PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Zombie Movie Soundtrack??

Donnie Darko
09-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Which of the zombie movie soundtracks do you like best??

I dont really think ive seen a zombie movie with a bad soundtrack even though im sure there are some.

My personal favorite would have to be Day of the Dead. John Harrison did an awesome job of capturing the resonance and feel of the underground cave from Day.
Even though id never seen Day until the Anchor Bay dvd release came out, its became one of my favorite films.

My soundtrack is Limited Edition number 2250 outta 3000. the first thing i did after getting it in the mail was to make a backup copy and store that bitch in a safe (undisclosed) place.
The soundtrack makes me feel like a 7 year old kid again, its really hard to explain.

Enough about The King, How about yourself?

Maxvayne
09-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Day of the Dead is good and the same with Dawn, but I gotta go with Return of the Living Dead. Gotta love them Punk beats!!!!

Chuck D
09-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
I gotta go with Return of the Living Dead. Gotta love them Punk beats!!!!

Damn right! One of the best soundtracks ever...

I'm fond of that Mall Muzak at the end of Dawn though...

Dah dum dum dum, dah dum dum dum, dah dum dum dudda dudda dum dum

MichaelMyers
09-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Dawn of the Dead (Remake) and RE2 have cool soundtracks.

zombie commando
09-25-2004, 12:57 PM
The Dawn of the Dead Goblin soundtrack rules you fools. Here's to library beats!:D

Donnie Darko
09-25-2004, 10:11 PM
oh yeah, i had that soundtrack before i had the Day soundtrack. its the Zombi soundtrack thats in the euro cut of the movie. ive listened the shit outta that cd.
http://www.film.org.pl/soundtrack/images3/dawn_dead.jpg

the recently the other one got released
http://img33.exs.cx/img33/7761/Dawnunreleased.jpg

some of the best shit ever!

Roswell
09-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
The Dawn of the Dead Goblin soundtrack rules you fools. Here's to library beats!:D

Hallowicked
09-30-2004, 08:31 AM
The Return of the Living Dead soundtrack

Miss Informed
09-30-2004, 09:01 AM
That is a good one huh? Have to check it out.

Chomp_on_this
09-30-2004, 03:12 PM
I have only heard the full Goblin soundtrack. I have heard bits of the Day of the Dead soundtrack....but none of it compared to DOTD...so DOTD gets my vote!

Scissorhands
10-01-2004, 06:46 AM
If 28 Days Later is considered a zombie flick.. then I'd go with that soundtrack. The Godspeed song on there is incredible.

Rabbit in Red
10-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah I have to agree. If 28 Days later counts I choose that one. Track 23 is the best one of the soundtrack creepy and it gets me pumped to watch horror.

Jinxed
12-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Man good thread why haven't you people been using it??? Zombie films have got some amazing soundtracks.
I love the goblin soundtrack those fuckers have got some talent.
The music scores for both NOTLD films are amazing. RerturnOTLD has a badass soundtrack with all the 80's punk.
But one that I love and wasn't mentioned is I Zombie...simply incredible there is so much of an emotional feel with the music.
And even today zombie flicks still have some good tunes kickin' like in Dawn(04) with the johnny cash goods.

zombie commando
12-08-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm digging the soundtracks that donnie darko sent me....here's to you pal!:D

Chomp_on_this
12-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
I'm digging the soundtracks that donnie darko sent me....here's to you pal!:D

LoL.

I like the Luther Vandross singing in the Day of the Dead soundtrack. HAHA!

zombie commando
12-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
LoL.

I like the Luther Vandross singing in the Day of the Dead soundtrack. HAHA!
I love the whole thing. I listen to them both in continuos loops, and pray that LOTD has another kickass soundtrack.

Donnie Darko
12-09-2004, 01:05 AM
thanks for the mention :)
why not share it if ya got it!!

that song took a few good listens to get into but i like it up there with the rest nowadays, my favorite from the Day soundtrack is the first song "The Dead Suite" i like the way that song has a summary of most of the movies music, its got some of my favorite licks on it too.

me and Chomp were laughing about the "Cause I'm a Man" song from Dawn, thats another funny song! every time i hear it i can picture the militants drinking coffee and smoking.
"What are you looking at??"

Originally posted by Jinxed
The music scores for both NOTLD films are amazing.
nice to see you back in undead action, gaddamn!! do you know where we can get ahold of the original NOTLD soundtrack *nudge nudge*
do you have any ideas?

Chomp_on_this
12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
"I never wake up early in the morning. Don't get home till late at night. Don't believe in overworking. And I never treat a woman right, cause I'm a man, cause I'm a man."

HAHA.. awesome song.

I gotta tell ya, I am really digging Mall Montage Scene (We Are The Champions), Ragtime Razzamataz, Tango Tango, Fugarock off of the Dawn of the Dead Unreleased Incidental Music. That's one of my favorite songs from the movie, I'd have to say. Not so much the Razzamataz part, but the end organ part is creepy as fuck.

Check out this site. It has a bunch of zombie movie OST's. Some of them seem a little expensive, but I think it maybe worth it.

http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/by_genre/zombies.htm

Donnie Darko
01-08-2005, 12:59 AM
haha, everyone can relate to that song! haha

theres a few soundtracks id like to pick up from that page, most of all the Zombie soundtrack. im still on the prowl for the main title song. its a wonder that theme song isnt easier to find.

T1000416
01-08-2005, 05:51 AM
I like the soundtracks to both Dawn and Day of the Dead.

Oliver
01-08-2005, 09:14 AM
The new Dawn has some great music, Shaun of the Dead wasn't bad either with Ash.

28 Days Later as well, very well done.

Scissorhands
01-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Does the original NOTLD have a soundtrack? If it does then that would be my favorite out of the three.. I like the song at the beginning when the car is rolling through the cemetery.. same music you hear in H2 when Mrs. Elrod is in the kitchen.

Donnie Darko
01-17-2005, 02:43 AM
ive not been able to find a soundtrack for the original notld..
id love nothing more than to have one though.

another thing, i was listening to Grease Paint and Monkey Brains by White Zombie and heard something id never noticed before. has anyone ever noticed in that song you can hear Peter from DOTD talking in it. you can hear him say "we could run" and "do you think its right to run?"
ive heard that song 50,000 goddamn times and id never noticed that... small world. its not the first DOTD reference by Rob though.

MaDMaNMaRz
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Dawn of the Dead and City of the Living Dead

mmyers78
01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
The original Dawn soundtrack is my favorite.

Hawkwind
01-25-2008, 08:01 AM
The Dawn of the Dead Goblin soundtrack rules you fools
I had a copy of the cd its very good

Nexus-x17
01-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Day of the Dead,specifically the upbeat-electronic version featured on the dvd menus for the DiviMax dvd.

Silverpsycho
01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I love the Dawn of the Dead soundtrack and unreleased tracks albums, but if both 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are incorporated into the mix...I absolutely love those soundtracks and I listen to them more than anything else. The 28 film soundtracks are the only ones that have caught that haunting apocalyptic nature. It really is scary listening to them and having your imagination get carried away.

spindrift68
01-29-2008, 10:19 PM
My favorite soundtrack is Night-68, followed by Day-85, followed by Dawn-78.

MaDMaNMaRz
08-25-2008, 10:42 PM
I think Fabio Frizzi's score for City of the Living Dead is one of the greatest of all-time. I was listening to it earlier today, and it's pretty creepy sounding.

spindrift68
08-25-2008, 11:08 PM
I keep passing City of the Living Dead at Best Buy, but have never picked it up.

Twisted Sister
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Dawn of the Dead (remake) was great (the use of Johnny Cash's The Man Comes Around was cool)....the original "Zombie"'s simple "walking" sound was great, although I don't know about a soundtrack/score.
28 Days Later score is awesome....if you call it a Zombie flick, which I don't. But it's scarier than hell - especially when home alone.

spindrift68
08-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, The Man Comes Around was awesome.

Khan
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I keep passing City of the Living Dead at Best Buy, but have never picked it up.

You should get it!

Dawn of the Dead (remake) was great (the use of Johnny Cash's The Man Comes Around was cool)....the original "Zombie"'s simple "walking" sound was great, although I don't know about a soundtrack/score.

You would like Goblin's score for the original.

MaDMaNMaRz
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM

You should pick it up the next time you're at Best Buy. You're really missing out!

Torgo
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Return of the Living Dead.

It's just so 80s. I do love the score to Dawn of the Dead tho. Even the library tracks.

Twisted Sister
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
You would like Goblin's score for the original.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize Goblin did the score for the original, and I own it. How sad! I loved how they did Suspiria. A co-worker burned me a collection of their music, I'll have to find it.

Khan
08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
A guilty pleasure of mine is the mall music, also known as The Gonk. :)

Twisted Sister
08-26-2008, 04:29 PM
That's cool :) lol

jbyrd123
10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Day of the Dead is good and the same with Dawn, but I gotta go with Return of the Living Dead. Gotta love them Punk beats!!!!I totally agree with you on this one.

Twisted Sister
10-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Return is an awesome soundtrack, I love the Tall Boys doing Take a Walk, and of course, Roky Erickson doing Burn the Flames.

Movie Scores is something else though. I just found GWAR doing a tribute to "Zombie", using the theme. Awesome.

Psych0ticNemes1s
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Well, I know there is a debate about whether "28 Days Later" is a zombie film, but I really like the music from that film. It leaves the audience with mixed emotions, as if impending doom is upon us yet there is small glimpse hope for survival.

Twisted Sister
10-06-2008, 07:10 PM
I agree, the soundtrack/score is a great buy. I remember buying that and being home alone, listening to that one at night, yikes. :)

sharkboy
10-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Return for sure.....nothin' beats 'Surfin' Dead'

Count_Sarge
11-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Dawn of the Dead Unreleased soundtrack

Dawn of the Dead soundtrak by Goblin

Day of the Dead soundtrack by John Harrision.

I just love those 2 vocal songs in the end!:bow:

MattyHusted
11-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Zombi Dawn of the dead OST by goblin is one of my fav osts of all time
second only to the shaun of the dead ost