PDA

View Full Version : Diary of the Dead!

Pages : [1] 2

NeewollaH
08-24-2006, 07:31 PM
credit to B-D:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/7081

The dead are rising again.

The Hollywood Reporter writes that horror maven George A. Romero has signed on to write and direct "George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead," the latest sequel to his 1968 cult classic "Night of the Living Dead."

With a story mixing elements of "The Blair Witch Project" and the long-running "Dead" series, the film will follow a group of college students shooting a horror movie in the woods who stumble upon a real zombie uprising. When the onslaught begins, they seize the moment as any good film students would, capturing the undead in a "cinema verite" style that causes more than the usual production headaches.

After going more than two decades without making an independently financed zombie film, Romero told his production partner Peter Grunwald he was frustrated working within the system. "I was trying to convince Peter we could just run off and do it ourselves," he said.

Well, it's a little something different from Georgie-boy. I wonder if there's going to be any of that social commentary that us zombie gore hounds love so much....I'm not skeptical, just as long as it has more lasting amusement than LOTD.

NightmareMan84
08-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Sounds like BS to me. However, if it's true it could be interesting if executed well.

MMyers89
08-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Sounds totally.... weird. Not sure if I even believe it. It's a very, VERY strange idea though.

Roswell
08-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Let's see. It's coming from Bloody Disgusting.

I'm already skeptical.

However, if this is for real, I'm all for it.

NeewollaH
08-24-2006, 08:13 PM
B-D usually is pretty good with rumor control. The only time I was really ticked off was the Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash script thing a couple years back. B-D says this news is official, so I'll take it. It's something new, which could be good or bad. I'm waiting for someone to do a 'back to de basics' joke here.

Phatty Matty
08-25-2006, 08:42 AM
The news is official, it came from Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003053050).

I don't know what to think of this. I would rather just see another balls out Zombie flick from the man, but if it's going to be independent like Romero is saying then I'm all for it. Diary does sound extremely interesting though.

blueseattle
08-25-2006, 11:11 AM
The news is official, it came from Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003053050).

I don't know what to think of this. I would rather just see another balls out Zombie flick from the man, but if it's going to be independent like Romero is saying then I'm all for it. Diary does sound extremely interesting though.

I still wish Romero could have made Land of the Dead incredibly long...I'm talking 2 to 3 hours long. It needed to be, especially with the subject matter they were using.

This sounds refreshing, but only if executed well. I am hesitant on any zombie movie right now.

I'm pushing for a Walking Dead live action series somehow...that would be great.

HiddenDragon
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
It sounds odd, but it can work if done a certain way. I think if he can keep it from looking to much like "Blair Witch" it should be fine.

MichaelMyers
08-25-2006, 06:48 PM
It sounds odd, but it can work if done a certain way. I think if he can keep it from looking to much like "Blair Witch" it should be fine.
I would hope its nothing like Blair Witch because I despise that crappy movie, but sadly it says its going to have some elements of it in it.

NightmareMan84
08-25-2006, 09:25 PM
The more I think about this the more I hope that if this news is true, this will turn out to be a standalone movie and not part of the 'Dead' series. How could this possibly be a sequel? The article says these people stumble onto a zombie uprising, but that sounds like they were unaware of the zombie plague. So if this is to be the next sequel the only way this idea could work is if this movie is set in the future and the original zombie plague has somehow been wiped out and a new one has started. Hopefully more news will come soon.

ILoveHalloween3
08-30-2006, 01:18 PM
I always got the feeling Romero wasn't happy with "Land". Going through Universal, threw him out of his realm.

Maybe "Diary" will actually feel like a "Dead" film, instead of the Hollywood-slicked "Land".

Leigh Brackett
09-01-2006, 06:29 AM
I think you may have hit the zombie on the head with that post. I think Romero will have total creative control with this film.

Muse
09-01-2006, 05:26 PM
The more I think about this the more I hope that if this news is true, this will turn out to be a standalone movie and not part of the 'Dead' series. How could this possibly be a sequel? The article says these people stumble onto a zombie uprising, but that sounds like they were unaware of the zombie plague. So if this is to be the next sequel the only way this idea could work is if this movie is set in the future and the original zombie plague has somehow been wiped out and a new one has started. Hopefully more news will come soon.

It could be a prequel...

I heard around the time LOTD came out (have no idea where and was probably not true) that George A. Romero wanted to make the series into a 6 movie saga, with one of them being a prequel...

I wouldn't take what ive just posted v. seriously as im sure if it was even vaguely true, someone else wouldve heard something about it

EDIT: (ive just read on BD that the movie opens when the outbreak began.. sound like a prequel? maybe what i heard was true...)

atomic dog
09-01-2006, 08:28 PM
here's what i found:

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/diaryofdead.php

NightmareMan84
09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Dread Central just posted an audio interview with George Romero today. Check it out here: http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=Interviews&req=showcontent&id=4739

MichaelMyers
09-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Direct-to-DVD would suck, for the main reason being not being able to see it on the big screen.

Roswell
09-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Romero to STV? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

NightmareMan84
09-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah the fact that it may go STV does not sit well with me either. Also, I'm a little confused about this movies place in the 'Dead' series. I mean it's clear that it's part of it, but is it sort of a prequel that's set the same night of the first, or is it a re-imagining like Rob Zombie's Halloween? I really hope it's the former, but I guess it's too early to tell.

ILoveHalloween3
09-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Well i'm wondering if Romero is just gonna start making stand-alone "Dead" films, that just throws new characters in a mix with threatening zombies.

"Night", "Dawn", "Day" & "Land" were all connective. But "Diary" doesn't sound like it's gonna fit anywhere, unless it's gonna fit in-between "Night" & "Dawn".

HiddenDragon
09-02-2006, 10:00 AM
I would hope its nothing like Blair Witch because I despise that crappy movie, but sadly it says its going to have some elements of it in it.

I hate Blair Witch as well, but I get this awful feeling this movie is going to turn into "The Blair Zombie Project"

MMyers89
09-02-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure if I like the idea or not, but it has the potential to be alot like the original NOTLD, which would be really cool. And STV, thats fine with me, as long as the film is good.

Muse
09-03-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure if I like the idea or not, but it has the potential to be alot like the original NOTLD, which would be really cool. And STV, thats fine with me, as long as the film is good.

Yeah, i agree. But if a film has the potential to be as big as NOTLD, wouldn't you want to see it in a cinema first? I know i would... i guess we will have to wait and see. But, yeah, i agree with your views anywayz :D:):D

Rich
09-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Normally I would say, "DTV...okay...I'll skip it" but not in this case and here's why:

Look what happened to Land of the Dead. The theatrical version was butchered beyond belief. Not only gore but a FUCKING STORY ELEMENTS were cut from the movie...all for the sake of the friggen clock. I went to see it in theaters and loved it. Then when I saw it on dvd, I found out I was cheated when I saw it in theaters.

the moral of the story is

Even if it were to come out in theaters, we wouldn't see it the way it is meant to be seen until the dvd release anyway. I say, I want to see it THE RIGHT WAY the first time.

In this rare case, bring on the DTV Romero film. Hey, I don't like the concept so I think it's going to suck to begin with, but if I must sit through it, I at least want to sit through the best version of the film available.

Ike Carr
11-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Here are some shots from the set of the upcoming Diary of the Dead courtesy of Bloody-Disgusting.com.http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7592

urbanchaos
11-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Seem like a weird idea but I like all the Romero zombie flicks so I surely gonna love this one.

Muse
11-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Some Behind-the-Scenes footage from Diary of the Dead here from Bloody-Disgusting

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7656

Also a myspace page on there for those of you with a page.

Halloween444
11-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Im sure gonna see it after all Land Of The Dead was a blast when i first saw it on theaters

Shamrock-Robot
07-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Romero had this to say,

Hi, guys,

Lemme tell ya about Diary of the Dead. I love it. It's the first film since my original Night of the Living Dead that I can say is completely my own.

I've been trying to work under-the-radar, with no hype or press, but lately I've started hearing all kinds of shit about "What's goin' on with Romero?" "What's with his new film?"

Gimme a break over here! I'm up in Toronto workin' my ass off, making Diary the best it can be. Truth is, I'm having a blast. I've gone home to the kind of filmmaking that I used to do, back in the day.

Diary is a hundred percent independent, made with my partner, Peter Grunwald, and our new friends at Artfire. I haven't had this much freedom since 1968. The cast, of what film critics will probably call "unknowns" (they won't be for long) is, in my opinion, fuckin' great.

This one comes from my heart. It's not a sequel or a remake. It's a whole new beginning for the dead.

Thanks to all of you who are out there waiting and wondering. You guys, the fans, have always kept me going. Now Diary's keeping me going, night, dawn, and day.

I love this movie. I hope you will, too. I'll be back here from time to time to keep you posted. Stay tuned.

Stay scared.

George A. Romero

George seems to feel really good about this one, I cant wait till it comes out because I think the idea behind it is great and to see a zombie film from George that happens on the same night as NOTLD sounds interesting so im hyped.

wyatt s
07-03-2007, 11:37 PM
I was sort of let down by Land of The Dead, as it honestly didn't seem like Romero was calling all the shots, but it was a decent flick.

This...I really can't wait to see.

Shamrock-Robot
07-04-2007, 03:37 AM
I was sort of let down by Land of The Dead, as it honestly didn't seem like Romero was calling all the shots, but it was a decent flick.

This...I really can't wait to see.

I really liked Land Of The Dead but I will agree that Romero really didnt get to call all the shots, The only thing that let me down about Land was that there was alot of CGI used but Romero was directing it for a big studio and he had a deadline to put it out in theaters so I understand it had to be done, But since he done Diary of the Dead all by himself without a big studio and a theater deadline maybe we will get to see the old Romero of Night/Dawn/Day
again.

wyatt s
07-04-2007, 08:56 AM
My real problem with Land of The Dead is Big Daddy. It was a bad character and it was really a terrible performance. Way too human, nowhere near the quality of Bub. I really can't wait to see what Romero's can do with an actual independent movie again.

Shamrock-Robot
07-04-2007, 11:07 AM
My real problem with Land of The Dead is Big Daddy. It was a bad character and it was really a terrible performance. Way too human, nowhere near the quality of Bub. I really can't wait to see what Romero's can do with an actual independent movie again.

Well basically the point is zombies are evolving, Getting more intelligent and capable of more.

wyatt s
07-04-2007, 12:36 PM
and I like that a lot, I really do. It was great with Bub. The problem is that Big Daddy seems to cease being a zombie at all. He's almost completely human.

I'm just glad that Romero can make a zombie movie now that doesn't have to be connected at all to the other series. I think it frees him up to be a bit more creative with the material.

Khan
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Romero had this to say,

Hi, guys,

Lemme tell ya about Diary of the Dead. I love it. It's the first film since my original Night of the Living Dead that I can say is completely my own.

I've been trying to work under-the-radar, with no hype or press, but lately I've started hearing all kinds of shit about "What's goin' on with Romero?" "What's with his new film?"

Gimme a break over here! I'm up in Toronto workin' my ass off, making Diary the best it can be. Truth is, I'm having a blast. I've gone home to the kind of filmmaking that I used to do, back in the day.

Diary is a hundred percent independent, made with my partner, Peter Grunwald, and our new friends at Artfire. I haven't had this much freedom since 1968. The cast, of what film critics will probably call "unknowns" (they won't be for long) is, in my opinion, fuckin' great.

This one comes from my heart. It's not a sequel or a remake. It's a whole new beginning for the dead.

Thanks to all of you who are out there waiting and wondering. You guys, the fans, have always kept me going. Now Diary's keeping me going, night, dawn, and day.

I love this movie. I hope you will, too. I'll be back here from time to time to keep you posted. Stay tuned.

Stay scared.

George A. Romero

George seems to feel really good about this one, I cant wait till it comes out because I think the idea behind it is great and to see a zombie film from George that happens on the same night as NOTLD sounds interesting so im hyped.

This makes me even more excited about the movie.

I wonder which part of Toronto he is working in.

Roswell
07-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Can't wait!

Shamrock-Robot
07-09-2007, 02:29 PM
This makes me even more excited about the movie.

I wonder which part of Toronto he is working in.

Im not sure which part he is working in, I was actually suprised when I found out he was working in Toronto because usually he works out of Pittsburgh unless its a major studio film like Land, George must have really liked working in Toronto.

Khan
07-09-2007, 02:51 PM
You get tax credits for filming in Canada.

Toronto is a great city! :D

Shamrock-Robot
07-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Has anybody seen any pics of the zombies from this film yet?, Im dying to see exactly what they look like but I havent found any pics of them yet, For a movie that has been filmed for a while now it is definately staying under the radar.

atomic dog
07-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Has anybody seen any pics of the zombies from this film yet?, Im dying to see exactly what they look like but I havent found any pics of them yet, For a movie that has been filmed for a while now it is definately staying under the radar.

there are only a few:

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/gallery/index.php?cat=25

Shamrock-Robot
07-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks alot man, From what Ive seen so far the Zombies look great.

Khan
07-16-2007, 04:08 AM
I can't wait for this to come out.

Shamrock-Robot
07-16-2007, 06:50 AM
I really wish they would release a trailer.

Khan
07-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Me too!

Romero is my horror idol.

Shamrock-Robot
07-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Me too!

Romero is my horror idol.

Let me ask you this, How do you feel about the film not having a musical score, I myself am interested in seeing how it works out and I think it may add a new level of creepiness, And it should make people feel like they are watching real footage or something but I think that is the way Diary is intended to be, But do you like the fact it has no music?

WhiteZombie
07-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Let me ask you this, How do you feel about the film not having a musical score, I myself am interested in seeing how it works out and I think it may add a new level of creepiness, And it should make people feel like they are watching real footage or something but I think that is the way Diary is intended to be, But do you like the fact it has no music?

Its hard to say. The score for Dawn is fucking amazing. Part of what makes me love it so much. The score can be powerful, but at the same time, no score could work for this type of movie. Either way im pumped

Shamrock-Robot
07-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Its hard to say. The score for Dawn is fucking amazing. Part of what makes me love it so much. The score can be powerful, but at the same time, no score could work for this type of movie. Either way im pumped

The score by Goblin for Dawn was definately amazing, I also loved John Harrison's score for Day It kinda has a John Carpenter feel to it, Actually now that I think of it Dawn and Day's score's have a Carpenter feel to them, But I really think the no score thing about Diary will definately add more realism to it.

WhiteZombie
07-16-2007, 11:30 PM
The score by Goblin for Dawn was definately amazing, I also loved John Harrison's score for Day It kinda has a John Carpenter feel to it, Actually now that I think of it Dawn and Day's score's have a Carpenter feel to them, But I really think the no score thing about Diary will definately add more realism to it.

Yeah the scores definetly do have a Carpenter taste to them. They work amazingly for the movies. But if this movie is a documentary style, no score definetly makes it seem more realistic. You'll feel as though your watching the actual footage that was filmed. (ex: Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon). For alot of the movie, or at least before the "Slasher portion", I dont think there is any score. It really helps you belive the movie is truly a documentary, and does it damn well.

Shamrock-Robot
07-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah the scores definetly do have a Carpenter taste to them. They work amazingly for the movies. But if this movie is a documentary style, no score definetly makes it seem more realistic. You'll feel as though your watching the actual footage that was filmed. (ex: Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon). For alot of the movie, or at least before the "Slasher portion", I dont think there is any score. It really helps you belive the movie is truly a documentary, and does it damn well.

Btw, Ive been wanting to check out The Rise Of Leslie Vernon, Is it good?

WhiteZombie
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Btw, Ive been wanting to check out The Rise Of Leslie Vernon, Is it good?

Oh man. Get on that. Check out my, and everyone else's posts in the Vernon thread. Its one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Its incredibly good. Im going to stop speaking before I give anything away....go see it.

Shamrock-Robot
07-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Ive read the post's and Im definately picking this up, Ill try and review it in the lv thread after I get it, Which is either tomorrow or the day after.

WhiteZombie
07-17-2007, 06:02 AM
Ive read the post's and Im definately picking this up, Ill try and review it in the lv thread after I get it, Which is either tomorrow or the day after.

Wicked, hope you enjoy it. Though I know you will.

wyatt s
07-17-2007, 08:00 AM
The film not having a score is a really ballsy move by Romero. Fuck everything about this movie seems so ballsy. That's really the reason that I'm happy about this film, Romero just seems to have so much passion for it and he looks to be pulling out all the stops.

Rich
07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
The original Chain Saw Massacre had basically no score, with the exception of a few banging pots and pans sounds here and there. Can you imagine if Diary has a Chain Saw feel to it? That would be nuts.

Shamrock-Robot
07-18-2007, 10:03 PM
The original Chain Saw Massacre had basically no score, with the exception of a few banging pots and pans sounds here and there. Can you imagine if Diary has a Chain Saw feel to it? That would be nuts.

I think the no score for Diary will definately add an extra real feel to the film, Man I cant wait for this to come out.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 01:19 AM
UPDATE!!!!

ROMERO, IN CANADA, AT MIDNIGHT
By Russ Fischer
Since he's been up there making it for months, it makes sense that George A Romero's Diary Of The Dead (that's the full title, folks) will premiere as part of the 2007 Toronto International Film Festival's Midnight Madness program. That's the part of the festival where movies like Ichi The Killer, Hostel and High Tension have bowed in the past; hopefully Diary will be better than all of them. Loads better. Please.

Romero is in good company. Stuart Gordon's Stuck (based on the news story where a woman hit a guy with her car, then drove home and garaged it with his body in the windshield) is in the program, as is Hitman director Xavier Gens' Frontière(s) and Wilson Yip's SPL follow-up Flash Point. (SPL: another Midnight Madness premiere.)

The other films sound fun, too. The Devil's Chair and À l'intérieur promise serious gore, and the Japanese Dainipponjin parodies superheroes and Ultraman, much like Takashi Miike's previous festival entry Zebraman. The only program entry that fails to around interest is the anime Vexille, but maybe it'll be fun as well.

In all, this is a more serious program than in the past couple of years, where the proceedings have been lightened with films like Borat and Jesus Is Magic. You can get extended info on each film at TIFF's site by clicking here.

The 2007 festival starts on September 6 and runs through the 15th. Once again, I'll be there for the duration, tired and elated.,,,,,,

So I guess Diary Of The Dead will premiere in Toronto, I hope it comes to the US quickly after, But It looks like the ball is really starting to roll.

wyatt s
07-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Looks like I'll have to go up to Canada in september.

Khan
07-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I would love to go, and it is just a subway ride for me.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 07:37 PM
If you go let us know some details!!!

WhiteZombie
07-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Thats close as hell to me. I hope I can do it.

ten31
07-26-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm only a half hour away so I will try to attend the screening. It will be interesting to see his indie Zombie flick compared to Land.

Shamrock-Robot
07-26-2007, 09:24 PM
You guys from Canada are lucky.

Rick
07-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Don't forget Romero will be at this years Festival of Fear next month at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Aug. 24 to the 26.

Shamrock-Robot
07-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Cool, I wish I could make it out there.

Khan
07-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Don't forget Romero will be at this years Festival of Fear next month at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Aug. 24 to the 26.

I am going!

Shamrock-Robot
07-27-2007, 09:20 AM
You guys are lucky.

Khan
07-27-2007, 09:31 AM
I am bring my DOTD Ultimate Edition for him to sign.

Shamrock-Robot
07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Thats cool, Have you met him before?

Khan
07-27-2007, 10:00 AM
No, but people who have said he was a really nice guy.

Rick
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I saw Romero there a few years ago when he was the guest of honor. He is a nice friendly guy. Unfortunately since the lines were so long no one got to spend a ton of time with him, but he certainly talked with everyone and posed for pics and answered any question as well as he could.
Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to grab one of the 4-disc Dawn of the Deads. It was to be released the next week but he brought a bunch with him and they sold out the first day (I was there on the second day) in an hour or so.
I did get his and Savini's autographs on Creepshow though, now all I need is Stephen King's.

Shamrock-Robot
07-27-2007, 12:52 PM
From what Ive heard he is a great guy.

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I can't wait for this one. I just hope that it goes to theaters. I know that George wants it to go straight to video.

Khan
07-28-2007, 02:04 PM
I would love to see it on a screen, even if it isn't at a mega-plex.

WhiteZombie
07-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I would love to see it on a screen, even if it isn't at a mega-plex.

Yeah me too. Like a smaller screening type thing.

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 02:45 AM
I would just like to see it at all.

Shamrock-Robot
08-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Over at Bloody-Disgusting their is some new pics, http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9621

zombie commando
08-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Romero untouched by studio influence left unshackled by corporate money grubing whores is a good thing indeed. I hope for the best.

Khan
08-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I asked him about it on Saturday, and it is getting screened in Europe, but may not get a theatrical release here.

He also got final cut.

Muse
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I asked him about it on Saturday, and it is getting screened in Europe, but may not get a theatrical release here.

I know UK's in Europe, obviously, but were a big country over here, so, does that mean we're getting it or not? I hope we do. I'd love to be able to see it. If I can even get in that is. If not, I can wait and put up with it on DVD. I just want to see it, pretty much.

zombie commando
08-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I'd rather catch it in theatres but I'm fine with watching it on DVD. I probably won't have a choice.

brain eater
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Theater or DVD...I just wanna see it.

Khan
08-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Same here.

discvader
09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Here's a review of Diary of the Dead...

http://www.horrorview.com/Reviews/D/Diary_of_the_Dead.htm

Khan
09-17-2007, 12:35 PM
It was picked up by the Weinstein's and is getting a proper release!

atomic dog
09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
will this be a real release of dtv?

wyatt s
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
I just read the Fangoria review, and they absolutely loved it.

Khan
09-17-2007, 03:40 PM
will this be a real release or dtv?

It will be theatrical from what I read.

wyatt s
09-17-2007, 04:01 PM
From what I gather it's getting a theatrical release, but it won't be quite as wide a release as Land was. As long as it doesn't pull a Hatchet and show up on about 6 or 7 theatre screens we should be fine, hehe

Khan
09-17-2007, 04:09 PM
I am in a major city, so I will get it.

Hatchet was playing 10 minutes from me.

wyatt s
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm in a small town, bummelfuck Michigan to be exact, but there's a much larger "city" of sorts about 2 hours away and they get everything. So I'm covered.

atomic dog
09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
any release date?

Khan
09-17-2007, 06:25 PM

Not at the moment.

zombie commando
09-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm happy to see it recieve good reviews. I hope it does better than Land of the Dead....even though I love the shit out of that flick.

Khan
09-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I like Land too.

Even if this isn't at the level of Dawn, I know I will enjoy it.

wyatt s
09-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Land is great, completely underrated and I think that's because people keep expecting Romero to do Dawn again. I'm getting the feeling though that this will be a lot better quality wise.

zombie commando
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I like Land too.

Even if this isn't at the level of Dawn, I know I will enjoy it.

Nothing will top Dawn or Day. It's like when an artist comes out with a big hit at the begining of their career and are damned to never beat it because it's damn near perfect. The expectations are too extreme, too unatainable.

Khan
09-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Land is great, completely underrated and I think that's because people keep expecting Romero to do Dawn again. I'm getting the feeling though that this will be a lot better quality wise.

The fact that isn't a studio film speaks volumes.

Nothing will top Dawn or Day. It's like when an artist comes out with a big hit at the begining of their career and are damned to never beat it because it's damn near perfect. The expectations are too extreme, too unatainable.

I agree.

Captain Mal
09-20-2007, 11:30 AM
When is Diary out on your side of the pond? I really hope it does well I'm dying to see it. Land was highly enjoyable stuff. I would've been interested in the sequel but I guess it didn't do well enough to warrant a direct sequel.

Khan
09-20-2007, 11:33 AM
They are saying sometime in 2008 from what I read.

Captain Mal
09-20-2007, 12:06 PM
They are saying sometime in 2008 from what I read.

Dammit!! Guess I'll just have to keep watchin Night, Dawn, Day and Land til then. Danny Boyle fucking ripped off Day of the Dead for 28 Days Later and then insists it's not a horror film. I hate that guy!!!

FooFighters
09-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Great great film. Love those buses!

FooFighters
09-20-2007, 12:53 PM
^ Wrong thread...sorry.

Khan
09-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I was wondering where you got a bus out of this. :batard:

The Dark Knight
09-20-2007, 02:18 PM

Not at the moment.

you're on UHM? word up.

Khan
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
No, I am not on there.

I just found the site.

The Dark Knight
09-20-2007, 02:25 PM
join it. its a good'n.

Khan
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=changes&p=.htm

George Romero's Diary of the Dead Weinstein Company 2/15/08

Woo hoo!

Muse
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Woo hoo!

All I have to say is... FUCK. YEAH!

I just hope UK gets it then, or around that time, too!

Khan
11-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I will be there opening weekend!

wyatt s
11-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Woo hoo!

Very good. Can't wait.

halo thirty one
11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
The Weinsteins aren't going to mess with this one are they? Re-shoots etc?

Khan
11-01-2007, 04:27 PM
From what I have read, they just bought distribution rights.

The movie is in the can and has already played at film festivals.

atomic dog
11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
just in time for my bday. i can't wait for this one.

Mr. Bruce
11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I am looking forward to seeing this movie. If its does good at the Box Office they're already talkin' about another one.

Khan
11-22-2007, 06:58 AM
George Romero's Diary of the Dead
Horror Wein. 2/15/08 R strong horror violence and gore, and pervasive language

The MPAA rating is in.

The Dark Knight
11-22-2007, 07:37 AM
2008 is going to be one of the best years for movies.

Dr Hoffman
11-22-2007, 08:18 AM
I hope the U.K get's this at cinemas Land of the Dead was in my local for maybe a week then vanished before i got chance to see it.

Captain Mal
11-22-2007, 04:45 PM
George Romero's Diary of the Dead
Horror Wein. 2/15/08 R strong horror violence and gore, and pervasive language

The MPAA rating is in.

This is indeed fantastic news!!! I just hope people watch it for what it is and don't compare it to Dawn. Personally I loved Land but I feel some people were expecting another genuine attempt at best movie ever like Dawn was.
When I compare Land to all other zombie flicks released recently (including Day of the Dead rip off, 28 Days Later) none of them are as good and I'm confident Diary will deliver also. GO GEORGE!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Silverpsycho
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I am really really trying to remain optimistic about this one. It sounds to be totally different from the others which I know I will find strange, but at least it's still the Godfather of zombies behind this project.

I for sure will be to the theatres in the beginning and I'm hopeful it will at least equate to Land or be better. If I find it a notch below Land, then Romero has lost his touch. I liked Land, but it's certainly no Night, Dawn or even Day.

Khan
12-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I am not expecting this to be a masterpiece like Night, Dawn Or Day, so I won't be let down.

I asked Romero what he thought about Land, and he said "yeah, I like it" in a way that suggested that it wasn't his favourite film.

wyatt s
12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
I've seen several interviews with Romero and every time he talks about Land he generally seems as though he's not happy with a lot of it.

This movie however, I can't wait. Everything I hear about it just sounds great. I don't think anything will ever equal the greatness of Romero's original trilogy, but this may well be great in its own right.

Khan
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
He has gone back to his low budget roots with no studio interference, so that is a good thing.

wyatt s
12-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Oh no doubt. Seeing Romero once again able to work presumably without restrictions is going to be fantastic. There are some filmmakers who just shouldn't be tethered to the studio system and Romero is one of them.

Khan
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
The only negative thing I have heard was about some CGI, but I can deal with that.

WhiteZombie
12-17-2007, 07:50 PM
The only negative thing I have heard was about some CGI, but I can deal with that.

Yeah CGI is fine in moderation. I just hate when its used for absolutly anything that just requires some work.

Khan
12-17-2007, 07:55 PM
The film is low budget, so they didn't have wads of cash to do certain effects.

Muse
12-18-2007, 02:52 AM
Oh no doubt. Seeing Romero once again able to work presumably without restrictions is going to be fantastic. There are some filmmakers who just shouldn't be tethered to the studio system and Romero is one of them.

I would most definately agree. He's got one of those creative minds that can work too well without the studios and when they get in on the action it just.. doesn't go down too well. I'm glad he's put film making before the cash that the studios would've paid him for another. Shows how much he cares about making movies/pleasing fans etc. ;] We need more film makers like him.

Mr. Bruce
01-11-2008, 04:38 AM
http://www.myspace.com/diaryofthedead

HOLY SHIT I AM NOW OFFICIALILY STOKED FOR THIS MOVIE.

atomic dog
01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
WOWOWO!!! that looks really good. i just hope it's different than wha's being done with cloverfield. and how does this fit into the timeline?

Khan
01-11-2008, 02:32 PM
It is a totally separate film from what I understand.

Mr. Bruce
01-11-2008, 06:01 PM
WOWOWO!!! that looks really good. i just hope it's different than wha's being done with cloverfield. and how does this fit into the timeline?

This movie is a whole new storyline Sean. They are ingoring Night all the way threw Land and starting the movie in today times and going in a whole new direction I dont know about ingoring all of the classics films but I gotta admitt it would be hard as hell to set a movie in the 1960s before Night of the Living Dead so I agree with this new view on the series it looks amazing.

Khan
01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
The existing series has run its course, so a fresh start was a wise action.

FooFighters
01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Anyone expect this to be good?

Mr. Bruce
01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm expecting this to be the best zombie film ever made hands down.

Khan
01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Of course!

I am not expecting a masterpiece though.

Chomp_on_this
01-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Anyone expect this to be good?

What a silly question to ask.

FooFighters
01-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Cool, I actually have no idea what it is about. I haven't read anything on it.

FooFighters
01-11-2008, 06:34 PM

Like I said in my above post...

Khan
01-11-2008, 06:35 PM

Romero is my idol.

Did I mention I have met him? :D

Mr. Bruce
01-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Romero is my idol.

Did I mention I have met him? :D

Like 10 times dude. :)

wyatt s
01-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Holy shit! This looks completely awesome! Loved the fact that the "George A. Romero's...." voice over sounded exactly like the voice over for the original three movies. Now I really can't wait to see it. Quick question though, did anybody else take note of the fact that the zombies appear to be moving a bit faster than in Romero's previous series? They're still slow looking but there's definately moments where they just seemed to have a bit of an extra "umph" to 'em.

Mr. Bruce
01-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Holy shit! This looks completely awesome! Loved the fact that the "George A. Romero's...." voice over sounded exactly like the voice over for the original three movies. Now I really can't wait to see it. Quick question though, did anybody else take note of the fact that the zombies appear to be moving a bit faster than in Romero's previous series? They're still slow looking but there's definately moments where they just seemed to have a bit of an extra "umph" to 'em.

Yeah I noticed that too maybe its just the trailer though or who knows maybe when they first become zombies they have a little extra life in them and in a few days after they eat some human flesh and there stomacs explode from the rotten flesh inside of em they slow down. Thats right Zombie handbook 101 bitches. :nodsmile:

wyatt s
01-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah I noticed that too maybe its just the trailer though or who knows maybe when they first become zombies they have a little extra life in them and in a few days after they eat some human flesh and there stomacs explode from the rotten flesh inside of em they slow down. Thats right Zombie handbook 101 bitches. :nodsmile:

Oh Zombie handbook...

I was quite shocked by the zombie, or it appears to be a zombie, that seems to sort of jump and latch on to one person in the trailer. That just feels like something completely different that what we've seen from Romero zombie flicks in the past and I quite liked it.

Mr. Bruce
01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh Zombie handbook...

I was quite shocked by the zombie, or it appears to be a zombie, that seems to sort of jump and latch on to one person in the trailer. That just feels like something completely different that what we've seen from Romero zombie flicks in the past and I quite liked it.
Yeah the one that was on the table right? Well there was one zombie in Dawn of the Dead that moved pretty quickily remember when they where in the shopping area and the little bastard was hidding behind cloths and jumped out after them. Who knows maybe 1 in 1000 zombies has the abilty to move quick only time will tell less then a month and a week and we get our old school zombies back.

wyatt s
01-11-2008, 10:54 PM
no after the line "there is a dead guy walking around" there's a quick cut of what appears to be a zombie that leaps onto a character and cling to their head. It was wicked.

Mr. Bruce
01-11-2008, 10:56 PM
no after the line "there is a dead guy walking around" there's a quick cut of what appears to be a zombie that leaps onto a character and cling to their head. It was wicked.

Yeah he moved quick too I thought the dude on the table moved pretty fast myself as well. Who knows maybe these new zombies have issues with living humans.

wyatt s
01-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, maybe these zombies are just a little pissed off or something...or maybe they've just been eating their Wheaties.

Mr. Bruce
01-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I've watched the trailer like 15 times already this is going to be nice.

wyatt s
01-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah I've been waiting for the trailer for what feels like ages, and now that I've finally seein it I couldn't really be happier.

FooFighters
01-12-2008, 07:39 AM
I just read up on this and watched a few trailers, it looks interesting. I will definitely go see it but I don't know about the whole documentary thing.

Khan
01-12-2008, 08:24 AM

Do you mean the Zombie Survival Guide?

Mr. Bruce
01-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Do you mean the Zombie Survival Guide?

:rolleyes: YES Myers the Zombie Survival Guide I call it the Zombie 101 handbook... BITCHES. :nodsmile:

FooFighters
01-13-2008, 09:37 AM
When does this come out?

Khan
01-13-2008, 09:40 AM
It was out a few years ago.

Mr. Bruce
01-13-2008, 09:59 AM
When does this come out?Feb 15th 2008. Day after Valentines day.

It was out a few years ago.Smartass. :bastard:

FooFighters
01-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Smartass. :bastard:

He was talking about the book.

Khan
01-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Indeed I was.

There is also a novel by Max Brooks called World War Z.

benluvin
01-13-2008, 10:35 AM
One of my friends told me about World War Z just the other day. Sounds like it could be a really good read.

atomic dog
01-13-2008, 10:41 AM
One of my friends told me about World War Z just the other day. Sounds like it could be a really good read.

i read it about a year ago. it takes off right after the zombie survival guide. a great read.

Mr. Bruce
01-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Damn I have never even heard about these zombie novels.

wyatt s
01-13-2008, 07:21 PM
I think the thing I'm happiest about with Diary of The Dead is the fact that it's a true low budget indy affair. It gave Romero the ability to do the film the exact way that he wanted to do it without having to concede to some of the obvious studio interventions of the Land of The Dead. And of course that's a good thing. After having viewed the trailer any number of times now it seems to me that it feels so much more like a Romero movie than land did if you know what I mean...well at least the trailer feels that way.

Khan
01-13-2008, 07:23 PM
I know what you mean. :)

This is the environment in which Romero works best.

wyatt s
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Right, Romero is the kind of filmmaker who should never be tethered, and it felt like he was at least to a certain extent with Land. This on the other hand looks like pure Romero, I'm starting to get really excited about this movie.

Mr. Bruce
01-17-2008, 10:22 AM
OFFICIAL POSTER.

http://a977.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_94695cd370e0624738c6fe1fc5622880.jpg

Chomp_on_this
01-19-2008, 10:52 AM
That poster is hideous.

Khan
01-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Blame Bob and Harvey for that, as they are the distributors.

Chomp_on_this
01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Blame Bob and Harvey for that, as they are the distributors.

Nah, I won't blame them. After all, if it wasn't for them, we may not have even seen a theatrical release for Diary of the Dead.

The poster is just a terrible use of Adobe's Photoshop. Just a total waste of the program's capabilities. Shame...

Khan
01-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Nah, I won't blame them. After all, if it wasn't for them, we may not have even seen a theatrical release for Diary of the Dead.

That is true.

I hope this gets a decent release.

Severed
01-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Does anyone have a link to the real poster? All I see is "Night of the Hotlinker"

Mr. Bruce
01-19-2008, 12:18 PM
OFFICIAL POSTER.

http://a977.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_94695cd370e0624738c6fe1fc5622880.jpg

Does anyone have a link to the real poster? All I see is "Night of the Hotlinker"

My bad I think B-D.com didn't like me stealing there picture.

Severed
01-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey no prob. Jesus, that is a horrible poster.

Mr. Bruce
01-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey no prob. Jesus, that is a horrible poster.

Low budget films equeals low budget poster. ;)

Severed
01-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Low budget films equeals low budget poster. ;)

But low budget doesn't have to mean low quality poster.

Khan
01-19-2008, 01:58 PM
The poster means nothing to me.

Mr. Bruce
01-19-2008, 03:54 PM
The poster is just to show the movie is coming out its not going to make or break a film.

wyatt s
01-19-2008, 04:07 PM
You know what the poster may kind of sucked and as unfortunate as that is it has no bearing on the film at all. Everything else seems absolutely wonderful.

boogeyman87
01-19-2008, 11:06 PM
And here I thought this was the poster...

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1535/diaryofthedeadmoviepostuz4.jpg

And I kinda liked it too. Oh well I suppose.

Chomp_on_this
01-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Yea...that was the one I thought was initially the theatrical poster. I remember seeing that way back during summer. Its slightly better, but not by much.

Goddamn, every time I look at that new one I cringe. Its going to look so amateuristic next to my other Dead posters. Seriously, I could whip up a piece of shit like that in 3 minutes and 42 seconds.

Mr. Bruce
01-20-2008, 05:32 AM
Well I guess the people who made the poster aggreed that it blew cause they made another one.

http://a533.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/107/l_de85dfadc713ab5fbcbbb29a6b342c14.jpg

MUCH BETTER. Although I find it kind of werid that the video camera is picking up a lot of zombies while you can only see like 8 in the picture?

Severed
01-20-2008, 06:24 AM
Damn, I was getting ready to post that. So much better than that last poster.

Khan
01-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Now that is much better.

Mr. Bruce
01-20-2008, 08:19 AM
I haven't done it in a long time but I think ima make this movie an all day event.

wyatt s
01-20-2008, 02:26 PM
http://a533.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/107/l_de85dfadc713ab5fbcbbb29a6b342c14.jpg

That is a much much better poster, and I won't mind owning it at all. It'll look nice to my other Romero movie posters.

MUCH BETTER. Although I find it kind of werid that the video camera is picking up a lot of zombies while you can only see like 8 in the picture?

It looks like the camera is actually facing a slightly different angle than we are looking. So technically the zombies we see in the view screen are coming from a different direction.

Mr. Bruce
01-20-2008, 02:49 PM
That is a much much better poster, and I won't mind owning it at all. It'll look nice to my other Romero movie posters.

It looks like the camera is actually facing a slightly different angle than we are looking. So technically the zombies we see in the view screen are coming from a different direction.

HMMMM... You seem to be correct good eye there Wyatt. I seriousily cant wait for this film. About 3 weeks and a half to go.

wyatt s
01-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how scewed it is but it's definately tilted slightly so that should account for the view not necessarily being the same as what we see in the rest of the poster. Granted it seems like there are more zombies in view than probably should be, but I think it's plausible at least.

and yeah I really can't wait for this movie. I'm a huge Romero fan, he's one of my top five favorite horror directors, and seeing him get back to his more indy roots is just a treat t say the least.

Silverpsycho
01-20-2008, 03:13 PM
The new poster really is awesome, but it is strange that the video camera is picking up far more zombies than there really are.

In the beginning I had so many doubts and truthfully I wasn't all that interested. Maybe in a way, I wanted to see things continue after Land of the Dead but at the same time I didn't. Now I am so psyched to see Diary of the Dead because it's fresh and different. I have hopes that this will be even better than Land but I will try to go in not expecting to be wowed and amazed. I just hope to be entertained...the Romero way. :yeah:

Khan
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I just hope to be entertained...the Romero way. :yeah:

Me too.:nodsmile:

benluvin
01-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I really didn't like Land of the Dead that much, so I hope this one is better than that one.

Khan
01-20-2008, 03:26 PM
That is pretty much a guarantee.

wyatt s
01-20-2008, 03:30 PM
In the beginning I had so many doubts and truthfully I wasn't all that interested. Maybe in a way, I wanted to see things continue after Land of the Dead but at the same time I didn't. Now I am so psyched to see Diary of the Dead because it's fresh and different. I have hopes that this will be even better than Land but I will try to go in not expecting to be wowed and amazed. I just hope to be entertained...the Romero way. :yeah:

I'm kind of the same way. When I first heard about it I didn't really feel like I wanted it. I liked Land of The Dead for the most part but it certainly wasn't at the top of the list of great Romero movies and it just didn't compare to the original trilogy, so the idea of him doing another one so quickly didn't appeal to me. At the same time however I didn't much like the idea of Romero doing a zombie movie outside of the brilliant universe he had already created, but as time has gone by and I've heard and seen more...well now I simply can't wait. I won't go into this looking for a classic by any means, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the movie has the chance of being just that. Frankly I just want to see a ROMERO zombie flick, which I think we only partially got from Land Of The Dead.

Inhumane
01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
http://www.myspace.com/diaryofthedead

HOLY SHIT I AM NOW OFFICIALILY STOKED FOR THIS MOVIE.

BRING IT ON!!!

Roswell
01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Hmm, I'm not so sure how I feel about this film now that I've seen the trailer again. I was psyched for the film before, but now I'm having my doubts.

Oh well. I'll still give my money to see it, cause I know Romero has the power to surprise me like he did with Land (which is still a pretty good zombie film, regardless of studio interference).

Chomp_on_this
01-21-2008, 03:31 PM
The new poster is 348,969,098,598,395,734,987,530,957 times better than the old one.

I will never doubt Romero on a zombie flick. Never. Its not possible. Especially when he has gone back to his roots. He knows the genre too well...hell, he created the genre as far as I'm concerned.

Any fan who has doubts, probably was never a very good fan to begin with.

What I want info on is the soundtrack. Will that live up to the standards of the last three? And these titles are getting absurd. I think the "of the Dead" titles need to be thrown out the window. I was all for Land of the Dead being aptly titled "Dead Reckoning". I dunno, I just feel Romero has more creativity than this.

wyatt s
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Frankly the "of the dead" title was played out by the time Day of The Dead hit so yeah, it would be nice to see something different. However, when it comes to Romero zombie flicks the "of the dead" thing has kind of become a staple of sorts, so I understand the desire to keep using them. It's kind of become a tradition of sorts.

Roswell
01-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Here is the list of theatres that will be showing Diary Of The Dead so far:

NEW YORK CITY
AMC Empire 25
(212) 398-3939
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?exid=amc&house_id=7114

City Cinemas Village East
(212) 529-6998
http://citycinemas.moviefone.com/showtimes/theater.adp?theaterid=922

LOS ANGELES
Landmark Nuart
(310) 281-8223
https://tickets.landmarktheatres.com/Landmark.aspx?TheatreID=209

Mann Chinese (opening 2/22/08)
(323) 464-8111
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=8066

SAN FRANCISCO
Landmark Lumiere
(415) 267-4893
https://tickets.landmarktheatres.com/Landmark.aspx?TheatreID=225

Landmark Shattuck
(510) 464-5980
http://www.landmarktheatres.com/market/SanFranciscoEastBay/ShattuckCinemas.htm

PHILADELPHIA
Landmark Ritz - Bourse
(215) 440-1181
https://tickets.landmarktheatres.com/Landmark.aspx?TheatreID=274

AMC Neshaminy
(215) 722-4AMC
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=5165

AMC Cherry Hill
(856) 486-7420
http://www.fandango.com/amcloewscherryhill24_aaktm/theaterpage

DENVER
Landmark Starz FilmCenter
(303) 820-3456

BOSTON
AMC Boston Commons
(617) 423-5801
http://www.fandango.com/amcloewsbostoncommon19_aapnv/theaterpage

Landmark Kendall Square
(617) 621-1202
https://tickets.landmarktheatres.com/Landmark.aspx?TheatreID=231

DALLAS
AMC Mesquite 30
(972) 724-8000
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=4378

HOUSTON
AMC Gulf Pointe 30
(281) 319-4AMC
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=3833

PHOENIX
Harkins Arizona Mills
(480) 820-0387
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=4523

ATLANTA
Paulson Plaza Theatre
(404) 873-1939

Regal Hollywood 24
(770) 936-8235
http://www.fandango.com/regalhollywood24northi85_aanaz/theaterpage

SEATTLE
Regal Meridian
(206) 622-2434
http://www.fandango.com/seattleregalmeridian16_aabfy/theaterpage

AMC Alderwood 16
(425) 921-2985
http://www.fandango.com/TheaterPage.aspx?tid=AATFT

MIAMI, FL
Brand Dolphin Cinema 19
(305) 591-9380
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?afid=wibsc&house_id=7830

DETROIT
Center Uptown Palladium
(248) 644-3456

SAN DIEGO
AMC Palm Promenade
(858) 558-2AMC
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=6560

LAS VEGAS
Cinemark South Point 16
(702) 260-4061
http://www.cinemark.com/century_showtimes.asp?fandango_id=AATTH

BALTIMORE
Muvico Egyptian 24
(443) 755-8992

PITTSBURGH
AMC Waterfront
(412) 462-6923
http://www.fandango.com/TheaterPage.aspx?tid=AAOSA

CHARLOTTE, NC
ACME Carolina Theatre

atomic dog
01-26-2008, 05:53 AM
i hope it gets a lil wider release but i guess i could drive a lil to see it.

Severed
01-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Here is the list of theatres that will be showing Diary Of The Dead so far:

HOUSTON
AMC Gulf Pointe 30
(281) 319-4AMC
http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=3833

Nice! That theatre is a little ways from me, but I am sure I can drive that far to see the film. Thanks for your help Mark!

benluvin
01-26-2008, 11:38 AM
So it's not going to be a big release movie?

Mr. Bruce
01-26-2008, 12:36 PM
I think they will make it more wider but even if it doesn't i'll drive the extra 15 miles to see this movie.

Revenant
01-26-2008, 12:39 PM
This is horseshit. It aint comin' to my state and now I'll have to wait til DVD. Oh well, UNRATED DVD it is.

Revenant

Khan
01-26-2008, 12:46 PM
No Canadian listings either, but if Hatchet was screened not far from me, it has to come here.

horrornut
01-30-2008, 11:49 AM
It's playing at the Plaza Theatre here in Atlanta on Feb. 15th. We'll check it out. $9 per ticket.

Roswell
02-01-2008, 02:08 PM
More theatres have been added for the following cities:

CHICAGO
ORLANDO
PORTLAND
KANSAS CITY

Here's the full list of theatres for those that haven't seen it yet:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=91388580&blogID=351451744

Severed
02-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Here is a clip. Hope it hasn't already been posted:

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=4456

mr32
02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
I really was sold on this movie, until i seen the trailer. I really didnt like Land of the Dead. But this looks like its going to be good.

Mr. Bruce
02-03-2008, 01:56 AM

Naw I don't think thats been posted against I haven't seen it before any ways... Thanks dude.

Khan
02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Romero is 68 today!

brianandrews
02-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Happy Birthday Big George:bow:

Nexus-x17
02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Like I first said in the screambox, Happy Bithday Mr. Romero. Bless your Zombie loving soul.

atomic dog
02-06-2008, 05:33 PM
romero was on opie and anthony today talking about his new flick and past ones. he said stephen king has a cameo as a voice over/reporter romero gave a great interview and was really happy to see this flick made.

brianandrews
02-06-2008, 05:39 PM

That's nice.

Chomp_on_this
02-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Release date only 4 days away and no indications of a showing in WI. Looks like Romero is gonna break my heart this Valentine's Day.

And WTF...why isn't there a website? I want wallpapers, HD trailer, AIM Icons, stills, and other goodies. All there is is that lame ass MySpace page...I hate that fuckin' page...anything on MySpace takes 9,087,593,745,907,345,908 hours to load on my PC.

Khan
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
They filmed the freaking movie here and no showings!

Mr. Bruce
02-11-2008, 06:37 PM
It is now at http://www.fandango.com/georgea.romerosdiaryofthedead_113608/movietimes go there and put in your area code numbers and check if its in your area.

Roswell
02-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm guessing TWC has held back on the number of showings to see if this film has legs. If it does, then they'll probably expand the showings.

Khan
02-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Hopefully.

Chomp_on_this
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
I hope those legs shamble over to Wisconsin, or I am going to be one pissed off Zombie-fan. This is ri-dic-u-lous.

MichaelJrdnMyrs
02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Final Girl got to go to an early screening. Alas, it doesn't sound too awesome.

http://finalgirl.blogspot.com

Chomp_on_this
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
How does the review end? I felt like strangling her after reading the first paragraph.

atomic dog
02-11-2008, 07:57 PM
she's not happy with it. she's asking for more being that george said this movie would reboot the series or genre. though she did say she liked the blair witch effect. she doesn't like any of the characters. also she says it's not as good without tom savini.

spindrift68
02-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm going to see it Saturday.

HTrooper
09-05-2008, 12:46 AM
So, enough time has gone by, what is everyone's thoughts on this?

The first part was awesome, beautifully done, we got to see the first glimpse of the dead coming back...then it turned into that mummy flic and went south...the deep south.
The POV effect should never ever be used again.

My 2 cents...

wyatt s
09-05-2008, 09:14 AM
With enough having passed I can honestly say I like it. It's not a fantastic film, and it doesn't come anywhere close to the heights of the original trilogy, but I enjoy it more than Land of The Dead and truly believe it feels more like a legitimate ROMERO movie.

Ravenheart
09-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Its okay but its my least favorite of all Romero's zombie movies.

HTrooper
09-06-2008, 05:03 AM
I'll go with Land being my least favorite.
Diary could have been alot better if he just beefed up the story and slowed down on "the point".

A running joke was that the messages behind his first trilogy was an accident, and he ran with that...;)

Lets hope the sequel to Diary will be better...he had time to simmer, but all the signs are pointing for another letdown.

Muse
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Well, I finally got around to seeing this. I've gotta say, Romero should quit with the zombie stuff. He's set his name in stone as a great of the genre, but at this rate, he's gonna end up eroding that right off. Quit while he's ahead. I know most will say Dawn is his best, but imo, they've gradually gotten worse with each film he's done in the genre. The gap between Night, Dawn and Day wasn't much though, they were all great, but Day to Land, then to Diary, moon steps, lagging behind, so much. Land was still cool, enjoyable, but Diary, I'm not even sure what to think. It had it's little qualities, here and there, and I didn't hate it, some stuff was really cool, but overall, it wasn't a great movie. Not one I'll be watching again for a real good while, I imagine.

Khan
10-10-2008, 05:59 PM
He is filming another one here as we speak.

Muse
10-11-2008, 05:11 AM
Yeah, I'd read about him doing another one on here, I think it was. Hmm, not sure what to make of it, after Diary. I hope it will be better, but I don't think I expect it to be.

Twisted Sister
10-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Alrighty, finally watched this last night after purchasing it last week. Excellent movie, I really enjoyed it. I like the Blair Witch filming style. The characters were great, not cheesy. I liked the mix of terror,sadness,comedy..etc. Great flick.

Hallowone
10-12-2008, 05:51 AM
I agree. One of my favorite zombie films

zombie commando
10-13-2008, 03:50 AM
I still have yet to see it. I don't understand how it is supposed to be a documentary but yet is really, really polished looking. I'm just going to wait untill I can catch it on TV or something.

Twisted Sister
10-13-2008, 04:37 AM
I was hesitant due to the hype, but it was very good. Raw, but like you said, polished. The acting wasn't hokey, and it was just a plain fun, good movie.

zombie commando
10-13-2008, 06:21 AM
I was hesitant due to the hype, but it was very good. Raw, but like you said, polished. The acting wasn't hokey, and it was just a plain fun, good movie.I might check it out sooner then. I'll probably just end up buying it before watching it. I'm a looney completist anyways.:yar:

Twisted Sister
10-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Same here :)...my goal is to own most of the zombie movies ever made, with a handful of exceptions ;)

zombie commando
10-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Some stuff I wouldn't mind not owning, but am glad to have anyways. I've got Oasis of the Zombies! That's dedication to the genre right there!

Twisted Sister
10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Like....Children of the Living Dead? Heheh...
Diary is a good addition for the Zombie fan. The special features are neat too.

Brimstone
10-13-2008, 01:52 PM
I know at the beginning of the movie they mention why they put the music,the commentary and such into it but I think it would have been a much better film without all that added in and left it with just the natural sounds.It did start out pretty good but ended up going downhill fast.

Twisted Sister
10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Huh? In Diary of the Dead?

Brimstone
10-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Huh? In Diary of the Dead?

Yeah.Early in the movie the one girl,I forget her name,mentions that she put music into the movie to make it scarier.

Twisted Sister
10-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Oh yeah, sad, I just watched it too.

I liked the music, it was subtle, made it a little more jazzed up, but at least it was quiet, and creepy.

zombie commando
10-14-2008, 05:05 AM
That settles it. I'm picking it up tonight when I go to nab Dead Space for my XBOX. :)

Franchise
10-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Good luck, ZC. I thought it was crap and I can't believe I seriously own it, but that's my own opinion. I'll be interested to know what you think. There's a few creepy things about the movie, but nothing that I'd consider to truly just make the movie.

Twisted Sister
10-14-2008, 05:23 AM
He can just blame me if he hates it, happens all the time, haha. :)

zombie commando
10-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Good luck, ZC. I thought it was crap and I can't believe I seriously own it, but that's my own opinion. I'll be interested to know what you think. There's a few creepy things about the movie, but nothing that I'd consider to truly just make the movie.

I'll letcha know. It was actually sold out at Best Buy and I didn't bother to check anywhere else because time wasn't on my side, but tonight I shall purchase, own, absorb, judge, and report back....

Twisted Sister
10-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Keep an open mind :) Mine's not all there so I stand by that it was a good movie. (Hides in corner)...

MMyers89
10-15-2008, 08:29 AM
I'll letcha know. It was actually sold out at Best Buy and I didn't bother to check anywhere else because time wasn't on my side, but tonight I shall purchase, own, absorb, judge, and report back....

Be prepared to be (most likely) very dissapointed.

Chomp_on_this
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Yea ZC....good luck with this one. I have had shit for luck trying to watch it. Four attempts and I haven't made it halfway through on any of them. None of the characters are even remotely Romero-worthy (in terms of his character development (why is a big breasted blonde bimbo (4 B's) a main character in a Romero flick
?)), the dialog, I cannot even comprehend why Romero would write such drivel...and don't even get me started on that bitch of a main character's monotone narration.

I've been a Romero fan for a good part of my life, and loved ALL his Dead flicks up to this point. It does not feel like a Romero Dead flick whatsoever. It feels like just another crap DTV flick Dimension Extreme rushed out.

Twisted Sister
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
I think I'm outnumbered.
Alright for a ZOMBIE fan, you should just see it and judge for yourself. Haha..of course I'm famous for liking movies others don't, and Romero or no Romero, there has been some real trash for zombie movies lately.

Chomp_on_this
10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
When it comes to Romero...trash should be no where in the vicinity. I want a smart/capable flick that has the ability to stand on its own two feet when the gore/zombies are taken out of the equation. When you look at the root of his films, Romero's Dead flicks have never been about blood and gore...they have been about problems us humans face and how or how we don't face them. Zombies are not the antagonists ... the decisions stupid people make are.

Fuck I'm all for shitty movies, I enjoyed the hell out of the Day of the Dead remake as well as Return on the Living Dead 5: RTTG,...there's just something wrong when the sole person you look up to, who has given such a good name for not only zombie films, but horror films in general, creates something of that caliber. To me, its kind of a let down.

I love my cheeseburgers, but sometimes I gotta have me a steak.

Twisted Sister
10-15-2008, 05:05 PM
I can understand and respect that :). I'm not saying it was his best, or near the top, no way, Jose', but I just didn't think it was bad at all, but to each their own I guess. I personally hated the Day remake, but can appreciate the opinion of those who liked it. :)

zombie commando
10-16-2008, 04:04 AM
I think it did feel like a Romero flick, just not a good Romero flick. Was I disappointed? Not really. I went in with zero expectation for this to be anything remotely good. Romero's always kind of written most of characters to be outlandishly stereotypical. I think it helps the setup for the delivery of those ham fisted social commentaries. It's just in this flick he delivers an 1000 megaton hammer bomb of satire over your brow. It's a vast underestimation of the audience. It didn't feel like a documentary. It felt more like a staged sermon.

I wonder if Romero is a republican. Just kidding....

Not the entire lake was murky though; there are still some good swimming holes. There were some neat little winks and nods to previous dead flicks, like the pokes at running zombies, or the way that the wealthy fortress kind of turned into a tomb like the mall from Dawn. There was the barn from Night, and the soldier from Land. I also thought the Amish dude was a kick, the hospital scene was cool, and there were certain twists and turns that I think would be very chilling in a less polished film, or something that felt more like an actual documentary.

It was really weird watching this and then watching the presidental debate. I'm hoping that George got his old man crankiness about the system out of his system and that his next entry into the zombie genre is more about spooking people rather than some politically charged bitch fest. All in all I wasn't totally disappointed, nor excited about it, but I am glad to own it. Let's face it, this beats the pants off some of the other crapola I install in my DVD library. Here's looking at you Boarding House ;).