PDA

View Full Version : 28 days later

TheThorn666
09-26-2004, 10:45 AM
what did you think abou this movie?

Chuck D
09-26-2004, 10:47 AM
It has an excellent opening... and the whole deserted London was amazing... it unfortunately got pretty boring at the end, in my opinion...

7/10

Creepingmouth
09-26-2004, 10:59 AM
the military part is boring and the ending is horrible but the beginning is awesome so I give it a 7.5

Man In Black
09-26-2004, 11:00 AM
First hour is good but I almost fell asleep nearing the end. 6/10

Maxvayne
09-26-2004, 11:16 AM
There was no subsence to it. A basic meet of I Am Legand meet's Day of the Dead. I found no scares from this overhyped piece of crap. The Director Danny Boyle on my ass say's it's not even a Zombie movie.

What are they infected with?

"WITH RAAAGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!!"

wwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiithhhhhhhhhhhh raaaagggggggggeeeeeeee

HAHAHAHAHAAH My ass.

Donnie Darko
09-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Maxvayne

HAHAHAHAHAAH My ass.

thats the funniest shit ive heard all fuckin day, haha

WWWIIITTTTHHHHH RRRAAAAGGGEEEE

(scared, i really am)

(i like the movie though, i dont watch it much, but i do like it)

TheThorn666
09-26-2004, 07:11 PM
was it about zombies and shit..????!?!?!?!!?1

Donnie Darko
09-26-2004, 07:13 PM
they're considered to be "infected" rather than "zombies".

Soulless
09-27-2004, 08:13 AM
I enjoyed 28 Days quite a bit. My definition of a zombie is if they are mindless and crave flesh they are a zombie. 28 Days Later is a different kind of zombie film. They all can't be the same otherwise it would become redundant.

Hall9ween
09-27-2004, 08:45 AM
I liked it. It was a decent enough modern "zombie" film.

I don't understand why people don't like the military part though, and say it's boring? I mean, have you seen the alternative ending? I would say the original ending is better than the alternative storyboard ending on the DVD.

It also got me thinking that maybe just the UK was infected, and some parts of the world were still safe -- mainly because you see the aeroplane in the sky a couple of times.

Chuck D
09-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
I don't understand why people don't like the military part though, and say it's boring?

I personally think it just made the movie dull... it kinda went down-hill in my opinion...

Scissorhands
09-27-2004, 09:27 AM
I enjoyed it.. the music throughout the entire movie is great.. it sucks that the best song isn't even on the soundtrack though. Aside from that.. there's some really good cinematography and framing for alot of the shots.

I think the thing I enjoyed the most was how quickly the virus would infect the people.. it made it more intense since there was no waiting period like in undead movies.

Chuck D
09-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Scissorhands
I think the thing I enjoyed the most was how quickly the virus would infect the people.. it made it more intense since there was no waiting period like in undead movies.

I loved that too! The puke that sprayed out of the infected (in order to infect the un-infected) was a nice touch...

BARF! - GRRR... I'm full of rage!

atomic dog
09-27-2004, 07:27 PM
isn't there a sequel in the works?

zombie commando
09-27-2004, 07:33 PM
I enjoyed it, but at the same time I hate the director for saying that he never borrowed any of the elements in that story from the Living Dead series. Any zombie fan will raise the bullshit flag on that one.

I liked the new spin on the old concept, and found it entertaining during the end of the story as well, even if the viral threat was subdued for the time being.

Some parts of the movie didn't make complete sense to me (if you were in a city full of raving infected lunatics, would you stop and take your time shopping for groceries, or would you dart in and grab everything you needed as quickly as possible?)......and therefore it loses some points in my book.

8.5/10

theoutfieldguy
09-28-2004, 12:45 AM
I remember waiting with great anticipation for this film.The trailer that I seen for it blew me away.I couldnt wait.It was somewhat different from what depicted on the trailer,but still a decent film with no shortage of violence,language and hot women,all the ingredients necessary to make a half decent horror film.Better than alot of other recent 'horror' films.

horrorqueen7
09-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
There was no subsence to it. A basic meet of I Am Legand meet's Day of the Dead. I found no scares from this overhyped piece of crap. The Director Danny Boyle on my ass say's it's not even a Zombie movie.

HAHAHAHAHAAH My ass.

I agree - I mean I didnt watch the hole thing. I fell asleep lol enough said :D

Chomp_on_this
09-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Scissorhands
I enjoyed it.. the music throughout the entire movie is great.. it sucks that the best song isn't even on the soundtrack though. Aside from that.. there's some really good cinematography and framing for alot of the shots.

I think you really nailed this on the head. People often forget how really great the soundtrack adds to feeling empathy for the characters. When the songs are depressing, you will feel depressed as well. It wroks great in creating the film's atmosphere.

The Cinematography was also brilliant. I loved how they'd use the 20 frames/min technique when ever the infected were on the attack. It looked especially spectacular when Jim was escaping from the soldiers and you could see the rain drops falling so vibrantly.

I liked this movie quite a bit...it was a horror movie, but it was more of a thinking horror movie. Just when you feel you have found some sort of comfort and stability, the ones who are there to serve and protect ultimately betray you. In times of distress trust no one. It was good satire of how its human nature not to except change, and the trickery of higher authorities of power.

I liked this movie, I liked Trainspotting, and I like Danny Boyle...however I truley hope there is no sequal. It seems a sequal might tarnish the message of the original.

Snoody
09-30-2004, 10:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Snoody/bed.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Snoody/el28days.jpg

zombie commando
09-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Snoody's hot so I cannot argue against her........this isn't fair!

theoutfieldguy
09-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Snoody's hot so I cannot argue against her........this isn't fair!

Haha.For real!

Maxvayne
10-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Damn:(

She got me thinking about buying this movie. And all you guy's know how I feel about it.:(

atomic dog
10-01-2004, 03:26 AM
why have you know bought it?

Snoody
10-01-2004, 01:04 PM
I actually sleep with the movie in my bed.

I love Cillian.

freethy
10-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Snoody

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Snoody/el28days.jpg

Well, thats the first time I ever wished I was a DVD cover...lol

Creepingmouth
10-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Snoody
I actually sleep with the movie in my bed.

Never thought one day I would have envied a movie :rolleyes:

Chomp_on_this
10-01-2004, 02:01 PM
RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc5.jpg

Silverpsycho
10-01-2004, 06:28 PM
I like it a lot but I think it was highly overrated while in the theatres, plus I am not a huge fan of the ending. The characters/cast are pretty good, which is key to a good movie and I only thought the little girl to be annoying (only at some moments). It's definitely different, as the people are infected rather than dead (so I don't consider it to be a typical zombie flick), but I can appreciate it and I own it as well...and I grow to like it more and more. It's just fun to watch :)

theoutfieldguy
10-02-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by freethy
Well, thats the first time I ever wished I was a DVD cover...lol

Haha.Fuckin Lee and his one-liners.:D

Snoody
10-02-2004, 12:56 AM
I feel a bit shallow about that.

I do like the movie for the movie, not just for Cillian, and his opening nude scene. The movie is clever and setup really well. The cast was amazing, and just the main idea behind it was good. The idea of a disease taking out the world is pretty genuine and scary.

But it is a bonus that the lead role was given to a man with such pretty eyes.

zombie commando
10-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I think you really nailed this on the head. People often forget how really great the soundtrack adds to feeling empathy for the characters. When the songs are depressing, you will feel depressed as well. It wroks great in creating the film's atmosphere.

The Cinematography was also brilliant. I loved how they'd use the 20 frames/min technique when ever the infected were on the attack. It looked especially spectacular when Jim was escaping from the soldiers and you could see the rain drops falling so vibrantly.

I liked this movie quite a bit...it was a horror movie, but it was more of a thinking horror movie. Just when you feel you have found some sort of comfort and stability, the ones who are there to serve and protect ultimately betray you. In times of distress trust no one. It was good satire of how its human nature not to except change, and the trickery of higher authorities of power.

I liked this movie, I liked Trainspotting, and I like Danny Boyle...however I truley hope there is no sequal. It seems a sequal might tarnish the message of the original.

I totally agree with your post here Chomp.

TheThorn666
11-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Well i just got done watching it and it was an interesting movie, I thought it was a great movie except for the camera that wasnt very good it moved way intirely to fast.

Oliver
11-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
It also got me thinking that maybe just the UK was infected, and some parts of the world were still safe -- mainly because you see the aeroplane in the sky a couple of times.

In the opening scene when Jim picks up a paper in the deserted London, it tells us that some small evacuations of UK civilians devestates other parts of the world and Selena also mentions that the TV broadcast infection outbreaks in Paris and New York. That sounds pretty bad to me, being that the rage infection takes just 10 seconds to kick in and it spreads fast. If outbreaks were in Paris and New York you can count America, France and any countries with a boarder to them (Italy and Mexico) out.

If there are any survivors hanging around in malls or any other safe places with food and water, they would only have to wait around 2 months (the time it takes the infected to starve to death) before its safe to go back out.

Anyway, as for the movie, I liked it, but the rage infection makes little sense. If it causes you to go completely mad with rage then the subject would lash out and attack anyone, the infected would basically attack each other. Then they had the hordes of infected only appearing at convenient times. Selena and Jim can walk through the streets fine, but when the group attempts to drive through a tunnel they're in danger within a minute. Right, that just makes no sense.

Still, if you can get by that, it had some great end of the world moments to it and good acting. It would have been awesokme to see the infection spreading through England while it was still populated with people, but the film kept a very eerie feeling to it by never showing too much of the world as we know it (a few of Jim's memories were there but with very distorted lighting)

atomic dog
11-04-2004, 09:14 AM
how could the infection spread over the oceans?

Creepingmouth
11-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
I don't know,it doesn't make sense.That desease could have reached Europe easily tough ,but not the US

Spongerboy
11-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by TheThorn666
was it about zombies and shit..????!?!?!?!!?1
yeah... and shit.

atomic dog
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
i mean only if there was a person who got infected as they boarded a plane for the states. but otherwise it couldn't spread. unless the infection reaches all forms of life.

TheThorn666
11-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Spongerboy
yeah... and shit. i posted that a long time ago lol...

Oliver
11-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by atomic dog

It could reach a boat at the docks, or, more likely, the infected person is knocked out and taken on to a plane which then flies overboard.

complete
11-07-2004, 12:36 PM
This movie was quality. I way prefer it to Night of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead, both those movies made me yawn. But this movie was farely fast paced and I really liked the way the zombies were fast paced, none of that yawning slow walking bollocks.

Chomp_on_this
11-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by complete
This movie was quality. I way prefer it to Night of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead, both those movies made me yawn. But this movie was farely fast paced and I really liked the way the zombies were fast paced, none of that yawning slow walking bollocks.

::cough:: They werent zombies... ::cough::

Hall9ween
11-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Nah, they weren't zombies. They were the hybrid of monkeys and that little thing that they called RAGE!

complete
11-07-2004, 01:49 PM
lol, whatever they were, they kept me awake long enough to see the whole film.

TheThorn666
11-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Yea they werent zombies but they were ugly little creatures all right lol.

Chomp_on_this
11-08-2004, 09:21 AM
I popped this movie in last night, and I heard something very similar to a particular yell in Day of the Dead. I know Boyle used the Romero trilogy as inspiration, but this is just weird.

When Jim is dreaming that he is left alone by the group, he starts yelling "Hellllooooo, Hellllooooo!!!" It sounded like the EXACT "Helllooooo, Hellllooooo!!!" that Miguel shouts out in the begining of Day of the Dead. I dont know if its intentional or I am just acting obsessed...but I heard a large similarity.

atomic dog
11-08-2004, 09:30 AM
I popped this movie in last night, and I heard something very similar to a particular yell in Day of the Dead. I know Boyle used the Romero trilogy as inspiration, but this is just weird.

When Jim is dreaming that he is left alone by the group, he starts yelling "Hellllooooo, Hellllooooo!!!" It sounded like the EXACT "Helllooooo, Hellllooooo!!!" that Miguel shouts out in the begining of Day of the Dead. I dont know if its intentional or I am just acting obsessed...but I heard a large similarity.
it might be a reference to it.

zombie commando
11-08-2004, 03:15 PM

I think you are probably so obsessed with the zombie genre that you are imagining references and similarities that weren't meant to be. Stop sniffing glue, put down the rusty heroin needle, and check yourself into the nearest rehab clinic. :p

Chomp_on_this
11-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Yea, your probably right...Betty Ford, here I come.

TheThorn666
11-09-2004, 12:42 PM
This isnt a thread where you supposed to tell people where to go! Let's talk about 28 Days Later! Shall We!

Chomp_on_this
11-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Quit your bitchin'....were just having a little fun.

TheThorn666
11-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Dude thats not very nice right there have your fun be kewl about it!Kidding

zombie commando
11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by TheThorn666
Dude thats not very nice right there have your fun be kewl about it!Kidding

I don't know how to decipher what you just wrote....grammar really is taking a back seat in schools now a days.

If you want me to talk about 28 Days Later....OK, fine.....I think you can classify the people in this movie as being zombies, they just aren't the typical living dead kind. They are more akin to the daily Amercian Eagle shopper variety.

SassyLassy
11-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Really good but had a weak ending.

Mr. Bruce
11-15-2004, 03:32 AM
I have dreams more exciting then this peice of shit!

SpawnOfEvil
11-15-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
the military part is boring and the ending is horrible but the beginning is awesome so I give it a 7.5
Agreed. The ending of this movie was bad. I bought the DVD and the director and producer were commentating on an alternate ending scene in the military base that woulda been so much cooler. Instead of Jim killing the guy with the bayonet, a bunch of 'Infected' like swarms of them were supposed to storm the mansion. It was really cool and scary. I woulda liked the movie alot more if they used this. And there was a scene they took out where Jim was fearfully hiding under the floorboards from the first two Infected and they almost found him. Another cool/scary scene. I don't know why they didn't use these in the movie, it woulda rocked so much more. But I still like it. Good flick.

atomic dog
11-15-2004, 08:39 AM
if the movie would have ended when the car hits the gate and they all come crashing forward would be a nice twist. and the audience would never know what really happens to the trio. or with the 'new' ending they could make it right after that scene where they hit the gate but the gate never broke open so they are stuck in the mansion field with that infected running towards them.

zombie commando
11-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by icparenumber1
I have dreams more exciting then this peice of shit!

Wet dreams maybe. This was a good movie with a mediocre ending. I just hope they hold off on the sequel. I would rather see the undead running around than sick people with the 'rage'. Plus, the first tied everything up nice enough as to not leave any logical room for a sequel.

MeteorMayhem
12-18-2004, 05:03 PM
This movie was good at the begining but it just sord-of went down hill at the end.

flamingrose96
09-12-2007, 12:17 PM
This movie was good at the begining but it just sord-of went down hill at the end.

I agree, they had a good thing goin' there for a minute, although I did think it resembled (the end) of Resident Evil a bit. But nevertheless, I enjoyed the beginning, but hated it as soon as the military got involved. As soon as that happened, it was like there were no zombies, it trailed off into a whole other movie almost. It was horrible. I was VERY upset! The only reason I was happy about it was, I went outta town to see it in theatres, and when I was on my way back I got a call that my house was on fire...nobody was hurt, my dad passed out, but was ok. But point is I didn't get home til' nearly 2am, and I would have been in bed, asleep, and the fire started outside my room (in the basement), so I would have had NO way out. I'm pretty sure, I would have died that night, if it weren't for "28 Days Later"!! (hey look, I can trail off too, maybe I should be a film maker)

Gerry f'n D
08-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread.But i thought this might intrest those that enjoyed "28 Days Later"

Comic book firm BOOM! Studios has revealed details of its forthcoming tie-in to British horror movie 28 Days Later.

According to the publisher, the series' first arc will serve as a direct follow-up to the Danny Boyle film, bridging the gap between the original and its sequel 28 Weeks Later and revealing the fate of the Selena character.

The comics will be written by Fall Of Cthulhu scribe Michael Alan Nelson, with artwork from newcomer Declan Shalvey. The first issue features three alternate cover designs by Tim Bradstreet, Sean Phillips and Brett Weldele, respectively.

The 28 Days Later franchise has grossed over $145 million (£87m) to date, with the first instalment often cited as one of the greatest British horror films of the last decade.

28 Days Later #1 is released on August 26, priced at $3.99 (£2.40)

cheers

storyteller
08-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't do comics, but I'll be keeping an eye out for this.