PDA

View Full Version : Tonight IFC Has A Zombie Movie Marathon!

DarknessBDJM
06-23-2005, 05:40 PM
I forgot to post this earlier.

It starts as 8:30 P.M..

Dawn of the Dead.
The Making of Land of the Dead.
Dead Alive/Brain Dead.
Night of the Living Dead 1968.
The Making of Land of the Dead.
Dead Alive/Brain Dead.
And at 6:00 in the morning Dawn of the Dead plays again.

IFC always shows their films uncut too.

Superman
06-23-2005, 05:41 PM
What is IFC?:confused:

Mojo
06-23-2005, 05:45 PM
IFC is the Independent Film Channel. It's a great source for independent films, along with the Sundance channel.

Superman
06-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Mojo
IFC is the Independent Film Channel. It's a great source for independent films, along with the Sundance channel. Nope..we don't get those channels around here. :( Oh well...no zombie movies for me tonight.

boogeyman87
06-23-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm watching Dawn of the Dead as I type. What a nice film. Can anyone tell me if Dead Alive is a good zombie film to watch?

Superman
06-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
I'm watching Dawn of the Dead as I type. What a nice film. Can anyone tell me if Dead Alive is a good zombie film to watch? I sure hope it's a better movie then the member who shares the same name was when he was on here.

NeewollaH
06-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow, the one time I actually want to watch IFC, it turns out I don't get it on my cable anymore. Bastards..I was really feeling for Dead Alive tonight. :mad:

Mojo
06-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
I'm watching Dawn of the Dead as I type. What a nice film. Can anyone tell me if Dead Alive is a good zombie film to watch?

Dead Alive is a lot like Shaun of the Dead in a way -- it's a romantic comedy with zombies. But it's got a lot more gore and a lot more silliness. It's also directed by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson. If you like silly funny zombie movies, it's good :)

DarknessBDJM
06-24-2005, 01:55 AM
IFC is an excellent channel for horror movies when they show them. hell they had The Vanishing on earlier that day (some of you may remember that movie from the Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments list). IFC has shown those movies, Re-Animator, TCM (with and without commentary and post-movie dvd features), Halloween, Evil Dead, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Alone in the Dark (the 1982 film), The Burning, Day of the Dead, and a lot more, all uncut and letterboxed and with trivia before and after the movies

Silverpsycho
06-25-2005, 02:51 AM
I watched some of the marathon yesterday to get all hyped up for Land. It was my first time catching Dead Alive and it turned out to be 100% different than what I was expecting. From all the gore and stuff I had been hearing about, I was expecting something dark and creepy...rather than comedic and gross. Either way, I thought it was great and now my little brother wants the soundtrack...LOL. Some of the parts had us rolling, while other parts simply had my stomach churning...great stuff. :)

Also, The Land of the Dead special entitled "Dream of the Dead" was awesome to watch. Roy Frumkes is a great guy after having watched the documentary for Dawn of the Dead and seeing just how much he praises Romero for his work. His new documentary is great and was a nice taste before seeing Land in the theatre...although it is much shorter than "Document of the Dead." After watching "Dream of the Dead," I am thinking it will most likely end up as a bonus feature on the dvd since its length seems as though it was designed just for that...a behind-the-scenes goodie. So if you don't get IFC, then don't feel down about it because it will most likely be made available on the dvd.

DarknessBDJM
06-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I forgot that they show Martin and Assault on Precinct 13 sometimes.

Silverpsycho
06-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Wow, I didn't know they show those films. I will have to look for them both. I already own Martin on dvd and I love it, but I still have yet to see Assault on Precinct 13. I have never seen either version, but I would of course like to see the original first.