PDA

View Full Version : Complaint about Myers toys...

3pidemiC
01-03-2006, 04:53 AM
I have a complaint about all the Michael Myers toys that have been released in the recent years...most of them bear a sad resemblence to our hero. The McFarlane Movie Maniacs (Series 2) figures was a big dissapointment, as was the 18" figure released from them later on. The same case goes with the NECA 18" figure. Sure, the pictures online may look nice, but the actual produce (the mask for the most part) looks like crap. The Sideshow figure also have a very undetailed mask that makes it pretty dissapointing. Oh, and also the 18" doll (w/ sound) bears another crappy resemblence with big, bushy hair and a plain white face. The only item I think it worth giving credit to is the Myers bust from NECA. But all the other ones just can't get the mask right. WHY!? They can get super detailed Jason figure...but not a fricking MYERS MASK! AHH

Laow-Z
01-03-2006, 05:12 AM
The 18" that play's the Halloween theme is AWESOME. That is the closest likeness to H1 & 2 so i can't agree with you there. The others look like crap except for the Myers/Loomis set, he looks good there too, just a smaller version of the 18".

Ultimate Killer
01-03-2006, 06:29 AM
It really bugs the shit outta me that they can't make a professional looking mask. WTF!!!

Pay some pro to make the ultimate mold, once put on the shelve they would make a killing

3pidemiC
01-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Laow-Z
The 18" that play's the Halloween theme is AWESOME. That is the closest likeness to H1 & 2 so i can't agree with you there. The others look like crap except for the Myers/Loomis set, he looks good there too, just a smaller version of the 18".

Meh, the NECA 18" has huge eyes....kinda ruins it.

Rick
01-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 3pidemiC
I have a complaint about all the Michael Myers toys that have been released in the recent years...most of them bear a sad resemblence to our hero. The McFarlane Movie Maniacs (Series 2) figures was a big dissapointment, as was the 18" figure released from them later on. The same case goes with the NECA 18" figure. Sure, the pictures online may look nice, but the actual produce (the mask for the most part) looks like crap. The Sideshow figure also have a very undetailed mask that makes it pretty dissapointing. Oh, and also the 18" doll (w/ sound) bears another crappy resemblence with big, bushy hair and a plain white face. The only item I think it worth giving credit to is the Myers bust from NECA. But all the other ones just can't get the mask right. WHY!? They can get super detailed Jason figure...but not a fricking MYERS MASK! AHH
I have never bought a Myers figure for this very reason.
I would really like one because I'm a big fan of both Jason and Myers. I've got Jason and it looks great but I want a really good looking Myers figure to go with it.
Unfortunately every time I have seen a Myers for sale the mask looks like crap so I never buy it.

myers2004
01-03-2006, 11:02 AM
alot of them don't look perfect but i liked the 18 inch one as well and the one from the loomis myers set. i do agree that it is sad they can get such detail to the others and not michael. even freddy and leatherface get better detail. hell even pinhead has.

MyersFan75
01-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I can't agree with you on NECA's products. They make fantastic pieces - if you see archived photos or the Myers mask or if you've ever seen the picture on which the H4 poster art was based on you'd see that the NECA sculpt is very detailed. The fact is you don't see Myers in Halloween that much, but if you really look, the mask isn't pretty. It's very distorted, very bumpy, and very ghostly. I think my NECA Myers/Loomis set really resembles it.

Myers63
01-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I like the Movie Maniacs 18 inch Myers.

The mask, while not 100% "Kirk" accurate, better resembles the H1 Myers mask as opposed to Sideshow's version. I've never seen the NECA Myers in person(Myers always sells out at my local Spencer's while Jason and Freddy usually make it to the clearance sales).

3pidemiC
01-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Well, at the time...we were originally promised...

This: http://www.spawn.com/toys/movies/mm2/michaelmyers/images/mm2_michaelmyers_photo_01_md.jpg

but noooOOOO!

Laow-Z
01-04-2006, 08:12 PM

This: http://www.spawn.com/toys/movies/mm2/michaelmyers/images/mm2_michaelmyers_photo_01_md.jpg

but noooOOOO!
That one looks pretty cool, wouldn't mind that in an 18" version.

MyersFan75
01-05-2006, 04:35 PM

but noooOOOO!

The 18 inch Myers from NECA just about matches that one, if not surpasses it. Notice the cheeklines and how straight they are. They are brought up like the NECA version. The hair is still kinda bad looking but the eyes are cool.

I'm not dissapointed that it wasn't released - it doesn't seem very diff. to me at all, anyway.

Silverpsycho
01-06-2006, 12:19 AM
I go out and buy all the Myers products regardless of what it looks like because I somewhat like the odd looking ones for some reason. The Sideshow Myers looks like a vintage rag doll, the R.I.P. series doll adds a comical touch to Myers and the bizarre smiling diorama (Myers carrying Annie) is also unique just because it is so strange. Sure, I would love a "spot on" figure of The Shape, but until that day comes, I am extremely happy with my collection. Even the creepy wind-up "fake" Myers from Walgreens is an amusing addition. I guess I just love collecting crap too much :) I do still need to add the wonderful NECA bust into my collection though. I own the Freddy and Jason busts, as I found them mega cheap...but I don't believe I will be that lucky with the Myers one.

3pidemiC
01-06-2006, 03:53 AM
Well, it's not like I'm not collecting these figures just because of the inaccuracies in their look. I still collect them, I still love them...

myers2004
01-06-2006, 12:50 PM
i just wish more of them would get into the spencers here and especially there clearence racks so i could grab them all. maine sucks for collecting withjout e-bay i think.

Stage 3
01-06-2006, 01:38 PM
HEY YOU!!! Leave my doll alone!!! J/K I really like all the accessories of michael myers but right, they do come out deformed sometimes. hey, 3pidemic, i have a question and sorry i am new to this still but what does the number mean under the posts, for example: 2.68 per posts? since i'm on this board, i might as well ask and this is my first time being on an actual message board.

Stage 3
01-06-2006, 01:41 PM
i thought i could ask you since ur name appears a lot in the memorabilia area

3pidemiC
01-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I means...you make about "2.81" posts every day on this board.

MyersFan75
01-07-2006, 09:34 AM
I means...you make about "2.81" posts every day on this board.

Not much of a difference from your 2.61...

Post count doesn't matter, if that's what your trying to imply.

3pidemiC
01-07-2006, 12:37 PM
What? I was just answering her question.

Stage 3
01-09-2006, 07:54 AM
SHE!!!!! HER questions LOL

3pidemiC
01-09-2006, 09:47 AM
OHHH SHEEE! Sorry.

ShadowX81
01-16-2006, 09:42 AM
The one from sideshow was horrible. Its coveralls were way to baggy, and it's face looks like John Cusack

slasher
01-21-2006, 12:13 PM
I think the Neca 18inch Meyers figure looks dead on if you ask me! Its better then the Mcfarelane version and for me its the best out there.

:yar:

Slasher Chick26
02-13-2006, 05:25 PM
I have a complaint, my big sister decided to play exorcist with my MM action figure and the head popped off!!

3pidemiC
02-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Sucks. Hmm...I gotta get that add for my Myers 18" up soon. Hopefully someone will be interested.

shothim6times
02-16-2006, 08:01 PM
I thought the Macfarlane toys were pretty good. I just saw that Myers bust for the first time the other day. It looks pretty cool also.

3pidemiC
02-17-2006, 03:56 AM
Yes, I believe I stated that I actually like the Myers bust. But the Mcfarlane toys and the NECA toys are the same thing. The mask looks a tad off, and the eye holes make him look a tad....dumb.