PDA

View Full Version : George A. Romero's City of the Dead

Rabbit in Red
06-05-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm really suprised with all the hype for Land that this hasn't been touched on more.

Since the first time I popped in Resident Evil, capping a zombie between the peepers and sending him down for the final time, there has always been a small voice in the back of my head saying, “This is good, but it’s definitely not Dawn of the Dead”. Well ladies and gentleman, those gamers sharing my sentiment are in luck, as Kuju Interactive and Hip Games are primed and ready, along with the help of George A. Romero, to unleash City of the Dead.

Haled as the master of zombie films, George A. Romero set the standard for the image of the undead with the 1968 flick, Night of the Living Dead. Spawning the sequels Day and Dawn of the Dead, with the newest installment Land of the Dead set to hit theatres this summer, it is clear that horror fans are ready for the dead to rise again.

As I sat down with City of the Dead, expectations high due to my love of Romero’s films, the first thing that struck me about the game was the main character. Fans of the Romero films, as well as many other classic horror titles, will be quick to recognize one of the game’s main characters. Tom Savini, special effects creator to the gods, lends both his voice and likeness as one of the game’s main characters. Players will be taking control of several different “regular joes”, as the city they inhabit has been overrun with the undead. For the E3 demo, Savini’s character was the only character playable.

Slapshot
06-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit in Red
I'm really suprised with all the hype for Land that this hasn't been touched on more.

Since the first time I popped in Resident Evil, capping a zombie between the peepers and sending him down for the final time, there has always been a small voice in the back of my head saying, “This is good, but it’s definitely not Dawn of the Dead”. Well ladies and gentleman, those gamers sharing my sentiment are in luck, as Kuju Interactive and Hip Games are primed and ready, along with the help of George A. Romero, to unleash City of the Dead.

Haled as the master of zombie films, George A. Romero set the standard for the image of the undead with the 1968 flick, Night of the Living Dead. Spawning the sequels Day and Dawn of the Dead, with the newest installment Land of the Dead set to hit theatres this summer, it is clear that horror fans are ready for the dead to rise again.

As I sat down with City of the Dead, expectations high due to my love of Romero’s films, the first thing that struck me about the game was the main character. Fans of the Romero films, as well as many other classic horror titles, will be quick to recognize one of the game’s main characters. Tom Savini, special effects creator to the gods, lends both his voice and likeness as one of the game’s main characters. Players will be taking control of several different “regular joes”, as the city they inhabit has been overrun with the undead. For the E3 demo, Savini’s character was the only character playable.

I think this goes in the Official Videogame Thread.

Creepingmouth
06-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit in Red

If I remember correctly the release date will be in 2006,there's still lot of time to talk about that game;all my hype now is focused on the following movies: Land of the Dead,Day of the Dead's remake and Worst Case Scenario

Rabbit in Red
06-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Ringu
I think this goes in the Official Videogame Thread.

Sorry I just thought that since this is specifically a Romero project it would go here. Move it or merge it or.....or...Tell it you love it, but send it to San Jose' because you can deal with it at the moment.