PDA

View Full Version : Irwin and Mickey Yablans' Official Halloweenmovie Website Promo

Myers63
03-23-2006, 08:09 PM
I'd posted pics of these at the UHMB...

Here's an officially licensed set of SUPER rare "gold" chocolate coins that were distributed internally at Irwin and Mickey Yablans' original "official" HalloweeN website *www.halloweenmovie.com*.

These 2-sided coins have the Myers art on one side....and the Knife/Pumpkin art on the flip side(along with the www.halloweenmovie.com" web address. around the perimeter.

Although updates were promised, they never came into fruition and the site closed about a year after it had opened. There seemed to be some debate between halloweenmovies.com(the current official site) and halloweenmovie.com I don't really remember the specifics, but I got some truly unique keepsakes from their endeavor! :D

Superman
03-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah...I have always liked the look of those. Thanks once again for showing us something that most of us will never have or see in person. lol

H-Field Hero
03-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Myers63
Although updates were promised, they never came into fruitionAt least one thing has remained consistant over time!

Always good to read these threads Josh! By the way, didn't you eventually sell at least one of your chocolate coins to Gerry? I remember coaxing him to not eat the coin upon receiving it.

larry-new
03-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Cool coins........I dare ya to open it and try the chocolate

Myers63
03-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
At least one thing has remained consistant over time!

Always good to read these threads Josh! By the way, didn't you eventually sell at least one of your chocolate coins to Gerry? I remember coaxing him to not eat the coin upon receiving it.

Yeah Matt...I sold 3 of my original 5 to other boardmembers :)

Myers63
03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by larry-new
Cool coins........I dare ya to open it and try the chocolate

Thanks Larry! Nah.....I can only imagine that it's got a nice white coating by now---coupled with the fact it probably wasn't of Hershey's quality anyways lol :)

H-Field Hero
03-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks Larry! Nah.....I can only imagine that it's got a nice white coating by now---coupled with the fact it probably wasn't of Hershey's quality anyways lol :) After considering the idea of eating them I then realized just how nasty that could potentially be. Weren't these distributed somewhere in the mid-late 90's before Brian Martin and Bruce Diebrek (sp?) started halloweenmovies.com? Thats some old chocolate!

larry-new
03-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Just kiddin'........I wouldn't dream of opening one let alone chomping on chocolate potentially older than some members here;)

Myers63
03-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
After considering the idea of eating them I then realized just how nasty that could potentially be. Weren't these distributed somewhere in the mid-late 90's before Brian Martin and Bruce Diebrek (sp?) started halloweenmovies.com? Thats some old chocolate!

Matt, these were from 1999. The site had opened in conjunction with the THX Anchor Bay release of the same year(you've probably noticed the web URL to the Yablans' site on the back of most H1 Anchor Bay releases through 2000). Brian and Bruce had their HalloweeN site up and running about a year prior to this(give or take).

Myers63
03-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by larry-new
Just kiddin'........I wouldn't dream of opening one let alone chomping on chocolate potentially older than some members here;)

LMFAO...for real man ;) hehehe

I was truly lucky to come across these on eBay when I did. The seller worked closely with the Yablans and was authorized to sell a very select few(the 5 in which I originally had). They came housed within a plain white "drawer" style box(which looked to be something the manufacturer used for distribution) and of which I've kept with my 2 remaining coins.

MyersFan927
03-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Those coins are really cool, but until now I knew so little about them. Thanks for giving us some history, Josh!

MrTaft
03-23-2006, 09:38 PM
I remember just missing out on these to Gerry! Damn! :p

myers2004
03-25-2006, 07:24 AM
very nice to see josh. that is truely something that will be ultra hard to find. i'd still like to have enough of them to let someoen i want a lil revenge on try them just to see what happens. lol

H-Field Hero
03-25-2006, 07:49 AM
(you've probably noticed the web URL to the Yablans' site on the back of most H1 Anchor Bay releases through 2000). The funny thing is that I never noticed this. I've owned the Halloween THX edition since november of 02' and have looked at the back of the cover art many, many times. After reading your post I went and checked and there it was. The only thing I can think of is that my eyes, being so used to reading www.halloweenmovies.com just mistook it for that.