PDA

View Full Version : Romero talks "Land of the Dead 2"

45 Lampkin Lane
11-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Here is the link for those of you who didn't know:

http://www.moviehole.net/interviews/20051129_exclusive_interview_george_rom.html

zombie commando
12-01-2005, 09:47 AM
I hope the sequel will be more focused on a smaller group of people in a clastraphobic situation; like having them fend off "stenches" from a broke down gasless Dead Reckoning. I also hope Romero doesn't sacrifice as much of the story as he did for LOTD just to push across a snippet of social commentary.

Degenerate
12-02-2005, 04:38 AM
I think the sequal would be made on the island that they escaped to... but who knows...

MMyers89
12-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't really want to see a direct sequel....I'd rather have a new situation...like all the others have been...and I'd rather him wait 10 or so years before making it.

hope the sequel will be more focused on a smaller group of people in a clastraphobic situation; like having them fend off "stenches" from a broke down gasless Dead Reckoning. I also hope Romero doesn't sacrifice as much of the story as he did for LOTD just to push across a snippet of social commentary.

thats true too, I loved Land, but I think that's the one thing that wasn't perfect about it....it didn't flow quite the same as the others....

benluvin
12-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't really care what about the sequel. I didn't think Land of the Dead was that great. I would rather just start a new situation also.

Slapshot
12-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Degenerate
I think the sequal would be made on the island that they escaped to... but who knows...

That was the Day of the Dead remake. In LoTD, they went to Canada.

discvader
12-06-2005, 09:40 AM
"Road of the Dead?" Interesting. The movie is supposed to follow the group to Canada. Oh well, 2 Romero movies in the same decade is alright by me. I don't think he can wait 10 or 20 years anymore cause he ain't getting any younger!

WhiteZombie
12-06-2005, 06:55 PM
i hope so i love his movies, and with all the shit we have to make movies now the gore can be intense which IMO is manditory for zombie movie

Gooch72
01-18-2006, 09:27 PM
If the sequel is as good as LotD was...I'll be extremely pleased.

myers2004
01-19-2006, 10:21 AM
i'd like to see another one but not to sure if i even give a rats behind about the story continueing from this group. i really found this to almost be worse then land of the dead overall and not to sure why but it just didn't flow that well i guess and the social b/s was enough to me for the rest of my life of romero films.

mikey_man
01-23-2006, 09:57 AM
He should make a sequel LotD was amazing well actually the directors cut was and it would be the first one with a direct sequel not a 10,8,20 year gap between them. If he does make a sequel the original cast should be in it espesically big daddy and Tom savini's character but with a bigger role this time.

Lonnie_Elamb
02-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. The more Romero zombie movies the better. I wasn't a HUGE fan of LotD, but I like just about any zombie movie.

michael =TERROR
03-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Lots of people didnt like lotd but I really liked I would like to see a sequel or just another romero zombie movie either is good

Freddy's_Fan
03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Maybe the zombies will finally win?!

3pidemiC
03-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Freddy's_Fan
Maybe the zombies will finally win?!

Um, ever see Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead? I fact, in all the Romero's zombie films, the zombies essentially "win". Especially in those two listed. Although some of the characters survive, they zombies still "win".

ILoveHalloween3
04-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Even though "Land" was not near as good as the original trilogy, it was still leaps & bounds better than some of the more recent zombie flicks. So still for me, 'In Romero I Trust'.

But I heard Romero wanted to turn "Land" into a new trilogy, and as a continous story. Personally I hate this idea. Part of the novelty of the earlier "Dead" films, was that each film had an entirely different group of people fighting off zombies in another part of the nation. I really didn't care for the characters in "Land". So whether they live or die, is not my concern. I mean part of the reason you liked the characters in the other films, was just because they had depth. You rooted for Ben to punch Cooper. You rooted for Ben to stop the zombies. You rooted for Peter to make it out alive in the mall. You rooted for Sarah & John to break free from the grasps of both the military & the zombies.

I didn't have that emotion for ANYONE in "Land". Although it's still an okay film on a horror level, I really really do not want to see ANYONE from that film return. I heard all of this good about Asia Argento, and she was absolutely HORRIBLE in "Land". And you can't turn around and say 'it was the writing', because then you're bashing the man himself.

But either way, whether it's considered "Land 2" or "Dead 5", Romero will make another zombie flick for Universal. "Land" didn't do great at the BO, but it supposedly made a killing in the rental market, and turned a big profit for Universal.

Creepingmouth
04-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I really don't think you heard many people saying Asia is a great actress 'cause in the end her acting skills aren't that good while I'm sure you heard everyone saying she's hot and,as a matter of fact,she is

Originally posted by Ringu
That was the Day of the Dead remake. In LoTD, they went to Canada.

that was Dawn of the Dead remake

Slapshot
04-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
that was Dawn of the Dead remake

Oh oops. Typing error. Thanks for the correction.

Franchise
04-04-2006, 12:16 PM
What erection?

zombie commando
04-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Franchise
What erection?

When I get erections watching zombie flicks they are harder than a sock full of jaw breakers....wooohhhheeeee!

Halloween444
02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
LOTD is my second favorite zombie flick of all time so a sequel to it im all aboard the train if that happen.

JCU
03-04-2007, 06:35 AM
I really don't think you heard many people saying Asia is a great actress 'cause in the end her acting skills aren't that good while I'm sure you heard everyone saying she's hot and,as a matter of fact,she is

Being "hot" has certainly changed since I was growing up. Frankly, I don't see this girl as being hot but I can say she is more attractive that the leading women in the previous zombie films.

Shamrock-Robot
03-05-2007, 04:02 AM
This sounds interesting.

Inhumane
03-05-2007, 11:37 AM
The new Romero film will be called "Diary of the Dead". It should be released sometime late this year or early '08.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diary_of_the_Dead

Khan
03-05-2007, 03:02 PM
When Romero makes a zombie movie, it is good.

WickedDeath
03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
it would be great to see this sequel happen. I would want a better story line thouh and thank god dennis hoppers character died "LOL"

Khan
03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I really liked Simon Baker's character of Riley Denbo in LOTD, and would enjoy seeing him on screen again.

I would also love to see more of the lovely Zombie #9 (Jennifer Baxter), as she is from my hometown of Toronto.:nodsmile:

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Being "hot" has certainly changed since I was growing up. Frankly, I don't see this girl as being hot but I can say she is more attractive that the leading women in the previous zombie films.
No....she's hot no matter what time period you're from. You could be a caveman and still find her gorgous. I'd marry her. I love her. I want her to be my meat trophy. My pp sheath.

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I didnt even like the first one.

Shamrock-Robot
07-21-2007, 11:37 PM
I guess LOTD 2 is canned since the new film is Diary of the Dead, Or maybe LOTD 2 is just on hold, Either way Im glad Romero has another zombie film about to be released.

Khan
07-22-2007, 04:15 AM
Me too.

Rick
07-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Romero did Diary... independantly, but Universal owns (at least part of) Land ... so they'd have to be involved.

Khan
07-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Yep, and Romero doesn't speak too highly of working with a major studio.

Shamrock-Robot
07-23-2007, 01:56 AM
I think if the new Day of the Dead remake does well Universal will call Romero and ask for Road Of The Dead(If thats what its still being called).

Rick
07-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I think I'm in the minority having liked Land of the Dead, but i wouldn't want to see him follow these characters since his previous Zombie flicks haven't followed any previous characters so far.
I've seen a lot of people say that Land sucked for various reasons but I give Universal kudos because without them I really believe we wouldn't have gotten another Romero dead film and if that were the case he probably wouldn't have been able to dig up finanacing for Diary of the Dead.

Shamrock-Robot
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I really liked Land too, And I will agree with you that if Road Of The Dead was ever made I would like to see it follow new characters too.

Khan
07-26-2007, 05:55 AM
Romero is getting up there in age, and his smoking habit doesn't help.

zombie commando
07-26-2007, 06:08 AM
I really liked Land too, And I will agree with you that if Road Of The Dead was ever made I would like to see it follow new characters too.

I'd like to see a new trillogy based on the survivors from Land of the Dead....but it ain't happending....

Shamrock-Robot
07-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Romero is getting up there in age, and his smoking habit doesn't help.

I agree, Sadly we may not get many more films out of the Master.

Khan
07-27-2007, 08:57 AM
He had a health scare last year.

Shamrock-Robot
07-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah I remember that, That was a close call.

Khan
07-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Hopefully he is in good health when I meet him next month.

Shamrock-Robot
07-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Are you meeting him at a convention?, If so which one?

F@@@inlovemyers
10-28-2007, 05:25 PM
the idea of smart zombies is stupid, i hope their is no sequel to land of the dead

Khan
10-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Nope, there won't be.

The Weinstein's picked up the North American distribution rights for Diary Of The Dead, and want a sequel to it.

Captain Mal
10-30-2007, 03:22 AM
I really liked LOTD and would love a sequel to it. Won't happen though. Hopefully Diary will be the balls and we can get a fresh trilogy from George with Diaries 2 and 3.

Mr Nighttime
10-30-2007, 02:46 PM
What I woudl hope for instead of more movies is a mini series that ran all week. They would be reboots of NOTLD, Dawn and Day. Romero would be the head guy of course.

Monday you start with Night...and the last scene of the farmhouse with the bodies burning woudl show the news copter from Dawn flying over head...the next night would show the whole new Dawn story. And as the chopper flies away from the mall, it woudl fly south and eventually pass the army chopper from Day as it sets down in some town...

Woudl also like to see a fake news broadcast caried all day about a zombie onslaught..sort of like thos eold tv shows they used to do that cut into fake tv shows and then ran full time...(oe was abotu a nuke attack and hte other was abotu some alien attack on earth). All day have fake news casts breaking in and then aroudn 8pm or so have "live' broadacasts from reporters onteh scene..that's be interesting and fun I think.

Khan
10-30-2007, 02:48 PM
I really liked LOTD and would love a sequel to it. Won't happen though. Hopefully Diary will be the balls and we can get a fresh trilogy from George with Diaries 2 and 3.

I like the sound of that!