PDA

View Full Version : HalloweeN Ticket Stubs

Myers63
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM
More often than not, we go to a movie screening and either lose or discard the ticket stub. I used to do that myself, but one day I decided to keep them all(good film or bad) as a sort of a nastalgic keepsake that will certainly NEVER be re-printed or re-issued.

I've posted this in the memorabilia section because I feel it's just that---memorabilia(despite the fact there's no market for selling old movie ticket stubs unlike the market for concert ticket stubs).

I'll start the pics off with my H4 ticket stub from November 5,1988.

MyersFan927
03-29-2006, 10:11 PM
That's a nice keepsake, Josh. I remember you showing it to us on the UHMB. You're lucky to have held on to that momento for so long. Makes me wish I kept my ticket stub for H20 and H:R. Do you remember the H4 theater experience well? My mom saw H1-3 and recalls little - she should've known that her future son would be interested to know these things :p

wallygatorca
03-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Man, I wish I still had mine from the Halloween II and Dead and Buried double feature.

I had it for awhile.

Tossed it when I turned 18 and split from home.

Laow-Z
03-30-2006, 04:15 AM
LOL....$3.50.....I remember those days. Nice find.

myers2004
03-30-2006, 07:33 AM
funny to see that josh as i remember the 3.50 and the maine mall theaters. long gone certainly are the days of 3.50 movies. great keepsake there man.

dave626
03-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Nice to know I'm not the only one who keeps his ticket stubs now. I started late, 2001, but still got Res. (I think) and an original Halloween stub when they showed it in my town on Oct. 2001. Seeing the original on the big screen is a whole new experience. Amazing. Funny you mention 4, since that was the first Halloween I was old enough to see in theatres. By then I was well versed in 1-3 off VHS & cable, and thinking how 3 sucked w/o Michael in it (hey, I was a teenager, now I know better) and was sooo ready for it. Memories.....

LOL

wallygatorca
03-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Laow-Z
LOL....$3.50.....I remember those days. Nice find.

We're lucky here, there's still a theater in town that only costs, coincidentally, $3.50 (a whopping $4.00 if you want to sit in the last 6 rows of rocker chairs).

It's clean, with cheap snacks, and has been there since 1946 and holds 650 people. 3 flicks, 6 showings, back-to-back-to-back everyday. Usually they're movies that are at the end of their theater run.

I take the family there once a month or so.

Around last Halloween, saw Saw II there, and maybe someday I'll rent it for a late showing of Halloween and Halloween II back-to-back during a Halloween weekend.

Myers63
03-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by myers2004
funny to see that josh as i remember the 3.50 and the maine mall theaters. long gone certainly are the days of 3.50 movies. great keepsake there man.

Thanks Scott :)

I can't believe that the Maine Mall/ General Cinemas is now a Church! I saw such great films as Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, H4, and Back To The Future in that theater.

Roswell
03-31-2006, 04:11 AM
Very cool, Josh. I started doing what you did after the remake of Dawn of The Dead came out. It's kind of sad, though, to look at, because it shows I haven't been to the movies as much as I would like to.

OldMyersHouse78
04-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Myers63
More often than not, we go to a movie screening and either lose or discard the ticket stub. I used to do that myself, but one day I decided to keep them all(good film or bad) as a sort of a nastalgic keepsake that will certainly NEVER be re-printed or re-issued.

I've posted this in the memorabilia section because I feel it's just that---memorabilia(despite the fact there's no market for selling old movie ticket stubs unlike the market for concert ticket stubs).

I'll start the pics off with my H4 ticket stub from November 5,1988.

As you have passed that habit onto me. I am glad you think of these things cause it saved my ass for the star wars midnight showing and all movies to follow. I keep them all and make sure they are safe. It has become a hobbie to me. Thanks again Josh for a brilliant idea. YOU ARE THE BEST COLLECTOR OUT THERE AND KEEP COLLECTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D I will always be proud to have known you!!!

boogeyman87
04-01-2006, 10:49 PM
I've been collecting and saving my ticket stubs since '98 I believe. I know they go as far back as The Mask of Zorro and The Matrix.

I'd show you my pristine Resurrection stub but I'm sure you guys can do without.:p

larry-new
04-02-2006, 11:58 AM
How freakin' cool would it be to have an unused ticket from an original '78 showing of Halloween????? Bound to be some out there somewhere....Josh start lookin' :D

MrTaft
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
I have an original Japanese movie ticket stub for "Halloween". :)

Lucifer
04-03-2006, 12:08 AM
I used to do that but then one day i couldnt find them anymore

myers2004
04-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Myers63
Thanks Scott :)

I can't believe that the Maine Mall/ General Cinemas is now a Church! I saw such great films as Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, H4, and Back To The Future in that theater.

i find it funny as hell really what some of the places here in maine and i am sure everywhere have turned into now. rumford went down hill so bad after i left and funny enough they are starting to rebuild now but seeing what is put into some buildings like you said a cinema now a church and so on makes ya laugh. if they only knew some of what was shown in that theater they might not have put a church there lol

yensed
04-03-2006, 09:55 PM
That is Very cool. I would have that in a tiny frame on my wall :p.