PDA

View Full Version : I guess it was inevitable...Day of the Dead to be remade.



Chomp_on_this
05-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Yea...

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=3941&Template=newsfull

Some of the boys behind the remakes of The Amityville Horror, Terror Train and The Wicker Man are back again and remaking George Romero's classic zombie splatterfest Day of the Dead, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Working with Nu Image and Millennium Films, Producers James Dudelson, Avi Lerner and Randall Emmett are bringing Romero's third zombie flick back to the big screen together. In the 1985 verison a small group of military officers and scientists dwell in an underground bunker as the world above is overrun by zombies.


All I have to say is, they better not fuck up with Bub. I'd rather have them not do the character at all, than to see him half-assed liked some of the stuff was done in the Dawn of the Dead Remake.

MichaelMyers
05-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I knew this would happen. I asked about it in another thread and here's my answer.

Chomp_on_this
05-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Hehe...nothing you can really do about it, except take it to the chin. There's no use in complaining about it, so might as well except the fact...

The main part that really hindered Day of the Dead from flopping extremely bad was the fact of the character Bub and his relationship with Logan...I really don't see how CURRENT horror film-makers could even come close to that connection and emotion from the original.

Donnie Darko
05-20-2005, 08:07 PM
remakes arent the worst thing possible, theres still always the original to watch just like old times. i just hate pointing out to everyone whos not "in the know" and sees a trailer that its an old movie thats better. half of the time they dont wanna believe you. at least thats my experience with Dawn.

its not the most upsetting news ive heard. more zombie gore i guess. what can i say, they have my ass in the seat just cause Day is the fuckin shit.

Slapshot
05-21-2005, 05:33 AM
Like you said, Remakes aren't the worst thing in the world. Some can be good and as we all know others not. But even if they fuck this one up as DD said, there's always the original and fans of the original won't hate DOTD because they are fans of the original. Let's just see where they go with this one, it could actually be good.

MMyers89
05-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Boy, I hope this is good. So, is it gonna be like a follow up to DAWN 04, with running zombies and such? Or will it be just a stand alone remake? I'd rather see it remade with the story of the old one, just modernized. Not as much different like the Dawn remake was.

atomic dog
05-21-2005, 12:05 PM
does this have anything to do with contagium (sp?)?

bloody_pumpkin
05-21-2005, 08:39 PM
well I don't give a shit about the remake. It may be good but It'll never be as good as the original day of the dead. anyway It's good that I have the special edition dvd of day of the dead.

Femanizer
05-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
does this have anything to do with contagium (sp?)?

Same company is making it, so it'll be shit. If Universal or someone was making it, I'd be all for it.

Blackesteyes
05-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Until i see some preview stuff on this im holding judgement, since i liked the Dawn remake. It will probably suck though.

zombie commando
05-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Cool. Even if it's a flop we have the old Day to fall back on. If it's kick ass we get a whole new cool zombie movie to sink our teeth into. I would rather see the guys that did Dawn 04 come back to remake Day, but I'll take what I can get....

Maxvayne
05-22-2005, 01:02 PM
NOOOOOOO.....{Darth Vader style}

FUCK 'EM FUCK 'EM FUCK THEM CUNTS....

Well, ok guy's, sure Dawn was decent, but this can't really be redone, so I guess we'll have not see this in the theater...You know, show the studios we mean business.

CHOKE ON IT!

Ravenheart
05-22-2005, 01:11 PM
I always found Day to be the weakest of the bunch so I'll probably check out the remake to see if its any better this time.

zombie commando
05-22-2005, 01:15 PM
I have yet to hear one good reason why they shouldn't remake films. Not a single one. Nada. Jumping on the remake hate wagon seems to be a popular move for fanboys, but I never quite understood what's so bad about remakes. Some of my favorite flicks are remakes. Remakes have been around as long as movies have been circulated. Hating on remakes simply because they are remakes is pure nonsense.

I'm going to laugh heartily if this film is good and people start changing their tune about it.....

Ravenheart
05-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
I have yet to hear one good reason why they shouldn't remake films. Not a single one. Nada. Jumping on the remake hate wagon seems to be a popular move for fanboys, but I never quite understood what's so bad about remakes. Some of my favorite flicks are remakes. Remakes have been around as long as movies have been circulated. Hating on remakes simply because they are remakes is pure nonsense.

I'm going to laugh heartily if this film is good and people start changing their tune about it.....


I know what you mean.I always have to laugh when news of a remake comes out and then all you hear is people complaining about it before they even see the movie.

Femanizer
05-22-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm not against remakes at all so I can see what you are saying.

I'm against THIS remake because the production company that is making it is some company no one ever heard of and it'll be lucky if it gets a DVD release and isn't straight to Cinemax.

Maxvayne
05-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
I have yet to hear one good reason why they shouldn't remake films. Not a single one. Nada. Jumping on the remake hate wagon seems to be a popular move for fanboys, but I never quite understood what's so bad about remakes. Some of my favorite flicks are remakes. Remakes have been around as long as movies have been circulated. Hating on remakes simply because they are remakes is pure nonsense.





I don't hate remakes in genral,you might think I do, but I don't. I love The Fly, I love Night of the Living Dead 1990 and I love more...


I was also being sarcastic...to an extent in my last post. I just see no point of remaking Day when it only has been 20 years after.

Here's some more reasons not too:

-Day was a box office bomb

-Trying to have a character parade around like Rhodes being all pissed off would be pretty ridiculous you have to admit, this day and age it couldn't be pulled off like it has in the eighty's.

-How would you honestly do Bub again?

-How would you honestly have the relationship between Logan and Bub work? (like said above)

-John Harrison's music was brilliant. When I think of Day I think of the Music, Savini's effect's, and the great characters.

-Effects, Savini effects, which are his best effect's done on film, still looks realistic today. That right there seems to be the thing that sticks with most horror fans about Day.

-They might take the Dawn route and just have it in an underground base, if so, we might be in for one long boring fuckin' movie.

-Trying to carry the social message of this film over.

-And last point....Remakes are more dried out then little girls with long black hair in Asian whore movies.

zombie commando
05-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
-Day was a box office bomb
Even better grounds for a revision.


-Trying to have a character parade around like Rhodes being all pissed off would be pretty ridiculous you have to admit, this day and age it couldn't be pulled off like it has in the eighty's.
Characters can't be pissed off, angry, assholes anymore?


-How would you honestly do Bub again?

The same way they did the original Bub. That actor is still around and kicking, and I bet he would love another crack at being Bub.


-How would you honestly have the relationship between Logan and Bub work? (like said above)

Easily. The same way they had them conversing in the original. What, you think that people can't act in Hollywood since the 80's?


-John Harrison's music was brilliant. When I think of Day I think of the Music, Savini's effect's, and the great characters.

OK, and what makes you think the make up won't be cool looking, and the soundtrack won't be cool? Dawn 04's soundtrack was pretty bad ass. It's not like a remake removes the original from the shelf. It's not like it overwrites it. Just consider it a different interpretation of the same play. Hamlet has been revisted more times than I can count, yet nobody complains about them remaking it after Shakespeare has long been devoured by vermin.


-Effects, Savini effects, which are his best effect's done on film, still looks realistic today. That right there seems to be the thing that sticks with most horror fans about Day.

The make up in Dawn 04 was amazing. The make up in Land of the Dead looks amazing. Savini didn't do either. There are more make up artists roaming aroud Hollywood today than ever that can make compelling looking zombies. They don't need Savini.


-They might take the Dawn route and just have it in an underground base, if so, we might be in for one long boring fuckin' movie.

Dawn 04 was the opposite of boring. If anything it focused too much on action. Besides, who wants to see the exact same story twice?


-Trying to carry the social message of this film over.

I'm sure they'll be different because of different times.


-And last point....Remakes are more dried out then little girls with long black hair in Asian whore movies. Negative. Do your research about the history of remakes then get back to me. They've been around since silent films. They will be around long after we are in the ground pushing up daisies. Yet again, I have yet to hear one compelling reason not to make this remake.

zombie commando
05-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Samhain1974
I'm not against remakes at all so I can see what you are saying.

I'm against THIS remake because the production company that is making it is some company no one ever heard of and it'll be lucky if it gets a DVD release and isn't straight to Cinemax. Wasn't Dawn '04 Strike's first film? They seemed to make it into the theater quite fine.....

Rick
05-23-2005, 09:36 AM
The remake of Dawn was a good mindless action movie with zombies, although it didn't deserve to share the title of the vastly superior original.
I can only assume the remake of Day will take the same route: bare resemblance to the original story (probably no more than scientists and military), lots of action, and just barely enough story to get from one action scene to the next.

Femanizer
05-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Wasn't Dawn '04 Strike's first film? They seemed to make it into the theater quite fine.....

It wasn't Universal's first film.

Maxvayne
05-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando


Negative. Do your research about the history of remakes then get back to me. They've been around since silent films. They will be around long after we are in the ground pushing up daisies. Yet again, I have yet to hear one compelling reason not to make this remake.


No shit. I know all about remakes that have come out, but this is a period where Hollywood has rarely any creativity, you see that everything is being remade lately? Once in awhile it would be nice if they can remake something, but this is ridiculous. I also never said the new Dawn was boring,Dawn had a nice pace, you misinterpreted, I said if they take the underground storyline it will most likely be boring.

Acting that way in the 80's got by, Unless if you want to see the guy's from Saw hamming it up again, be my guest.

And if the post on the first page about the guy's who are doing the sequel, doing this, is true then I'm going to laugh my ass off at you about even considering this remake to be good.

As in my point's are still standing, but most likely this remake will still be a disaster. Now ill be happy to wait for some footage.

zombie commando
05-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Samhain1974
It wasn't Universal's first film. No shit. The sky is blue too.

zombie commando
05-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
No shit. I know all about remakes that have come out, but this is a period where Hollywood has rarely any creativity, you see that everything is being remade lately? Once in awhile it would be nice if they can remake something, but this is ridiculous. I also never said the new Dawn was boring, you misinterpreted, I said if they take the underground storyline it will most likely be boring.Right, because the underground storyline of the original Day of the Dead came out to be so boring. Military + Zombies + Bub apparently equals boring to you. Has ADD really spread that far and wide?



And if the post on the first page about the guy's who are doing the sequel, doing this, is true then I'm going to laugh my ass off at you about even considering this remake to be good.I'm laughing my ass off right now at you for believeing you can accurately see into the future. Tell Mrs. Cleo I said "Hi".

Maxvayne
05-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Right, because the underground storyline of the original Day of the Dead came out to be so boring. Military + Zombies + Bub apparently equals boring to you. Has ADD really spread that far and wide?

I'm laughing my ass off right now at you for believeing you can accurately see into the future. Tell Mrs. Cleo I said "Hi".


AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... misreading again. I didn't say Day was boring, I admit it might drag in places, but it is far from boring. Obviously you missed the post(RIGHT on this page!!!) where I said Day and Dawn are my favorite. Time to go back to school!!!!!


O yeah, it will probably be a bad film, but more things have surprised me in the past.

Femanizer
05-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
No shit. The sky is blue too.

There is no major studio backing or distributing this remake, it's not rocket science to see what I'm getting at but I don't feel like typing it out. Do they make a "Why This Remake Is Doomed For Dummies" book?

zombie commando
05-24-2005, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... misreading again. I didn't say Day was boring, I admit it might drag in places, but it is far from boring. Obviously you missed the post(RIGHT on this page!!!) where I said Day and Dawn are my favorite. Time to go back to school!!!!!
You believe that the remake based on the elements that constructed to original applied to the 'remake' formula, whatever that is, will turn out boring. Hence according to you Bub + Zombies + Military being applied to a movie being created today is boring. I'm guessing this is because you didn't enjoy Dawn'04, but that was made by ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE. To top it off apparently you don't understand the concept of sarcasm to make a point. The fallacy is in your logic not my own. Please keep the school yard bullshit to a minimal.


There is no major studio backing or distributing this remake, it's not rocket science to see what I'm getting at but I don't feel like typing it out. Do they make a "Why This Remake Is Doomed For Dummies" book?
I own plenty of great movies that have no major studio backing them. Do you really believe a major studio backed the original Night? How about Day? Try finding some Taurus releases today then get back to me.

The only remake they have produced thus far was the Ammityville Horror, and that wasn't too gut wrenching. I gave that film a C, which isn't too bad for a first endeavor The other two remakes they are working have yet to produce a single clip to the public, yet you morons are already condeming them. I find it better to reserve judgement on films untill I see at least a FEW pictures of the final look of the film, and even then I have NO WAY of knowing how the film will ultimately turn out. So continue forth with your ignorant ways of passing judgement on things that have yet to see fruitation. Yet to even begin shooting. I'm going to laugh at you nit wits if this turns out to be a great film. If it doesn't, no biggie, we still have the original. If it does turn out good you goons will wish you used less syllables in your posts, because you'll be eating your words.

Oliver
05-27-2005, 04:23 AM
I hope its modified. It took ages for some action to happen in the original, hopefully in this one there may be more zombie scenes.

Maxvayne
05-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
You believe that the remake based on the elements that constructed to original applied to the 'remake' formula, whatever that is, will turn out boring. Hence according to you Bub + Zombies + Military being applied to a movie being created today is boring.

No, who ever said their is even going to be Bub or the Military in the movie? They might be, might not also. With remakes they do new things. They might just throw people in a underground base. It's like picking a card in a deck of card your not sure of. I thought parts of Amityville are boring, so what? I can't feel that the people who make this will make a boring movie? I see them headed in that direction with this material.





Originally posted by zombie commando
I'm guessing this is because you didn't enjoy Dawn'04, but that was made by ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

I think your stating something we already know of being made by different people. I never said I didn't like the new Dawn, I think it was good, above decent. Sure it had holes in it's wood, but the ship did not sink.




Originally posted by zombie commando
To top it off apparently you don't understand the concept of sarcasm to make a point. The fallacy is in your logic not my own. Please keep the school yard bullshit to a minimal.


You really need to quit your whining, if I think a movie will fail, I can. I don't need you telling me it will be gold. We both need to see some footage first, then judge.

zombie commando
05-27-2005, 11:56 AM
You really need to quit your whining, if I think a movie will fail, I can. I don't need you telling me it will be gold. We both need to see some footage first, then judge.
I'm not saying this film will be gold. I'm not even saying it will be watchable. I am saying that it has the POTENTIAL to be a kickass film. You entered the thread saying this....


FUCK 'EM FUCK 'EM FUCK THEM CUNTS....

Well, ok guy's, sure Dawn was decent, but this can't really be redone, so I guess we'll have not see this in the theater...You know, show the studios we mean business.

CHOKE ON IT!

...without seeing a single snippet of footage. You made a snap judgement about a remake that you had minimal info on and then you couldn't even conjure up a single good reason why the film was definitely going to suck. That's the true whining going on here, and to top it off it's ridiculous because you have absolutely no clue how this beast will turn out. When Dawn was being remade the site was full of whiners just like you whom all changed their tune. In case you haven't caught on, it's better to reserve judgement on these things. Who gives a shit if it's a remake? Who gives a flying fuck if it is based on soldiers defending themselves in an underground base? Classic horror films were constructed from shallower plots (Halloween anyone?). The fact that you have started to twist your stance as indicated by the first quote you posted has indicated to me that you're coming around to logic, albeit slowly kicking, whining, and screaming......

Creepingmouth
05-27-2005, 12:21 PM
I watched again DOTD yesterday and I liked it just like I did the first time I saw it.It's not a bad thing that it will be remade ,generally remakes have the attitude to attract people's attention also toward the original movie and so lot of people who still ignore Romero's masterpiece will rent or buy it to see if it's better or worse than the remake.Honestly I liked Dawn of the Dead '04:it was different from Romero's movie but still entertaining.I'm not a fan of running zombies but I don't mind them at all if the plot doesn't suffer such innovation and,according to me,Day of the Dead has a great potential, if it will be in the right hands I'm sure it will kick ass.
I hope this "remaking" trend won't take over original movies.I like to see remakes but Hollywood should invest more money in some original script.What I really find disgusting are movies like FreddyvsJason not remakes

Maxvayne
05-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
I'm not saying this film will be gold. I'm not even saying it will be watchable. I am saying that it has the POTENTIAL to be a kickass film. You entered the thread saying this....


...without seeing a single snippet of footage. You made a snap judgement about a remake that you had minimal info on and then you couldn't even conjure up a single good reason why the film was definitely going to suck. That's the true whining going on here, and to top it off it's ridiculous because you have absolutely no clue how this beast will turn out. When Dawn was being remade the site was full of whiners just like you whom all changed their tune. In case you haven't caught on, it's better to reserve judgement on these things. Who gives a shit if it's a remake? Who gives a flying fuck if it is based on soldiers defending themselves in an underground base? Classic horror films were constructed from shallower plots (Halloween anyone?). The fact that you have started to twist your stance as indicated by the first quote you posted has indicated to me that you're coming around to logic, albeit slowly kicking, whining, and screaming......
I did have good reasons, and like I said before, that first post was sarcasm, once again you have failed to read my posts. I still stand by those reasons I have posted, what I find funny is that Chomp even had one of those point's, that he hope's the relationship between Bub and Logan will work, I guess he didn't have a good reason for posting that like me. :eek:

I would like to see reasons you would not like it to be remade, I know your saying it could work,but on what levels do you think it could not work? What good reasons do you have?

Your just jumping all over me because I didn't agree with you, I'm just actually sick of your whining because I made my points. It's seems I hit a nerve with the last post too...



Originally posted by zombie commando
I'm guessing this is because you didn't enjoy Dawn'04,but that was made by ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.



Originally posted by zombie commando
When Dawn was being remade the site was full of whiners just like you whom all changed their tune.

What a way to contradict yourself. It just shows how much you know.If you want you could keep guessing. :rolleyes:

I want you to go out and find a post where I said Dawn was going to suck before it was out. O, wait I never said that in a post, ever, I felt it was strange to remake Dawn, never saying it was an awful idea.

zombie commando
05-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
I did have good reasons, and like I said before, that first post was sarcasm, once again you have failed to read my posts. I still stand by those reasons I have posted, what I find funny is that Chomp even had one of those point's, that he hope's the relationship between Bub and Logan will work, I guess he didn't have a good reason for posting that like me. :eek:I've read your posts. I disagree with them. I don't care who agrees with you. I don't care that you think your reasons are good, because they aren't. They're rather unconvincing. The remake won't be good because the original didn't make alot of money? Yeah, that's real clever. You doubt they'll be able to pull off Bub like it was some award winning performance that is impossible to recreate.....brilliant. Needless to say each one of your subsequent posts makes it more obvious that your grasping straws. "Chomp has doubts about it too"...so what, are you saying you are looking to Chomp to dictate your opinion? Like I suspected....sheep.



Your just jumping all over me because I didn't agree with you, I'm just actually sick of your whining because I made my points. It's seems I hit a nerve with the last post too...I respond to you because your posts strike me as ignorant nonsense. You jumped on the remake hate wagon blindly. Not only that but it seems you are functioning at a degraded reading level. Not once have I contradicted myself. Not once have I said that you thought Dawn was a poor film. I was bringing it up because it's another remake of the Living Dead films that people thought was doomed for failure, and it turned out quite entertaining. The fact that you failed to see that point is a glaring mark of your mental stigma. You can embrace your ignorance all you want, I'll just keep shooting it down with bullets of logic.

My best advise for you at this point is to stop bothering people with your nonsense, with each post you are really burying yourself here. Save what rep you have left.

Maxvayne
05-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
I've read your posts. I disagree with them. I don't care who agrees with you. I don't care that you think your reasons are good, because they aren't. They're rather unconvincing. The remake won't be good because the original didn't make alot of money? Yeah, that's real clever. You doubt they'll be able to pull off Bub like it was some award winning performance that is impossible to recreate.....brilliant. Needless to say each one of your subsequent posts makes it more obvious that your grasping straws. "Chomp has doubts about it too"...so what, are you saying you are looking to Chomp to dictate your opinion? Like I suspected....sheep.

No...Chomp dose bring up that one point though. You look at it as if I stole everything from him. And that quote you posted, I didn't even say :)

It's hard to recreate Day. It is unique. For it's Characters, Lines, Music, and Realistic SFX. Day holds a special place in my heart as a Horror film, maybe not in yours, but it dose in mine.

Sure it didn't make a lot of money, but wouldn't Hollywood want to tackle something more of a success in the past. It would a speck on they're radar if they made films like they did in the 40's and 50's (And even much later films!) there would be no remakes. I'm sorry but the only reason it's being done because Zombie films are 'In' and a lot of these company's can't put out a quality picture anymore, EG: Paramount.




Originally posted by zombie commando
I respond to you because your posts strike me as ignorant nonsense. You jumped on the remake hate wagon blindly. Not only that but it seems you are functioning at a degraded reading level. Not once have I contradicted myself. Not once have I said that you thought Dawn was a poor film. I was bringing it up because it's another remake of the Living Dead films that people thought was doomed for failure, and it turned out quite entertaining. The fact that you failed to see that point is a glaring mark of your mental stigma. You can embrace your ignorance all you want, I'll just keep shooting it down with bullets of logic.

The ignorant nonsense that I can see here is your fancy words acting as if you were put here to be #1. I do not hate every film that comes out as a remake, I wish you could see that.

You did contradict yourself, and I posted the proof. Along with my posting of reasons that are good, but not have you once posted of how this film could have the potential.


My best advise for you at this point is to stop bothering people with your nonsense, with each post you are really burying yourself here. Save what rep you have left. [/B][/QUOTE]


My best advice to you sir...is to Fuck off.

zombie commando
05-30-2005, 04:50 AM
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz....huh, oh you still don't have anything remotely intelligent to offer to the thread? How surprising. Sorry if my use of 'fancy' multi-syllable words throws you off. If you want to embrace close mindedness then that's your own problem. I prefer to keep an open mind and not pass judgement on films before I see at least a couple snippets of footage. Apparently you feel it's better to damn the thing in it's fetal stage. Just remember that those whom do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Maybe I'm talking (or typing) over your head here. If so just continue your ranting and incessant whining like before....

Creepingmouth
05-30-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Sorry if my use of 'fancy' multi-syllable words throws you off.

good old sarcasm :D

I'm enjoing this conversation

zombie commando
05-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
good old sarcasm :D

I'm enjoing this conversation It's digressed far below a conversation at this point....I honestly never thought convincing someone to remain open minded about a zombie movie would be such an uphill battle.

Creepingmouth
05-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
It's digressed far below a conversation at this point....I honestly never thought convincing someone to remain open minded about a zombie movie would be such an uphill battle.

I know how it feels but there's something worse than that:If I had to convince every friend I know to be open minded about horror movies in general I would have to waste time,efforts and voice and surely I wouldn't achieve my goal.All of my best friends don't like horror movies and generally use to bash them.
You get upset if someone tells you Day of the Dead's remake is gonna suck,just imagine how it feels hearing things like Dawn of the Dead sucks,Hallowen is only boring and so on.
I don't now if that's the case but it's almost impossible to open someone's mind no matter how good your argumentation is.

zombie commando
05-31-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Creepingmouth
I know how it feels but there's something worse than that:If I had to convince every friend I know to be open minded about horror movies in general I would have to waste time,efforts and voice and surely I wouldn't achieve my goal.All of my best friends don't like horror movies and generally use to bash them.
You get upset if someone tells you Day of the Dead's remake is gonna suck,just imagine how it feels hearing things like Dawn of the Dead sucks,Hallowen is only boring and so on.
I don't now if that's the case but it's almost impossible to open someone's mind no matter how good your argumentation is. Most people are simple morons that follow the herd, which I think ultimately helps humanity. We need lots and lots of ditch diggers. I have yet to hear a single good reason why a Day of the Dead remake is doomed to failure. Like it was mentioned before, typically the name will be kept and the general elements of the original, but the story will be unique.

The prospect of seeing a movie where the military battles the living dead from the recesses of an underground bunker should be exciting for any open minded red blooded zombie fan. I'm a huge fan of the original, but when this comes out in no way, shape, or form will it magically overwrite Romero's original tale.

Never the less, some horror fans will persistently be the most unreasonable people in the world when it comes to certain things.

xmiserysignalsx
06-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Day of the Dead seems like a film that fit the decade it was made in and I'm not sure that it can be translated as well as NOTLD or Dawn could've been. Day of the Dead seems really representative (sp) of the 80s and had several implications relating to the economic and social perspectives of the time.

azboy111
06-28-2005, 12:33 PM
I dont know how you can say that the Day story line is an 80's only story line. Look at our country and our world today...theres a lot of war going on. How could a zombie movie based in a military setting not hold today? Once again lets wait and see this film before we judge it. I'm happy its being remade. I'm a huge living dead fan and so far all the additions in the series have been above par zombies films. Also anything that could spark intrest in the originals is fine by me. The possiblity of a 5th George made zombie film makes me warm and fuzzy all over!

NeewollaH
06-28-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm kind of excited to see how they do this. You never know, it could be what GAR would've done with a bigger budget. We'll just have to see.



I just hope the zombies don't run..:rolleyes:

atomic dog
08-15-2005, 03:20 AM
found out some new information today about Day of the Dead 2: Contagium.

release date 10/18/2005

and it's straight to dvd.

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=1876

http://dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99364313060782&searchID=1819221&item_id=741064

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/dayofthedead2.php

looks like a crappy release

Chomp_on_this
08-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Looks sucky...lol.

Donnie Darko
08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
im near the end of watching it and its a shitfest. steer clear of contagium like the fucking plague...

a real shitbomb. no kidding whatsoever.

Michaeleon
08-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko
im near the end of watching it and its a shitfest. steer clear of contagium like the fucking plague...

There's our Dave, taking one for the team. What a trooper! :p

Be sure to give us a detailed review when the horror ends.

atomic dog
08-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko
im near the end of watching it and its a shitfest. steer clear of contagium like the fucking plague...

a real shitbomb. no kidding whatsoever.
look for a pm

Chomp_on_this
09-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I just had the displeasure of watching DayOTD2 Contagium and I was going to make a thread on the fact, but then I thought I just post it in here with this discussion;...because afterall this shitfest doesn't even deserve a thread for itself.

Contagium has NOTHING, I mean NOTHING to do with GAR's Day of the Dead. It doesn't follow its continuity, it doesn't follow the characteristics of Romero's zombies...its just a total disgrace to the Dead films. These filmmakers should be ashamed of using Day of the Dead in the title, and calling this sorry excuse for a movie, a sequal to one of the greatest zombie films ever made. Its not even on the same level as Day of the Dead...fuck, its not even playing the same game.

It isn't particularly gory...there is no ripping flesh, there is no loose intestines or lost appendages being eaten. Some of the worst zombie make up effects I have ever seen...they look like demons rather than recently deceased.

The editing of Contagium was atrocious. I think I have seen better edit jobs in my family's home movies for Christ's sake. I swear, you have to watch minutes of pointless drivel before it finally gets to something that has to do with the plot. If you'd cut that shit out, the movie's story could have been told in 30 minutes, literally.

The acting is god-aweful...people actually wait for "zombies" to attack them. You can tell, people are "acting" out the gunshot when they fire a gun...its so blatently noticed because the gunshot audio is not in sync with the gun being shot.

This literally ranks as one of the top 5 worst zombie films I have ever seen. Its up there with House of the Dead and Children of the Living Dead. Just aweful film-making period. Like Double D stated, avoid it like the plague. I wish I could have that hour and a half of my life back, because I would have done something better with my time; like wash my dog.

Land of the Dead is my sequal to Day of the Dead, not this polished turd (Contagium is like a high qaulity amateur film). Now excuse me, while I go and bleach the memory of this flick out of my head, and watch a real zombie flick...I was thinking maybe the NOTLD Remake...I haven't watched that in awhile.

0 stars/****

zombie commando
11-01-2005, 10:59 AM
According to BD Steve Miner just signed up for the remake of Day of the Dead by that shit-tacular company that brought us Contagium.

DREAMASTER
11-01-2005, 01:27 PM
I remember seeing the final part of this movie and can't forget when one of the guys is caught by the living dead, they take his guts out and eat them, then they brake his spine and the man is still screaming when he should be dead by now. Very badly done!

atomic dog
11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
According to BD Steve Miner just signed up for the remake of Day of the Dead by that shit-tacular company that brought us Contagium.
does anyone have this day of the dead 2 that i might be able to get a copy of it?

zombie commando
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
does anyone have this day of the dead 2 that i might be able to get a copy of it? Not I.

You chaps do realize that the sequel and the remake are two different flicks right?

atomic dog
11-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Not I.

You chaps do realize that the sequel and the remake are two different flicks right?
yes i know that bt i was just asking if anyone had it so i could see it.

Chomp_on_this
11-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Yea...everyone else was posting news and reviews about Contagium in here, so I thought I would too. I didn't feel like starting a new thread on that shit anyways.

I used to have it on SVCD...my friend has it right now.

atomic dog
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
Yea...everyone else was posting news and reviews about Contagium in here, so I thought I would too. I didn't feel like starting a new thread on that shit anyways.

I used to have it on SVCD...my friend has it right now.
look for a pm.

Roswell
11-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by DREAMASTER
I remember seeing the final part of this movie and can't forget when one of the guys is caught by the living dead, they take his guts out and eat them, then they brake his spine and the man is still screaming when he should be dead by now. Very badly done!

I think you have the wrong movie.

DREAMASTER
11-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Mark Warner
I think you have the wrong movie.

I did ? I also remember the survivers escaping in a helicopter. Isn't this Day of the Dead ?

Roswell
11-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by DREAMASTER
I did ? I also remember the survivers escaping in a helicopter. Isn't this Day of the Dead ?

Might be Dawn of The Dead. Problem is there are scenes that are simular to each other in both films.

atomic dog
11-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by DREAMASTER
I did ? I also remember the survivers escaping in a helicopter. Isn't this Day of the Dead ?
well it happens in both movies.

DREAMASTER
11-04-2005, 06:59 AM
Damn.