PDA

View Full Version : 1st release of HALLOWEEN on DVD.

triefy
06-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I still have the original Anchor Bay 2 sided Halloween DVD with the hidden easter egg menu for all the kills.

I love it.

MyersFan927
06-27-2005, 02:45 PM
I still need to find this one. 10 more DVDs to go to complete Region 1's.

MyersFan75
06-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Cool.
I am hoping to snag a copy one of these days.
By the way, Vincent, you have a new PM.

:)

triefy
06-27-2005, 02:51 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you. I see these pop up every once and awhile.

How many Region 1's are there?!?!??!

I have this one, THe Holograph (both 2 disc & 1 disc), 25th, and the seperate Extended Ed.

MyersFan927
06-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by triefy
I'll keep an eye out for you. I see these pop up every once and awhile.

How many Region 1's are there?!?!??!

I have this one, THe Holograph (both 2 disc & 1 disc), 25th, and the seperate Extended Ed.

24 Region 1's, and one-third belongs to H1.

1999 One-Disc Hologram
1999 Limited Edition
1999 One-Disc
2001 Extended
2001 Extended with Film Cell
2003 25th Anniversary in Gray Case
2003 25th Anniversary in Black Case

MrTaft
06-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
2001 Extended
2001 Extended with Film Cell

Since most of them will have the film cells seperate now and there's no difference in the DVD cover, I think one or the other will suffice, because how would you know the difference?

H-Field Hero
06-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
Since most of them will have the film cells seperate now and there's no difference in the DVD cover, I think one or the other will suffice, because how would you know the difference? The same applies to the different colored cases for the H25. It's the exact same issue with the exact same cover art. Just a different colored case.

Superman
06-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
The same applies to the different colored cases for the H25. It's the exact same issue with the exact same cover art. Just a different colored case. Which is a stupid reason to try to get both versions.

H-Field Hero
06-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Superman
Which is a stupid reason to try to get both versions. I'm tempted to agree, but I won't call my boy Vince stupid lol.

I mean, if thats something that people want to put money into then all the power to them. Does seem a bit excessive though.

But I'm sure some would say having the entire series on dvd is excessive so it's all reletive.

Superman
06-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
I'm tempted to agree, but I won't call my boy Vince stupid lol.

I mean, if thats something that people want to put money into then all the power to them. Does seem a bit excessive though.

But I'm sure some would say having the entire series on dvd is excessive so it's all reletive. I suppose you are right Matt. To each their own. :)

stnthmn
06-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Being that I am a collector that knows every release of Halloween on all formats I was surprised a few years back when I saw this barebone release at the video store. I fionally found one used at a used CD store.
By the way, since I had to reregister and I can't make new post yet, I just wanted to let everyone know that Halloween is coming to UMD (PSP) on Aug. 23rd.

Franchise
06-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by stnthmn
Being that I am a collector that knows every release of Halloween on all formats I was surprised a few years back when I saw this barebone release at the video store. I fionally found one used at a used CD store.
By the way, since I had to reregister and I can't make new post yet, I just wanted to let everyone know that Halloween is coming to UMD (PSP) on Aug. 23rd.

Interesting news. I'll have to get that one.

And I have all the region 1 DVD releases. :)

Oneilmyers78
06-27-2005, 10:07 PM
I need to collect more of the American dvds. The only film I have all the dvds for is Halloween 2. To my knowledge there is 3 h2s 3 h3s 3 h4s 2 h5s and one h6 dvd. On h1 I'm not exactly sure. Never really got into them too much. Looks to be 6 though.

Oneilmyers78
06-27-2005, 10:32 PM
(From Gamewinners.com)
Anchor Bay Entertainment announced today its entrance into the Universal Media Disc marketplace with six popular films.

On August 23rd, the company will release Halloween, Evil Dead, Time Bandits, Blood the Last Vampire as well as Manga Entertainment's Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll on UMD. Each film will carry a suggested retail price of $19.98.

"The format has done well in its early stages," commented Ray Gagnon, Sr. Vice President Sales for Anchor Bay Entertainment. "Our demographics match up very nicely with those of the PSP adapter and as such, we are confident our films will be successful on the UMD format. This slate is only the beginning from our company."

All of the titles in the first release launch are noted for their strong and consistent sales. Both Halloween and Evil Dead are annual best-sellers

myers2004
06-28-2005, 06:29 AM
ok i know im not to bright but what is the umd format? ive never heard of it i dont think.

MyersFan927
06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by MrTaft
Since most of them will have the film cells seperate now and there's no difference in the DVD cover, I think one or the other will suffice, because how would you know the difference?

This film cell is already out of print, and you can tell the difference. Take a look at the attachment. The regular one can be used for opening/watching purposes, and the other for collecting. Again, the difference is able to be seen.

..and one wouldn't call it stupid if they're a die-hard collector.

UMB, eh? I'll have to read up on that.

Silverpsycho
06-28-2005, 12:00 PM
I consider the extended version dvd with the film cell still attached in the shrinkwrap to be a prized gem in my dvd collection. I love how the plaque was made, but it's too bad I won't allow myself to rip it open and display it.

Also, that hologram cover, limited edition sure cost me a pretty penny...but I love that one too.

Now which one do all of you watch? I switch back and forth between the plain old one disc (my cover is signed by Jamie Lee Curtis) and the 25th Anniversary (I bought the grey case).

MyersFan927
06-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
I consider the extended version dvd with the film cell still attached in the shrinkwrap to be a prized gem in my dvd collection. I love how the plaque was made, but it's too bad I won't allow myself to rip it open and display it.

Also, that hologram cover, limited edition sure cost me a pretty penny...but I love that one too.

Now which one do all of you watch? I switch back and forth between the plain old one disc (my cover is signed by Jamie Lee Curtis) and the 25th Anniversary (I bought the grey case).

Still looking for the film cell Extended. Where did you get yours, at Best Buy or eBay?

Shit, how did you get yours signed by JLC?? That's nearly impossible, haha. Must tell. I switch back between the LE and 25th Anniversary Edition in gray case. Both have great, crisp transfers, and tons of awesome features.

BTW Liz, I ran into your collection list again today, and I LOVE your collection! You have so many cool Myers figures ;)

MrTaft
06-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
This film cell is already out of print, and you can tell the difference. Take a look at the attachment. The regular one can be used for opening/watching purposes, and the other for collecting. Again, the difference is able to be seen.

Yes, I know what they look like. I suppose you're right if you don't want to "unseal" the one with the film cell.

stnthmn
06-29-2005, 02:20 PM
It looks like the extended edition with the film cell is becoming extremely rare now. I rememeber the last time I saw one was back in 2002 on EBay and it was going for over $50.

MyersFan927
06-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by stnthmn
It looks like the extended edition with the film cell is becoming extremely rare now. I rememeber the last time I saw one was back in 2002 on EBay and it was going for over $50.

I saw one earlier this year for $30 Buy It Now, but still, you're right - they're few and far between on Ebay, and when you do catch one, they go high. $30 can be considered a bargain.

stnthmn
06-29-2005, 07:00 PM
You are right. I haven't been shopping EBay recently but I know those buy it now options don't last long. If the price is right people will grab them. $30 is still a great price.