PDA

View Full Version : This mask (opinions)

scream_sayonara
06-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey guys, I'm thinkin about buyin a mask but I cant decide whether it is by a person who doesnt know the Halloween franchise or if it's supposed to be a Halloween 5 mask give you opinions. Even if it sucks, its fun to looks at..:p

KruegerLives
06-26-2005, 08:04 AM
It certainly looks similar to the H5 mask but I'm not to sure if it is official. ;)

Todd
06-26-2005, 08:30 AM
It looks more like the H6 mask that was released several years ago. I wouldn't pay too much for it.

scream_sayonara
06-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by thetodd
It looks more like the H6 mask that was released several years ago. I wouldn't pay too much for it.
O i wont pay too much. The only reason Im considering is because it's so cheap

Ashleigh
06-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm just going to move this to the right forum. ;)

Oneilmyers78
06-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Thats an illusive concepts mask.

Mr.Garrett81
06-26-2005, 01:26 PM
I think it looks like a POS. You shouldn't pay too much for it. You could find a better one for sale at any good costume store around Halloween time.

MyersFan75
06-26-2005, 02:48 PM
It's an IC Mask - these are not very good in size and quality, but if you want it, take it.
Certainly a dirt cheap bid to start out with...

;)

punkrocklove
06-26-2005, 03:03 PM
its funny how the mask starts at a $0.50 bid but postage is $8

Oneilmyers78
06-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Actually that mask is a big thick piece of crap so It's kind of heavy

MyersFan75
06-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by punkrocklove
its funny how the mask starts at a $0.50 bid but postage is $8

Haha, yeah.
Just a little bit messed up there...

;)

TheShape2005
06-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
Haha, yeah.
Just a little bit messed up there...

;)

that is indeed weird!

sorry to ask I don't know my masks all to well but what is the IC mask?

never heard of that one! I've heard of some of the H1 and H2 masks but not that one?

Oneilmyers78
06-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Ilussive concepts mask. designed to look like the halloween 6 mask. Came out very horrible. This mask is huge. It is too big to be worn. Has little blue bumps all over and the lips are of a blue grey color. And to top it off it has eye screens! He mentioned 8 for shipping. I can see the mask actually costing 8 to ship. It is a very large mask and is a bit heavy for a myers mask. A very thick casting.

myers2004
06-27-2005, 05:29 AM
i saw this a few years ago and hated it but for the price of it why not. dont care for the blood to it but you really cant go wrong even with the 8$ shipping cause as was said it is one thick mask and heavy as hell. i hated the look of it as was said the bumps and the screeners suck and it is way to big my bro has a huge head and even he couldnt wear the dang thing. good as just a collectable item for display though.

Michaeleon
06-28-2005, 08:29 AM
It's blue-lipped Myers with some crafty blood smears!

While I hate the mask I'll admit that the seller took a nice angled snapshot of it.

stnthmn
06-28-2005, 09:40 PM
In my opinion, any Myers mask you see at a party or Halloween store is crap. They are neat to look at on display but that's about it. If you are looking for a mask because you are going to a party then those store bought masks are just fine. My biggest problem with them is that they are thin, too big and do not hold shape well. I had bouht a few masks from party stores a few years back and they are not that great. I only bought them because I am a Halloween collector. Once I bought my trick-or-treat mask I will never go back. If you are looking for a mask to have for a few years and display then go with a fan made mask. Trust me. Also, most of teh mask maskers are pretty cool people.

Nightmareman88
06-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Thats the worst Myers mask to ever come by, if you wanna get a mask with a "cheap price" then you can buy them here
http://www.jackintheboxmasks.com/main.html

scream_sayonara
06-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Nightmareman88
Thats the worst Myers mask to ever come by, if you wanna get a mask with a "cheap price" then you can buy them here
http://www.jackintheboxmasks.com/main.html
Yeh, Im getting one from there for $90, but $90 is alot more than $0.50 which was the starting bid on that mask

Nightmareman88
06-29-2005, 12:51 PM
yes but masks are expensive

myers2004
08-15-2005, 03:04 PM
did you end up getting that mask scream? i wanted to bid on it just to use on halloween or as a display piece that wouldnt be abig deal if it got ruined. i love the masks in that jack in the box site going to have to start buying alot of them ones especially at them prices. has anyone else bought from there and how good are they?

scream_sayonara
08-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by myers2004
did you end up getting that mask scream? i wanted to bid on it just to use on halloween or as a display piece that wouldnt be abig deal if it got ruined. i love the masks in that jack in the box site going to have to start buying alot of them ones especially at them prices. has anyone else bought from there and how good are they?
no i didnt bid on it

and YES i just bought i mask from JITB and recieved it last week.....some pictures are in the "Should I GO for the mask" thread.....and the "Halloween Collection Room II" thread too.

and as far as the mask quality, you might/probably will hear people in here say that the quality is mediocre/worth the price and that Terry from CGP is a better artist, but Andrew is just such a great guy who always lets ya know exactly whats goin on gives you the details...and i dunno if there is a price for security in your provider...i sure as hell, will go back;)

yensed
08-15-2005, 09:05 PM
That has to to the the worst myers mask i have ever seen.. Not only does it look like Michael Jackson, but it looks really long and big..

scream_sayonara
08-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by yensed
That has to to the the worst myers mask i have ever seen.. Not only does it look like Michael Jackson, but it looks really long and big..
:) I wouldnt quite go that far...if its modeled after the H5 mask, it isnt that terrible......ive seen masks that are much, much worse

HERE IS ONE THATS MUCH WORSE

yensed
08-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by scream_sayonara
:) I wouldnt quite go that far...if its modeled after the H5 mask, it isnt that terrible......ive seen masks that are much, much worse

HERE IS ONE THATS MUCH WORSE I stand corrected;) .

Nightmareman88
08-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Thats the Butcher mask made by Justin at Nightowl
I like it I think its creepy looking

writer93
08-16-2005, 04:44 AM
yeah, its creepy!

MrTaft
08-16-2005, 05:15 AM
This mask is also from Jack in the Box and I am considering buying it. It is the Ben Tramer mask and at $70 shipped, I feel that is a pretty good deal. Any thoughts from our mask experts here?

myers2004
08-16-2005, 05:19 AM
that looks like alot of the women in my town except no facial hair. it is pretty scary looking though but not what id call a great mask. think killing machine will be the first one i buy from there and hopefully ill get the darn first paycheck from wal-mart soon so i can get that and my p-cut of part 6

Nightmareman88
08-16-2005, 06:10 AM
Yes its good exept that the Ben tramer mask was actully painted in silver

MMyers89
08-16-2005, 10:51 AM
no i didnt bid on it

and YES i just bought i mask from JITB and recieved it last week.....some pictures are in the "Should I GO for the mask" thread.....and the "Halloween Collection Room II" thread too.

and as far as the mask quality, you might/probably will hear people in here say that the quality is mediocre/worth the price and that Terry from CGP is a better artist, but Andrew is just such a great guy who always lets ya know exactly whats goin on gives you the details...and i dunno if there is a price for security in your provider...i sure as hell, will go back;)

Shit dude, I think the quality is great from JITB, now, granted I am not a hardcore collector, but I think no one would be dissapointed by JITB.

jackinthebox600
08-16-2005, 03:33 PM
By the way, new Nemesis H4 Version is out at www.jackintheboxmasks.com

scream_sayonara
08-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by MMyers89
Shit dude, I think the quality is great from JITB, now, granted I am not a hardcore collector, but I think no one would be dissapointed by JITB.

I said that i was very satisfied in mine and that im definately going back......I was telling him not to listen to the guys who say that the quality isnt as good as Terry's from CGP....cuz i loved mine...and faith/comfort in your provider is too much to put a price on.....

EDIT: and since we're on the subject, Sean, you should definately post some of those pics of u wearing your mask for JITB...especially the one with teh socks.:p ....creepy.....

and i was gone today and was thinkin about how much we post in the "listenin" thread and stopped by a couple minutes ago to see Rae's post about how you have like 140 posts, and i have 100 myself in that thread.....i never knew that it was a big deal tho...:p

scream_sayonara
08-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by jackinthebox600
By the way, new Nemesis H4 Version is out at www.jackintheboxmasks.com
thats great!... i didnt think you'd have it out this fast

MMyers89
08-17-2005, 08:26 AM
I said that i was very satisfied in mine and that im definately going back......I was telling him not to listen to the guys who say that the quality isnt as good as Terry's from CGP....cuz i loved mine...and faith/comfort in your provider is too much to put a price on.....

I know, I was just backin that up even further by saying that I think the quality is great.

jackinthebox600
08-19-2005, 07:16 AM
I wonder what happened to the original H4 mask...I bet it fell apart and is in the garbage somewhere!

Nightmareman88
08-19-2005, 07:26 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the mask was completly wrecked in the end of H4

myers2004
08-19-2005, 07:30 AM
id still have taken it all wrecked or not. what an item to have.

jackinthebox600
08-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Very true....i would make that my number one mask!!!

myers2004
08-19-2005, 08:14 AM
have to say might not be the best looking thing to display but what a piece to brag about.

myers2004
08-19-2005, 08:27 AM
and wanted to see if it is the one im thinking. it is the one they put out of part six thats the oversized mask isnt it? hope fully someone will know i hate the looks of it but might still try and add it to the collection http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/chillsad/myersl.JPG?allow_track_link=1&track=022fa37d2a-4fbe7&sp=1

Nightmareman88
08-19-2005, 08:40 AM
uuh thats the mask everyone hates the Illusive concept mask wich looks a cross between a hooker and a fish:p

donīt buy it! its terribal looking an awfull mask trying to look like the H6 mask

myers2004
08-19-2005, 10:23 AM
uuh thats the mask everyone hates the Illusive concept mask wich looks a cross between a hooker and a fish:p

donīt buy it! its terribal looking an awfull mask trying to look like the H6 mask

totally agree that its one hell of an ugly mask but i still want to get any and all masks i can get no matter how ugly they are. i almsot bought this a few years ago for 20$ but told em it was to ugly to buy for even thta price and now wish i had just to have it and not buy it for more. plus it might scare more of the people in my town cause alot of them look like the cross between hookers and fish.

scion05
08-22-2005, 02:38 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the mask was completly wrecked in the end of H4

almost, from what ive heard dwight h little let alot of people try the mask on and it became streched and ugly.

by the way i love ur new banner jcbrandy is NICE lol :p

BONES
09-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Monday I'm ordering the Heretic Edition from JITB and I have to say Andrew has been great what a great guy they got my vote for bisness