PDA

View Full Version : I've Never Seen This One (My H1 THX copy)

Franchise
09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Has anyone else seen this or no? I'm at a loss. I don't think it's a replacement case at all. I think it's pretty cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Franchise1977/100_0349.jpg

boogeyman87
09-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Do they look any different way? Isn't that what they all look like?

Franchise
09-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Do they look any different way? Isn't that what they all look like?

Most have the black case standard. I've never seen a white case.

boogeyman87
09-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
Most have the black case standard. I've never seen a white case.

Lately thats all I've seen. Thinking back, thats all I can remember seeing. Same goes with the H25 DVD, and your post on the different cases. One being grey, the other black. I had never seen the black up until a few days ago. It had all been greyish/whitish.

Hallow-Scream
09-02-2005, 03:08 PM
i dont know i think i've seen it at a virgin records near my house but i cant be sure, oo you have gauntlet dark legacy that has to be one of my favorite games

MrTaft
09-02-2005, 05:50 PM
I've never been one to be excited by "Halloween" DVDs in different coloured cases... :p

Franchise
09-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
I've never been one to be excited by "Halloween" DVDs in different coloured cases... :p

I'm not as excited as I am just weirded by it. I didn't expect white. I was a bit pissed at first.

halo thirty one
09-02-2005, 08:51 PM
did you just get that one off of ebay? i honestly don't ever remember a halloween coming in any cases other than black until the 25th anniversary dvd came out with the grey ones. personally i'd like to put all of mine in orange cases. that would be cool.

Myers63
09-02-2005, 09:06 PM
[B]Has anyone else seen this or no? I'm at a loss. I don't think it's a replacement case at all. I think it's pretty cool.

Nice score, Mike! I've never seen H1 issued in that case, although they truly should since it's a nice contrast to the black cover artwork.

On a side note, I've never even seen the H25 edition in a variance cover. Truthfully, I got so annoyed at my defective copies(no 2nd disc, *2* 2nd discs, and a scratched 1st disc) that I sold the set(s) and haven't thought about them since. I'm only now looking to re-acquire the dvd for my collection---so I'll be on the lookout for the variance cover :)

DarkMyers
09-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I have that edition and have it in a black case. I've seen that edition numerous times but never with a white case. That's pretty cool.

I don't know what boogeyman87 is talking about, because I've NEVER seen the 1999 THX mastered edition in a white or grey case before. I've never seen any Halloween DVD come in a colored case until the 25th Anniversary edition.

boogeyman87
09-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by DarkMyers
I don't know what boogeyman87 is talking about, because I've NEVER seen the 1999 THX mastered edition in a white or grey case before. I've never seen any Halloween DVD come in a colored case until the 25th Anniversary edition.

Really...makes me sound like a stark raving loon. Maybe its California...

Mojo
09-02-2005, 10:47 PM
I've never seen one in a white case before either. Odd!

Franchise
09-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Sexy avatar there, Brian. Sideburns are out. ;)

And thanks to everyone for chiming in. I'll just keep my find and call it a victory for myself considering it looks great. I expected to be burnt by ordering it off eBay like I have been in the past, but this was bought from a very reliable high volume store on there. I just didn't know if somewhere it had been replaced, but I don't think I'll ever really know. I'll chalk it up to someone in a mood to replace the case and I got something that looks nice.

yensed
09-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Mike, was that Factory sealed when you got that? Because at our local video rental store, they have "R" rated DvD's in dark grey cases. And all the movies PG-13 and under are normal factory cases. I have always found it weird they do that.Kinda a good idea i guess, "Ok Kids, Remember, Only a movie in a black case".. But if that was factory sealed, Sweet Find!

P.S. YES! A fellow gta player! I was a moderator at gta-sanandreas.com for a year!:D

MyersFan927
09-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Mike, I think I know a way to make sure that DVD was originally packaged in the white case or not:

Remove the disc inside and look at the tray. Is the configuration (the cirgular finger whole with the words Lift Here coming out like a loop) the same as that on another THX copy? Sorry if you don't understand. Here: The LE and separate Extended copies have a different kind of tray, I noticed. I described it above. Chances are, if your white one has it as well, you probably got a genuine copy. If not, consider the possibility that someone put it in the wrong case.

Hope this helps, man.

halo thirty one
09-04-2005, 04:17 PM
i'm going to guess that the only way to know 100% for sure if the the white case is an original one is if it was still shrink wrapped will all of those annoying stickers in place. otherwise it's pretty easy to switch an instert.

SamhainxDreamz
09-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Not sure if it really means anything or not, but a few days ago I saw one on ebay with a case like yours. So, either they issued them like that or its a big'ol coincidence.

Franchise
09-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by SamhainxDreamz
Not sure if it really means anything or not, but a few days ago I saw one on ebay with a case like yours. So, either they issued them like that or its a big'ol coincidence.

You have a link on that one, Khara?

LegendKiller
09-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Has anyone else seen this or no? I'm at a loss. I don't think it's a replacement case at all. I think it's pretty cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Franchise1977/100_0349.jpg
Ive seen one just like that only it was a grey/silvery case,it looked pretty cool but it was $27.99.

Franchise
09-06-2005, 01:21 AM
I'm going to consider this one a nice collectible and call it legit!

LegendKiller
09-06-2005, 01:30 AM
I'm going to consider this one a nice collectible and call it legit!
Damn right man,i wish i wouldve picked up that grey/silver one but i was broke that day i saw it.

Slapshot
09-06-2005, 05:04 AM
I too have never seen one like that, I was in Best Buy the other day and only saw them in Black cases. Good find Mike.

myers2004
09-06-2005, 07:36 AM
not sure but i think i either saw ones like in it best buy or a pawn shop, maybe even blockbuster. with movie stores like blockbuster itcan be hard to tell for sure though as was said earlier they switch alot of the cases.

Franchise
09-06-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm still going to buy a black edition just to open it and compare again. That's 3 copies of this, but I think I'll give the other beat up black copy to a friend. Someone needs to addict someone.

myers2004
09-06-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm still going to buy a black edition just to open it and compare again. That's 3 copies of this, but I think I'll give the other beat up black copy to a friend. Someone needs to addict someone.

have i told you how good of a friend you are lately man? im as bad usually about getting every copy though. i swear collecting this stuff is worse then crack

mmyers78
09-07-2005, 10:59 AM
yes that is a very nice piece i have the thx copy also but i've never seen it in a white case. excellent find

Hallow-Scream
09-07-2005, 04:20 PM
ya cant say i've seen it now that i look at it more closely

:Cold Marx:
06-18-2006, 08:22 AM
ive seen it before, i saw it at best buy and was a little shoken up over it, but i ended up not getting it may be i should go see if they still have it (Jumping out of the door running to my car ) hahha