PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster standee

larry-new
03-18-2006, 10:35 AM
First off..I don't own this but saw it on another board and thought you guys might like to see it. Secondly, I did several searches and could not find this but if I'm wrong please lock it or delete it................................Larry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/MyersTall.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/MyersLong.jpg

Laow-Z
03-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Those are sweet. I never saw Halloween sold anywhere around here for $3.99. I'd pick another one up just for the bargin.

Franchise
03-18-2006, 11:37 AM
That's pretty cool.

larry-new
03-18-2006, 11:41 AM
I wish I had those :eek: I'm never lucky enough to be around when video stores have these in and give them away.

Franchise
03-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I was lucky enough to get a Padme Amidala standee when they were going to throw it out at Wal-Mart. I gave it to a friend who still has it in a room in her place.

MyersFan75
03-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Very nice. I love the artwork.

MichaelMyers
03-18-2006, 12:56 PM
That's cool. The only big thing I have from a store is one of those big M&M's.

larry-new
03-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Here is the only one I actually own, A Nightmare on Elm st. video counter display.................Larry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/nightmareelmstministandee.jpg

3pidemiC
03-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm jealous.

Superman
03-18-2006, 06:16 PM
I thoght Matt (H-Field Hero) had one like that or one similar.

MrTaft
03-18-2006, 06:33 PM
I saw those pics on that message board last night, funnily enough! I have both of those and one where Michael's dressed as a ghost, pretending to be Bob. That came out the following year after these two. :)

And that's an awesome NOES display, Larry! I don't think there's stuff like that for the H-movies, except "Resurrection".

Myers63
03-18-2006, 09:18 PM
I missed out on the BlockBuster H1 standees :(

I love them...but I just won't pay the price they've been fetching on eBay lol. The ideal circumstance would've been to have obtained one directly from BB. I never even saw the displays in store.

I have one panel from a 1999 Anchor Bay H1 display--but I wish I had the display in its entirety.

Superman
03-18-2006, 09:20 PM
That's pretty cool Josh. Do know what the rest of it looked like?

Myers63
03-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Superman

Unfortnately no, Clark :( I saw the one panel for bid on eBay a few years back, so I jumped on it. The panel was the only piece of the display that the seller had :(

Myers63
03-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
I saw those pics on that message board last night, funnily enough! I have both of those and one where Michael's dressed as a ghost, pretending to be Bob. That came out the following year after these two. :)

And that's an awesome NOES display, Larry! I don't think there's stuff like that for the H-movies, except "Resurrection".

It most certainly is, Paul! VERY nice!

I never knew that MEDIA had such lavish video store displays. It's crazy that H1 never got anything along the lines of a promo besides the clock I posted...perhaps it's because NOES had all of their films released on their label up to part 5.

MrTaft
03-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Myers63
I have one panel from a 1999 Anchor Bay H1 display--but I wish I had the display in its entirety.

I love it! :D I remember you scanned the top part and posted it on here years ago, but it's good to see the whole thing, even if it is only part of the bigger display. :)

halo thirty one
03-19-2006, 08:48 AM
I used to have those Blockbuster standees. I was stupid though because I put them up outside to decorate for Halloween. They lasted about 3 years before I had to throw them away because of what the weather did to them. Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Originally posted by Myers63
I missed out on the BlockBuster H1 standees :(

I love them...but I just won't pay the price they've been fetching on eBay lol. The ideal circumstance would've been to have obtained one directly from BB. I never even saw the displays in store.

I still have this Anchor bay panel though.

Originally posted by Superman
The rest of the standee was pretty plain, the Halloween panel
just sat on top of it.