PDA

View Full Version : Cool news, Tobe Romero tackles ZOMBIES

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 08:02 AM
http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/images/news2/zombiesposter.jpg

A while back (here, to be exact) we first told you about a new film that Toolbox Murders writers Jace Anderson and Adam Gierasch are writing for Tobe Hooper, which at the time was being described as zombies meets Deliverance, dealing with a mine that had collapsed years earlier, trapping some miners inside, and what happens when the mine is re-opened. There was no title at the time, but the idea was there and it sounded cool enough.

This morning I got an e-mail from Jace with not only the poster you see below for the film, but word that the script has changed dramatically since we first reported on it, that they’re re-shaping it in some very cool ways and hoping to bring some new blood to the world of the undead. Shooting is expected to start in June for Tobe Hooper’s Zombies, a title that just sounds way too good rolling off the ole tongue.

From http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1374

Tobe tackles a zombie flick? I'm in dead head heaven right now.

atomic dog
04-13-2005, 08:17 AM
hmm now i'm curious.

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by atomic dog
hmm now i'm curious.

Zombie movies seem to be the 'in' thing now, and I couldn't be happier because it gives me more flicks to mull over when it reaches it's inevitable down swing in popularity.

Bucky-lives
04-13-2005, 08:21 AM
Tobe Hooper is one of my favorite directors. I'm sure this will be worth seeing. I can't wait.

atomic dog
04-13-2005, 08:21 AM
but if we see how good tcm was, then this will only be better.

the_shape3280
04-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Holy crap, I cant wait for this one. Tobe Hooper can do no wrong. Well, there was a movie called Crocadile........and then 2.....

Maxvayne
04-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks ZC, that teaser posters dose look badass. It has a great feel too it. And like you said, the more Zombie flicks, the better.

Femanizer
04-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Are we actually calling him Tobe Romero now?

Can't wait for this film.

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 02:09 PM
All I expect is an average zombie flick with Fulci-like gore and violence. I don't think that's a tall order.

atomic dog
04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
All I expect is an average zombie flick with Fulci-like gore and violence. I don't think that's a tall order.
actually that's really reasonable.

DarthMyers
04-13-2005, 03:30 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO this sounds interesting...

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
I love the NOTLD homage on the poster. See the similarities anyone?

Chomp_on_this
04-13-2005, 06:38 PM
WTF?!?! Does this mean Mortuary is getting canned? Or is this ANOTHER zombie project Tobe has?

zombie commando
04-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
WTF?!?! Does this mean Mortuary is getting canned? Or is this ANOTHER zombie project Tobe has?

Sounds like Mortuary is getting canned, or put on the back shelf, OR handed to another director. Tobe's got his plate full. Not bad for a director that hasn't made a mainstream flick in over a decade.