PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Return of the Living Dead Flick?

BrentleyJames23
09-24-2004, 09:02 AM
ROTLD
ROTLD II
ROTLD III

notsoboo
09-24-2004, 09:08 AM
I liked the second one much better, but I did enjoy the first. I could've died peacefully having not seen the 3rd one though.

ten31
09-24-2004, 10:13 AM
I've always had a soft spot for the third one. I think a large part had to do with Mindy Clark.

Maxvayne
09-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Why the fuck did you post this in the Evil Dead section.

Dusk
09-24-2004, 09:39 PM
I second that. These powerless hands can do nothing...

But strangle you! Ha!

(Just kidding)

Donnie Darko
09-24-2004, 10:28 PM
ive always liked the third one best, i got it around Halloween when i was alot younger and thought it was a sequel of Night of the Living Dead (which i loved) and with that in mind id always really liked it and accepted it 110%.

im happy with the dvd too cause its got commentaries and has a sweet dvd transfer.

i need to get part 2 still, is that dvd out yet??

Franchise
09-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Moved to make sense.

Maxvayne
09-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by project2501

No, but it dose come out october 5th man!!!!!

Chuck D
09-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Original

Hallowicked
09-25-2004, 12:25 PM
The original ROTLD, great movie! You gotta love Linnea Quigley in this film.

zombie commando
09-25-2004, 01:00 PM
I liked the third one. As cheesy as it was it was absolutely different from any other zombie flick I have ever seen, and I must give it props for that fact.

Michaeleon
09-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by project2501

I can't wait either. :D

I'd have to say the original by far.

The characters are what I enjoyed most, they were amusing to watch. Now, now-I'm not just thinking of Trash on this. *cough*
The second one was good, but I thought they went a tad overboard on the comedy. The Michael Jackson look-alike zombie says it all.

FTL
09-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah, the third one tried something different, and that's cool. But I think the first one is the best. Great mixture of comedy and horror.

Maxvayne
09-26-2004, 10:51 AM
"Send more cops" The first one is great and has some great horror actors, great music from The Creeps and other Punk artist's at the time.

Donnie Darko
09-26-2004, 08:04 PM
i like the way the zombies would ambush the cops and ambulances in the first movie. that was something ive never seen in another zomibie movie. very unique!

Creepingmouth
09-27-2004, 05:14 AM
ROTLD II

Scissorhands
09-27-2004, 07:05 AM
I went with the first one too.. the comedy side of that movie is too damn funny. :)

TheThorn666
09-27-2004, 03:18 PM
#1 was the best the original...

Kreepy Kenny
09-29-2004, 01:19 AM
original all the way! all in all, just a fun movie to watch. also had some great music from the damned & the cramps.

horrorqueen7
09-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by BrentleyJames23
ROTLD
ROTLD II
ROTLD III

I believe it was the second one

Chomp_on_this
09-30-2004, 07:59 PM
I believe the ownly ROTLD I remotely enjoyed was the first. The rest of them I finally gave up on...I just couldnt take their shittiness anymore.

I really hate this series of films.

theoutfieldguy
10-03-2004, 09:19 PM
I believe I've only seen the sequel.
The original looks a little lame from the back cover art.
Its pretty cheap here,judging by the likeness you all have for it,I might just pick it up.

Beau
10-05-2004, 07:29 AM
ROTLD II.....hell yeah ;)

black-stallion
10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
the second one all the way!

theoutfieldguy
01-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Saw the first one last night for the first time ever.
It was a nice 80s comedy-horror flick.It was cool to see both Thom Mathews and Miguel Nunez both in it.I still remain partial to the sequel though.

Maxvayne
01-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I believe the ownly ROTLD I remotely enjoyed was the first. The rest of them I finally gave up on...I just couldnt take their shittiness anymore.

I really hate this series of films.

Man, you really don't like anything, do you?

Chomp_on_this
01-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
Man, you really don't like anything, do you?

I like naked chicks...

Nah come on man...you should be starting to get the drift of what I like and what I don't like...heh.

tabby
01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
the original is, was, and always will be the best. all the best lines are in that movie and will always be remembered as my first R-rated horror movie. :cool:

I can't finally see the one thing and one thing only that will rid this world of suffering. LIVE BRAAAAAAAAAIIINS!!!! :eek:

come in dispatch. send...more...paramedics. :p

boogeyman87
01-30-2005, 03:15 PM
I thought the first was pretty cool for a couple of reasons. Thrash, Thom Matthews, and the fact that most of the cast was made up of punks. I havent seen the 2nd yet but I intend to. I just finished the 3rd on Sci-Fi and I thought it was pretty cool as well. I liked Julie and the fact that is was Melinda Clarke from the O.C. I liked the ending as well too. What are your opinions on these films?

Chomp_on_this
01-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Too bad Melinda Clarke isn't as excited for her role in ROTLD 3...she pretty much disreguards that film from her acting career altogether. I think it was something about how she hates horror films and is embarrased she sunk that low for money...I don't remember it all.

Not sure if this thread is gonna get closed or not, but I just wanted to mention that before it did.

Return of the Living Dead is the only film I could stomach. While I have stated many times in the past that I hated it, each time I watch it, it grows on me. The characters, the dialogue, the soundtrack...its all pretty contagious.

The two sequals were just beyond trash, and I am expecting the same for ROTLD 4&5.

boogeyman87
01-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
Too bad Melinda Clarke isn't as excited for her role in ROTLD 3...she pretty much disreguards that film from her acting career altogether. I think it was something about how she hates horror films and is embarrased she sunk that low for money...I don't remember it all.

Not sure if this thread is gonna get closed or not, but I just wanted to mention that before it did.

Return of the Living Dead is the only film I could stomach. While I have stated many times in the past that I hated it, each time I watch it, it grows on me. The characters, the dialogue, the soundtrack...its all pretty contagious.

The two sequals were just beyond trash, and I am expecting the same for ROTLD 4&5.

I figured she didnt want to mention that. Its not on her films credits on certain sites and when asked about her early acting she dodges it or doesnt name names. Too bad, every actor starts somewhere. I can see how people would hate these films. I just liked how it was a funny 80's cheesy zombie movie. Something to tie me over between watching the better ones.

Comrade Sean
01-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Return of the Living Dead is my favorite zombie movie ever. My parents recorded this off HBO back when it aired in the 1980s and I just loved watching it. Tar Man is and always will be the greatest zombie ever created. The music in ROTLD is probably the greatest music in any American horror movie (rivaling that of Italian horror with Goblin).

Return of the Living Dead II is a decent sequel, but pales in comparison with the original. While watching it I get the feeling it's a rehash of Return of the Living Dead, just remade for pre-teens. It had some funny parts and some decent gore, but the ambiance was lacking.

Return of the Living Dead III, well let's just say I couldn't get through the first 20 minutes. So I won't comment any further.

Maxvayne
01-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
I figured she didnt want to mention that. Its not on her films credits on certain sites and when asked about her early acting she dodges it or doesnt name names. Too bad, every actor starts somewhere. I can see how people would hate these films. I just liked how it was a funny 80's cheesy zombie movie. Something to tie me over between watching the better ones.

Kinda sad, it's the only movie I can remember her in.

Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2 are gold. The second kept the same feel as the first and that's why I liked it. As for the third one. It holds no candle, pure crap to me.

theoutfieldguy
01-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Only seen the first one once,first time was about a month ago.It was allright.It would have been alot more spectecular if I had the chance to see it back in the day,maybe a decade or so ago.

ROTLD II remains my favorite.Its the one I grew up on,and the cast and story is pretty good.

ROTLD3.What can you say?Pierced titties!:D

Pugsly
02-07-2005, 08:16 AM
ROTLD dead will always be my fav but i thaught part 2 was pretty cool itself, and well part 3 was watchable.

complete
02-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I've only seen the second one and it was really funny.

coryorton
08-12-2005, 12:57 AM
The poll is closed, but I definetly must say ROTLD 3.

Sure, i'm in the minority, but thats never stopped me before ;)

I never really was one for the combination of TOO much humor and horror...the serious,dark twist they gave us with Part III was just what I needed in any movie,espicially a zombie one. Not only is it one of my favorite zombie movies, its one of my favorite horror movies alone.

writer93
08-12-2005, 03:40 AM
my favorite is ROTLD II.

myers2004
08-12-2005, 05:16 AM
the first one of course then the third and secon last just thought that one didnt match up as well as the other two. i loved the idea that the military would have this type of stuff around and that it would get messed up since we seem to hear of stuff like that alot and makes you wonder how much that really could happen with all the stuff they have now.

Halloween444
12-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Rotld 2

mr32
12-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Where should i begin the first time i seen ROTLD i think i was 7 or 8 that movie scare the shit out of me, when i was small i use to hate to go by a garveyard, but yeah ROTLD is the shit my fav.

ROTLD II it was cool.

ROTLD III just shitty didnt like it at all. Not even the 4th one just a waste of time.

coryorton
01-11-2007, 03:23 AM
I could never pick between the three...the first just for being as great as it is,the second for being as fun and cheesy as it is,and three speaks for itself on my arm.

zombiecamp
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I, II, & IV

fun stuff!

tat2dvamp
01-26-2007, 09:48 PM
id have to sat ROTLD 1 the other two were okay but i prefer 1

BloodyJacko
02-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Ah, Return of The Living Dead, what a good series.
The first is the best though.

xscabboyx
02-14-2007, 05:39 PM
It's really sad how bad parts IV and V were screwed up. William Butler (from TCM III, F13th VII) wrote them and he said the movies were practically completely re-written, but he was still credited.

I hated them both.

urbanchaos
02-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Well my favourites are the first and the third.
I think ROTLD: NECROPOLIS is good to see if you want to laugh:roflmao:

BRAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! BRAINNNNNNNN!

Thanos
02-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Return of the Living Dead I&II are my favorite Zombie movies of all time. 1 scared the crap out of me as a kid, and I found the humor in it as I got older. 2 just cracks me up, especially this line...

Joey: I feel like we've been here before. You... Me... Them!

IV and V just pissed me off. RotLD Zombies are not supposed to drop when you shoot them in the head. They are supposed to be nearly unstoppable. That's what made them so scary, and why they stood out from all the other zombies.

WickedDeath
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Hands down the second one was best of the series. Did anyone watch part 5 yet? it wasn't that bad.....what happened to 4 is beyond me, especially since they were both filmed at the same time, I have never seen it anywhere for sale or rent.

Hallow's Eve
03-23-2007, 09:35 AM
I liked part 3, the Zombie girl was cool.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 06:27 AM
I wish they were still making films like the first one. "Do you want to party!??" That film is just good old fashioned popcorn eating fun.

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:23 AM
The first one pure cult classic.

Khan
05-29-2007, 01:30 PM
The first is really fun.

I don't much like the second one, and the third one is a noce gory love story.

I am not bothering with 4 and 5.

DarknessBDJM
05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
The original of course. Loved the milking of the punk aesthetic.

2 was fine, though mot as funny as it could have been with a good comedic director. Liked the setting.

3 to me was the poorest of the lot. Didn't really feel like a RotLD flick- much like the new ones.

Asprin
06-01-2007, 05:47 AM
I like III the best all because of Santos, his gang and Riverman. Other than that the movie was pretty much boring.

A. Remin' D.
06-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Poll is closed? :(

My favourite is Return of the Living Dead. Great soundtrack as well.