Thread: Paranormal Activity 4

Haddonfield High Alumni

Member since Apr 2009

Member #12617

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween '07 , Halloween II '09

Favorite Character
    Michael & Dr. Loomis

I barely got to see the trailer for it a couple of days ago. My best friend was kind enough to send me the link to the trailer via email & all im going to say is that I simply CANNOT wait for this movie to come out. Im a big fan of the Paranormal Activity movies . Im really trying not to find out about the plot or what its going to be about because for the first time im going to enjoy walking into the theatre & simply allow myself to be surprised. I have the habit of researching the plot & about the characters & by the time its time to see the movie I kinda know whats going to happen before it does so... im taking a different approach with this one. But... YES!!! cannot wait
    " I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the *devil's* eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... EVIL : Dr. Loomis / Halloween 1978

" Hey jerk ! Speed Kills" : Annie / Halloween 1978

Slasher

Member since Feb 2007

Member #7544

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween

Favorite Character
    Michael/Loomis/Jamie

I'll keep on with the series since the story intrigues me. It's nice to finally see the trailer.

Slasher

Member since Aug 2012

Member #53632

any message board that has a thread for this movie, i've noticed one thing, nobody has any theories. why not? this series is very much like the SAW series, in the way that the movies have told the stories out of order and the last one asked more questions than it answered, we won't have the full story and be able to make complete sense out of it until the final film comes out.

i have a theory.

if you comment on it and disagree, please tell me what your theory is as to what's going on.

here it goes...

remember on the PA2 cover,

Hunter (the baby) has no reflection in the mirror.

WHY ????

here's my theory .....

in 3, the grandma is preparing a marriage between Kristie and Tobey (the ghost). we don't know what happened when they went upstairs, maybe they DID have a wedding. because remember Kristie was able to see Tobey as a child.

we know Tobey wanted the family's first born male. nobody had males though. Ally's first child was her daughter.

Katie and Kristie said they didn't remember much about their childhood.

what if Kristie and Tobey have been married the whole time? Tobey is able to put her under a spell at times without her knowing it.

what if Hunter is actually Tobey's son?

that's why Tobey went to such extremes to get Hunter, he's his son.

he has no reflection in the mirror because he's a ghost baby.

it's got to be something crazy like that. the grandma did some messed up shit to them.

keep that in mind, then think about everything from 1 & 2, then ask youself if it's possible. keep in mind Tobey never went after Katie until he needed to use her to get to Kristie, to get to Hunter.

Last edited by SAW'ed OFF; 08-29-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Smith's Grove Mental Patient

Member since Jun 2007

Member #8450

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    H2 1981 Film wise, H2 2009 for cinematography

Quote Originally Posted by SAW'ed OFF View Post
    any message board that has a thread for this movie, i've noticed one thing, nobody has any theories. why not? this series is very much like the SAW series, in the way that the movies have told the stories out of order and the last one asked more questions than it answered, we won't have the full story and be able to make complete sense out of it until the final film comes out.

i have a theory.

if you comment on it and disagree, please tell me what your theory is as to what's going on.

here it goes...

WHY ????

here's my theory .....

in 3, the grandma is preparing a marriage between Kristie and Tobey (the ghost). we don't know what happened when they went upstairs, maybe they DID have a wedding. because remember Kristie was able to see Tobey as a child.

we know Tobey wanted the family's first born male. nobody had males though. Ally's first child was her daughter.

what if Kristie and Tobey have been married the whole time? Tobey is able to put her under a spell at times without her knowing it.

it's got to be something crazy like that. the grandma did some messed up shit to them.

keep that in mind, then think about everything from 1 & 2, then ask youself if it's possible. keep in mind Tobey never went after Katie until he needed to use her to get to Kristie, to get to Hunter.

Even though this isn't really a spoiler (I don't really have a theory), but to answer what you have tagged:
    Hunter having no reflection is the same as the shot of Kristie's reflection acting differently than her. Its just a promotional photo.

And it was stated in PA3 that the witches' rituals are the reason Kristie and Katie don't remember their childhoods.
    Formerly known as shuyin_zer0

Add me up (just let me know who you are :P )

Facebook
    Twitter

Slasher

Member since Oct 2007

Member #9497

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    .... HalloweeN 4 .... H1;HII;HIII

Favorite Character
    THE BOOGEYMAN

Quote Originally Posted by SAW'ed OFF View Post

i have a theory.

here it goes...

WHY ????

here's my theory .....

That's deep man. That would actually be pretty cool to see play out. But perhaps it was just a promotional thing and nothing more.

I'll need to rewatch these as I've only seen them once a piece (well, PA1 I saw twice).
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Slasher

Member since Feb 2007

Member #7544

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween

Favorite Character
    Michael/Loomis/Jamie

That was just promotional. If that were the intention of the image, it would be presented in PA2. That isn't to say Hunter as Toby's son isn't possible though. But Toby didn't seem to be active until Hunter was born so I'm inclined to think he isn't Toby's son.

Haddonfield High Alumni

Member since Apr 2009

Member #12617

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween '07 , Halloween II '09

Favorite Character
    Michael & Dr. Loomis

I must admit that does sound kinda interesting , would be cool if it played out somewhere along those lines. However I doubt that would be the case but again... sounds interesting .
    " I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the *devil's* eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... EVIL : Dr. Loomis / Halloween 1978

" Hey jerk ! Speed Kills" : Annie / Halloween 1978

Slasher

Member since Sep 2008

Member #11613

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    H20,H1,H2 (2009),RZH

Favorite Character
    MICHEAL MYERS, LAURIE STRODE

i dont know why this thread isn't buzzing with activity and this movie is getting closer and closer to hitting theatres . am i the only one who's excited here ??

Anyway here's the second trailer for PA4 looks really cool and creepy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6vCXXn3XuM
    Evil Has A Destiny

Family Is Forever

Starting all over

Member since Sep 2004

Member #372

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween

Favorite Character
    Michael Myers

Well, they answered some questions with the new trailer. I just hope Katie shows up for more than just a cameo. I'll definitely be there on the first day.
    Here's to living

Slasher

Member since Sep 2008

Member #11613

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    H20,H1,H2 (2009),RZH

Favorite Character

i got 3 different groups of people who want to see it with me : my cousins , my friends at work , my friends at university soo hell maybe i'll see it 3 times if its as good as the first or third i just can't wait till opening night
    Evil Has A Destiny

Family Is Forever

Haddonfield High Alumni

Member since Dec 2011

Member #45178

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween (1978)

Favorite Character
    Lynda

Looks pretty good. I need to rewatch the first 3 cuz when it gets this far I start getting confused on what's going on. But I'm still excited to see this because I loved the 3rd one.

Cheeseburger?!

Member since Apr 2007

Member #7962

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween

Favorite Character
    Sam Loomis, and Mr. Sales

Honestly I'm more interested in this film than I was the 2nd one for sure. I liked the first movie okay but found it to be nothing special and hated the main male character because he was an obnoxious douchebag that I found it impossible to route for. I hated the 2nd movie for being the exact same film as the first only far more obnoxious and featuring the most annoying use of repeating shots in recent memory. The 3rd movie I actually thought was pretty good. Yeah it was more of the same, but I found the characters and actors far more likeable than anybody in the previous films and at the very least it didn't bore me. This movie, based on the trailers, looks to be doing a whole like more than the previous ones did and at the very least seems to be striving to be more innovative and not just be a repackaging of the same old scares yet again.
    Brand New Inside The OHMB Now Available Here Anybody interested in interviewing please contact me via private messages.

Even in today's enlightened society there remains a stigma to being a psycho sexual sadist.

Slasher

Member since Feb 2007

Member #7544

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    Halloween

Favorite Character
    Michael/Loomis/Jamie

Well PA3 taught us not to trust the trailer. While I'm excited for the film and the story sounds interesting, I've got no reason to expect any of those scenes. The Kinect could potentially be extremely creepy or silly product placement depending on how it's used.

Slasher

Member since Sep 2008

Member #11613

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    H20,H1,H2 (2009),RZH

Favorite Character

i just cant wait for this movie they are usually so freaking scary when u're watching them for the first time
    Evil Has A Destiny

Family Is Forever

Slasher

Member since Sep 2008

Member #11613

Favorite HalloweeN Movie
    H20,H1,H2 (2009),RZH

Favorite Character

this is a must see for PA fans : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB0-7w-XaBU

its an audience reaction at an early screening of PA4
    Evil Has A Destiny