PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Movie Parodies?

DarknessBDJM
07-08-2005, 01:22 AM
I know there have been t.v. shows (The Kids in the Hall being one) that have done zombie movie parodies or satires, and even some films have done segments that parodied zombie flicks, but mostly funny zombie flicks have more satirical aspects.

The question, would you like to see an outright parody of zombie movies, and if you could make parodies of Romero's zombie flicks, how would you make them?

This just came to me last night, whiel watching Night of the Living Dead (1968), and I was thinking up some great ways to parody it, even a cast.

DarknessBDJM
07-08-2005, 02:16 AM
3 things I'd do for a Night of the Living Dead parody. Get Jason Alexander to play Harry Cooper (come on, George Costanza IS Harry Cooper), Samuel L. Jackson (partly parodying himself, plus he was a good parody actor in Loaded Weapon 1) as Ben, and Trey Parker as Barbara (yes he's a man, but he looks like her twin, and that makes it funnier). Get John Kerry as the cemetary zombie too, he looks the part.

As for Day of the Dead, I'd like to see Bub, at least at some point after, learning (hopefully to an 80's style montage with 80's music, ala The Karate Kid and "You're the Best.") end up lik the giant mechanical fish in that Family Guy episode, very Bond villain like. Smocking jacket or robe, and pipe in hand, sitting in a revolving chair and all.
I'd like to see Mr. T as Peter in Dawn, in full on B.A. Barracus mode. Francine would have to use tranquilizers on him to get him on the plane in the end, and he wouldn't put the gun to his head at the end due to an inner thought saying it wouldn't be good for the kids in the youthcenter's to see it, and after that instead of Peter's Dawn music, the A-Team theme would play and Mr. T., as Peter would kick some zombie ass.

Superman
07-08-2005, 04:41 AM
I'm pretty sure Saun of the Dead is a parody.

myers2004
07-08-2005, 06:15 AM
not really a parody i guess but to me they were the zombie 3 and 4 movies were just a big laugh to me and cant even be considered good zombie movies. more like watching dumb and dumber

DarknessBDJM
07-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Superman
I'm pretty sure Saun of the Dead is a parody.

No, it's a satire

zombie commando
07-11-2005, 10:37 AM
House of the Dead was a parodity....I hope.

Blackesteyes
07-12-2005, 02:36 PM
House of the Dead was just an abomination, period.