Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How in the world did Jason manage to find Alice.

Haddonfield High Alumni

Member since Sep 2004

Member #427

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween

Favorite Character
    Lester the dog

How in the world did Jason manage to find Alice.

It's not like he could go to town looking how he did and ask around.

Look Aunt May! No hands!

Member since Mar 2009

Member #12469

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Favorite Character
    The Shape

In the novelization it's stated that Alice went back to the Crystal Lake area and the night she was killed Jason followed back to where she was staying. That must also apply to the movie considering the conversation she had with her mother on the phone.
    Their morals...their "code"....is a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show ya....when the chips are down, these, uh, these "civilized" people? They'll EAT each other.

Slasher

Member since Mar 2009

Member #12396

Is this about the original film? Or the sequel?

And... the novelization? Uh, when would that novel have been published?

Last Son

Member since Sep 2004

Member #42

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    H1 - H3

Favorite Character
    Dan Challis

It's about part 2, the opening specifically, and I believe the novelization was published around '86.

Slasher

Member since Mar 2009

Member #12396

86 is way too long after the fact to have any bearing on the films themselves. (Regardless of who wrote it. That's right, I said it.)

The films pretty much confirm that Jason pulling Alice into the lake was a dream. And this was his only opportunity to conceivably have put a tail on her as it were to know where she was going and how to find her. So, the movie has no explanation for how it happens- it just does. It makes no sense. It was all "he's out there, he can do anything" just to spook the audience.

The bigger issue is: if he knew she did it, saw her do it, and in the timeline of events was large enough to kill her... he waited to do it? Until she moved away? And he did it for revenge? Uh... where was this devotion when his mother was getting killed? Lazy bastard.

Smith's Grove Mental Patient

Member since Aug 2005

Member #2563

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    the first,of course!

Favorite Character
    little Mikey Myers

maybe this was the 1st example of his teleporting abilities from Part 8? he just wished to find her to kill her and...BAM! there he was!
    TRICK OR TREAT SUNUVABITCH!!!

Slasher

Member since Oct 2006

Member #6622

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween

Favorite Character
    Michael, Laurie and that d!ck, Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by TouchMe4Money View Post
    86 is way too long after the fact to have any bearing on the films themselves. (Regardless of who wrote it. That's right, I said it.)

The films pretty much confirm that Jason pulling Alice into the lake was a dream. And this was his only opportunity to conceivably have put a tail on her as it were to know where she was going and how to find her. So, the movie has no explanation for how it happens- it just does. It makes no sense. It was all "he's out there, he can do anything" just to spook the audience.

The bigger issue is: if he knew she did it, saw her do it, and in the timeline of events was large enough to kill her... he waited to do it? Until she moved away? And he did it for revenge? Uh... where was this devotion when his mother was getting killed? Lazy bastard.
    Actually, the fact that the novels were written after makes them far MORE valid, in my opinion. The author was able to take into account the entire film series up until that point, and smooth out some of the narrative points that conflict with each other from film to film.

Look Aunt May! No hands!

Member since Mar 2009

Member #12469

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Favorite Character
    The Shape

Agreed. And it makes more sense than any fan theory I've ever heard.
    Their morals...their "code"....is a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show ya....when the chips are down, these, uh, these "civilized" people? They'll EAT each other.

Slasher

Member since Sep 2004

Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Voorhees View Post
    In the novelization it's stated that Alice went back to the Crystal Lake area and the night she was killed Jason followed back to where she was staying. That must also apply to the movie considering the conversation she had with her mother on the phone.
    I don't consider novels "canon." OK, yeah, they might be the "official" novelization of the films but just because the novel fixes something that the film flubbed up on...does not mean anything. As it stands, in the film series, who the hell knows how Jason found Alice? It's just something the writer and director might have neglected to touch upon. It's anyone guess... and yes, one can turn to the novel for their answer. But that's the novel's answer, not Steve Miner's.
    Now listen to me, you little Harvard turd. Lootz is alright, so he's walkin out of here with everything he's got comin to him. If you so much as touch one fuckin hair on his fuckin head, I'm gonna fuckin wallpaper this fuckin bathroom with your fuckin ass, you understand me? Muted tones, isn't that what you said, huh? Huh? I can't hear you. Wait, wait a minute. There it is. Blended in, at a subsonic level, like some kind of mantra: "Pain, pain, pain."

Season Of The Witch

Member since Sep 2004

Member #21

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween (1978)

Favorite Character
    Laurie (RZH2), Loomis (H1), Brackett (RZH2)

If you can buy that Jason either A. didn't drown and lived in the woods for so many years or B. DID drown and came back from the dead, then I don't see how it's so hard to believe that he could have found her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
    You know a movie is powerful when it causes a testicle to reascend.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShape'78 View Post
    ALL HAIL BIG TITTED SLUTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassOf78 View Post
    This is the George Lucas of threads.

Phantom Of The Woods - Available on DVD November 25th

Slasher

Member since Oct 2006

Member #6622

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween

Favorite Character
    Michael, Laurie and that d!ck, Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    If you can buy that Jason either A. didn't drown and lived in the woods for so many years or B. DID drown and came back from the dead, then I don't see how it's so hard to believe that he could have found her.
    ^ This. Best answer.

Unsinkable

Member since Dec 2007

Member #10670

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    H1 & H4

Favorite Character
    Loomis & Myers

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    Quite True.

Cropsy Chris

Member since Sep 2004

Member #68

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    The original

Favorite Character
    Max the dog

People still used the phone book back then. I'm sure he could have found one just laying about town or in an overlooked phone booth or something. I also accept that Alice came back to Crystal Lake.

Slasher

Member since Aug 2012

Member #53632

the look on Alice's face when Jason found her was PRICELESS....

Look Aunt May! No hands!

Member since Mar 2009

Member #12469

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Favorite Character
    The Shape

Quote Originally Posted by FTL View Post
    I don't consider novels "canon." OK, yeah, they might be the "official" novelization of the films but just because the novel fixes something that the film flubbed up on...does not mean anything. As it stands, in the film series, who the hell knows how Jason found Alice? It's just something the writer and director might have neglected to touch upon. It's anyone guess... and yes, one can turn to the novel for their answer. But that's the novel's answer, not Steve Miner's.
    I didn't ever say they were canon, but again, the novel provides the most logical answer to this question, especially if you take into account the conversation Alice had on the phone with her mother before her death. Even if it's not stated emphatically, it's heavily implied that Alice ventured back to the Crystal Lake area to deal with her demons, hence the disagreement between her & her mother.

Again, it's the most logical answer that's been provided by anyone thus far. Is it 100% official? No. But it works for me.

But, let me just stop everyone and ask this: Alice is one of the most bland, one-dimensional characters in the series, so does anyone really care how Jason found her? We should just be glad that he did. haha