PDA

View Full Version : Best H1/H2 mask for your $$$$

larry-new
05-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Just wanted to get a consensus about which mask (include link to sellers site if possible) to get if I'm willing to fork out some serious $$$. I've seen Cemetary Gates "Warlock" mask and to me it looks like one of the BEST masks EVER done..anyone here have one and can give a testimonial??? Thanks, Larry

Superman
05-09-2005, 06:44 PM
There's some good one's here:

http://frightcatalog.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&isort=score&ts=custom&loc=fright&w=michael+myers

LMAO just kidding. These are better:

http://www.silvershampainnovelties.com/MASKS.htm

Laow-Z
05-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I'll try to get a link but i think the Nemisis mask is the best i've seen.

Jenn
05-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Wow that's a gorgeous mask!

http://www.cemeterygateproductions.com/warlock.htm

I have an older mask from Cemetery Gate Productions, nice quality...very thick latex...hair nice and SO fine...the slit in the back will not split, it ends with a rounded punch...I found it kind of big, but then again, I'm a chick. ;)

I found the lips on mine to be a bit exaggerated and crooked (i.e. , left side, corner of mouth *really* pointing down) which is my only negative, but again this was an older mask, purchased in 1999, and it was definitely under $100.

larry-new
05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks....those Fright catalog ones freakin' suck...'cept maybe the Resurrection one..what do you think of the "Warlock" version?

Jenn
05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Superman

http://www.silvershampainnovelties.com/MASKS.htm

These are excellent too - I've seen them "in person" at the H25 con - sadly they are a bit out of my price range, especially considering I'd really want to buy one from each sequel!!

DarthMyers
05-09-2005, 06:51 PM
The Warlock version is the best on the market so far, IMO. If I had the cash it would be mine.

Superman
05-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Jenn
These are excellent too - but a bit out of my price range, especially considering I'd really want to buy one from each sequel!! You only really need 1 mask to enlist terror on people. :)

MyersFan927
05-09-2005, 06:52 PM
There's some good one's here:

http://frightcatalog.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&isort=score&ts=custom&loc=fright&w=michael+myers

Look at the mug on *this* one..yikes! Go in "Find" and paste Michael Myers 2002 Mask to take you right to it. We all know where that one is from, hahaha.

Larry, one of my faves is the Nemesis mask..expensive but worth every penny! You should talk to Nils on this - he has LOTS of excellent Myers masks, and he spent a pretty penny on them too..but in the end, you gotta spend money to receive a well crafted, closely resembling Myers face. :)

HalloweeN63
05-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Holy shit, I've never seen that Warlock one. I like it!

Jenn
05-09-2005, 06:53 PM
You only really need 1 mask to enlist terror on people. :) This is true - I did exactly that on Halloween at work - walking through the hallway - tapping on the lab window and listening to people freak out, it was great!!!

MyersFan927
05-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Jenn
This is true - I did exactly that on Halloween at work - walking through the hallway - tapping on the lab window and listening to people freak out, it was great!!!

HAHA I can just picture you doing that, Jenn! It must be fun to freak people out :D

Superman
05-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
HAHA I can just picture you doing that, Jenn! It must be fun to freak people out :D Some of us don't need a mask for that huh Vincent? ;)

larry-new
05-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys and gals..To me the "Warlock" looks to be the best by far so I may take the plunge for that one. Frankly the masks for most of the sequels didn't really do much for me..especially the laughable part 4 mask............Larry

MyersFan927
05-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Some of us don't need a mask for that huh Vincent? ;)

Right, especially when I can get people like YOU to scare others out of their socks for me! ;)

Superman
05-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Right, especially when I can get people like YOU to scare others out of their socks for me! ;) Damn Skippy! :D

MyersFan927
05-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by larry-new
Thanks for the suggestions guys and gals..To me the "Warlock" looks to be the best by far so I may take the plunge for that one. Frankly the masks for most of the sequels didn't really do much for me..especially the laughable part 4 mask............Larry

Too bad they used such a lousy mask for such a great sequel. At least it doesn't bring the whole movie down. But yeah, Warlock's one way to go. Everyone seems to be raving about it lately..and we can all see why. Just look at that detail, and the expression on the face. It's an incredibly stunning mask.

Superman
05-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Any pics of this Warlock mask?

larry-new
05-09-2005, 07:13 PM
I just hope it looks as good in person. I HATE it when you get all excited over some product by its prototype photos and when you get it...looks nothing like the photos. I've bought masks before (not Halloween) that looked superb in catalogs airbrushed/photoshopped pics and when you actually get one it looks like your little brother made in a class project............Larry

HalloweeN63
05-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Any pics of this Warlock mask?

Jenn posted the link dude.

Superman
05-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by HalloweeN63
Jenn posted the link dude. Aah...thanks Ray. :)

MyersFan927
05-09-2005, 07:20 PM
If these two pics are not scary, I don't know what is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/MyersFan927/warlock1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/MyersFan927/warlock2.jpg

Superman
05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
[B]If these two pics are not scary, I don't know what is.

How about this one :D :

MyersFan927
05-09-2005, 07:26 PM
How about this one :D :

You just love that thing, don't you? :p

larry-new
05-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Please tell me that last picture wasn't a real mask for sale......................Heaven help us if it was

Superman
05-09-2005, 07:27 PM
You just love that thing, don't you? :p Yes...I do! :D

MrTaft
05-09-2005, 08:24 PM
The Warlock one is the best I've ever seen too. Do get it if you can, Larry - I certainly would if I had the cash! :eek:

Philo Bedo
05-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Here's a story on that mask. It's a recast of a 'Kirk' from your favorite collector, Billy. He's never made a dime off of anything, SAD!

larry-new
05-10-2005, 05:25 AM
Philo..they used an original "Kirk" mask for the mold? No wonder it looks the best of any mask I've seen...........That last Kirk mask on Ebay sold for over $9,000.00!

Philo Bedo
05-10-2005, 07:10 AM
Well yes and no. It’s really a touchy subject that Billy really doesn’t like to talk about. It’s NOT off a ’1975 Don Post Capt. Kirk’ like everyone wants it to be, Billy found that out. Billy’s mask is NOT a mask from the 1975 mold, but from the ‘Foam’ master taken from a production mold, which would make this 1 generation smaller and made somewhere in 1981 out of the mold from ‘Halloween II’ that the extra 2 or 3 masks were made from. That has recently been verified by a former Don Post employee.

The WHOLE story about this, going back to ‘Nightowl’ and what he did just makes Billy upset and then seeing/knowing what ‘Nightowl’ did and now every time a new mask based/taken from his mask just makes him more upset. Is it about the Money Billy’s out, kinda. Is it about Billy NEVER wanting this to become what it did, kinda. I know this, if he had this to do ALL over again, it would NEVER happen.

That's all I'm going to post about what I know. I've heard a lot of others know this as well, so it checks out.

You guy's should email him, maybe he'd tell you the story. I know if money was a factor, I think he out out somewhere between $15,000 to $25,000 after CGP, MMP, Jack in the Box and who ever else 'Nighowl' gave the either a 'Blank' or 'Mold' to.

SAD indeed. I might add, Billy will probly be upset about this, so expect it to be removed.

MrTaft
05-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Uh, okay.

Laow-Z
05-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Who in the freekin bejesus is this Billy character..i hear billy this and billy that for every subject posted here.....sounds like a kids imaginary friend:confused: :D

Superman
05-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Laow-Z
Who in the freekin bejesus is this Billy character..i hear billy this and billy that for every subject posted here.....sounds like a kids imaginary friend:confused: :D

Billy Warlock?
Billy Shatner?
B-B-B-B-Billy?
Billy-Goats-Gruff?

Laow-Z
05-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Billy Warlock?
Billy Shatner?
B-B-B-B-Billy?
Billy-Goats-Gruff?
At least then i'd know who the hell he is;)

MyersFan927
05-10-2005, 05:14 PM

Billy Kirkus is a hardcore collector who submitted the still gallery pics in the Halloween 25th Anniversary DVD. We don't know much about his collection because he prefers not to share his time with us ingrates, but Philo Bedo here is his right hand man and praises ol' Billy. As we all know, he loves the guy ;)

Laow-Z
05-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Billy Kirkus is a hardcore collector who submitted the still gallery pics in the Halloween 25th Anniversary DVD. We don't know much about his collection because he prefers not to share his time with us ingrates, but Philo Bedo here is his right hand man and praises ol' Billy. As we all know, he loves the guy ;)
Ah..thank you sir:) Now I know....it just seems weird hearing all the time "well billy say's" ...."well Billy has...."

MyersFan927
05-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Ah..thank you sir:) Now I know....it just seems weird hearing all the time "well billy say's" ...."well Billy has...."

Yeah, it gets old and aggravating after a while.

MyersFan75
05-11-2005, 03:51 PM
I am going to say the best H1 style mask on market is the "Psycho" made by Terry at Cemetary Gate Productions and then once again H2 would be the "Warlock" by CGP.

Silver Shampain Novelties pulls nice masks out of the hat at times as well. Certainly a better variety.

Then again, www.jackintheboxmasks.com (http://) sells older Myers masks from the first years of superior independent masks. They aren't as spiffy as the newer masks, but are certainly worth their small prices.

DarknessBDJM
06-03-2005, 10:58 PM
For 3-8, Silver Shampain has the best.
For 2 it's CGP's Warlock.
For 1 (since it used 2 masks), either Night Owl's NightmareMan '78 or Psycho.

NightMareMan
06-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Wow... WOW that Warlock from CGP is the best h2 mask ive ever seen in my entire life!