PDA

View Full Version : conversion masks



myers2004
07-25-2005, 08:40 AM
i have seen people say they have made a conversion mask and so on and would like to know what they did and how to do it myself. i have a cinema secrets mask that i didnt pay alot for and figure if this is a good mask to try this on i would or id use a don post mask. hate to ruin anything more valuable.

MyersFan75
07-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Well, first off tell us what you're trying to convert the mask into. What Cinema Secrets mask is it? The Resurrection mask? Is it the "classic" Michael Myers mask? That's what we need to know before we can help you out.

myers2004
07-26-2005, 05:22 AM
i believe it is a lm102 mask from cinema secrets. ill be checking it again to make sure but i would like to make it more like the resurection one i guess but am very open to sugestions as this is my first attempt at changing it.

MyersFan75
07-26-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by myers2004
i believe it is a lm102 mask from cinema secrets. ill be checking it again to make sure but i would like to make it more like the resurection one i guess but am very open to sugestions as this is my first attempt at changing it.

I'm sorry but I still don't understand what you mean by "lm102" as I am more focused on independant masks. Is this the "Classic Michael Myers" mask, or the "Myers 2002"? If by any means it's that "Special Edition" Myers do NOT change it.

myers2004
07-27-2005, 06:41 AM
lm102 is the number on the tag it has ill try and get more info on it but how do i tell if it is a 2002 or the classic or special edition?

myers2004
07-27-2005, 06:50 AM
http://www.badplanet.com/asp/hcity.asp?W=HC this is very simillar to what it looks like.

Superman
07-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by myers2004
http://www.badplanet.com/asp/hcity.asp?W=HC this is very simillar to what it looks like. You then have to click on liscensed horror at the top and then on the left side scroll down till you see Halloween then there are a bunch of masks there...even some wierd ugly she Myers mask.:eek:

Nightmareman88
07-27-2005, 07:28 AM
Heres a H2O conversion I did on my Cinema secrets mask if I only hadenīt cut the eyeholes so damn big because I thought the eyeholes was really big on the H2O mask but I was a dumbass back when I saw H2O:D


http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/H2Oconversion.jpg

MyersFan75
07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Those are some big-ass eyeholes!!

myers2004 I still need a direct link, I can't decide what mask your talking about just by scrolling through all those masks. Give me a direct link if you want me to tell you how to do a successful conversion.

Superman
07-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
Those are some big-ass eyeholes!!

myers2004 I still need a direct link, I can't decide what mask your talking about just by scrolling through all those masks. Give me a direct link if you want me to tell you how to do a successful conversion. As far as I know you can't direct link. That's just how that site is.

MyersFan75
07-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Superman
As far as I know you can't direct link. That's just how that site is.

Oh, well ok. I didn't realize that - anyway, all he needs to do is find that mask and tell us the name, and then I can find a better site for more info.

myers2004
07-27-2005, 03:19 PM
looks alot like the one that was converted by nightmareman

MyersFan75
07-27-2005, 05:36 PM
It should not be that hard to find the right mask. Look for Michael Myers Costumes on Google and click one of the first links you see. Find a section for licensed horror and there should be several Myers mask, and jumpsuits with knives and such. Mass produced, bad quality items to be frank.

Tell me which one it is and I'll find it.

MyersFan75
07-27-2005, 05:38 PM
I think I know which one you're talking about. I'll check it out and post some advice on the conversion later.

Thanks,
MyersFan75

myers2004
07-28-2005, 05:32 AM
hope so as im not to good with which one is which. i looked again this mornign and saw on the mask is 2002 printed into the neck. hope that helps some. ill try looking on google for more info.

MyersFan75
07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Well, it actually doesn't much. I'm just gonna have to tell you basic procedure. Usually you'll want to trim the neck, and the eyes especially seeing as it's mass produced. The hair on most masks are bad, so cut it, style it, and add some hair spray. Now, if you so desire, you can use charcoal or a detailing pencil to add detail to the features. You could also just apply some make-up such as dark blue or black foundation to the mask. Use cotton swabs to wipe it away to give it a worn look. This is only if you want, and do whatever suites you the best. Define features like the lips and cheeks, which brings out the masks sculpt.

myers2004
07-29-2005, 05:33 AM
thanks and sorry wasnt more help on which one it is just dont know all the differences in them all. i tried cinema secrets.com and they didnt even have it in there.

MyersFan75
07-29-2005, 09:44 AM
It's ok. I'm pretty sure I know which mask you are talking about - however, if you do decide to just follow those directions and you can also ask Nils any questions as well, he is also very knowledgable about all this stuff.

Nils
07-29-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
It's ok. I'm pretty sure I know which mask you are talking about - however, if you do decide to just follow those directions and you can also ask Nils any questions as well, he is also very knowledgable about all this stuff.

Thanks Dakota, and yeah, you can ask me anytime. I've made my own masks and also did conversions. :)

MyersFan75
07-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Nils
Thanks Dakota, and yeah, you can ask me anytime. I've made my own masks and also did conversions. :)

Wait a minute, youre own masks?

When was this?

:eek: :confused:

myers2004
08-01-2005, 09:09 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Michael-Myers-Halloween-Mask-Cinema-Secrets_W0QQitemZ5990417386QQcategoryZ36565QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem hopefully this helps a little more in letting you know and ill be posting pics later on of the masks this looks pretty much like mine.

Nils
08-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
Wait a minute, youre own masks?

When was this?

:eek: :confused:

I have sculpted several Myers. No big deal though. ;)

Myers2004, the link doesn't work.

MyersFan75
08-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Nils
I have sculpted several Myers. No big deal though. ;)

No big deal? Are you kidding? There is always room for another Myers mask!! Did you ever make pulls and hair them or just scrap the sculpts? PICS!!!

Nils
08-01-2005, 10:32 AM
I have made pulls, but haven't painted or haired them yet. Maybe in the near future. ;)

scream_sayonara
08-01-2005, 10:43 AM
I am noticing that Myersfan75 is like 16? and Nils is 18, and I am wonderin how you guys have the money to all these collect masks?

Nils
08-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by scream_sayonara
I am noticing that Myersfan75 is like 16? and Nils is 18, and I am wonderin how you guys have the money to all these collect masks?

Saving...