PDA

View Full Version : It Just Doesn't Get Any Better Than This....

Myers63
04-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I'd already been a HalloweeN fan for 21 years...and a die hard memorabilia collector for 5 years. By 2002 I was quite proud of my collection, having collected many rather obscure pieces in addition to the usual run-of-the-mill memorabilia that pops up in large quantities on eBay on a regular basis.

What happened next took me completely by surprise....MuseuMTony asked if I wanted to display my collection at the then upcoming H25 Convention--so of course I agreed with great enthusiasm. The original plan was that I'd be displaying my collection with at least one other mega collector(and possibly a third), but in the end I was the only one that had committed/and or could commit to the historic event.

During the months of planning, I went on to donate some pieces from my collection to the Charity raffle that would be held during the festivities. Further on into the planning stages, I learned that there was to be a screening of H1 at a local theater, so I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to screen my H3 print, which unfortunately proved to be impossible since it had a damaged reel and the Rialto would only screen films that "wouldn't damage their equipment". I was bummed as I'd missed H3 during its theatrical run, but I had a back up plan. I then asked Tony if my H4 print would suffice and he immediately replied in the positive.

ALL that attended the H25 know that i was THE HalloweeN event of a lifetime that could never be duplicated. From a collector's standpoint, I knew there would be no other culmination of excitement to look forward to than displaying a collection that I'd worked so hard to build. I had it displayed in my home, yes---but the the thrill that the H25 provided where scores of fans could view it first hand made my hobby so much more worthwhile than my original status of being a private collector for my own personal enjoyment.

NOW....what I've pictured below is my most prized piece of HalloweeN memorabilia in the form of a 1-of-a-kind vinyl banner. Tony had graciously given this item to me with the words "Here's a little souvenier of The Myers MuseuM". Aside from being a gift of the event, it was only later that I understood just what that "souvenier" was, as not long after the Myers MuseuM website closed its doors for good. I would like to once again thank Tony, Paul, and Sean for without whom, the H25 would not have been.

Hallowicked
05-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Awesome banner you have there.

DarthMyers
05-01-2005, 05:07 AM
Very nice indeed!

Congrats on that one

Slapshot
05-01-2005, 06:15 AM
That is awesome! Congrats.

Jenn
05-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Awwww, what memories from the best vacation ever!!!

:) :) :)

Thank YOU Josh, for adding to the H25 festivities and making it a visually stunning event!

MyersFan927
05-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Josh, those memories will be with you forever. Always cherish that banner! Congratulations. :)

H-Field Hero
05-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Josh thats sweet banner man. I hope you display that thing... on the front porch for Halloween 05 haha j/k.

MichaelMyers
05-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Great banner. You are one lucky SOB.

Silverpsycho
05-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Great looking banner! Congradulations ;) So how do you plan on displaying it? Are you going to hang it proudly over your collection or keep it safe in a case or something? I am so jealous...that really is a sweet looking item to add to anyone's collection.

myers2004
05-02-2005, 05:04 AM
very nice to see how much someone can be appreciated and the same back towards them. i wish i could have seen your collection on display there and hope you enjoy this item forever. once again congrats and enjoy.