PDA

View Full Version : Cool Myers "unlicensed" wind-up walker



larry-new
10-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Was strolling thru my local Walgreens (drug store) and checking out the Halloween items and found this really cool wind-up walker. No names on these but judge for yourself....who is it supposed to be? Sure looks like Micheal Myers to me. Best part is that it was only a buck......................................Larry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/knewby/100_1409.jpg

Johnathon
10-10-2005, 02:34 PM
I posted something about that in the Halloween Collection Room. I bought that same pumpkin too at Walgreens. Though, I did a little artowork on my Michael Myers toy. I colored the red part of his shirt black, and but some red on his knife just to make him look more like Michael. That Michael only costed me a dollar. Here's my pic of it.

Superman
10-10-2005, 04:42 PM
That's very cool looking. I guess I'll be visiting one of the many Walgreen's in my city tomorrow. Thanks for the update. :)

MyersFan75
10-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Maybe this thread will slide, but I strongly remember Mike posting a new rule stating that there will be no "bootleg" talk or piracy of any kind on the board. Maybe it was only selling bootlegged items?

Either way, pretty cool figure.

thewolfman
10-11-2005, 04:32 AM
i think that is pretty cool

larry-new
10-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Perhaps I should've used the term "unlicensed" but I just wanted to point out this to the collectors here....................Larry

Mojo
10-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
Maybe this thread will slide, but I strongly remember Mike posting a new rule stating that there will be no "bootleg" talk or piracy of any kind on the board. Maybe it was only selling bootlegged items?

Either way, pretty cool figure.

Yeah, this doesn't really fall under the domain of bootlegs, per se. It's really just unlisenced. It was even purchased legally, at a drugstore. The bootleg ban is mainly on the selling and trading of bootleg / pirated DVDs and Tapes on the board. Discussion of a little toy picked up at Walgreens is okay as far as I'm concerned. :)

myers2004
10-11-2005, 07:55 AM
id say like most that since it is for sale its not aainst the rules of the bootlegging deal. i think it is a pretty cooll little item too. hopefully ill be able to find someone to pick one up for me.

MM78
10-11-2005, 11:47 AM
That is in fact a pretty cool toy...i too will be checking my local walgreens tonight....thanks for sharing the info.

halloweennut82
10-11-2005, 03:57 PM
well... i'm off to my local walgreens.

Silverpsycho
10-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Larry, thanks for the heads up and great pic! Even though it is not actually Myers...it sure looks exactly like him in a deformed sort of way. I seriously hope I find one for myself at my local Walgreens!

Superman
10-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Picked up a couple of these tonight. Again...thanks for the heads up. They also had a Jason looking one with a metal hockey mask holding what kinda looked like a chainsaw. I did not get that one.

Silverpsycho
10-12-2005, 05:59 PM
LOL, yes, I bought the crappy Jason one tonight...mainly because the fake Michael was sold out. I found the Jason one hiding behind some other Halloween crud. I was so mad when I couldn't find one. If I end up not being able to find the Walgreens Michael (I have 1 more location to look at), is anyone willing to help me out? I will of course pay for shipping charges and everything. Plus I am extremely reliable with that sort of thing.

Thanks. :)

Superman
10-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
LOL, yes, I bought the crappy Jason one tonight...mainly because the fake Michael was sold out. I found the Jason one hiding behind some other Halloween crud. I was so mad when I couldn't find one. If I end up not being able to find the Walgreens Michael (I have 1 more location to look at), is anyone willing to help me out? I will of course pay for shipping charges and everything. Plus I am extremely reliable with that sort of thing.

Thanks. :) Let me know if you can't find one. I have 3 Walgreens here to check.

Silverpsycho
10-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks a lot Clark! I should no sometime tomorrow night whether I am able to find one in my area or not. It is so strange they were sold out in my location, but no surprise that the one left would be the ugly Jason X-like one. Are there any others besides these 2...like a Leatherface? I am just curious because I love these cheesy knock-offs.

Superman
10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
I remember seeing 4 different ones, but the other two did not ring a bell, but who knows...maybe they were supposed to look like some other horror icon.

Johnathon
10-12-2005, 09:06 PM
One was one of the puppets from The Puppet Master at my Walgreens.

myers2004
10-13-2005, 11:17 AM
if anyone can find a few id like one as i cant et any of them around here. id like the jason one too. if not its off to ebay.

MyersFan75
10-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Mojo
Yeah, this doesn't really fall under the domain of bootlegs, per se. It's really just unlisenced. It was even purchased legally, at a drugstore. The bootleg ban is mainly on the selling and trading of bootleg / pirated DVDs and Tapes on the board. Discussion of a little toy picked up at Walgreens is okay as far as I'm concerned. :)

Ok.
Thanks for clearing that all up.

:)

Silverpsycho
10-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Superman
Let me know if you can't find one. I have 3 Walgreens here to check.
Tonight I was able to grab the last two Michael wind-ups at a different Walgreens location. But again thank you so much for your offer Clark...I really appreciate it.

Kara Strode
10-13-2005, 08:18 PM
ooh, I think I'll go to ours tomorrow and look

Superman
10-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
Tonight I was able to grab the last two Michael wind-ups at a different Walgreens location. But again thank you so much for your offer Clark...I really appreciate it. That's great. I'm glad you were able to find some. :)

MM78
10-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Went to my local walgreens...and found no wind ups...talk about a total bummer.....might try an out of town one when i can.

Silverpsycho
10-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I wonder why they sell so fast...especially in my area since there are not really many Halloween fanatics...and I doubt they would all want imitation wind-ups. The two Walgreens by me are completely sold out of Michaels and one of them is out of every single wind-up (of the 4 in the set). I have a friend who wants them too, but he goes to San Francisco every weekend, so he's going to try out there, as there are several Walgreens in the city. I hope you manage to find them MM78.

myers2004
10-17-2005, 12:02 PM
two of the ones i went to in nh hadnt even gotten them. it was such a disapointment. i guess its going to have to be onto ebay.

Horror Kitten
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm gonna have to try and find one at Walgreens......First, however, I'm gonna have to find Walgreens :confused:

Superman
10-18-2005, 05:40 PM
If I find anymore I'll post here.

myers2004
10-19-2005, 12:44 PM
thanks superman cause im running into nothing around here. i have like 8 people in nh looking and none of the walgreens have them and alot never even got them :(

Kara Strode
10-20-2005, 01:10 PM
I found two of them at our local one..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/ragen/mikey.jpg

the other is in the living room

myers2004
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM
congrats and nice finds. its funny i called alot of the ones in nh and none of them seem to even know what im talking about.

Superman
10-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by myers2004
congrats and nice finds. its funny i called alot of the ones in nh and none of them seem to even know what im talking about. It's much easier to just go in and look yourself. It's hard to describe over the phone.

myers2004
10-21-2005, 08:18 AM
yeah easier when you are nearer to the places. maine is a wasteland and has nothing. oh well i have enough people looking.

Superman
10-22-2005, 04:18 PM
I went to another Walgreens today, but they only had 1 "Jason". No "Myers".

myers2004
10-24-2005, 05:32 AM
id even take one of the jasons. anyone have any pics of them? who are the other two i hear are in the set also?

DeeDeesBubbles
10-26-2005, 01:51 PM
There's also one that looks like Cain from Poltergeist.... And a giant eyeball and a few others that I don't recognize from any particular movie...

Michaeleon
10-26-2005, 02:15 PM
I bought my Myers walker last Sunday after work.

At first I didn't see anything and was disappointed for wasting my time. Just as I was about to leave I caught a glimpse of a wind-up walker lying sideways on a shelf. It appeared to be a character from puppet master by my understanding. I dug around the empty cardboard display and sure enough the last one in there was Myers.

The windup mechanism really doesn't work all too well, but that's alright. It's only to gather dust on my shelf anyway.

It's the revenge of blonde Myers from Halloween 4!

Nightmareman88
10-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Michaeleon
I bought my Myers walker last Sunday after work.

At first I didn't see anything and was disappointed for wasting my time. Just as I was about to leave I caught a glimpse of a wind-up walker lying sideways on a shelf. It appeared to be a character from puppet master by my understanding. I dug around the empty cardboard display and sure enough the last one in there was Myers.

The windup mechanism really doesn't work all too well, but that's alright. It's only to gather dust on my shelf anyway.

It's the revenge of blonde Myers from Halloween 4!

I would say Ben Tramer. The one your talking about in Halloween 4 was an Capt. Kirk mask.


;)

Michaeleon
10-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Nightmareman88
I would say Ben Tramer. The one your talking about in Halloween 4 was an Capt. Kirk mask.


;)
Haha! Well, if you want to get technical about it. Sure. :p

Yeah, Ben Tramer has been resurrected and is seeking revenge on the Haddonfield Police for their negligence.

The figure's clothes and hunched appearance remind me of Uncle Fester.

myers2004
10-28-2005, 09:14 AM
funny how somethin that doesnt even really look like myers can o for such prices on e-bay. most are around 5 dollars to 20 that i have seen.

Michaeleon
10-28-2005, 09:49 AM
$5-20 is far too much to pay for this, even for those diehard fans. Save that cash towards something worthwhile like a poster or lobby Card.

Silverpsycho
10-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by myers2004
id even take one of the jasons. anyone have any pics of them? who are the other two i hear are in the set also?
Here are a few shots I took of my "Jason" wind-up:

Silverpsycho
10-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Here is another (sorry for the crappy blur)

Silverpsycho
10-31-2005, 01:01 PM
And here is a more clear picture of him in a side view:
(sorry for the multiple posts)