PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Zombie Flesh eater movie?

Beau
09-25-2004, 03:55 AM
My favorite Zombie Flesh eater movie would have to be the first.
I liked it because of the graphicness....the blood and guts :D
Also the ending was very surprising seeing the Zombies slowing walking on the brooklyn Bridge heading for Time Square.

What's your favorite Zombie Flesh eater movie?

totempoll
09-25-2004, 07:47 AM
lol nice avater chucky

MichaelMyers
09-25-2004, 09:14 AM
original

Donnie Darko
09-25-2004, 09:20 AM
im slippin'

ive only seen the original, and id never seen it till about 3 or 4 months ago. so time might bring another answer to which i like best.

i LOVE that soundtrack, its truly awesome.

Blackesteyes
09-26-2004, 11:06 AM
I own the first wo but i still aint watched the 2nd, so im goin wit the the first for now.

Dead Alive
10-28-2004, 12:50 PM
day of the dead...it really evolved the way the zombies act...as if they learn like Bub (classic zombie may i add) but one thing about day of the dead...why did they try and capture zombies instead of leaving them and possibly surviving until they die of old age?

Blackesteyes
11-04-2004, 04:39 AM
Day of the Dead wasnt really "flesh eaters" although i suppose if flesh eaters was a quasi sequel it kinda counts, unless it was Dawn, shit i cant believe ive forgotten that.

Adam Hopkins
11-07-2004, 07:33 AM
my favourite zombie flesh eater film is Dawn of the Dead (Remake) because in the first five minutes of the film before it even says Dawn of the Dead more than five people were bloody, beaten and gutless and besides I was in it

Blinkant
11-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Dawn of the dead remake isn't a ZFE film. I suppose you could call the original film one, but If we're talking about ZFE, it should only be ZFE 1 - 3. After all, they are the only films with ZFE in the title.

My fav is number 2.

Chomp_on_this
11-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Zombie Flesh Eaters aka Zombi 2 is Fulci's UNOFFICIAL sequal to Zombi(The European version of Dawn of the Dead). It was the only ZFE movie I could stomach. The rest of them just seemed like utter garbage.

Yes, even with Jinxed warning me about the later movies in this franchise, I still saw them...what a mistake.

Donnie Darko
11-07-2004, 05:24 PM
ok thanks, that explains alot.

ive been thinking we were talking about Zombi with the shark and shit. i rented ZFE last night and made a copy of it, i havent seen it yet but im sure i will in the next few nights.
especially now i know its part 2 to zombi.

Chomp_on_this
11-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko
ok thanks, that explains alot.

ive been thinking we were talking about Zombi with the shark and shit. i rented ZFE last night and made a copy of it, i havent seen it yet but im sure i will in the next few nights.
especially now i know its part 2 to zombi.

Whoa, whoa...Zombi is the European version of Dawn of the Dead
Zombi 2 aka Zombie Flesh Eaters(same movie, different name) had the shark and shit.

If you have seen the shark attacking zombie then you've seen ZFE.

Donnie Darko
11-07-2004, 05:35 PM
ok, in simple terms, ive got this movie (shark attacking and splinter)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005U128.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and i rented this one, one of those 4 in 1 deals
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007G1UR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

thats why i was confused

i never knew the affiliation

Chomp_on_this
11-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Oh yea, I forgot to mention...Zombi 2 a.k.a. Zombie Flesh Eater is ALSO a.k.a. ZOMBIE...LoL.

So yea...Zombi 2, Zombie Flesh Eater, and Zombie are all the same movie with the same shark attacking zombie and eye splinter in it.

LoL..I hope were all straight, and I didnt confuse anyone!

Donnie Darko
11-07-2004, 05:47 PM
what a mess of names that is.

i see the point youre getting at though, im no longer confused. haha

Femanizer
11-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah that whole title thing is one huge mess.

I finally figured it all out myself a week ago :) and by the way, Loved Loved Loved Zombie aka Zombi 2 aka Zombie Flesh Eaters

Jinxed
12-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
Zombie Flesh Eaters aka Zombi 2 is Fulci's UNOFFICIAL sequal to Zombi(The European version of Dawn of the Dead). It was the only ZFE movie I could stomach. The rest of them just seemed like utter garbage.

Yes, even with Jinxed warning me about the later movies in this franchise, I still saw them...what a mistake.

Oh man, thanks for getting this thread situated chomp dog. There has been alot of mistakes going on, good work.
But yeah the flesh eater movies (besides 1 and 2) are trash (IMO) when I say flesh eater I mean Zombie 3,4,5 and 6, yes chomp there is a 6 and holy shit balls what a piece of work that is....Jesus chist I think us zombie buff's could take a 8mm camcorder and a gallon of blood and make a better film then the sequals...hehe

zombie commando
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
I could make a better film than the sequels after Zombie 2 with popsicle sticks, a sock puppet, and a gallon of ketchup.

Maxvayne
12-09-2004, 05:38 PM
I didn't like Zombi 2, and I'm not gonna bother with the rest of them, but I want to give Zombi 2 a try again after being the garbage I thought it was.

chuxdigital
12-10-2004, 04:28 AM
Zombie Flesh-Eaters:

1. Zombi (or "Zombie: Dawn of the Dead," Argento's cut of Romero's film)
2. Zombi 2 (AKA "Zombie Flesh-Eaters," Fulci's film... shark attack and splinter)
3. Zombi 3 (AKA "Zombie Flesh-Eaters 2," Fulci's second contribution)
4. Zombie 4: After Death (AKA "Zombie Flesh Eaters 3," directed by Claudio Fragasso, writer of "Zombi 3")
5. Zombie 5: Killing Birds (I refuse to believe that this is part of the ZFE films since it was made in 1987 and "Zombie 4" came out in 1988, but count it if you want... Shriek Show does)

Even though Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" is a superior film, I don't like Argento's cut of it. "Zombi 3" is tolerable, "Z4: After Death" is out-of-control bad, and "Z5: Killing Birds" I don't count. My favorite ZFE film is... bing! "Zombi 2," like most people.

Beau
12-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by chuxdigital
Zombie Flesh-Eaters:

2. Zombi 2 (AKA "Zombie Flesh-Eaters," Fulci's film... shark attack and splinter)
3. Zombi 3 (AKA "Zombie Flesh-Eaters 2," Fulci's second contribution)
4. Zombie 4: After Death (AKA "Zombie Flesh Eaters 3," directed by Claudio Fragasso, writer of "Zombi 3")
5. Zombie 5: Killing Birds (I refuse to believe that this is part of the ZFE films since it was made in 1987 and "Zombie 4" came out in 1988, but count it if you want... Shriek Show does)

Even though Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" is a superior film, I don't like Argento's cut of it. "Zombi 3" is tolerable, "Z4: After Death" is out-of-control bad, and "Z5: Killing Birds" I don't count. My favorite ZFE film is... bing! "Zombi 2," like most people.

Thanks for telling me, i was confused in which was which, thanks again.

Creepingmouth
12-10-2004, 10:10 AM
I like Zombi 2,it is not good like a Romero's movie but is quite good the same.One of Fulci's best work.

Chomp_on_this
12-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Zombie Flesh-Eaters:

But Zombi is NOT part of the Zombie Flesh-Eaters series of films.

I think you must have left that out.

Speaking of Zombi 2...Anybody nab that AB 25th Anniversary 2 Disc DVD? I am a little hesitant of getting it, since I already own the 1 Disc. I am not a HUGE fan of the film, but I like to watch it for shits and giggles.

Anybody that has it, feel free to review the DVD. I am very interested.

Maxvayne
12-11-2004, 04:27 PM

Speaking of Zombi 2...Anybody nab that AB 25th Anniversary 2 Disc DVD? I am a little hesitant of getting it, since I already own the 1 Disc. I am not a HUGE fan of the film, but I like to watch it for shits and giggles.

The 2 disk is from Shriek Show,Media Blasters. AB don't own the rights anymore, Nor dose Shriek Show. Which is funny because Blue Underground owns it and had to fight in court to prove it. Just remember, the DVD won't be out there forever, so I think me and you need to pick it up.;)

chuxdigital
12-12-2004, 01:53 AM
But Zombi is NOT part of the Zombie Flesh-Eaters series of films.

I think you must have left that out. so the ZFE series is what then? Zombi 2, Zombi 3, and Zombie 4? if you look inside the parenthesis of each title of my list, it shows which ones are also-known-as ZFE. i thought i'd throw in number 1 for good measure.

Chomp_on_this
12-12-2004, 07:41 PM
so the ZFE series is what then? Zombi 2, Zombi 3, and Zombie 4?

Yea, except there is a 5th and 6th one also.

if you look inside the parenthesis of each title of my list, it shows which ones are also-known-as ZFE. i thought i'd throw in number 1 for good measure.

Zombie Flesh-Eaters:

Oh, I guess since you put Zombie Flesh-Eaters: at the top of your post, then you listed Zombi right underneath it, I thought you referring Zombi as part of the ZFE series; which it is not. Just remember Zombi 2 is Fulci's UNOFFICIAL sequal to the European cut of Dawn of the Dead.

Originally posted by Maxvayne
The 2 disk is from Shriek Show,Media Blasters. AB don't own the rights anymore, Nor dose Shriek Show. Which is funny because Blue Underground owns it and had to fight in court to prove it. Just remember, the DVD won't be out there forever, so I think me and you need to pick it up.;)

Ahhh...thanks for clearing that up. Yea, I think I may purchase it then. But I still think the cover art from the Anchor Bay DVD is better.

zombie commando
12-13-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm tempted to buy it for the cover art alone. The movie is great as well if you're a zombie nut of my calibre.

Dead Alive
12-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Zombie rulez...especially when the shark gets chunked...i wonder what happened to it?

Blackesteyes
12-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Did you know that when they were filming that scene, they told the stunt swimmer zombie guy that they had "mildly sedated" the shark. They lied.

the 'M' clam
08-14-2011, 09:16 AM
I love the first film the best, 2nd film quite good for a sequel & I hate the 3rd film it's just pure shit!

MyersCult81
11-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I've only seen the first film and I love it. It's my second favorite zombie film of all time. It would be the best if not for the bad dubbing.