PDA

View Full Version : Favorite type of collectible

larry-new
11-09-2005, 02:37 PM
This is a very diverse group which is great. So many different personalites and types of things they collect. What type of collectible would you say you favor most? Do you like posters, lobby sets, presskits, masks, action figures, props, promos, etc the best? My own personal favorite is presskits. I enjoy the photos that are usually included and the fact that most kits are still affordable. Not that popular to collect. I like masks, but damned if they aren't expensive and you have to worry about them rotting years down the road. Lets here from you guys....................Larry

MyersFan75
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm right with you Larry, can't beat mask collecting!!

:D

myers2004
11-09-2005, 02:50 PM
i wish i could just pin point one item. im trying to have it all but id say really i have collected the movies more then anything else. there are so many though that for myself to pinpoint one i really cant as having seen so many of you guys's collections it just makes me want to collect more and more.

Kara Strode
11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I think I'd have to say figurines, since that's all I have other than posters. I only have 2 currently, and the doll that plays the theme when you press his tummy (the one with bullet holes).

I've never been interested in masks or comic books, though I have a couple of those as well.

larry-new
11-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I forgot about movies.....I must have about 250 DVD titles right now but I'm sure there are people with many, many more than that.
I love posters but at some point you begin to have storage problems and who can afford to frame them all....not counting wall space to display them..........................Larry

myers2004
11-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by larry-new
I forgot about movies.....I must have about 250 DVD titles right now but I'm sure there are people with many, many more than that.
I love posters but at some point you begin to have storage problems and who can afford to frame them all....not counting wall space to display them..........................Larry

thats been my problem that i collect all kinds of posters and my dvds are up over 330 i think last i checked. my figures or dolls which ever anyone wants to say are up to a small size of like 10 to 20 masks of only 3 so far.

Silverpsycho
11-09-2005, 05:14 PM
In terms of collecting, I'd have to say dolls/action figures. I absolutely love stuff by Sideshow, NECA, McFarlane and Sota Toys. Other than that, I love collecting autographs by mail. I know many of mine are secreterial and sometimes autopen or pre-prints, but I still enjoy receiving a success (any form of reply) back from the given address. My latest success being from Geoge P. Wilbur, which appears to be authentic.

I too have a large collection of dvds, but I don't necessarily "collect" them. I only really collect HalloweeN dvds and now Dawn of the Dead 1978 dvds as a completist. All other dvds I buy are just because I have money to waste and I love movies! I tend to go overboard, but if I have money...I prefer to spend it on movies rather than anything else.

Laow-Z
11-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Is this about Horror collecting? Halloween collecting? or collecting in general?

larry-new
11-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Horror collecting in a general sense.....................Larry

Laow-Z
11-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh ok....here's a thread for your horror collection

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3386&highlight=horror+collection

but i don't think i posted there so....... I'm nowhere near you guy's in this. I have a few Jason figures (with a 19" figure on order) a few Michael figures, Leatherface and Freddy also. I just received a framed poster of the Friday the 13th film, with frame and mat it measures 33" x 46"..it's huge!! I have a Halloween one, the same size, frame and mat on order which just shipped. Like most of you, all the Halloween and some "special" ones;) , all Friday's, all Texas Chainsaw and all Nightmare's plus alot of different solo ones. A Few Friday and Texas Chainsaw shot glasses and a few books, Making Friday, Crystal Lake Memories on order, Halloween 4 autographed by Nick, One Good Scare Comic.....well that's probably it for now. Still going to get a nice Myers mask in a shadowbox but i need to research that good and thorough, I do like the nemisis so i'll probably see if i can get that somewhere.

Silverpsycho
11-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Laow-Z
Oh ok....here's a thread for your horror collection

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3386&highlight=horror+collection

but i don't think i posted there so....... I'm nowhere near you guy's in this. I have a few Jason figures (with a 19" figure on order) a few Michael figures, Leatherface and Freddy also. I just received a framed poster of the Friday the 13th film, with frame and mat it measures 33" x 46"..it's huge!! I have a Halloween one, the same size, frame and mat on order which just shipped. Like most of you, all the Halloween and some "special" ones;) , all Friday's, all Texas Chainsaw and all Nightmare's plus alot of different solo ones. A Few Friday and Texas Chainsaw shot glasses and a few books, Making Friday, Crystal Lake Memories on order, Halloween 4 autographed by Nick, One Good Scare Comic.....well that's probably it for now. Still going to get a nice Myers mask in a shadowbox but i need to research that good and thorough, I do like the nemisis so i'll probably see if i can get that somewhere.
This isn't a "list what you have in your horror collection" thread...this is rather a "what do you prefer to collect" type thread. Do you enjoy/prefer hunting down figures or masks more?...etc.

MrTaft
11-09-2005, 07:12 PM
It's lobby cards for me, and promotional items. Props and posters come a close second. I always think figurines, comics, etc can all wait until later because they're much more mass-produced than everything else. ;)

Superman
11-09-2005, 07:16 PM
My Star Wars figures. It's scary how much it has costed me over the years. :eek: Oh the horror!

MyersFan75
11-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Superman
My Star Wars figures. It's scary how much it has costed me over the years. :eek: Oh the horror!

I never knew this, Clark.

You should post some pics!!

:)

Superman
11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
I never knew this, Clark.

You should post some pics!!

:) Maybe when I get a new comp..if I ever get a new one. I have so many that I am running out of room to display them. I do not open them so they take up more room.

Horror_Fan
11-10-2005, 10:39 AM
i would have to go with figures

Jeanette
11-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Since I have the most of them dvd's and for a 2nd choice shot glasses. I have 2 Halloween, and 1 Scream 2.

myers2004
11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
would love to see the pics sometime superman as a friend of mine is a huge collector also of them. im going to try and get up to his house and take some pics to display sometime soon. he has a whole room and a half at least of just stuff all displayed in his house. its like being ina museum.

Horror Kitten
11-18-2005, 05:01 PM
I like figures best.

I have gotten some other things, just because there Halloween, like Comic books and such.

But my favorite is definitely figures :)

Laow-Z
06-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Thought i'd bring this back with all the new members and all....posting favorite collectables (doesn't have to be horror)...still updating my shot glass collection, geez i'm going to need a huge curio when i finally move.

Wheatjedi
06-14-2006, 05:33 PM
I prefer promotional material like one sheets and press kits.

stnthmn
06-14-2006, 08:19 PM
I collect anything halloween. I own just about everything I can find. If I have to choose a favorite Halloween item to collect it would be my Michael Myers statues/figurines. Whenever someone comes over they just look and says 'Wow, you have a friggin Michael Myers statue on your shelf.
If you are talking about horror stuff in general then it would be DVD's/figures. I am a HUGE Halloween/horror collector so it is really hard to decide a favorite kind of collectable.
I also enjoy collecting the new Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface comics. There aren't that many issues out but the varient covers are awsome to hunt down. Of course I like my Halloween comics the best.

chad wilsey wis
07-04-2006, 11:59 PM
i like to collectHALLOWEEN and any horror character i grew up watching and for those who are starters for collecting there is no srea to start in buy,buy,buy and look for the best deals ..i just look for stuff that looks good ..i colud have bought a ton of stuff but i got stuff that looks like the character ..good detailed comic drawings..ect..i guess im a little specific in that area ..but thats my collection its fun to do but the weird thing that gets me is we all have something someone else dosent have ..huh

myers2004
07-05-2006, 05:20 AM
incredible collection there laow-z. how long have you been collecting them?