PDA

View Full Version : Halloween III Cochran Action Figure MOC



end-of-summer
06-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Hello all. I haven't posted anything in a while, so I thought I'd show you guys my custom-made Cochran action figure Mint on Card. It has both a printed front and back, complete with UPC bar code! :D I had a lot of fun making it, and I'm thinking about putting it up on ebay to see what kind of interest it generates. I'll let you know if I do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/cochran.jpg

Superman
06-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Pretty cool. I'd probally buy it. What figure did you use to make it?

Did you use a Phantom of the Opera figure?

MyersFan75
06-12-2005, 10:46 AM
That is pretty neat...what was it before you changed it?

Franchise
06-12-2005, 10:46 AM
That's pretty cool right there. I'd believe it was a figure made back in the early 80's if you'd have told me that.

Superman
06-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Very nice job, but one thread is probally enough. :)


http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5055

H-Field Hero
06-12-2005, 11:05 AM
haha man thats funny. I can picture two things happening if you put it on ebay.

1) At least one person being dumb enough to bid on it and 2) someone from this board (who missed this thread) creating a thread saying "holy shit, look what this idiot is trying to sell" :D.

Superman
06-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
haha man thats funny. I can picture two things happening if you put it on ebay.

1) At least one person being dumb enough to bid on it and 2) someone from this board (who missed this thread) creating a thread saying "holy shit, look what this idiot is trying to sell" :D. Why would someone be dumb if they bid on it? People add custome...figures in this case...to their collections all the time.

Roswell
06-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by end-of-summer
Hello all. I thought I'd show you guys my custom-made Cochran action figure Mint on Card. It has both a printed front and back, complete with UPC bar code! :D I had a lot of fun making it, and I'm thinking about putting it up on ebay to see what kind of interest it generates. I'll let you know if I do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/cochran.jpg

You should make a "Little Buddy" one.

Mojo
06-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Wow! Great work on that! What'd you use as the base figure?

MyersFan927
06-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Man, that rocks! Very nice job putting everything together. How much are you charging for a copy?

fanatic986
06-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Looks to me like Lon Chaney's Phantom of the Opera was the base.

MyersFan927
06-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
That's pretty cool right there. I'd believe it was a figure made back in the early 80's if you'd have told me that.

Definitely, doesn't it? Looks very professional.

end-of-summer
06-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the comments. Yes, it is a repainted Phantom figure from Remco. The outfit looked quite similar to Cochran's suite. I figured I would try to make it resemble him as best I could. I simply repainted his face and hands with skin tone paint. That was the simple part. Making the card was more difficult, but fun as well.

Icebreaker_8605
06-12-2005, 03:06 PM
I like it! :) It looks terrific; looks like it's actually been in the market for sale. Great job!

end-of-summer
06-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by fanatic986
Looks to me like Lon Chaney's Phantom of the Opera was the base.

You are correct! ;)

end-of-summer
06-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Man, that rocks! Very nice job putting everything together. How much are you charging for a copy?

I'm not sure how much I'd charge for one. That's the main reason I might do another one and put it up on ebay - just for fun. I'll let you know if I do this. First I have to find another Phantom figure to repaint, and next time I'm going to repaint him more accurately if I can.

I finally downloaded the Halloween III trailers. Man, I love the teaser trailer! It has a creepy feel to it. Thanks for making it available. Where did you obtain it? A dvd release?

MrTaft
06-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Mmm, quite good! Do consider selling it to one of us before putting it on eBay, eh? :p

MischievousSpirit
06-12-2005, 05:19 PM
You should make a Dan Challis one, and have it come with a fake beer bottle to fit in his hand. Also an Ellie one with removeable clothes that has her lingerie, and regular clothes! And a bunch of Assassins! :D

end-of-summer
06-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by MischievousSpirit
You should make a Dan Challis one, and have it come with a fake beer bottle to fit in his hand. Also an Ellie one with removeable clothes that has her lingerie, and regular clothes! And a bunch of Assassins! :D

Hmmmm. That would be cool. I haven't actually tried to make custom horror action figures, and this one was sort of an accident. It is quite possible to make other characters. I just wish some company would make a 3 3/4" Michael figure. Then I could make a Halloween cardback to mount him on. :)

SLAB
06-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by MischievousSpirit
And a bunch of Assassins! :D

Just get a bunch of "Agent" figures from "The Matrix". ;)

H-Field Hero
06-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Superman
Why would someone be dumb if they bid on it? People add custome...figures in this case...to their collections all the time. collections are for collectables. This isn't a collectable, it's a fake... a mighty damn good looking fake I might add, but still not a collectable.

MyersFan927
06-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by end-of-summer
I finally downloaded the Halloween III trailers. Man, I love the teaser trailer! It has a creepy feel to it. Thanks for making it available. Where did you obtain it? A dvd release?

The teaser trailer had been made available by a member named Starker. He has the Australian DVD. As for the actual theatrical trailer, a friend gave me a copy on DVD-R. He found it on an old tape containing original trailers for John Carpenter movies.

Chaosboy
06-12-2005, 07:15 PM
that is some really great work!!......hope you keep it up!!!
I have a request.....do a two figure set of : Jimmy and Ol' Bud!!

Rock On!

chaos

Superman
06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
collections are for collectables. This isn't a collectable, it's a fake... a mighty damn good looking fake I might add, but still not a collectable. Sure it is.....if only one is made then it would be a great addition to someones collection. I have seen very good Star Wars customs and they look great with the other figures in the collection.

end-of-summer
06-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Superman
Sure it is.....if only one is made then it would be a great addition to someones collection. I have seen very good Star Wars customs and they look great with the other figures in the collection.

I make Star Wars customs too. They're my speciality. Before I did the Cochran toy I made a zombie MOC figure based on Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE. You can see the pics in this thread:

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5058

Superman
06-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by end-of-summer
I make Star Wars customs too. They're my speciality. Before I did the Cochran toy I made a zombie MOC figure based on Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE. You can see the pics in this thread:

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5058 I would love to see some of your Star Wars customs.

Silverpsycho
06-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Holy crap end-of-summer! Your stuff looks amazing! The packaging you come up with really looks authentic! I would love to see some Dawn of the Dead 1978 figures come out of you! :D Man, I would love to be able to put together stuff like that. Around how much does the packaging cost and how do you go about putting it together?

Once again, job well done! I really, really would love to see more of your stuff you have done.

end-of-summer
06-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Superman
I would love to see some of your Star Wars customs.

Here are just a few I've made over time. :D I specialize in making custom reproductions of vintage foreign carded figures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/ig88-esbmeccano.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/atatdriver-8d8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/goldgang.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/c3porunupdate.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/vadervotc2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/vcjawacanada3.jpg

end-of-summer
06-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
Holy crap end-of-summer! Your stuff looks amazing! The packaging you come up with really looks authentic! I would love to see some Dawn of the Dead 1978 figures come out of you! :D Man, I would love to be able to put together stuff like that. Around how much does the packaging cost and how do you go about putting it together?

Once again, job well done! I really, really would love to see more of your stuff you have done.

A typical package costs me less than $4.00. Basically, I print out the front and back of the card. Then I mount the 2 sheets onto cardstock using a spray adhesive. After that I cut out the card and round the corners with a corner rounder. It's really quite simple once you've done it for a while. It takes practice.

Here are some Dawn of the Dead cardback templates that I have ready for action figures. Now all I need to do is try to see if there are any suitable figures out there for customizing. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/flyboytest-ffurg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/roger-ffurg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/apzombie-ffurg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/heroescard-ffurg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/girlzombie-ffurg.jpg

Here is the backside of the card:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/dawnback2-ffurg.jpg

myers2004
06-14-2005, 09:00 AM
id still like to get one so count me as one of the stupid ones. i buy alot of so called crap all the time to add new lil things to my collection. saw a figure from the cristmas tree shop a woman had last night and will be trying to add one of them too.

Superman
06-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Very nice figures. I like the cards. :)

Michaeleon
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I love that Cochran figure, EOS. :)

And those cards for Dawn of the Dead look mighty fine. Hopefully, you'll be able to find some figures with similar contours for customization.

Silverpsycho
06-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by end-of-summer
A typical package costs me less than $4.00. Basically, I print out the front and back of the card. Then I mount the 2 sheets onto cardstock using a spray adhesive. After that I cut out the card and round the corners with a corner rounder. It's really quite simple once you've done it for a while. It takes practice.

Here are some Dawn of the Dead cardback templates that I have ready for action figures. Now all I need to do is try to see if there are any suitable figures out there for customizing. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/flyboytest-ffurg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/roger-ffurg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/apzombie-ffurg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/heroescard-ffurg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/girlzombie-ffurg.jpg

Here is the backside of the card:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/meccano-man/dawnback2-ffurg.jpg
Wowee!!! I would buy those in a heartbeat! I am obsessed with the original Dawn, so if you do end up putting those figures together...I would surely buy one! Heck, I would buy the packaging from you and then just worry about making the figures myself. Extremely nice job on those! ;)