PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 4 Turkish Poster



The Cold Reader
07-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Just got my hands on this little gem for $5. Is there any experts on here to give me some details? rare, or what?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7532279617&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

MyersFan927
07-23-2005, 08:57 AM
They're not too rare. I just hope you don't run into any problems with the seller; he's a real pain in the neck :p

Also, you might receive it in worse folding condition than what you see in that photograph.

Not a bad poster, all in all.

The Cold Reader
07-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Shit, I thought I'd got a bargain, or have I? Lol

H-Field Hero
07-23-2005, 09:18 AM
I was eyeing that as well as the H5 turkish for quite sometime before I decided against it (decided to put my money towards an original rolled/unused T2 one sheet).

Franchise
07-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by No. 1
Shit, I thought I'd got a bargain, or have I? Lol

It looks like a great poster to me. Nice and vibrant with color. You'll enjoy it.

H-Field Hero
07-23-2005, 02:51 PM
It is a very sharp poster.

The only thing with foreign H4 and H5 posters is that (to my knowledge) most of them strongly resemble that of the U.S. art work. There isn't much discrepency and variety, if you know what I mean. One exception is that BAD ASS French H4 poster: The artwork of Michael sort of peering around a corner with the knife in his hand. That thing is sweet. I wonder which board members own one?

Franchise
07-23-2005, 02:57 PM
You mean this? (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3869268625&category=60350&ssPageName=WD1V&rd=1)

I got mine from this guy and it seems to be quite rare. I got the H2 poster as well.
http://www.fun-shop-online.de/images/164632.jpg

MyersFan927
07-23-2005, 04:36 PM
That's weird, I usually see them around on Ebay.

Mike, I hate you! Your H4 poster is badass. Post the whole collection, dammit. :yar:

Franchise
07-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
That's weird, I usually see them around on Ebay.

Mike, I hate you! Your H4 poster is badass. Post the whole collection, dammit. :yar:

I've posted the collection a bit at each time. I'm actually pretty busy and don't know where my camera is... weird.

halo thirty one
07-23-2005, 10:18 PM
not that it matters but i noticed the turkish H4 poster has a dolby stereo logo in the corner. how come they get dolby stereo sound in turkey and we are stuck with ultra stereo here?

also, i'm pretty sure franchise has this H20 poster (http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/halloween-h20/halloween-h20-poster05.jpg) i forget which country it's from.

Franchise
07-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by halo thirty one
not that it matters but i noticed the turkish H4 poster has a dolby stereo logo in the corner. how come they get dolby stereo sound in turkey and we are stuck with ultra stereo here?

also, i'm pretty sure franchise has this H20 poster (http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/halloween-h20/halloween-h20-poster05.jpg) i forget which country it's from.

That's French as well. That's my favorite all-time poster to be honest. I've got 2 different versions of it. One is framed on the wall and the bigger one is folded up in the collection.

H-Field Hero
07-24-2005, 04:49 AM
Let us know if it comes in as good condition as pictured.

halo thirty one
07-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Franchise
That's French as well. That's my favorite all-time poster to be honest. I've got 2 different versions of it. One is framed on the wall and the bigger one is folded up in the collection.
i thought it was french from the words on it. you have two of them??!!??!! that's not fair, i can't even find one.

Franchise
07-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by halo thirty one
i thought it was french from the words on it. you have two of them??!!??!! that's not fair, i can't even find one.

Message PGmovies on eBay, he's my guy for French posters. I got my H2, H4, H20 French from him.

Now let's get back on topic. ;)

MyersFan927
07-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
I've posted the collection a bit at each time.

I check the memorabilia threads all the time and have only seen your first list. Are you saying you made updates? That's weird, I must have missed them. Sorry.

Franchise
07-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
I check the memorabilia threads all the time and have only seen your first list. Are you saying you made updates? That's weird, I must have missed them. Sorry.

Color me lazy, but I haven't updated too often since I'm not actively pursuing things.

Superman
07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
Color me lazy, but I haven't updated too often since I'm not actively pursuing things. Exaclty what is the color of lazy? Maybe a poop brown?

sam loomis421
07-25-2005, 08:17 AM
turkish poster lol

Franchise
07-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by sam loomis421
turkish poster lol

sam loomis421 lol

What's your point?

The Cold Reader
07-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
They're not too rare. I just hope you don't run into any problems with the seller; he's a real pain in the neck :p

Also, you might receive it in worse folding condition than what you see in that photograph.

Not a bad poster, all in all.

You had some problems with him?

If so, what were they? Cos I already payed the twat and if I don't receive shit in a week hes gonna get some pretty vile feedback

MrTaft
07-25-2005, 05:12 PM
He's fine. I think Vincent means his items take a bit longer to arrive. I've bought from him before and had no problems. :)

The Cold Reader
07-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Ah right, nice one....How longs a bit longer lol?

MrTaft
07-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Maybe two or three weeks.

The Cold Reader
07-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Phew! Wow! Shit! I'm speechless...

MyersFan927
07-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Found one, if anybody is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7534115007&category=25472&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

The Cold Reader
07-27-2005, 01:10 PM
That's the same seller, I haven't had any Contact from him, I payed him not even a minute after the Auction ended....

A. Remin' D.
08-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Hey Cold Reader, I bought from the same seller, but a H5 Turkish poster. But mine was $7, instead of your $5. Mine looks to be in better condition.

I hope he ships in a tube, and dosen't fold it!

The Cold Reader
08-02-2005, 08:58 AM
How long did it take to arrive?

A. Remin' D.
08-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by The Cold Reader
How long did it take to arrive?

I haven't gotten it yet, I just bought it yesterday.

The Cold Reader
08-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh right, sorry, I must've mis-read your post somehow..

MrTaft
08-02-2005, 07:52 PM
I bought a Turkish poster for the movie "Venom" from him a couple of weeks ago. I expect it will be at least another week before it arrives. And if it was originally folded, he folds, people. ;)

A. Remin' D.
08-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by The Cold Reader
Oh right, sorry, I must've mis-read your post somehow..

Oh, maybe from how I said, "mine looks to be in better condition then yours", I guess I was just judging by the picture on the auction, it didn't look to be folded whatsoever.

Why the hell do people fold posters anyway? :mad:


Originally posted by MrTaft
I bought a Turkish poster for the movie "Venom" from him a couple of weeks ago. I expect it will be at least another week before it arrives. And if it was originally folded, he folds, people. ;)

Oh, does he ship it folded, or in a tube?

Evil on 2 legs
08-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Turkish posters are a dime a dozen so don't overpay lol

The Cold Reader
08-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Still aint got mine and Payed for it on the 23RD of July!

MyersFan927
08-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by The Cold Reader
Still aint got mine and Payed for it on the 23RD of July!

Well, I didn't care much for the guy, but it takes a while for items to arrive from Istanbul, Turkey. Give it more time. Waiting is sometimes the hardest part, at least for me ;)

The Cold Reader
08-05-2005, 06:26 PM
I hate waiting! Lol. Nah, I really have NO patience at all.

MrTaft
08-05-2005, 08:00 PM
I paid for mine July 12th and haven't received mine either. Don't worry, it just takes a bit of time. I've bought from him before and have never had a problem. ;)

As far as shipping folded, all posters around the world were originally folded in those days, and that's why sellers ship them that way, to preserve the condition. Plus, it's more expensive to ship a poster rolled, because of the tube's length. But, if you're willing to pay more just to have the poster arrive rolled, then that's up to you, but it will still have the fold lines because that's the way it was originally sent to theaters.

And as I said, he ships folded, because the posters were originally folded! ;)

A. Remin' D.
08-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
I paid for mine July 12th and haven't received mine either. Don't worry, it just takes a bit of time. I've bought from him before and have never had a problem. ;)

As far as shipping folded, all posters around the world were originally folded in those days, and that's why sellers ship them that way, to preserve the condition. Plus, it's more expensive to ship a poster rolled, because of the tube's length. But, if you're willing to pay more just to have the poster arrive rolled, then that's up to you, but it will still have the fold lines because that's the way it was originally sent to theaters.

And as I said, he ships folded, because the posters were originally folded! ;)

That sucks, I don't want no stupid folded poster. It looked perfect in the picture, now I have to wait a month to get a folded piece of shit. I'll probably just burn it to put it out of it's misery.

MrTaft
08-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Some collector you are. Grow up, you baby.

A. Remin' D.
08-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
Some collector you are. Grow up, you baby.

I won't burn it, I'm just steamed off. I just thought I could get a decent poster.

MrTaft
08-05-2005, 09:04 PM
IT IS DECENT! Try finding ANY pre-1990 poster rolled and then get back to me. READ what I and others have been saying.

A. Remin' D.
08-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Oh, I guess I am lucky, I'm just being too picky. I am with everything.

MrTaft
08-05-2005, 09:09 PM
So it would seem.

MyersFan927
08-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Well, there are some rolled posters from before 1990, at least in the U.S. Right off the bat, I know it's possible to find H3-5 in rolled condition. There may even be a few overseas. However, the majority of them come folded. I personally think they would look more attractive if all of them were kept rolled back in the day, for when they'd be displayed in the theaters.

MrTaft
08-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Yes, but as I have been saying, and no one listens and/or reads, it was too expensive to send rolled back in the day, and is still much more expensive to ship personally (if bought from eBay) even today, and that's why they were folded!

MyersFan927
08-07-2005, 09:51 AM
I read just fine. Your implication about no pre-1990 posters being sent rolled only is wrong to a degree, that's all.

MrTaft
08-07-2005, 02:00 PM
No it's not. The only explanation that has been given by people on here (and not just me), is that you can find only find such posters rolled because "people" would swipe them from the NSS printing machine before they were folded. They were always SENT that way. Therefore the ones that were "swiped" or whatever never ended-up being sent.

larry-new
08-07-2005, 02:14 PM
For me in the US its not that big a difference in price to ship folded versus rolled. Most all posters as Paul has pointed out shipped folded because they were shipped inside the 35mm film can and thats how best they fit. The poster then went from theatre to theatre inside the film can.
Rolled posters came about in the early 80's. One can find rolled posters from the early years (30-60's) but they are exceedingly rare and very expensive.............................Larry

horrornut
08-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by larry-new
For me in the US its not that big a difference in price to ship folded versus rolled. Most all posters as Paul has pointed out shipped folded because they were shipped inside the 35mm film can and thats how best they fit. The poster then went from theatre to theatre inside the film can.
Rolled posters came about in the early 80's. One can find rolled posters from the early years (30-60's) but they are exceedingly rare and very expensive.............................Larry

I'm sure Larry knows what he's talking about but I can tell you that I've been working around US theatres off and on since I was 14 years old (I'm 57 now) and the first rolled one sheet I saw was in the early 80's. Even then they were far and few between. I can remember receiving folded one sheets as late as the mid 90's. I retired from the theatre business in 2000 but is memory serves correctly everything was rolled then. And Larry, the one sheets in film cans is news to me. I suspect that happened in very small town theatres where they did not display upcoming product out front. That is an interesting story.

Oneilmyers78
08-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't mind folded posters. I only have a few that weren't folded.
Like some video posters, inserts, and the finnish h2 poster is rolled due to it's size.

MrTaft
08-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Have you received this H4 Turkish yet, Cold Reader?

stnthmn
08-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Alot of the foreign Halloween 2, 3, and H20 posters were for sale at pixposters.com a few years back. They were originals and were very reasonable priced. However, I sat on getting them because of the frame size and of course they are gone now. I also saw them at conventions a few years ago very cheap too. Nowadays people are asking way too much for those posters.

The Cold Reader
08-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Nope. No Poster yet MrTaft :(

SickNick
08-16-2005, 05:29 PM
i've been eyeinmg that turkish H5 poster aswell as i collect any H5 memorabilia. does it look nice up close if anyone has one?

The Cold Reader
08-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Finally got it today, 3 Weeks & 3 Days since I bought it! I'm happy, here it is, on my wall (where it should be) :D

MyersFan927
08-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by SickNick
i've been eyeinmg that turkish H5 poster aswell as i collect any H5 memorabilia. does it look nice up close if anyone has one?

I have one, and it looks great on the wall. Nothing beats the U.S. one-sheet though, which have become increasingly rare.


Originally posted by The Cold Reader
Finally got it today, 3 Weeks & 3 Days since I bought it! I'm happy, here it is, on my wall (where it should be) :D

Have you ever posted your Halloween collection?

The Cold Reader
08-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Hmmm, think so (Only DVD's though, not all of them) in the Halloween Collection II Thread.

Lol, why do you ask?

MyersFan927
08-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by The Cold Reader
Lol, why do you ask?

I was just curious.

The Cold Reader
08-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Ahhh, I will do, one day, of the whole collection...:D

SickNick
08-17-2005, 07:00 AM
It's weird how rare the HALLOWEEN 5 poster has become. much more so than 4. I got my H5 poster from the theater it was playing at when the movie finished there in '89. does anyone know why the US H5 poster has become so hard to find.

A. Remin' D.
08-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by SickNick
i've been eyeinmg that turkish H5 poster aswell as i collect any H5 memorabilia. does it look nice up close if anyone has one?

I haven't gotten mine yet. But I'll make sure to post a picture when I do.

BTW, nice avatar. :D

ironman7845
08-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by A. Remin' D.
BTW, nice avatar. :D

Yeah, she is hot. :D What movie is that from?

A. Remin' D.
08-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ironman7845
Yeah, she is hot. :D What movie is that from?

I think it's from when she was on Charmed. I don't know though.

SickNick
08-24-2005, 11:03 AM
I think it was charmed aswell.

A. Remin' D.
09-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Ah, I received my Turkish H5 poster today! It may be folded, but besides that, it is perfect! I love it! :D

ironman7845
09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by A. Remin' D.
Ah, I received my Turkish H5 poster today! It may be folded, but besides that, it is perfect! I love it! :D

That must have been a long wait!

A. Remin' D.
09-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ironman7845
That must have been a long wait!

You bet it was! :eek: It took 8 days over a month. I bought it on August 1st, and it was post-marked August 31st. Thh... :mad:

Evil on 2 legs
09-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Speaking of a long wait , I once ordered a Bruce Lee statue from Hong Kong which was gonna be sent in Apr , he told his neighbour to send it as he's in wheel chair , he forgot about it so I didn't rec until Aug lol

Usually it takes 3 months from H.K. to Europe by boat.

A. Remin' D.
09-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Evil on 2 legs
Speaking of a long wait , I once ordered a Bruce Lee statue from Hong Kong which was gonna be sent in Apr , he told his neighbour to send it as he's in wheel chair , he forgot about it so I didn't rec until Aug lol

Usually it takes 3 months from H.K. to Europe by boat.

Damn, that's a long wait! :eek:

But I have a question about Turkish posters. Are they all so "printy"? It seems that mine looks printy, it's not glossy. It's just on paper, not like glossy paper like usual posters. It almost looks like a copy, or something.

The Cold Reader
09-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Yea, I think it maybe a copy, my H4 Turkish is like this, the logo's at the bottom, the Stereo Logo has like a reddish glow behind it, and the logo on the bottom left, forget what it is.

MrTaft
09-20-2005, 04:43 PM
They're not copies. They do NOT make copies of Turkish posters.

A. Remin' D.
09-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
They're not copies. They do NOT make copies of Turkish posters.

Oh, I wasn't sure. It looks a little too good to be copied, but still it's different than posters I'm used to. The size also seems weird, 25 in. x 37 in.

But hey, I'm not complaining. I love the poster. :)


Originally posted by The Cold Reader
Yea, I think it maybe a copy, my H4 Turkish is like this, the logo's at the bottom, the Stereo Logo has like a reddish glow behind it, and the logo on the bottom left, forget what it is.

Hmm, mine doesn't have that. I don't know what that was about. The 5 on Halloween 5 is red though, instead of orange, but otherwise there's no other differences.

Evil on 2 legs
09-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Turkish posters are made on primitive regular paper , on the plus side they're quite cheap :)

A. Remin' D.
09-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Evil on 2 legs
Turkish posters are made on primitive regular paper , on the plus side they're quite cheap :)

Oh, that's what I thought. That is a plus side though. :D