PDA

View Full Version : Romero's Dead Series Question..

WhiteZombie
08-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Could sombody please answer my quick question, then close up the thread. What order does Romero's dead series come in. I know dawn, day, and land of the dead are all in there somwhere but from there i know nothing. Thanks

Roswell
08-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Could sombody please answer my quick question, then close up the thread. What order does Romero's dead series come in. I know dawn, day, and land of the dead are all in there somwhere but from there i know nothing. Thanks

It's Night, Dawn, Day, and then finally Land.

Superman
08-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead.

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/

WhiteZombie
08-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys, so the sequels to those movies have nothing to do with the series?...or do Night, Dawn, Day, Land even go togeather?

Roswell
08-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys, so the sequels to those movies have nothing to do with the series?...or do Night, Dawn, Day, Land even go togeather?

They have to do with each other. Each sequel is about the progress of the zombie outbreak since the last film.

WhiteZombie
08-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Questions answered, Thanks man.

MMyers89
08-08-2006, 09:22 PM
But don't confuse the Night remake and the Dawn remake as part of the original series. The original Night is from 1968, the remake from 1990. And the original Dawn is from 1978 or 79 and the remake from 2004.

Superman
08-09-2006, 05:10 AM
The Dawn remake is so much better then the original.:nodsmile:

Roswell
08-09-2006, 08:00 AM

No way. I love the Dawn remake, but the original is still better.

MMyers89
08-09-2006, 11:53 AM

Oh, not even.

Rich
08-17-2006, 01:19 AM
The Dawn remake is so much better then the original.

I disagree entirely. There is something called film making that must be taken under consideration. Romero's masterpiece used the themes of consumerism and materialism which made it more then just a great zombie film, but a great film. The new one had no theses, no plot, no purpose, and marathon running zombies is ludacris.

It's Night, Dawn, Day, and then finally Land.

Essentially you are right, nut there is actually a little more to it then that:

Night of the Living Dead (1968): Romero's first film in his series
Dawn of the Dead (1979): Romero's second film in his series
Zombi 2 (aka Zombie) (1979): Lucio Fulci's unofficial sequel to Romero's Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead (1985): Romero's third film in his series
The Return of the Living Dead (1985): Dan O'Bannon's spoof of Night of the Living Dead
Night of the Living Dead (1990): Tom Savini's remake of Romero's classic
Dawn of the Dead (2004): remake to Romero's masterpiece
Land of the Dead (2005): Romero's fourth film in his series

discvader
08-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Not even close...Dawn of the Dead(1978) = Classic...Dawn of the Dead(2004) = Good horror flick... get it...got it...good...next question? :nodsmile:

Superman
08-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Not even close...Dawn of the Dead(1978) = Classic...Dawn of the Dead(2004) = Good horror flick... get it...got it...good...next question? :nodsmile:
Nope...sorry...well actually, I'm not sorry. The remake is a lot better and that's all there is to it. :nodsmile:

discvader
08-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks Clark...That's the best laugh I've had in a while... Kudos...on a job...done! :roflmao:

Here's the series in a nutshell...Night...Dawn...Day...Land... which are vastly superior to all other zombie movies...is it a fact? No...but it's facts closest cousin...

Have a Nice day... :waving:

Rich
08-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Hell, I think it is a fact. The only zombie film that come close to Romero's is Fulci's Zombi 2. The Dawn remake was a piece of junk.

Muse
09-01-2006, 05:38 PM
As a movie by itself.. the Dawn remake could've been great, but as a remake, it sucked! Too much away from the original...dead people getting up, and people going into a shopping mall are the only things they kept!!!

Imo, remake sucks!

Superman
09-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah..I know..The remake is sooo much better then the original. Very entertaining. :nodsmile:

Slasher Villain
09-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I actually prefer the remake of Dawn too. That's just personal preference though, as I actually prefer running zombies...hence I like 21 Days Later too.

As a classic film though, the original will always win that battle.

I honestly think Dawn 04 is one of the best remakes I've ever seen though.

I don't agree it had no plot...it just had a purposely no frills plot to allow the action to keep pumping and it did.
Yes Romero's had the satire, but as many critics noted the themes of consumerism etc etc are arguably outmoded and it was a good decision to bypass them for a modern reimaging.

thats my opinion anyway

MMyers89
09-03-2006, 10:05 AM
21 Days Later

that would be 28 days later.

Is the Dawn remake a bad movie? Absolutely not. Does it surpass the original Dawn? Absolutely not.

Slasher Villain
09-03-2006, 10:23 AM

Is the Dawn remake a bad movie? Absolutely not. Does it surpass the original Dawn? Absolutely not.

oops, that was quite a major typo lol

No, I agree, it doesn't surpass it as a piece of cinema, but it certainly does no disjustice to it, like some remakes. But, on a personal note, I do actually prefer the 04 version, but I'm never going to say that it is actually a superior film.

Clark Kent
09-03-2006, 10:47 AM

There we go, I agree with that. I like the feel of them living up in the attic part of the mall in the original, in the remake they go wherever they feel like without worries. However, I do prefer running zombies over slow mo' zombies.