PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 3 video promo?

larry-new
11-08-2005, 05:58 AM
Just won this promo poster. The size is 8.5 x 11 so I'm guessing based on the size and the Viacom name that this is a video promo probably sent to video stores....still pretty cool...........Larry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/50_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/2a_1.jpg

MyersFan927
11-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Larry, way to go, I love it! Never seen one of those before, and my guess is that it's probably be rare. The two things I like about it are a) it's a promo (:D) and b) it features a large portion of grass that is to our left of the trick-or-treaters. Quite often, such as in video covers and posters, this is cut off to isolate just the three children. The Goodtimes products feature the *right*, in which the grass has a steep incline. Am I dorky or what? It makes me wish I could have the full painted (or however it was made) image.

Larry, if you ever wanna sell that thing, lemme know! ;)

larry-new
11-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks...you'll be the first :) I really like finding these oddball promo items. The onesheets are a dime a dozen. To me finding any original H3 memorabilia is the hardest of the series to find. When was the last time you saw a presskit for this movie for sale? ...........................Larry

MyersFan927
11-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Never! No one here owns a copy to the best of my knowledge, not even Josh (Myers63).

larry-new
11-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Damn...I'll never find one then. I remember eyeballing a set of presskit stills a year or so ago on Ebay and not buying at the time and ended up missing out...................... :(

MrTaft
11-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Larry, I tried to bid on that item yesterday but some baloney came up about shipping. At least it went to you, a dedicated fan! I was trying to look at the Viacom production offices listed on the bottom to see what origin this promo card is from. Can you see what cities are mentioned there? I was thinking this might be from Canada or somewhere because I've never heard of Viacom having anything to do with the series, least of all H3 which was a Universal pic.

Anyway, cool! :D

MrTaft
11-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by larry-new
Damn...I'll never find one then. I remember eyeballing a set of presskit stills a year or so ago on Ebay and not buying at the time and ended up missing out

Ahem... How soon you all seem to forget, gentlemen...! ;)

From my collection list:

Italian Two-Sheet
Mexican Lobby Poster Set
US Lobby Card Set
French Lobby Card Set
US MCA Presskit
Australian Roadshow Press Sheet
British Thorn/EMI Pressbook
French Pressbook
US Colour 8x10 Still Set
British Press Still

The only problem is I don't have the folder that it all came in, and am missing I would guess about half of the stills. :)

larry-new
11-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I can't make out the details either Paul. As soon as I get it I will post a better picture. Viacom, if memory serves, may have been involved in syndicating movies for television viewing. So it may be a tv promo of some sort. Anyways we'll know soon enough.
I knew you had a slew of H3 items...that presskit is elusive though!

Paul...do you know if there were any British FOH still sets issued for H1 thru H3?

MrTaft
11-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Paul...do you know if there were any British FOH still sets issued for H1 thru H3?

Yes, yes there were, Larry. You of course have some of the H1 stills, I now have the H2 set and Vincent has two of the H3 stills! ;)

larry-new
11-08-2005, 07:49 PM
I mean any color stills...similar to the 8x10 lobby sets here. I have some British b&w stills but no color ones. I'd love to see a pic of that H2 set!!!!!!!

MyersFan927
11-08-2005, 08:36 PM
I had no idea you own the MCA kit, Paul! You must take a picture; I am impressed.

Yeah, we'll probably get to know more when the item arrives. Congrats again, Larry, and keep us posted ;)

MrTaft
11-08-2005, 09:08 PM
I mean any color stills...similar to the 8x10 lobby sets here. I have some British b&w stills but no color ones. I'd love to see a pic of that H2 set!!!!!!!

The H2 and H3 ones are colour. There were of course single stills (not in sets) that were released in B&W, but I have never seen colour H1 stills from the UK. They probably didn't have any.