PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Script - Autographed?



MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 03:20 AM
I found this on E-Bay, and although I'm sure it's a copy, would it be worth the price?
I know I could just get it online and print it out, so I was just wondering what you guys thought on the matter.

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32990&item=7529782246&rd=1

I also found these, they are index cards signed by EVERY actor to play Myers so far...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32988&item=7529401467&rd=1

MrTaft
07-10-2005, 03:28 AM
That script and autographs are absolutely fake. As if an item actually signed by the late Donald Pleasence, as well as the other three, would be in the hands of some half-wit who starts the bidding at such a low price. Also, the title page of the original script looked nothing like that. I'm sure the actual script inside is the same as the original, though.

As for the index cards, they seem to be the real deal. I know that seller. I think he was a member here. And who is slow_johalloween again?

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Hey, thanks for the info Taft.
I have no idea about the slow_johalloween guy, but anyway, would you go for the index cards?
I was thinking about it...but I wasn't sure if I should.

Would you?

MrTaft
07-10-2005, 03:53 AM
I wouldn't, only because I'd want their autograph on one of my collectibles, not some index card.

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by MrTaft
I wouldn't, only because I'd want their autograph on one of my collectibles, not some index card.

I was thinking the same thing, and will probably end up passing this one by, but thanks for your help.

:)

Nils
07-10-2005, 04:51 AM
I also have an autgraphed script of Curtis, Pleasence, Soles and Carpenter and I sent it to a professional and he said that those autographs are most likely genuine.

larry-new
07-10-2005, 05:12 AM
I would NEVER deal with a dealer who is so obviously deceptive about his item. One vague reference in the first line description mentions "color copy" and thats it. He does not make mention that the signatures are also copied. This may have been an authentic signed script but he is obviously peddling color copies. Read into his feedback and most all of his negatives/neutrals are about this.
I have no problem with offering copies of scripts but be a little more upfront about what it is or isn't. I for one love copies...how many here (this means you Paul ;) ...) have an ORIGINAL script?

Nils
07-10-2005, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by larry-new
I would NEVER deal with a dealer who is so obviously deceptive about his item. One vague reference in the first line description mentions "color copy" and thats it. He does not make mention that the signatures are also copied. This may have been an authentic signed script but he is obviously peddling color copies. Read into his feedback and most all of his negatives/neutrals are about this.
I have no problem with offering copies of scripts but be a little more upfront about what it is or isn't. I for one love copies...how many here (this means you Paul ;) ...) have an ORIGINAL script?


What do you mean with original script? As I said before, I have an autographed script which seems to be genuine (professional proved it) and certainly is not a color copy, since some autographs are written with a silver-pen, so you can see the shine which wouldn't appear on a copy. :)

Superman
07-10-2005, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan75


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32988&item=7529401467&rd=1 I like how it costs $5.00-US & $10.00 worldwide to ship a few index cards. Let's just overcharge on our shipping.....lame!

larry-new
07-10-2005, 05:48 AM
Hey Nils my man...I'm not doubting your script or signatures. I was just commenting on that particular auction and the deceptive nature of his item descriptions.
By original script I mean the actual scripts that would have been printed and bound at the time of shooting the film and not xeroxed or scanned years later. I have two original scripts from the movie "The Car" and my pride and joy, one of the scripts from Texas Chainsaw when it was titled Leatherface from 1973.

Nils
07-10-2005, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by larry-new
Hey Nils my man...I'm not doubting your script or signatures. I was just commenting on that particular auction and the deceptive nature of his item descriptions.
By original script I mean the actual scripts that would have been printed and bound at the time of shooting the film and not xeroxed or scanned years later. I have two original scripts from the movie "The Car" and my pride and joy, one of the scripts from Texas Chainsaw when it was titled Leatherface from 1973.

I wasnt mad at all!! Sorry if I sounded so!! :p
I don't know when my script was bound, but it certainly has Jamie Lee's "old" signature on it. Her sig changed muchly over the years. :p

You have an original TCM script??? Wow....thats cool! Where did you get it?? :)

larry-new
07-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Cool.........I got it from Ebay of course. Finding original real scripts is not easy....I'm betting Paul aka Taft probably has one or two of them. I don't recall ever seeing an original Halloween script for sale, those must surely be rare...............................Larry

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Superman
I like how it costs $5.00-US & $10.00 worldwide to ship a few index cards. Let's just overcharge on our shipping.....lame!

Haha, yeah - they are a little overpriced, but hey, they appear to be genuine.

And Larry, that is cool about having the TCM Script, and Nils, you got any pics of your autographed script?

So, my final question is, should I go for the script?

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey, just came across this German first release poster for Halloween.
I really like it, but look at the price!!

Jesus Christ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25472&item=7529167119&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Superman
07-10-2005, 03:28 PM
That's a very cool looking poster. Go for it man. It's only money. :p

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Superman
That's a very cool looking poster. Go for it man. It's only money. :p

True.
Only 50 bones - but how many are in the human body?

;)

Superman
07-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
True.
Only 50 bones - but how many are in the human body?

;) 206 bones in the body.

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Superman
206 bones in the body.

I still got plenty - I'll go for the poster. :D

Just in case you didn't know, I was joking in my post...

:p

Superman
07-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
I still got plenty - I'll go for the poster. :D

Just in case you didn't know, I was joking in my post...

:p Ha ha..not if I get it first!

On your marks......get set.......GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Superman
Ha ha..not if I get it first!

On your marks......get set.......GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're kidding?!?
That puppy is mine!!

:D

Superman
07-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
You're kidding?!?
That puppy is mine!!

:D Oh please..look at the shipping charges...you can have it.

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 05:34 PM
:eek:

Didn't see that the first time...
I insist, you take it.

:D

H-Field Hero
07-10-2005, 06:55 PM
It's amazing how many bullshit halloween related auctions get debunked by our memorabila experts. Tis why I almost always check here first before placing a bid... even if I only have a very slight doubt that something fishy could be at work.

People are so deceptive on ebay. You almost have to have a sharp eye if you want to purchase collectables.

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
It's amazing how many bullshit halloween related auctions get debunked by our memorabila experts. Tis why I almost always check here first before placing a bid... even if I only have a very slight doubt that something fishy could be at work.

People are so deceptive on ebay. You almost have to have a sharp eye if you want to purchase collectables.

Very well put, and unfortunately true.
It's always nice to be able to ask for help on anything you find, though.

yensed
07-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Hmm..:
Item: Halloween Script Signed 4X Jamie Lee Curtis, Carpenter (7529782246)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
yensed is a potential buyer.
Are these Actual Autographs? I'm wanting to bid, but i dont want something that is just a Copy..
----------------------------
Responce: "This script is a digital scan color copy of an original and looks exactly like the original. Thanks"
:(
Well, that really sucks.

MyersFan75
07-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by yensed
Hmm..:
Item: Halloween Script Signed 4X Jamie Lee Curtis, Carpenter (7529782246)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
yensed is a potential buyer.
Are these Actual Autographs? I'm wanting to bid, but i dont want something that is just a Copy..
----------------------------
Responce: "This script is a digital scan color copy of an original and looks exactly like the original. Thanks"
:(
Well, that really sucks.

Yep.
Copies - although, like it was said, those Myers signatures on the index cards are for real.

MrTaft
07-11-2005, 12:54 AM
That German poster is actually quite cheap (although you can find it a bit cheaper), but those shipping charges are a joke! :eek:

MrTaft
07-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by larry-new
I for one love copies...how many here (this means you Paul ;) ...) have an ORIGINAL script?

I don't have the H1 script, Larry - even a copy of it - but I do have originals of H2 & H3. :D That's all I've got. H2 came from eBay years ago and H3 came from StarWares a few months later. The H2 one has some notations inside the front page, and both are brass-bound. :)

MyersFan75
07-11-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by MrTaft
That German poster is actually quite cheap (although you can find it a bit cheaper), but those shipping charges are a joke! :eek:

Well, still.
I'll pass on the 50.00 bucks...STARTING bid.
Besides, the shipping cost is unbearable!!

:eek:

MrTaft
07-11-2005, 01:46 AM
That's what I just said. :p

MyersFan75
07-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by MrTaft
That's what I just said. :p

:D
I can act as a parrot sometimes...

;)

H-Field Hero
07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
Very well put, and unfortunately true.
It's always nice to be able to ask for help on anything you find, though. I picture building modeled after a police precinct and a bunch of board members sitting at desks answering phones.

Paul, pick up on line 1. I got a guy claiming he's spotted a Donald Pleasence autographed pumpkin from the set of the original halloween

MyersFan75
07-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
I picture building modeled after a police precinct and a bunch of board members sitting at desks answering phones.

Paul, pick up on line 1. I got a guy claiming he's spotted a Donald Pleasence autographed pumpkin from the set of the original halloween

Haha!!
I'll be Mike's secretary, I always love fetching a nice cup of Folgers!!

MrTaft
07-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I tell ya, eBay is just madness. Unless you're buying a foreign "Halloween" poster, you've always got to check you're onto the real deal, and not some fake. :(

MyersFan75
07-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
I tell ya, eBay is just madness. Unless you're buying a foreign "Halloween" poster, you've always got to check you're onto the real deal, and not some fake. :(

No argument there - I have to contantly E-Mail other E-bayers with questions about auctions, and most of the time, my suspicions are correct.

larry-new
07-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Scored a copy of the original script to Halloween today! Snagged it off Ebay using buy it now for the great price of 10 bucks too. Been wanting a copy of the screenplay for ever and finally found one..woohoooooo..

Gerry f'n D
07-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by larry-new
Scored a copy of the original script to Halloween today! Snagged it off Ebay using buy it now for the great price of 10 bucks too. Been wanting a copy of the screenplay for ever and finally found one..woohoooooo..


Nice 1 Larry

I only just found out that i lost out in the ebay auction for a HII crew Jacket. I lost by $1

cheers

MyersFan75
07-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by gerry d
Nice 1 Larry

I only just found out that i lost out in the ebay auction for a HII crew Jacket. I lost by $1

cheers

Now that really sucks.

MyersFan75
07-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by larry-new
Scored a copy of the original script to Halloween today! Snagged it off Ebay using buy it now for the great price of 10 bucks too. Been wanting a copy of the screenplay for ever and finally found one..woohoooooo..

Well that sucks.
Haha, nice find. I guess I should just get one like yours instead of worrying about a copy with autographs.

MrTaft
07-18-2005, 07:22 PM
How much did it end up going for, Gerry? It looked like it was less than what I paid for mine! :(

larry-new
07-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Looks like it went for $76.00. Not too shabby. I managed to snag a crew jacket for "Leatherface" last month for $30.00...Neat collectibles............................Larry

MrTaft
07-18-2005, 08:16 PM
$76? :eek: Mine was double that! Bah! :p

Gerry f'n D
07-19-2005, 11:33 AM
The same seller was selling this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=197&item=7530009296&rd=1

Which ended up selling for $380.00

cheers