PDA

View Full Version : Slither

Ike Carr
08-21-2005, 07:04 AM
From James Gunn, the writer of last year's Dawn of the Dead remake, comes Slither. In Gunn's directorial debut ,Slither tells the tale of of a small town whose population becomes infested with an alien parasitic worm which turns its victims into deranged cannaibals. And as the flick progresses, the people don't get any better looking. The gruesome effects are for the most part will be handled with practical effects over CGI ,and the flick will be in th spirit of some off the old 80's parts' o' flyin' flicks.

To see a sample of what will be inducing unsettled stomachs at the multiuplex, check this site out. (http://chud.com/news/4066)

Roswell
08-21-2005, 08:19 AM
So basically he's doing his own Dawn of The Dead. Awesome.

Why exactly is the flick called Slither? That to me sounds like the name of some crappy STV monster snake film.

EDIT: I just checked out that teaser and wow. I screamed holy shit at a few parts. It looks like it's going to be some good gory fun. The film reminds me of The Thing in some parts with how the creatures looked. I'll be seeing this, no doubt. One thing I didn't like was the beginning where it made fun of all the classic horror films. That seemed a bit too risky, like they are saying it's going to be better than those films, which I highly doubt it could be.

Silverpsycho
08-21-2005, 06:13 PM
The teaser trailer looks interesting, even though the beginning made me do a double take when it read that all the classics...including HalloweeN, "were all for pussies." However, the preview looks pretty good...but I doubt it can top all those films it mentioned in the beginning. I know everyone needs a gimmick/slogan but after watching the preview, they should have done something a little less strong. Still thanks for the heads up Ike Carr...as I had not heard of Slither before.

zombie commando
08-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Looks like some good old fashion slattertastic fun. I'm down.

MichaelMyers
02-11-2006, 08:55 PM
The official website is up. The trailer is on it.Slither (http://www.slithermovie.net/)
I saw the trailer before Final Destination 3 and thought it was a remake of Night of the Creeps. But then I saw that guy turn into some freak and knew it wasn't a remake. Looks interesting though.

zombie commando
02-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Night of the Creeps was an awesome flick as well.

"Zombies....creepy crawlies.....exploding heads.....and a date to the prom."
~Atkins

Ravenheart
03-05-2006, 03:36 AM
This looks like its gonna be a great movie :D Might actually have to go check it out in the theatre :D

MichaelMyers
03-13-2006, 01:02 PM
A few weeks away. Should be an interestingly strange movie to see. I can't wait though.

Samo
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I was about to say the same thing, that I thought it was a NIGHT OF THE CREEPS remake. This movie seems like one of those gross, yet so good, hard to watch movies. :D Can't wait for it.

michael =TERROR
03-26-2006, 02:00 PM
The trailer is hilarious but I still think it looks kind of creepy.

atomic dog
03-26-2006, 02:38 PM
i will be checking this out friday. so i will post my review after.

Samhain
03-27-2006, 08:01 PM
If it isn't a remake of Night of the Creeps. Someone should be sued over this one....

zombie commando
03-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Samhain
If it isn't a remake of Night of the Creeps. Someone should be sued over this one....

Why? Because it's a similar concept? You know how many similar concepts there are recycled around media continuously? The suing will never end.

Nearly ever story out there's a product....of a product.....of a product.....

atomic dog
03-31-2006, 01:03 PM
and now for my review.

i really liked this flick. there were jumps, laughs and shocks but it was all around really good. many, i mean MANY, nods to other horror flicks, such as invasion of the body snatchers to nightmare on elm street to resident evil, to night of the living dead. this movies has it all. if you have seen so many horror flicks like i have you will notice all the little nods to the other movies.

B+

Jeanette
03-31-2006, 01:10 PM
I saw the commercial for this and thought it look down right stupid. Not my kind of movie at all. I never was a sci fi fan. Tremor's still makes me say ish :rolleyes: I guess this would have to be one of those watch it with your buddies movies for a good laugh. :p

michael =TERROR
04-01-2006, 07:00 AM
I liked it alot I thought it was a pretty good horror movie and comedy.

Dimebag Paul
04-01-2006, 11:38 AM
saw this last night. there was some gore, but most of the movie was pretty funny. Wouldnt see it again though, it wasnt really that great of a movie.

Roswell
04-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Dimebag Paul
saw this last night. there was some gore, but most of the movie was pretty funny. Wouldnt see it again though, it wasnt really that great of a movie.

Okay, I don't get that. The movie was "pretty funny", but you won't see it again because "it wasn't really that great of a movie". I would think a movie that set out to be funny and that was successful in doing so wouldn't indicate a bad movie.

Dimebag Paul
04-01-2006, 05:24 PM
it had some pretty funny parts, but it didnt save the movie. therefore it isnt worth seeing twice. What isnt there to get about that?

Roswell
04-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Dimebag Paul
it had some pretty funny parts, but it didnt save the movie. therefore it isnt worth seeing twice. What isnt there to get about that?

Well, because what you said didn't make sense to me.

You said the movie was pretty funny yet you said it wasn't that good. That's basically you contradicting yourself, so I was confused as to how you really felt about the movie.

michael =TERROR
04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
No need to fight guys.

zombie commando
04-10-2006, 07:30 AM
This flick was catered to my tastes I swear. Body horror. Guts spill. Blood, blood, blood. Dark comedy. FUCK YEAH!

MMyers89
04-15-2006, 03:17 PM
I loved it. I was laughing my ass off, the gore was sweet, plot was sorta original, even a few scares. Great flick.

michael =TERROR
04-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by MMyers89
I loved it. I was laughing my ass off, the gore was sweet, plot was sorta original, even a few scares. Great flick.

I agree with that brother

Ravenheart
10-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Watched it last night and it was pretty good.I loved some of the lines from Fillion.I don't know why but when he said "now that is some fucked up shit" I just cracked up.The gore was pretty good and I liked the scene where the posse has the mutated Michael Rooker surrounded in the woods and he just flicks a tentacle and takes care of one of them quick and easy.The scene where the girl was hiding in the car with her family outside trying to get her was kinda creepy especially everytime they showed the younger sisters.

Franchise
10-28-2006, 05:00 AM
I watched it Tuesday and kept asking myself why. Why would I put myself through this much torture trying to watch an original idea of a movie? The answer was pretty simple. I'm still looking. While some of the scenes were cool and the premise was nice, I felt like it was lacking something. Perhaps I'm becoming too sophisticated in my tastes, but I never once found myself liking this movie.

Chomp_on_this
11-01-2006, 05:26 PM
This movie was the shit. I never had so much fun getting plastered and watching a movie. I had two Mickey's buy the half of the movie and I was laughing my ass off. And Michael Rooker...oh man that guy still gots it....creepy as FUCK! Great throwback film...reminded me of Night of the Creeps on crack. Yea...I enjoyed it. Turn your brain off, pop open a 40, grap a bag of popcorn and just let it roll. Great times.

Stage 3
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
i saw this movie and i thought it was.......

Halloween444
12-13-2006, 11:19 AM
This movie was the shit. I never had so much fun getting plastered and watching a movie. I had two Mickey's buy the half of the movie and I was laughing my ass off. And Michael Rooker...oh man that guy still gots it....creepy as FUCK! Great throwback film...reminded me of Night of the Creeps on crack. Yea...I enjoyed it. Turn your brain off, pop open a 40, grap a bag of popcorn and just let it roll. Great times.

You are apsolutely right Pal this film is the shit i like michael rooker in Henry but in this one he still got the will to kill appareance lmao....

Wicker Man
12-13-2006, 11:26 AM
I enjoyed this one more than I thought I would. When I saw the trailer my first thought was that it looked like a rip off of "Night of the Creeps" - which it was, but I still laughed my ass off during it. Gregg Henry easily steals the picture (I completely forgot he was in "Just Before Dawn" until I watched it again recently).

coryorton
01-11-2007, 03:23 AM
I agree with one critic (whos name I can't remember) when he said "If you don't like this movie,you just flat out don't know how to have fun".

Chomp_on_this
03-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I really can't express how much I love this film, BUT...the thing that would have pushed it over the edge in terms of a horror masterpiece would have been more boobage. Its just an essential ingredient when making these types of horror films. One shouldn't even have to think twice.

discvader
04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
This movie is just fantastic! A little bit of everything and it's just a blast! Nathan Fillion is good in it...good cast(Michael Rooker).

myersfan1348
04-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I thoight it was real cool! Definately worth a purchase!!!!

HiddenDragon
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I still have to finish watching this movie, but it's been pretty amusing so far.

Creepingmouth
04-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Everyone gotta love this movie 'cause Bill Pardy said so!

wyatt s
04-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm on my way out to rent a few dvds in a bit, haven't seen this one yet, is it worth a view?

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 06:24 AM
I really can't express how much I love this film, BUT...the thing that would have pushed it over the edge in terms of a horror masterpiece would have been more boobage. Its just an essential ingredient when making these types of horror films. One shouldn't even have to think twice.

I agree my friend. Titties are a must if you're going to have a cheesy gorefest.

HannibalBEATNGU
05-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I was expecting this to be terrible judging from the trailer, but it was a fun romp and a nice throwback to quite a few very good horror/sci-fi films.

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:10 AM
My girlfriend told me the film was a waste of time, i was like it cant be that bad, So i rent it and was disappionted, she was right.