View Full Version : Land of the Dead DVD Release Date: October 18th

Chomp_on_this
08-04-2005, 11:16 AM
http://www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=751

LAND OF THE DEAD DVD RELEASE DATE
by Dave Dreher

Source: The Digital Bits

08.04.2005 -

Land of the DeadThe Digital Bits is reporting this morning that October 25th will be the release date for Land of the Dead on DVD. Lets hope it does better on video than it did in the theaters.

No cover art or extras info as of yet. The only thing that is mentioned is that it will include some deleted scenes, which from what I am told a very few and don’t contain much of anything that we have not already seen.

I would hope that we would get a few commentaries and the like. Time will tell.

When we get word, we’ll pass it along.

ten31
08-04-2005, 11:29 AM
I read that earlier today. I know a few studios are planning on releasing their movies only a couple of months after their theatrical release to cut down on DVD advertising.

The first movie I remember to do this was that Ben Affleck Christmas movie.

Superman
08-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Cool..then I'l finally be able to see it. :)

ten31
08-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Superman
Cool..then I'l finally be able to see it. :)

Clark you should have seen it in the theatre. It was worth the money.

atomic dog
08-04-2005, 02:35 PM
it's on my list to get

Slapshot
08-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Cool, it comes out on my Birthday!

ILoveHalloween3
08-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Marked it down. Definitely will be picking this one up. Was the least of the Romero "Dead" films, but it was still very good.

Mr.Garrett81
08-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Even though I really didn't care for this movie I will probably still buy it too add to my zombie movie collection.

Donnie Darko
08-04-2005, 07:55 PM
i say OKAY!! ill be there! i hope theres some commentaries but even if not, ill still be there to get it.

id say sales wont be hurt by the fact its around halloween when some folks who arent into horror as much tend to watch more horror cause of the vibe and holidays.

i cant wait..... err.... guess i have to.

MMyers89
08-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Cool, I loved the movie and will definitely buy the sumvabitch.

MOODYGIRL
08-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I am mad I did not even get to see it.:crys: I may get it on DVD.

complete
08-07-2005, 06:39 AM
It's not out in the cinema in the UK yet I don't think. I'll go see it though when it is. Looks pretty good.

I love thr trailer.... 'Barbara....' lmao.

halo thirty one
08-07-2005, 08:12 AM
ahh, an october release date. would have been nice to see this movie released theatrically in october. it may have done better at the box office. but then we would have had to wait even longer for the dvd. i'm looking forward to watching it again though. sometimes my opinion of a movie changes after a couple of viewings.

Silverpsycho
08-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Sweet! October sounds like a great month for releases...since High Tension will be available on dvd for the US around that time (the 11th) as well. It is nice to hear about the deleted scenes on the Land dvd, but I really do hope that IFC's (Independent Film Channel) "Dream of the Dead" gets put on there too. It was a terrific special involving all this behind-the-scenes stuff done by Roy Frumkes (he did a documentary for the original Dawn). If the Land dvd has at least some things on there in addition to the deleted scenes then I will be happy.

tom2323uk
08-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Whens this out in the UK? I've been dying to see it.

complete
08-08-2005, 03:58 PM
29th September I think.

NeewollaH
08-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Wow, October is gonna be a good month for DVDs.

complete
08-09-2005, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by NeewollaH
Wow, October is gonna be a good month for DVDs.

Yup. I'll have Little Britian Series 2 to buy, Desperate Housewives, Complete Buffy collection and some others. Octoeber will be my 'stay in every night because I'm broke' month, lol.

myers2004
08-09-2005, 09:51 AM
i cant wait for it. nothing like another zombie movie in my collection. wish id seen it in theaters but it didnt stay long enough in this area.

writer93
08-09-2005, 05:14 PM
yeah, it was AWESOME in theaters. i liked it alot, i am a big fan of the series. wonder how many more " Dead" movies there will be?

zombie commando
08-10-2005, 06:27 AM
I'm counting down the days.....

Superman
08-10-2005, 06:33 AM
76 days

myers2004
08-11-2005, 08:07 AM
i know october is always the best month to me cause all the stores seem to stock up on all the horror movies cause of halloween and the best part to me the masks you can buy. hope they have some land of the dead ones this year and maybe some dawn remake ones

Herbert West
08-13-2005, 05:00 PM
i really liked land, allthough it wasn't nearly as good as dawn or day. i can't wait to see land uncut, so i'll definitely be picking this dvd up

Chomp_on_this
08-19-2005, 06:10 AM
Few Specs. No cover art yet though,

Title: Land of the Dead
Starring: Simon Baker
Released: 18th October 2005
SRP: $29.99

Further Details
Universal has announced rated and unrated editions of George A. Romero's Land of the Dead which stars the likes of Simon Baker, John Leguizamo, Dennis Hopper and Asia Argento. Both discs will be available to own from the 18th October this year, and should retail at around $29.99 a piece. The rated edition (runtime 1 hour 33 minutes) will be available in full frame only, whereas the unrated edition (1 hour 37 minutes) will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen. Each will carry English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround tracks. Universal has yet to reveal the extra material, or the official artwork, for these titles I'm afraid, but we'll bring you further details very shortly. Stay tuned for that.

Slapshot
08-19-2005, 06:24 AM
So it's moved up from the 25th to the 18th. It can't really compete with Batman though.

MichaelMyers
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Here's the unrated artwork if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7475&n=1&burl=

Silverpsycho
08-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Oh yuck...that looks really crappy! Hopefully they will go in and change it a bit. I hate that "unrated" bar going through the poster image...it looks like garbage. Oh well, at least the movie is good. I will definitely buy it, there's no doubt, but I will cringe with that cover. Either way, thanks for posting the link MM.

UPDATE: I went to MySpace and my "Horror Fanatics" group posted this information:

The picture on top (MM supplied the link to the one they show in their post) is a picture of the Land of the Dead Unrated Edition DVD. Only the picture isn't the final artwork so there may be some changes sometime soon. Either way it does look great. The Rated and Unrated DVDs feature a commentary with Romero, producer Peter Grumwald, and editor Michael Doherty as well as "Undead Again: The Making of Land of the Dead," "A Day with the Living Dead," and "When Shaun met George" featurettes and deleted scenes.

The unrated edition if you haven't guessed has even more special features. Such as "Bringing the Dead to Life," "Scenes of Carnage," "Zombie Effects: From Green Screen to Finished Scene," "Bringing the Storyboards to Life," and "Scream Tests: Zombie Casting Call."

The extras sound awesome...however, I wish that the dvd came with that special entitled "Dream of the Dead," done by Roy Frumkes, which was on IFC (Independent Film Channel). Hopefully "Undead Again: The Making of Land of the Dead" will be along the same lines...but I still like Frumkes since he did "Document of the Dead"...which was a documentary filmed during the original Dawn of the Dead. If that was included...I would be ecstatic right now.

Michaeleon
08-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
Oh yuck...that looks really crappy! Hopefully they will go in and change it a bit. I hate that "unrated" bar going through the poster image...it looks like garbage. Oh well, at least the movie is good. I will definitely buy it, there's no doubt, but I will cringe with that cover. Either way, thanks for posting the link MM.

I'd like it a lot more if that UNRATED banner was only a sticker on the plastic wrap or a removable slip.
I know the point is to attract the consumer, but once I buy it I don't need to be reminded every time I glance at the cover.
--Ohhhh, unrated!

Hopefully, the final cover will have some alterations.

And I didn't get the chance to see "Dream of the Dead". But if it's as good as you say then I hope the extras on this disc will be just as appetizing.

atomic dog
08-22-2005, 05:27 PM
yeah why couldn't they do a little something at the top.

Chomp_on_this
08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I am gonna go broke on the 18th.

zombie commando
08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I am gonna go broke on the 18th. You and me both. 30 buckeroos for this piece, but fuck it, it's Romero, and despite what people say I think it was a great return to the genre he founded.

Now bring forth the sequel you old fart.

Slapshot
08-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Here's the Revised Unrated Edition Artwork:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/seanhall/landofdeadunratedr1art.jpg

Roswell
08-31-2005, 02:14 PM
Haha! Yes!!! That cover is the best. Slightly comical but definately cool!

Chomp_on_this
08-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Now that's a cover...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :eek:

NeewollaH
08-31-2005, 05:41 PM
holy shit that cover kicks ass....just saw it on B-D and wow, what a step up from the original...

Silverpsycho
08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Now that is something I will be proud to have in my collection! That is 100% better than the poster image with the tacky "unrated" bar on the front. Thank you Sean for posting that update...it makes me extremely happy. :)

writer93
08-31-2005, 06:50 PM
WOW! what a hot ass cover! ill buy that, then ill have the complete Dead trilogy. ill have every one ever made! i think so lol.

Phatty Matty
08-31-2005, 07:48 PM
What a hot ass cover! Holy crap! That cover is frigin awesome! Thank you Sean:)

Mojo
08-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by writer93
WOW! what a hot ass cover! ill buy that, then ill have the complete Dead trilogy. ill have every one ever made! i think so lol.

Uh, I believe you mean quadrilogy. There's four of them last I checked.

PS what a fucking badass cover. It's a shame I didn't like the movie more!

Donnie Darko
08-31-2005, 11:45 PM
noice cover indeed, i like that 100x more than the one posted earlier. ya gotta have a sly looking dvd, just gotta! i really love the faded and gloomy theme that cover has.

Slapshot
09-01-2005, 06:40 AM
I too like the cover a hell of a lot better. The other one was just a lazy attempt at a cover, I mean the poster art with a gaudy "Unrated" banner slapped on it, it looked like shit but this one, wow, this one is fucking awesome. Thanks for posting it Sean!;) :D :p

Chomp_on_this
09-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Curtosy of DavisDVD, some Menus for the Unrated DVD:

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus/landofthedead_a.jpg

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus/landofthedead_b.jpg

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus/landofthedead_c.jpg

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus/landofthedead_d.jpg

Menus for the Rated DVD:

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus/landofthedead_e.jpg

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus/landofthedead_f.jpg

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus/landofthedead_g.jpg

http://www.davisdvd.com/images/menus/landofthedead_h.jpg

I hate the font used on the Rated DVD.

Michaeleon
09-03-2005, 07:02 AM
Coo, coo, Cool! That artwork is a big improvement. I'm a fan of the original poster, but I welcome this change with open arms. Confined and foreboding, my kind of cover.

And the menus look pretty good. I like that shot used for main menu on the rated more, but I'm sure that unrated main menu is animated.

Mojo
09-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Michaeleon
And the menus look pretty good. I like that shot used for main menu on the rated more, but I'm sure that unrated main menu is animated.

That's exactly what I was thinking looking through these.

Slapshot
09-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Here's the revised art for the Rated Release:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/seanhall/landofdeadratedr1artpic.jpg

Silverpsycho
09-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Hmm, I liked the artwork on the last possible cover with the hand's guts/tendons/veins sort of dangling from it, but I am assuming that was a problem. The newer cover is still better than the typical poster image with the huling "unrated" white bar across it, but the last design was still best. Thanks again for the latest Sean. ;)

writer93
09-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Ill be getting the unrated version definately. Looks like some cool dvd covers!

Mojo
09-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Hmm, I liked the artwork on the last possible cover with the hand's guts/tendons/veins sort of dangling from it, but I am assuming that was a problem. The newer cover is still better than the typical poster image with the huling "unrated" white bar across it, but the last design was still best. Thanks again for the latest Sean. ;)

The one with the entrails danging from the hand is the unrated version. The one just posted is the rated version. Hence the difference in gore level on the cover :)

Silverpsycho
09-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh yeesh, I feel like an idiot. Thanks for clearing that up Mojo and I just noticed where Ringu typed it out as well. Now I am happy again. :)

Mojo
09-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh yeesh, I feel like an idiot. Thanks for clearing that up Mojo and I just noticed where Ringu typed it out as well. Now I am happy again. :)

Haha, I hear ya man, if they had changed the cover to that from the unrated cover, I'd be pissed off! The unrated cover is sweet!

FooFighters
01-02-2008, 05:17 AM
I can't find this DVD anywhere.

halo thirty one
01-02-2008, 06:18 AM
I can't find this DVD anywhere.
Check this (http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=18776863) out, 2 movies for the price of 1. Deepdiscount it pretty reliable too.

FooFighters
01-02-2008, 06:20 AM
That is awesome! Do you know which stores I could find that at though?

halo thirty one
01-02-2008, 06:31 AM
That is awesome! Do you know which stores I could find that at though?
We have had it at our Blockbuster since October. Nobody bothered to pick it up for Halloween, so it just sits there on the shelf. I would think Best Buy or Circuit City would have it too.

FooFighters
01-02-2008, 06:43 AM
Yep it is at Best Buy for 15 bucks thanks.:)

halo thirty one
01-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Yep it is at Best Buy for 15 bucks thanks.:)
Do I get a finder's fee? ;)

FooFighters
01-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Haha no no no. But thanks:)

Khan
01-02-2008, 10:19 AM
I bought the day it came out.

FooFighters
01-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Good for you Jeremy:p

Not everyone is a zombie freak!

Khan
01-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I also saw it in theaters and was on the official message board for it.

FooFighters
01-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I saw it in theatres too.

Psych0ticNemes1s
01-02-2008, 12:36 PM
I was not impressed with this movie when I saw it in theatres. The DOTD Remake was much better in my opinion.

Khan
01-02-2008, 12:57 PM
It isn't perfect by any means, but Romero didn't have full control.

Psych0ticNemes1s
01-02-2008, 01:09 PM
It isn't perfect by any means, but Romero didn't have full control.

I was hoping for another Romero masterpiece so my expectations going in to the movie were very high.

halo thirty one
01-02-2008, 01:35 PM
I was not impressed with this movie when I saw it in theatres. The DOTD Remake was much better in my opinion.
The good news is you can get both movies in one set for $15!

Khan
01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I was hoping for another Romero masterpiece so my expectations going in to the movie were very high.

Even Romero isn't that happy with it.

FooFighters
01-02-2008, 09:42 PM
I bought the Dawn of the Dead Land of the Dead Double Edition thing today, thanks again Halo:)