PDA

View Full Version : Halloween III Insert Poster

ILoveHalloween3
09-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I just won an auction for the "H3" insert poster for the film. Now that i've done this, can someone tell me what an 'insert' poster is?

http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/37/0b/4a_12.JPG

Superman
09-03-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't know, but why is there a big chunck out of the bottom?

Brackett
09-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't know, but why is there a big chunck out of the bottom?

I dunno.. i was wondering the same thing when i saw it on ebay..

NightmareMan84
09-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I absolutely love the H3 poster. I can't wait to put it back up on my wall again. And yeah, what is that on the bottom? Is it something that's just holding it down?

ILoveHalloween3
09-03-2006, 06:30 PM
It doesn't look like it's missing, it almost looks like there's a slit on the bottom left, and the rest is tucked under in that shot. I dunno.

I was just told it was a good rare "H3" item, so I picked it up, plus I should get it quick, I only live about two hours away from the seller.

Oneilmyers78
09-03-2006, 06:52 PM
It's a rarer us poster. I have one displays very nice.

MrTaft
09-04-2006, 01:06 AM
You should be well-pleased with that poster. It doesn't show up very often. Inserts were mainly used to go on theater doors or columns outside theaters, etc, where one-sheet posters could not fit.

ILoveHalloween3
09-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Ah ok. Thx for the info. I wasn't quite sure what an insert poster was, and I told it was rare.

Benny JR
09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
It doesn't look like it's missing, it almost looks like there's a slit on the bottom left, and the rest is tucked under in that shot. I dunno.

Well, for your sake, I hope it's just tucked under, but you will be pleased, I've been trying to get a hold of any ''Hallowe'en'' poster for quite some time now.

Myers63
09-10-2006, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't worry...it looks to me like the missing chunk at the bottom is actually a weight to prevent a rolled poster from curling up during the photo session. I've used them myself in order to hold the corners down to prevent curling. :)

ILoveHalloween3
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Yep, well it's official, there's NO CHUNK at the bottom missing.

I received the poster yesterday, and it is completely uncorrupted and no folder or curled or anything. It's obviously been mint & unused, and kept rolled since 1982. Great high quality poster-board type paper, not the thin shit they use now.

It's so freakin' awesome. I'm very happy with it.

Benny JR
10-03-2006, 02:42 AM
Yep, well it's official, there's NO CHUNK at the bottom missing.

I received the poster yesterday, and it is completely uncorrupted and no folder or curled or anything. It's obviously been mint & unused, and kept rolled since 1982. Great high quality poster-board type paper, not the thin shit they use now.

It's so freakin' awesome. I'm very happy with it.

Good for you, I'm actually just looking to buy any poster for any movie, but I don't have a credit card so I cannot buy from the Inter-Net.

ILoveHalloween3
10-07-2006, 07:04 PM
That's gonna make it awfully tough dude, unless you get on EBay and do things like money orders.

Wheatjedi
10-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Very nice insert! I have the one for Halloween II as well as for the first four Friday the 13th films and the original Star Wars trilogy.

FYI... insert posters (which always measured 14x36 inches) were produced by National Screen Service until the mid-1980s when the smaller "mom and pop" theaters started closing and big megaplexes began popping up. NSS also produced half-sheet posters (20"x28") and lobby cards. They were always printed on thicker card stock instead of the thin paper that one-sheet posters are printed on and were always sent to theaters rolled (as opposed to folded, as most one-sheets were at the time). The six-digit number on the bottom of the poster indicates the year the film was released (the first two digits)and NSS registry number of the film (the last four digits).

ILoveHalloween3
10-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Wow, very informative. Thanks.