PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Rare HalloweeN Atari In-Store Promo Flyer

Myers63
03-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Here's an ULTRA rare, full color flyer that Wizard Video Games released for In-Store use that promoted the Atari/Wizard Video Games HalloweeN game cart.

Now, we've probably all seen the H1 game cartridge fetch upwards of $100 or more by itself on eBay. In fact, it's scored one of the rarest Atari carts of all time.

The game cart with the original instructions included can fetch upwards of $175 or more.

The game cart, complete with the original instructions and the box can fetch upwards of $250 or more.

IMO, this promo flyer must even rarer than the cart,instructions,or box--either separately or any combination of the 3 above game conditions as this flyer was almost certainly never hung at all--or immediately thrown away after the promotion was over.

This one happens to be in Mint and unused condition.....

Chaosboy
03-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Wow!! Now that is Wicked!!

larry-new
03-17-2006, 02:43 AM
Sweet score! Damn I love these sort of super-rare items...lemme know if you find one of those for TCM!!!!
Where did you find this one?................................Larry

Hallowicked
03-17-2006, 02:53 AM
Very nice.

3pidemiC
03-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Wow, that's a very nice score.

myers2004
03-17-2006, 06:38 AM
as simple as it is it is to me one of the nicest collectables out there as you said it is probably more rare then the game and all the rest together. it never stops amazing me how many things there are out there of halloween that i don't remember.

i even thought i had owned just about every atari game and now i certainly will be calling my mother and telling her how upset i am she abused me and didn't buy me a halloween atari game. j/k

MyersFan927
03-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Ah yes, I remember you showing us this a long time ago. Quite definitely an awesome promo flier, as rare as they come. You are the man, Josh.

So what's the Atari game like?

dave626
03-18-2006, 09:19 AM
The game is tough. Starts out easy enough, you can dodge Michael but as you pick up kids/score points he gets faster. Til ultimately he gets you. But it's fun. I have the game on computer, but it's pretty much the same thing.

MyersFan927
03-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Cool, is it something that you can send to other people?

dave626
03-18-2006, 08:54 PM
If it's allowed, I'll post the link

http://www.halloweenflash.com/UPDATES/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=22

If not allowed, delete it and I apologize. They are downloadable zip files you need WinZip or something like that to extract them.
One thing I forgot to mention was how weird this game is, given it's an Atari game and kids play them, but in the game, if you and a kid are in the same room together when Michael appears, he goes after the kid first, which is wrong. Then if he kills you, your headless body spurts blood out your neck and you run around like a chicken w/ it's head cut off.

Kinda graphic for a kid's game. IMO This also has the Texas Chainsaw Massarce Atari game. I've yet to figure it out.

Other games like H2 and H20 are simple, while The Game is hard, I can't beat it, New Beginning and oct31 are hard too. Even a first person play as Michael game, cool stuff.

If all this shameless promotion of another website is wrong, again delete and I apologize. I merely say this to cover my butt. LOL

Myers63
03-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by larry-new
Sweet score! Damn I love these sort of super-rare items...lemme know if you find one of those for TCM!!!!
Where did you find this one?................................Larry

Thanks Larry :)

Actually, the very same seller had offered the promo flyer for TCM as well. In hindsite, I truly should've picked that one up as well(both were at the same starting bid...but I'm first and foremost a HalloweeN fan.

The TCM flyer certainly would've been a nice companion piece however....

MrTaft
03-19-2006, 02:05 AM
I envy the lucky sod who got your second copy of this flyer at the H25 convention, Josh! :(

Myers63
03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
I envy the lucky sod who got your second copy of this flyer at the H25 convention, Josh! :(

Actually Paul, that was simply a color copy of my original ;)

I'd told Tony Masi that, due to it's rarity, that I'd offer a copy for the raffle along with an authentic piece of memorabilia(which ended up being the H20 Vinyl Banner and a MEDIA H1 laserdisc). The idea behind the Atari flyer copy was for another fan to have an opportunity to enjoy a scarce item.

MrTaft
03-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Hmm, I could have sworn you said back then you had two copies that you bought from the guy! lol!

Superman
03-23-2006, 09:40 PM
So what good is a copy to collectors? It would be worth nothing and would not really be an addition to a collection.

larry-new
05-04-2006, 06:15 AM
I hope to have pics up real soon of some more super rare Atari promos for both Halloween and Texas Chainsaw. I picked up from a longtime collector a whole presskit from Wizard Games for Halloween and TCM that includes both flyers and posters. Stay tuned for pics, hopefully today..........................Larry

myers2004
05-04-2006, 08:11 AM
can't wait to see them larry. where do you guys look on e-bay for them? i am finding more places but figured i'd ask on here for better info of places to look. e-bay newbie still. :(

larry-new
05-04-2006, 08:23 AM
I usually just type in halloween atari and see what pops up.....Larry

myers2004
05-04-2006, 08:31 AM
thanks larry. i have been looking and found a bunch of presskits i wanted but can't seem to find where i was.

larry-new
05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Here we go....pics of the Wizard Games presskit that was for TCM and Halloween. It has press release info and copies of instructions, as well as the mini poster and large poster for those video stores in the 80's. This kit came out in '82 and the games did not come out til '83.......................Larry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/100_1633.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/100_1635.jpg

myers2004
05-04-2006, 10:37 AM
awesome pics larry. what a great display piece that could be.

MrTaft
05-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Well, my post appears to have been deleted (?), but I just wanted to say what a fantastic item, Larry. I never saw that on eBay! I'd kill for one of those presskits! :D

MichaelMyers101
05-06-2006, 08:49 AM
These are the types of items that are so rare you don't even know how much to price them for (if you were ever to sale it). Very nice, '63 --

larry-new
05-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks..believe me it wasn't easy prying them loose from the owner...but I kept at it! I had never seen this poster nor this kit before plus with a prototype box....could not pass it up......Larry