PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead euro version

Turd Ferguson
09-04-2006, 07:03 PM
What's the difference? I have it on my queue on Netflix and it says its Argento's version, anyone seen it?

Roswell
09-04-2006, 07:05 PM
It's been edited down to 118 minutes. The pacing of the film is faster and the library track/Goblin score now just features Goblin.

Rich
09-11-2006, 12:07 AM
It is aweful. Basically, Dario Argento took Romero's masterpiece to the chopping block and played MPAA. No, he didn't cut any gore, but some of the stuff he did cut were essential story elements. Just stick to the U.S. theatrical version.

Roswell
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I actually like the European version. Sure it's been edited down and some of the social views have been lost, but it still plays out like a good zombie film.

It's much better than the Extended Version of the movie, which is too drawn out and doesn't have enough of Goblin's score to it.

Rich
09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
it still plays out like a good zombie film

Sure it's a good zombie film, but my problem with that is, Dawn of the Dead is not just a good zombie film...but a good FILM. I have all the respect in the world for Dario Argento as a film maker, but I think he dropped the ball on this one. He just wanted to make Dawn of the Dead every other zombie movie, when it is truely much bigger and better then just any run of the mill zombie movie.

It's much better than the Extended Version of the movie

No way in hell. The extended cut did have some bonus stuff that was not needed, and George took those things out of the movie, himself, BUT it still included everything that makes this movie above and beyond the average zombie movie.

Roswell
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Sorry, but the Extended Version is just too.....extended. Not saying it reduces the film to a piece of shit, but there's just a lot of things that were not needed and you could see that in the Extended Version.

Plus, there was hardly any of Goblin's score in the movie! That's messed up if you ask me!

Turd Ferguson
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Euro version cut the Helicopter decapitation, the 2 kids who are zeds die but it shows the dudes face and some shooting, then the 2 zed kids spazzin out from the shootin, i think US version just has him shoot em once

Rich
09-12-2006, 12:46 AM
there's just a lot of things that were not needed and you could see that in the Extended Version.

I agree, believe me, but when it comes to this movie, I would rather have MORE then LESS, because almost every moment in this film is a story element, and to strip as much as Dario did from the film, it just became every other zombie film.

Shamrock-Robot
07-23-2007, 11:40 PM
I actually liked the pacing of the euro cut, I also liked hearing more of Goblins score too.

Khan
07-24-2007, 03:58 AM
I like the European version.

Then again, I like any version of it.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 04:54 AM
Me too.

Khan
07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
There is some good sound editing in the European version when the zombies are eating people.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I also liked the rock music that was playing when the Bikers were invading the mall and when Peter was escaping onto the roof to get in the helicopter.