PDA

View Full Version : Notld 3d

MMyers89
11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.nightofthelivingdead3d.com/

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5013

"With all the remake fervor in recent years, few announcements surprise us when it comes to Hollywood reduxes. But would you believe that NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD is not only being done again, but has already wrapped! And here’s the catch: This time the zombies will be comin’ at you in three dimensions! FANGORIA has learned that Midnight Movies Entertainment and Lux Digital Pictures GmbH are in the final stages of postproduction on NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D, a new motion picture inspired by the 1968 George A. Romero classic. Exploiting the film’s reputed public-domain status and the recent explosion in zombie flicks, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D shot in and around locations in Los Angeles last summer under the direction of Jeff Broadstreet, helmer of the indie films SEXBOMB and DR. RAGE. Robert Valding penned the update, which reportedly uses the original film more as a jumping-off point than 1990’s faithful Tom Savini-directed version.

“We are re-imagining Romero’s film, but we are remaining faithful at the same time,” Broadstreet tells Fango. “Robert Valding wrote a very clever script, and we tried to comment on society now the way the 1968 film commented on its own time.”

Cast-wise, the most familiar name in the credits is Captain Spaulding himself, Sid (THE DEVIL’S REJECTS) Haig, who also faces ghouls in the upcoming HOUSE OF THE DEAD II: DEAD AIM. Haig toplines as new character Gerald Tovar Jr., a pyrophobic mortician who harbors a dark secret in the film. Brianna (ENTOURAGE) Brown plays the female lead (called “Barb” this time), newcomer Joshua DesRoches is Ben, Greg (TOOLBOX MURDERS) Travis is “Henry” Cooper and Ken (DR. RAGE) Ward essays Johnny. Another DR. RAGE vet, Robert (DRAGON FIGHTER) DiTillio, appears as a priest in the new movie’s early moments who winds up as zombie chow. Fresh from ghoul duties on Tobe Hooper’s MORTUARY, Dean and Starr Jones and their American Makeup & Effects company handled the undead legions.

Broadstreet lensed the new NIGHT in the Natural Vision 3D® process by Dimension 3 and used a lightweight HD3Cam camera system designed by Daniel Symmes, which allowed for extensive handheld and Steadicam filming, a first for 3-D features. Theatrical release plans are still being firmed for NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D; however, Midnight Movies expects the film to debut in U.S. theaters in January 2006. For more on the remake and to view a trailer, visit the official website here or here. A 3-D gallery will be added to the site in coming weeks.

“We are very happy with NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D,” Broadstreet says. “Right now we are working on the music, sound work and the CG visual effects shots. The 3-D turned out really well. There is some very cool 3-D in this movie, and it’s not very gimmicky. Dean and Starr Jones did a good job on the special makeup effects. We had a lot of zombie extras on this movie, and Sid Haig is very memorable in a role that we wrote just for him. I got my first choice!” Watch for an exclusive set visit to NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 3D in the pages of FANGORIA early next year. —Tony Timpone"

So what do you guys think of this?

halo thirty one
11-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Wow, this seems to have come from out of nowhere. I watched the trailer, it didn't look too awful.

Silverpsycho
11-05-2005, 06:55 PM
After watching the trailer...I am somewhat up in the air about the whole thing. The idea of making the film into 3D is definitely exciting, but the film itself appears to be somewhat cheesy and a mega downgrade from Savini's '90 remake of Night. I will definitely see it when it comes out though. What can I say?...I love 3D stuff, no matter what it is.

MMyers89
11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by halo thirty one
Wow, this seems to have come from out of nowhere. I watched the trailer, it didn't look too awful.

Yeah, I didn't get to watch the trailer due to loading problems, but the site and the story that I read seemed to have a good look and feel about it. I'm not really like excited to see this, but it could be ok.

Chomp_on_this
11-06-2005, 06:52 PM
I don't know guys, the scene in the trailer that I thought was pretty lame was the "coming for you barb" message on her cellphone.

I wish people would stop exploiting Romero's copyright problems with NOTLD and other films...whether it be DVDs or remaking the films themselves. Its just poor judgement and I bet Romero gets tired of it. He has lost how many co-workers/friends due to his copyright problems...its a true shame.

Silverpsycho
11-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I don't know guys, the scene in the trailer that I thought was pretty lame was the "coming for you barb" message on her cellphone.
I too thought that was pretty silly. I just started laughing at that moment. I guess the living dead know how to use cell phones. :D

Hall9ween
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
The film was all looking like a fun 3D version of the classic film, with maybe a bit of atmosphere to boot.

However, then I saw these pictures on it's official site..
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/BiggyMoD/crappy.jpg
Now I'm not so sure, looks too "typical straight to video horror" now.

Oh, and the movie has come so out of the blue that it's not even listed on IMDB.

ADDED --> Oh, and the "Coming to get you Barb" SMS message was way too cheesy, and sort of seemed out of place. The whole idea of the farmhouse was isloation, and the fact that she has a cellphone takes away that feeling (maybe even though the world is actually starting to be taken over by the living dead).

complete
11-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I think this film looks pretty good. And the text message was corny, but it made me laugh! :)

Buffy
02-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Is anyone going to see this? I just saw its being released in theatres on March 17. Haven't seen a 3D movie since Jaws 3.

BEHIND THE MASK
02-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I may see this... The cell phone message may be corny but it gets a chuckle from me... I wonder if they'll give an explanation for the zombie invasion, I hope not... I bet Tom Savini's remake is still gonna be better then this.

MMyers89
02-12-2006, 01:32 PM
I just hope it gets a 3D release on DVD, because it most likely won't play in many theaters.

Nightmareman88
03-15-2006, 11:52 AM
My expectations on this film are very low and the only reason why I'm gonna end up seeing it, is because of two reasons.

1. Its in 3D.

2. Sid Haig.

myers2004
03-16-2006, 08:03 AM
seeing sid was enough for me to want to watch it. darn trailer wouldn't load but still from the site it looks well worth it to me.

michael =TERROR
03-26-2006, 03:08 PM
I will probably see this even though I dont think they should be remaking another one

Freddy's_Fan
03-31-2006, 10:12 AM
It should come with free zombie 3D glasses on DVD release, this will definetly be bottom of the list of the other NOTLD's but then again it's the first 3D zombie movie! (i think)

atomic dog
08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
so as i saw sid today he was wearing a shirt with this movie on it. so i ask him when is it coming out. he says 11/10/2006.

MMyers89
08-26-2006, 09:23 PM
so as i saw sid today he was wearing a shirt with this movie on it. so i ask him when is it coming out. he says 11/10/2006.

Thats cool, where did you see Sid Haig? That isn't a person you just see everyday is it, because that would be cool... haha.

Roswell
08-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Thats cool, where did you see Sid Haig? That isn't a person you just see everyday is it, because that would be cool... haha.

He went to a convention, I believe.

atomic dog
08-27-2006, 06:43 AM
yes i saw him at monster mania yesterday.

NightmareMan84
09-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Dread Central posted the first review for this movie and it doesn't sound too good. Here it is: http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=Reviews&req=showcontent&id=1071

Rich
09-11-2006, 12:06 AM
I don't know about this movie. I think it looks like shit. If it weren't for the fact that it is in 3-D I would have no interest in it at all. I do think it would be cool to actually see zombies reaching for the audience with the 3-D effects.

MMyers89
09-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Dread Central posted the first review for this movie and it doesn't sound too good. Here it is: http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=Reviews&req=showcontent&id=1071

Good grief, it sounds like they turned it into some lame comedy spoof.

Rich
09-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Bad reviews do not suprise me. Think about it. How good can it be? The 3-D thing is the ONLY thing it has going for it.

horrornut
09-13-2006, 01:26 PM
I saw the world premiere of the new version of NOTLD this past Friday night in LA. The entire cast was present for Q&A. I won't waste much space commenting on the flix except to say the majority of the acting was really bad. 99% of this movie was filmed at night and the dark 3D scenes were very hard to see. We saw it with polarized 3D glasses but when it's released in theatres you are going to have to view it with the ole red/green glasses. It's not going to look as good. We paid $12 per ticket to see it but if I had it to do again it wouldn't happen!!! I'll just stick with the original NOTLD. The writer did take a new twist with the plot but I won't ruin it for those of you who want to see it.
I thought the plot change was the best part of the new movie.

horrornut
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
As a follow-up to my last post, I forgot to mention that while standing in line waiting to get in to the screening, Sid Haig was walking down the line talking to the fans. He stopped by us, asked how we were doing and if we were having fun at the 3D Festival. A really nice guy. And out of all the actors on this remake of NOTLD, Sid was way above the rest. He really made the movie watchable.

NightmareMan84
09-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Bad reviews do not suprise me. Think about it. How good can it be? The 3-D thing is the ONLY thing it has going for it.

That's true, but I wish it didn't have to be that way. It looks like it'll just have the same fate as Jaws 3-D, which is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen, but maybe it was cool when it was in theatres. Also, in the trailer it shows a clip of the character Barb getting a text message that says "They're coming to get you Barbara!" I'm glad they kept the line, but did they have to put it in that way? Talk about lame.

Muse
09-15-2006, 02:13 PM
to me.. i must say this movie looks like one of the worst ive ever heard of!!!!

OMFG! Why re-make it AGAIN just to put it in 3d???

Come up with your own ideas and 3d-ise them bitch, dont ruin more classics for the fans!!! tutut, they make me so angry!!! :p

atomic dog
11-11-2006, 06:02 AM
i thoguht i would give this a shot. hey it's a zombie flick with sid in it, but i can't find this anywhere. i'm guessing a limited release. netflix is in order.

SLAB
11-11-2006, 09:36 AM
It opens here next friday, and the trailer I saw made me think it will be very bad. Still, it's in 3D, and that's what's selling me the most. :p

HiddenDragon
11-11-2006, 10:17 AM

I was wondering if I should go see this movie, and after reading that review I know I'm not.

A. Remin' D.
11-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Damn it, that trailer looks like crap. That cell phone message was also very corny. As someone mentioned earlier, the use of cell phones really will take away the sense of isolation.

NightmareMan84
11-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Fangoria just posted a review and it's also VERY negative. Of course I'm not really surprised. Here's the review: http://fangoria.com/ghastly_review.php

Halloween444
11-15-2006, 09:29 AM
The film was nothing compare to Tom Savini remake but i still enjoy the film for somes reasons...

atomic dog
11-15-2006, 03:05 PM
i wish i could see it but i can't even find it in my area.

mr32
12-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah i want to see it guess i wait til it comes out on dvd.

Khan
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM
This movie is a cinematic abomination.

atomic dog
03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
is there a release date for the dvd?

Halloween444
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
is there a release date for the dvd?

Damn I Saw the Film Opening Night with my little brother on last year november 10 2006 at midnight and I must say it's been a long time since i wanted to add this film in my collection I Still got the 3-d glasses of me my brother and all the dumbass who dropped them on the floor after the screening :bastard:

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Has anybody else seen this? I heard it was pure shite.

horrornut
04-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Has anybody else seen this? I heard it was pure shite.
Yes I've seen it. It's bad but not THAT bad.

atomic dog
04-20-2007, 08:06 AM
i'm hoping at least to rent this if it ever comes out.

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:16 AM
I might give it a view, if i can find it.

discvader
06-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Has this movie come out on DVD yet, or is there a release date? Has anyone SEEN(the movie) it?

Khan
06-15-2007, 07:15 AM
I haven't heard news about it in a while.

Rich
06-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Lets hope every last print and negotive was destroyed and that there is no possible way it could ever come out on dvd. I think I need another remake of Night of the Living Dead just as much as I need the 30th Anniversary Edition. :crazy:

Khan
06-17-2007, 06:19 AM
I refuse to watch the 30th Anniversary edition.

Rich
06-17-2007, 09:48 AM
I have seen the 30th Anniversary Edition. I bought it once not knowing what I was. I figured it was just like any other anniversary edition of a movie, not knowing it was all changed up. It became a coster.

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:11 PM
I still haven't got to see NOTLD 3d. I don't have high hopes for it.

Khan
07-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Not even Sid Haig could save it with the changes they made to the story.

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Not even Sid Haig could save it with the changes they made to the story.

That is what I have heard It didn't play anywhere I was. so unless the televise it or put it on DVD. I guess I will never see it.

Khan
07-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I remember hearing about it a year ago and then no more news.

horrornut
07-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Last September I attended the world premiere of this at the Egyptian Theatre out in Hollywood. What we saw was a DIGITAL 3D presentation. Believe me, nothing could help that flick. I did get to meet and talk to Sid though. Nice guy.

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 02:54 AM
Could someone tell me exactly what 3d is about, Is it like the original and remake of NOTLD as far as the plot?

Khan
07-29-2007, 06:21 AM
The reason for the zombies existing is completely explained, and just about everything else is changed.

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 07:11 AM
No farmhouse, Or Ben or Barbara?

Michaeleon
08-04-2007, 12:43 PM
No farmhouse, Or Ben or Barbara?
All three are present... in some shape or form.

I seen this last night and was astonished on how bad it truly was. The beginning transition from the original film and the new one was neat. However, the tongue and cheek references during the film went on the brink of nausea.

Gerald, Sid Haig's character, bothered me most of all. One scene in particular, Barbara sets his zombified dad on fire. Gerald just sits there making no attempt to swat out that SMALL flame on his Dad's hand. Instead he just stands there with his mouth agape, oh noes! Meanwhile, Barbara escapes and his Dad is eventually engulfed in flames.
Another scene Gerald tries to feed Barbara to zombies, his resurrected ones. He was unbelievably careless. Wouldn't he know how dangerous the "resurrected" were? He was shoved into a group of zombies by the petite, hand tied Barbara. Unless Gerald was drugged up or drunk, that shove was lame.
Of course, someone can argue that Gerald seen himself as their savior. He falsely assumed immunity. Whatever, he would still have to be dense to believe that. They were attacking him since the beginning.
The ending seemed really forced. It was like, well, let's end this now. Kill the rest and cut to credits.

Khan
08-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Ben is white in this movie.

George has said that he picked Duane Jones because he was the best for the part, but I bet he knew of the social importance of his casting decision.

Shamrock-Robot
08-05-2007, 10:34 AM
This movie sounds bad.

MMyers89
06-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Watched this tonight. Overall it was fairly bad. I did have fun watching it though. Some of the zombies looked cool, some of the outdoor nightshots had some good atmosphere going, but other than that, is was only so-so, and sometimes just stupid.