PDA

View Full Version : Rare Media Home Video poster/flyer



larry-new
03-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Here is a promotional flyer/poster (size 8.5 x 11) for Media Video's release of Halloween on VHS...never seen this before. The large poster is much more common................Larry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/51979.jpg

Myers63
03-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I've seen the current eBay auction that this is featured in.

A VERY nice piece indeed, but it was barely worth the Fixed Auction Price of $59.95(imo) and then the seller raises it to $75.

The "poster" is clearly in lesser condition than the seller describes--but I'm sure it'll be a nice piece for someone to own as a filler piece.

MrTaft
03-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I also saw that in eBay stores and am beginning to doubt it is anything more than the front of a VHS cover! I mean, 8.5x11"... that's not very big.

larry-new
03-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah...thats where I pulled that pic from. I totally agree with you on the price....Way the hell overpriced. The seller should just list it as a regular auction and see what happens. I just figured you guys might like to see it.....I'd never seen that before and one of my favorite types of collectibles are ones like these.............Larry

larry-new
03-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Paul from the size I'm guessing it may be one of those letter sized flyers that announces video releases...similar to those H3 ones a lot of us picked up recently from that lady on Ebay......Larry

MrTaft
03-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Possibly, Larry. It looks more like the 1981 UK video cover than any US cover, though. Perhaps it hails from there?

larry-new
03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I wish I knew...I've tried emailing the seller on more than one occasion with questions and he/she does not answer....don't know why........Larry

MrTaft
03-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by larry-new
I wish I knew...I've tried emailing the seller on more than one occasion with questions and he/she does not answer....don't know why

Because they're scum - the raising of price proves it. :D

Myers63
03-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
Possibly, Larry. It looks more like the 1981 UK video cover than any US cover, though. Perhaps it hails from there?

Paul, the flyer/poster art matches the U.S. 1979 H1 VHS and Betamax cassettes.....but it'd be nice to know if it's 2-sided like them H3 flyers that Larry-New spoke of.

I guess between the e-mail(s) that Larry sent to the seller and my own "Submit An Offer", the seller must've thought he/or she was sitting on a goldmine and decided to raise the price.

Here's the '79 MEDIA vhs box showing the matching art/colors:

MyersFan927
03-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Speaking of old VHS tapes, Josh, I've been meaning to ask you - is there a U.S. MEDIA/Video Treasures issue from 1994?

Myers63
03-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Speaking of old VHS tapes, Josh, I've been meaning to ask you - is there a U.S. MEDIA/Video Treasures issue from 1994?

There certainly is, Vincent :)

That release ended up being the very last issue that MEDIA(MEDIA/Video Treasures) released in April 1994(and the only stickered label available after Video Treasures came into play). The following year, BlockBuster obtained the rights of distribution through their "BlockBuster Presents" video line. Thankfully, it was the most short-lived distribution license in HalloweeN Home Viideo history LOL.

Here's a pic of the '94 MEDIA/Video Treasures

MrTaft
03-09-2006, 03:12 AM
You're right, Josh - I got them mixed-up! This is the UK one, below. Similar, but not quite! :p

http://i20.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/51/99/b0_1_b.JPG

H-Field Hero
03-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Josh or Paul, wasn't there a pretty schlocky halloween VHS released in the 90's under just the "video treasures" name?

MrTaft
03-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Yeah, Josh would know the exact details. :)

MyersFan927
03-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Myers63
There certainly is, Vincent :)

That release ended up being the very last issue that MEDIA(MEDIA/Video Treasures) released in April 1994(and the only stickered label available after Video Treasures came into play). The following year, BlockBuster obtained the rights of distribution through their "BlockBuster Presents" video line. Thankfully, it was the most short-lived distribution license in HalloweeN Home Viideo history LOL.

Here's a pic of the '94 MEDIA/Video Treasures

Thanks, Josh! The cover seems to be pretty much identical to those from the mid to late 80s, so it might be tough to find the actual '94 issue on Ebay. At least I know it's out there now! :)

Myers63
03-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Thanks, Josh! The cover seems to be pretty much identical to those from the mid to late 80s, so it might be tough to find the actual '94 issue on Ebay. At least I know it's out there now! :)

You're welcome, man!

Over the years, I've been lucky to find 2 of these '94 releases. Unfortunately, the 2nd copy I have was slipped into an '89 MEDIA sleeve that obviously doesn't have both their and Video Treasures logos :(

MrTaft
03-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Ha, someone came in here, saw the thread, and bought the flyer. Guess who? :rolleyes: