PDA

View Full Version : This really needs to stop

NightmareMan84
05-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Well, we can add yet another great horror film to the list of remakes. Which one is it this time? The Return of the Living Dead! That's right, one of the greatest zombie movies of all time is going to get the remake treatment. I found this out at Arrow in the Head. Here's the link: http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=4236

This really pisses me off! I love this movie so much and can't think of any reason for it to be remade other than to make someone money.

Icebreaker_8605
05-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Man, ROTLD is only 2 decades old and they wanna remake it? Yeah, I don't like it either. I think remakes are ok if done right. But I don't see high hopes for this one. Why can't movie companies consider movies much older to remake? I was discussing this with a friend, and they're some good silent movies that ought to get an updated remake.

Bottom line, ROTLD does not need to be remade. :frustrate:

3pidemiC
05-22-2006, 08:46 AM
It'll probably be an awsome Sci-Fi TV movie! WOOOOOO! I can't wait!!!!!!

*sarcasm

zombie commando
05-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't care. As long as it's as cheesy and fun as the first I'm down for it.

Rabbit in Red
05-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Any zommbie carnage is good carnage.

3pidemiC
05-22-2006, 02:44 PM
*Except when it involves robots...or is on the SciFi network.

MMyers89
05-22-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't care. As long as it's as cheesy and fun as the first I'm down for it.

I hope you don't honestly think it'll be like that. It'll be some lame, Hollywood dreck, with too many new characters, and probably barely anything to do with the original film.

EDIT: So, in the interview it says the same gut who did 4 and 5 is remaking it, which means, that no, it won't be Hollywood crap, it'll be STV or Sci-Fi channel original bullshit. Bad characters, bad EFX, or no EFX, (extremely) cheap CGI, laaaaaame characters, HORRIBLE acting and dialogue, lame ass story that probably has nothing to do with the original.

So, I'd rather have Hollywood do it. The DOTD remake was pretty good, and TCM was downright awesome....

zombie commando
05-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I hope you don't honestly think it'll be like that. It'll be some lame, Hollywood dreck, with too many new characters, and probably barely anything to do with the original film.

EDIT: So, in the interview it says the same gut who did 4 and 5 is remaking it, which means, that no, it won't be Hollywood crap, it'll be STV or Sci-Fi channel original bullshit. Bad characters, bad EFX, or no EFX, (extremely) cheap CGI, laaaaaame characters, HORRIBLE acting and dialogue, lame ass story that probably has nothing to do with the original.

So, I'd rather have Hollywood do it. The DOTD remake was pretty good, and TCM was downright awesome....
I hope you don't think the TCM remake was downright awesome.

How does the remake take away from the original? The answer is it doesn't, so why get your panties in a wad? I can understand hating on remakes because of their unoriginality, but hating on them for the simple fact that they are remakes is idiotic. Many of the films people love are remakes....and get this...remakes that outshine the originals. And I'm not hitting on just the horror genre here, rather all movies in total.

People that bash on new movies, that hark on and on how the older one's were so much better, are akin to all those old geesers that still think that the cars they drove back in the day, and the movies they watched, were so much better than the shit out today. Truth is, they aren't. It's mere nostalgia. It takes an objective mind to see that.

MMyers89
05-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Yep, I quite like the TCM remake. All I'm saying is, this probably won't be a good movie. I'm not hating on it because it's a remake, hell, I don't mind remakes at all. I'm just saying, looking at ROTLD 4 and 5, and how most of these STV and/or Sci-Fi channel original movies turn out, this remake will be complete crap.

Bennett Tramer
05-24-2006, 02:58 PM
i'm so tired of Hollywood remaking movies why can't they come up with there own ideas and leave the good movies alone.

3pidemiC
05-24-2006, 06:24 PM
I hope you don't think the TCM remake was downright awesome.

How does the remake take away from the original? The answer is it doesn't, so why get your panties in a wad? I can understand hating on remakes because of their unoriginality, but hating on them for the simple fact that they are remakes is idiotic. Many of the films people love are remakes....and get this...remakes that outshine the originals. And I'm not hitting on just the horror genre here, rather all movies in total.

People that bash on new movies, that hark on and on how the older one's were so much better, are akin to all those old geesers that still think that the cars they drove back in the day, and the movies they watched, were so much better than the shit out today. Truth is, they aren't. It's mere nostalgia. It takes an objective mind to see that.

Well, you can clearly tell that movies today are frabricated to a certain extent to appeal to a certain, younger audience. Movies back in the day didn't do that, films like the original Dawn of the Dead did not worry the movie would be seen as "boring" or "pointless" in the eyes of an ignorant audience. Now take a look at the remake of that film. Clearly, the filmmakers created an action film that would appeal to the most people and make the most money. There is no "substance" to most of the remakes (and horror films) of today. That is why it's great to have a lone few directors (Romero being one) to create films that pack a little more than just a few big explosions....

michael =TERROR
05-25-2006, 06:17 PM
They cant remake this holy crap I am going to die this is almost as bad as when I heard they are remaking day of the dead

zombie commando
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, you can clearly tell that movies today are frabricated to a certain extent to appeal to a certain, younger audience. Movies back in the day didn't do that, films like the original Dawn of the Dead did not worry the movie would be seen as "boring" or "pointless" in the eyes of an ignorant audience. Now take a look at the remake of that film. Clearly, the filmmakers created an action film that would appeal to the most people and make the most money. There is no "substance" to most of the remakes (and horror films) of today. That is why it's great to have a lone few directors (Romero being one) to create films that pack a little more than just a few big explosions....
Nonsense. Horror films have always, with a few exceptions, catered to a younger crowd.

Superman
05-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Cool. Re-makes are cool. I'd go see it.

JCU
05-29-2006, 11:10 PM
After many decades of film production, Hollywood has lost nearly all originality. Granted, there have been some exceptions but not many. Just a few years ago I wondered when we would start seeing movies about comic heroes from DC Comics or Marvel. Low and behold, Spiderman, The Punisher, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc.., have hit the screen with many more to come. Besides comic characters, now it is the "in" thing to do remakes. Some have been good but many have been terrible and turned out to be a disgrace to the original. Besides LOTR, Star Wars and Harry Potter, nothing has been released that I felt I needed to see.

discvader
06-01-2006, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't mind a remake...but not if that same director that did the new ones 4 & 5 is going to be connected to it. Those were some of the worst zombie movies I have ever seen...well, I didn't make it through both movies... so I guess I can't say I've seen them whole...don't think I'm missing much?

I really never thought they would consider remaking this movie...but...apparently every movie is being remade... :crazy:

zombie commando
06-06-2006, 12:44 PM
I guarentee if this hits the theatres ever zombie loving one of you will be in line for tickets. I'm off to see The Omen remake. Later taters.

Turd Ferguson
09-24-2006, 04:22 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if they made the remake PG13 considering how many new horror movies are PG-13

Masked Madman
09-24-2006, 04:24 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if they made the remake PG13 considering how many new horror movies are PG-13
Which would be stupid, because PG-13 horror blows.

Turd Ferguson
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
They do it just so they can make money in the box office from little kiddies, then release an unrated/rated r version on dvd and make more benjamins

zombie commando
09-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Which would be stupid, because PG-13 horror blows.
Yeah....Jaws was such a shitty flick.

Leigh Brackett
09-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Nonsense. Horror films have always, with a few exceptions, catered to a younger crowd.

True. The target demographic(pre-teen/teen) that goes to see films repeatedly is what studios aim for, most specifically horror films. It's a cash cow.

mr32
12-17-2006, 01:40 PM
This is bullshit. i have love for our halloween movie being remade but its going in a different direction i have no problem with that . Damn with a remake u ROTLD by the same man that brought us 4 and 5 the remake might go right to dvd just like 4 and 5.