PDA

View Full Version : Most sought after Halloween item

Oneilmyers78
08-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey I was just wondering if anybody had Halloween items that they had been after for months or years. I'm really curious to hear other people's stories of what Halloween item they desire most. I remember the first Halloween item I was on the hunt for was the Halloween Spanish one sheet. Took me a couple months to get it. LoL I would always nag the local Movie Gallery about the h2 stereo vhs also. Ofcourse I found one on ebay, but one day they were selling all the vhses in the store years later and I baught the h2 vhs for memories sake of years of nagging lol. Right now the two items I'm really wanting is the h2 mexican lobby poster and h1 Norwegian.
If anybody has any items there on the hunt for please share with us!

KruegerLives
08-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I remember highly anticipating the release of the NECA Michael Myers vs. Dr. Loomis Action Figure Set. ;)

Nils
08-28-2005, 01:40 PM
masks: SSN REVENGE (I got offers, just savin up money now. lol!)...and several other masks. :p

larry-new
08-28-2005, 01:42 PM
One of my most treasured pieces was the original color pressbook (not the ad mats). I had never seen one for auction in years of searching and I finally saw one last year. I bid on it and then the auction ended early with the seller being not a registered user. I contacted her and she told me that her account with Ebay had been hijacked. She seemed genuine and offered to sell it to me off ebay for a very nice price!................Larry

Oneilmyers78
08-28-2005, 01:53 PM
I was just thinking about that pressbook the other night. A very nice item to have!

TheShape2005
08-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm wanting the H1 LP and the H1 and H2 theatrical posters.

and the H1 novel and LP. ;)

and a mask from each one of the films, as I already got ones from H1, H2 and H20 and Resurrection.

myers2004
08-29-2005, 07:25 AM
sad to say right now but its the p-cut of 6 right now. i keep getting the money for it but somethign seems to keep comming up lately with my daughter or someone else needing the money more so being the fool i ma keep helping them instead of my own desire to have this movie. other then that its masks and foriegn movies.

MyersFan927
08-29-2005, 07:49 AM
The items I have been wanting for a very long period of time are the H4 and H5 one-sheets and H1 MEDA misprint VHS.

stnthmn
08-29-2005, 09:12 AM
I have 2 different P-cuts on DVD. One is the Mikey Moves production version which is very very good. The other is is a bad quality one that I got years ago. I don't even remember where I got it from. Anyway, I went to Flashback Weekend convention a few weeks ago and this guy in the dealer room had a table set up. The was selling all producer cut DVD's. I spotted Halloween 6 and asked him about it. He then told me that he started the whole producers cut business and that this copy of Halloween 666 is the best quality I would find anywhere. I asked to preview it before I get it and he put it on for me. The quality was extremely poor. It has the counter on the bottom in every scene. It was a very poor quality project. The sound wasn't even that good. This is why I like my Mikey Moves version.

Franchise
08-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by stnthmn
I have 2 different P-cuts on DVD. One is the Mikey Moves production version which is very very good. The other is is a bad quality one that I got years ago. I don't even remember where I got it from. Anyway, I went to Flashback Weekend convention a few weeks ago and this guy in the dealer room had a table set up. The was selling all producer cut DVD's. I spotted Halloween 6 and asked him about it. He then told me that he started the whole producers cut business and that this copy of Halloween 666 is the best quality I would find anywhere. I asked to preview it before I get it and he put it on for me. The quality was extremely poor. It has the counter on the bottom in every scene. It was a very poor quality project. The sound wasn't even that good. This is why I like my Mikey Moves version.

You should PM me. I think I have something that could make you happy.

Gerry f'n D
08-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Oneilmyers78
Hey I was just wondering if anybody had Halloween items that they had been after for months or years.

I was always after the Halloween II pressbook which i finally managed to track down on ebay a while back.I was lucky as it was a complete set.

Last year i managed to get my hands on a Halloween II 35mm Red Band trailer, i had been looking for 1 of these for some time. I also ended up buying the Halloween 4 35mm Green Band Trailer from the same seller.

I'm really curious to hear other people's stories of what Halloween item they desire most.

I would love to get my hands on a Halloween II 35mm print & any behind the scene photo's from Halloween II.

cheers

writer93
08-29-2005, 12:28 PM
ive always wanted the original mask in the original halloween. i mean the one the Nick Castle guy actually wore.

ILoveHalloween3
08-29-2005, 02:28 PM
I really would like to get my hands on that 1989/90 TV-version misprint Media release on VHS, of "H1".

Myers63
08-29-2005, 10:50 PM
I've been searching for the H2 and H3 theater lightbox mylars for years. I tracked down an H1 on eBay back in '99...and I saw an H2 in 2000--but I've never seen them since.

MyersFan927
08-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Myers63
I've been searching for the H2 and H3 theater lightbox mylars for years. I tracked down an H1 on eBay back in '99...and I saw an H2 in 2000--but I've never seen them since.

Do you have a picture of what they look like?

myers2004
08-30-2005, 08:43 AM
yeah please post any pics of that. id love to see them and what they look like. im sure it would be a great find.

ShadowX81
08-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by writer93
ive always wanted the original mask in the original halloween. i mean the one the Nick Castle guy actually wore.
Haha. Good luck. :rolleyes:

even if you do find it, iv seen a pic of it and it looks like complete shit today.

http://www.halloweenflash.com/SCREENUSEDMASKS.shtml

Second row. Second from the right.

Nils
08-30-2005, 10:54 AM
And here's another pic of it....Dick Warlock sold it to this guy some years ago. It's a shame though, we'll probably never see it again. Dick could have brought it to conventions or things like that, but now it's lost in some guy's home somewhere in Ohio...:(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Smurfim/screenused2.jpg

ShadowX81
08-30-2005, 02:41 PM
I actually saw a picture of it after the guy bought it. Apparently he fixed it up cause it looks pretty good now.

Silverpsycho
08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I am seeking a nice looking mask, but I am not willing to fork over a great deal of money over for it. I am also trying to find an actual Lamson knife like the one used in the original film. I am not looking for the exact one from the film...just the same knife. However, I may end up getting a replica done by JC because his work is definitely nice to say the least. Other than that stuff...I want to finally go out and get the NECA light-up bust. It will definitely be my favorite bust from NECA, as I already have Freddy and Jason.

Spencer Walker
08-30-2005, 06:01 PM
SSN Revenge.. I have about $700 saved up specifically for that particular mask. I just have to find somebody who will sell me one for the money I have.

The Cold Reader
08-30-2005, 06:09 PM
I've always wanted a good looking H6 Mask and the Halloween 2 Aussie Daybill Poster. There's one on Ebay at the moment going for like $180! FUCK THAT

Oneilmyers78
08-30-2005, 06:12 PM
You'll find another aussie h2 dayill. They usually go for 40-60.

MrTaft
08-31-2005, 12:27 AM
I would like a H1 Thai and Turkish one-sheet, a H2 Italian fotobusta set and a H3 German and Spanish lobby card set. :)

Oneilmyers78
08-31-2005, 01:09 PM
I can get a turkish just be way more than i want to pay. Never seen those lobby cards you speak of. Those would be a great find! Hope someone finds them. Maybe there out there.

Oneilmyers78
08-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Actually I guess my dream team would be h1 norwegian one sheet h2 mexican lobby poster and h1 thai right about now lol.

larry-new
08-31-2005, 01:15 PM
Look no further Paul...on Ebay right now is a seller offering the Italian busta sets complete from H1 and H2................Larry

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZritchiesauctioneersQQhtZ-1

Oneilmyers78
08-31-2005, 02:16 PM
I'd like the h1 set but seems kind of expensive but seems worth it

myers2004
08-31-2005, 02:30 PM
to bad the mask was in such bad shape now but would be cool to own that. im sure it would look alot better in my living room or bedroom then in that guys lol

Myers63
09-01-2005, 11:48 PM
I'd like the h1 set but seems kind of expensive but seems worth it

That's not even the complete set, man...the seller is missing 2 photobustas. I just re-read the auction...and there is a mandatory "Buyer's Premium" totalling 20% of the bid amount--not to mention a "bidder sign up" LOL :D

As much as I'd love to add the H2 set to my collection, I'm just not interested in having to pay a premium in addition to any potential bid that I might place, and the additional red tape just doesn't add up to a pleasurable eBay experience, imo.

MrTaft
09-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Myers63
As much as I'd love to add the H2 set to my collection, I'm just not interested in having to pay a premium in addition to any potential bid that I might place, and the additional red tape just doesn't add up to a pleasurable eBay experience, imo.

So true, Josh. Thanks for directing me to the auction, Larry. It's certainly very tempting and I will probably give it a shot, but I don't like all that extra malarky. Damn price-hikers!

Oneilmyers78
09-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the info. Have to read a whole damn story reading that agreement lol.

larry-new
09-02-2005, 05:26 AM
You are welcome Paul. I had just read your wishlist and then I see the set for auction. I have no plans on going after it. I agree with you guys about all the BS involved in bidding with that seller. I don't trust ANY seller that has sold "as is" in the fine print and they even go so far as to say that if the item is significantly mis-graded they still won't take it back.
Plus the seller is offering an "authentic" screen used Creature from the Black Lagoon mask which has been proven a fake....................Larrry