PDA

View Full Version : Halloween CD

dave626
11-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I came up with an idea on Halloween to take all 8 Halloween films and create a "greatest hits" so to speak. Keep in mind, I'm not gonna sell them or anything, so don't worry about that, I just wanted to share my idea and perhaps give you all ideas to do the same.

Here's the track listing in order of movies :

Halloween

1. Halloween 1 - Main Title
2. Laurie's Theme
3. Myers House
4. The Shape Stalks

Halloween 2

5. Halloween 2 - Main Title
6. Laurie's Theme 2
7. Michael's Sister (Myers House 2)
8. Mr. Sandman - Chordettes

Halloween 3

9. Halloween 3 - Main Title
10. Silver Shamrock (announcer Tommy Lee Wallace)

Halloween 4

11. Halloween 4 - Main Title
12. Return of the Shape
13. Downstairs Alone
14. Myers Finale 4

Halloween 5

15. Halloween 5 - Main Title
16. Myers Finale 5

Halloween 6

17. Jamie's Escape (Halloween 6 - Main Theme)
18. Empty Stomach (Laurie's Theme)
19. Kara Returns (Myers House Theme)

Halloween H20

20. Halloween H20 - Main Title

Halloween Resurrection

21. Halloween Resurrection Main Title

The running time is 1:14:52 (aka app. 74 mins.) just enough to fit on a CD-R. Also, using Win. Media Player 10 to "rip" them from all 8 CDs takes up 69.15 mb of hard drive space.

And before anyone says anything, yes, I know I have too much time on my hands, but it was Halloween, what else could I do? I just thought this was something neat I could share whether this is the right place to post this or not.

Opinions?

MyersFan927
11-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a fun project. I introduced the idea a long time ago but didn't really complete it. Basically, I just asked for opinions as to what deserves to make way on a "greatest hits" compliaton CD.

I would eliminate Mr. Sandman because it isn't part of the original soundtrack music - just added in by John Carpenter for good measure. Know what I mean? Also, I'd add Chariots of Pumpkins for H3, which is acclaimed by many as one of the top tracks for that movie. Otherwise, I'd say your choices are quite impressive. Can you think of anything else for the H20 portion? If not, don't sweat it.

myers2004
11-03-2005, 12:30 PM
i love the idea as im tryin to get them all and then do the same and i totally agree on the part of chariots of pumpkins that one rocks. i am going to also add in the two technoversions into myine even thought they are not really a part of the series.

dave626
11-03-2005, 09:05 PM
I really don't like H20's score except for a few snippets like Norma's Psycho car reference them and Laurie beheading Michael and it going into the *real* Halloween music. But not enough to add the complete tracks. I forgot about Chariot of pumpkins, I'll have to relisten to the CD.

I considered the 2 techno versions, but since they aren't official, aren't in any of the films, I didn't add them. I didn't even put any of the H1 20th Ann. CD tracks the talking is cool, but takes away from the music somewhat.

Thanks for the input.

Thomas Jay
11-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Is there a CD with the impressive "Halloween theme version" of the ending of Halloween 4 (the music when Jamie is standing there with the knife) and the introduction of H20 (with or without Loomis' voice over)?
Is there a place besides eBay to get things like that for a good price and uncut movies and crazy merch and so on?

H-Field Hero
11-10-2005, 03:52 PM
and you could certainly add 6 minutes of extra tracks on there. Not sure why you're using 74 minute CD's as oppose to 80 min.

dave626
11-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Well, this is my own version of Best of....I didn't want to water it down with IMO lesser liked tracks. I wanted 80 mins. on most CDs, but if it's all you can come up with....

Look at it this way....

There were 2 things I ran into on this pet project. 1. was repetitiveness, especially on the original. I love it, but the same tracks (chase scenes/stalk, the main theme and Myers house stuff. Then 3, I only liked the opening and Shamrock, soundwise. Chariot of Pumpkins was suggested here, but I have yet time to listen and decide. So that's 3+ mins right there or so. But most of 3 isn't that good.

Then you have 5, which is half lyrics half score, so not much to work with there with or w/o repetitiveness. Then H20, I just didn't care for it at all, aside from the opening. Too complex and operatic. I prefer 1-4, 6 & 8's style, which is distinctive in it's themes and such. Can't beat simplicity. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Notice too I left alor of Res. out because though I liked it, most tracks had no recurring theme like the main theme, Laurie, Myers House, etc. it was always an amalgam of different "sets" scenes.

So that was my reasoning.

Horror_Fan
11-16-2005, 03:13 PM
sounds fantastic, i used to have the original soundtrack to halloween 1, it was great.

Michou80
12-10-2005, 05:11 AM
If anyone is interested, i am selling my original Halloween soundtrack on Amazon. I am from Canada but will deliver through USA and other countries too.

My nickname is michparadis80

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/B00000C2CJ/all/701-8370301-8960326

:)

HalloweenEve
12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Halloween 2 and 6 soundtracks are my fav.