PDA

View Full Version : Insanely *RARE* Items that YOU Own



Myers63
04-03-2005, 09:04 PM
We all have our insanely RARE items in our collections that we all cherish...and the very nature of the items themselves answer our questions as to "why", but how is it that no one else seems to locate these gems, even in horrid conditions to be used as merely "fillers" until a mint copy can be found?

A couple of my rarest pieces include:

1)Atari 2600/Wizard Video Games Promo Flyer for the Game Cart
2)H3 novelization Proof cover

Now....I'm still drooling over MrTaft's score of the millennium for finding that H:R promo fan(a rather odd home video promo)--and most recently his pic of his '80 H1 re-issue poster(kudos buddy! hehehe).


What are YOUR rarest pieces that the general HalloweeN collector doesn't have?

theoutfieldguy
04-03-2005, 09:28 PM
My 6' cardboard Michael Myers that decorates my bedroom.
Yup,fools would kill for it.

SLAB
04-03-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't know if it's "insanely" rare, but I do have the Friday the 13th parts 1-3 soundtrack on vinyl.

It's about 23 years old or so, and I haven't seen it around for sale too often.

theoutfieldguy
04-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by The Slab
I don't know if it's "insanely" rare, but I do have the Friday the 13th parts 1-3 soundtrack on vinyl.

It's about 23 years old or so, and I haven't seen it around for sale too often.

Yeah,I've got that one also.A nice piece.Picked it up for $5 about 10 years ago.:cool:

myers2004
04-04-2005, 05:40 AM
but isnt it funny how little we paid for somethings a few years ago and now we have to pay sometimes 5 times as much now for the same item. id say though if i had anythign rare of halloween it is my myers house book thanks to a public library where i used to live. the ladies there were so nice they gave me it cause of knowing how much i collected halloween stuff. think i owe them big time.

MyersFan927
04-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Josh, what is the H3 Novelization Proof cover? Can you show us pictures? And damn you for having it, whatever it is! ;)

My collection is pretty lame compared to Josh, Paul, Larry, and a couple of others. If anything, the only true gem in my collection is the accidentally released TV Version of H1. That's it. If you consider any of my records rare too, then they can also be added on it. Plus, I own the Australian Daybill of H3.

MrTaft
04-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Josh, what is the H3 Novelization Proof cover? Can you show us pictures? And damn you for having it, whatever it is!

Just think of the entire cover (front and back) laid flat and unfolded, with a hole punched through the price in the top corner, and there you have it. ;)

MyersFan927
04-04-2005, 10:36 AM
In other words, not a huge deal?

Chuck D
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Josh, what is the H3 Novelization Proof cover? Can you show us pictures? And damn you for having it, whatever it is! ;)

Look at his avatar... I think thats it... pretty horrorshow :)

Roswell
04-04-2005, 05:34 PM
I've got the Sundance roughcut of The Blair Witch Project around here on a videotape. It contains the deleted scene that is on the VHS version of the film, and the deleted scene included on the DVD, plus a few other tidbits. Overall, for me it made the film a bit more enjoyable and I think they should have kept some of the footage in.

Myers63
04-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey Vincent,

Below is a photo of the H3 Proof cover...MrTaft pretty much summed it up :)

Silverpsycho
04-04-2005, 06:15 PM
I don't have anything really rare concerning horror films. Some of my autographed pictures are special and one of a kind since I drew the pictures myself and then sent them off to the stars to be signed. I have a lot of fun getting autographs whether they be rare or not.

My most prized possessions are actually my Walt Disney autographed plane ticket (also signed by Hayley Mills) and animation cels from various cartoons.

Superman
04-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by The Slab
I don't know if it's "insanely" rare, but I do have the Friday the 13th parts 1-3 soundtrack on vinyl.

It's about 23 years old or so, and I haven't seen it around for sale too often. Ha ha too bad he said this Slabby:


Originally posted by Myers63

What are YOUR rarest pieces that the general HalloweeN collector doesn't have? Last time I checked Friday the 13th is not a Halloween collectible. :p

fanatic986
04-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I have an original window card from Carrie: The Musical. It only played 5 performances on Broadway in 1985, and is considered the most notorious flop in Broadway history.
I came across it in a store in NYC, and its hanging in my room.
That and my Linda Blair autograph are my two most treasured things.
I also have the Star Wars: Holiday Special on VHS, bootleg of course. And the original unreleased Fantastic Four movie from 1994, another bootleg.

Thats all I can think of right now.:)

MyersFan927
04-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Myers63
Hey Vincent,

Below is a photo of the H3 Proof cover...MrTaft pretty much summed it up :)

Thanks, Josh. That is so cool! I like it :)

MrTaft
04-04-2005, 07:48 PM
The thread is about "Halloween" items specifically. Please confine your answers to that.

MyersFan927
04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
So, why don't you share your many goodies with us, MrTaft? Time to amaze and impress us ;)

Myers63
04-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Thanks, Josh. That is so cool! I like it :)

You're welcome man! :)

I like it too....it's one of those instances that you know something is rare and you've just gotta jump on it,which I'm very happy that I did at the time. I've never seen another one listed on eBay again--not only for H3, but for any of the HalloweeN novels.

jmb_052
04-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Superman
Last time I checked Friday the 13th is not a Halloween collectible. :p

True, but he said "Halloween Collector", not things that are only Halloween related. ;)

Superman
04-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by jmb_052
True, but he said "Halloween Collector", not things that are only Halloween related. ;) And I quote:


Originally posted by MrTaft
The thread is about "Halloween" items specifically. Please confine your answers to that.

MyersFan927
04-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, okay?

Superman
04-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, okay? UUmm...what?:confused: This is a rare Halloween item thread not a general horror collection thread.

MyersFan927
04-05-2005, 07:29 PM
I know. I agree. But it seems as if he made an honest mistake. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

fanatic986
04-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I didn't know this was only for Halloween merchandise. I wouldn't have posted.

I think it would be more interesting if this thread included all things pop culture anyway.:)

Roswell
04-06-2005, 08:38 AM
The only line that said anything about Halloween was the last line, and I didn't read that. If that's what it was meant to be, then in the thread title it should have said "Insanely *RARE* HALLOWEEN Items that YOU Own"

Then there would not have been any confusion. Yes the forum says Halloween Memorabilia, but I think it's pretty clear that other movie items are discussed here.

Franchise
04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Mark Warner
The only line that said anything about Halloween was the last line, and I didn't read that. If that's what it was meant to be, then in the thread title it should have said "Insanely *RARE* HALLOWEEN Items that YOU Own"

Then there would not have been any confusion. Yes the forum says Halloween Memorabilia, but I think it's pretty clear that other movie items are discussed here.

Step 1. Dislodge Stick from ass
Step 2. Bring back the old Mark Warner

As for rare collectibles that I own, I'd have to say the rarest that I have is either my H6 reels or some of the trailers I have. Nothing else is too special.

MyersFan927
04-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Mike, I think those sealed laserdiscs and the original black and white pressbook counts for something as well.

Franchise
04-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Something they are.

MrTaft
04-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Mike, I think those sealed laserdiscs and the original black and white pressbook counts for something as well.

It's not a pressbook, just ad sheets. There was only one pressbook, and that was the colour one that Larry won recently.

MyersFan927
04-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by MrTaft
It's not a pressbook, just ad sheets. There was only one pressbook, and that was the colour one that Larry won recently.

Ah. It was said to be a pressbook, so I assumed it was true. Especially since that came from the seller's mouth. Thank you for pointing this out.

MrTaft
04-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Not at all. I'm sure the seller thought it was one, but was mistaken. ;)

jmb_052
04-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Superman
And I quote:

Fudge. Oh well. I own nothing that one might consider rare.

Myers63
04-19-2005, 10:57 PM
I apologize for the confusion, but my title was generalized(for HalloweeN items) since this forum was labeled "HalloweeN Memorabilia". I didn't see the need(at the time) to title it "Insanely *RARE* HalloweeN Items That YOU Own". I've enjoyed reading about the "insanely rare" non-HalloweeN items that have been posted, but my thoughts were on H-memorabilia when I made this thread. :)

Franchise
04-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Myers63
I apologize for the confusion, but my title was generalized(for HalloweeN items) since this forum was labeled "HalloweeN Memorabilia". I didn't see the need(at the time) to title it "Insanely *RARE* HalloweeN Items That YOU Own". I've enjoyed reading about the "insanely rare" non-HalloweeN items that have been posted, but my thoughts were on H-memorabilia when I made this thread. :)

Don't apologize. Some people won't let issues go.

MMyers89
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
My original Night of the Living Dead poster, from 1968. The site I got it from no longer has pictures of it, since I got it, but I'll soon get one.

Its worth a little over $1000 though, now that I have it framed and such, probably a little more.

MMyers89
04-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Myers63
I apologize for the confusion, but my title was generalized(for HalloweeN items) since this forum was labeled "HalloweeN Memorabilia". I didn't see the need(at the time) to title it "Insanely *RARE* HalloweeN Items That YOU Own". I've enjoyed reading about the "insanely rare" non-HalloweeN items that have been posted, but my thoughts were on H-memorabilia when I made this thread. :)

Oops, sorry...hehe

Oh well

Nils
05-08-2005, 05:42 AM
My most precious memorabilia is the Halloween script signed by Curtis, Carpenter, Soles and Pleasence. Proven authenticity. :)

MyersFan927
05-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Nils
My most precious memorabilia is the Halloween script signed by Curtis, Carpenter, Soles and Pleasence. Proven authenticity. :)

I know where you live, buddy, and besides, I owe myself a trip to Germany! :D

Iammrtwisted
05-27-2005, 10:41 PM
I have a small Halloween nightlite and an original movie ad for h2. I also have several rare posters, but they are in storage and I can't recall which ones

Ana-Matronic
05-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I think the rariest thing i own is my Alanis Morissette 21 THings I Want IN A Lover official promotional shirt!!!! Love it got it for 9 pounds on ebay!!!

Nils
05-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
I know where you live, buddy, and besides, I owe myself a trip to Germany! :D

haha...*lol* :D beware, I do have a 19" butcher knife. ;)

Iammrtwisted
05-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Nils
haha...*lol* :D beware, I do have a 19" butcher knife. ;)

Where can I get one of those!!!

ten31
05-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Nils
haha...*lol* :D beware, I do have a 19" butcher knife. ;) Good thing you said Butcher knife :D

Jeanette
05-31-2005, 01:01 PM
I really have NO idea how rare it is but I have a Halloween 20th anniversary shot glass from One Cue which I love. It actually has the picture of Myers from H4 I think :p

I also have the 20th anniversary snow glob vhs set which I think is not to common. But I may be wrong about that one as well :o

If you know Josh can you post here if these items are rare?

Nils
06-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by thetwistedsoul
Where can I get one of those!!!

Well, I got it over here from German Ebay. Not sure where to get one in the states and I dont think it would pass the security if I sent you one. :( sorry. :(

Ana-Matronic
06-03-2005, 12:47 PM
I wish myself they made a laurie figure.......Sideshow making a Laurie from H:R( i love that look, so CUUURAZY!!!)

MyersFan75
06-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Ana-Matronic
I wish myself they made a laurie figure.......Sideshow making a Laurie from H:R( i love that look, so CUUURAZY!!!)

NECA is big on fan requests.
I was just sitting around and the other night I thought about the Myers and Loomis Set and the Myers house porch.
I was wondering that if enough fans wanted it, they could make a scaled down Myers house replica.
I think that would be really cool.
Then perhaps a whole line of Halloween figures and accessories.
Think of Laurie strode from the original in her original outfit and then a Series 2 from Halloween 2.
Maybe even a replica of a hallway from the HMH w/ an actual dimmed light in the hallway...
I think they would really profit off of a horror series line other than their random headknockers and sets.

Think of a Halloween 2 version Myers w/ a small silver scalpel!!
I am really drooling over the possibilities. *Jamie in bloody clown costume*...perhaps.

;)

KruegerLives
06-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I've always dreamed of a model of the operating room scene in H2. Imagine Michael with a scalpel, Laurie pointing a gun at him, Loomis in the corner with a lighter. Gas Cannisters and an operating bed. That would be great! Also a figure set that hangs from the ceiling (Michael Myers stabbing Laurie in Ressurection?) Who knows I really do like the NECA Loomis and Myers set though. That was excellent!

MyersFan75
06-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by KruegerLives
I've always dreamed of a model of the operating room scene in H2. Imagine Michael with a scalpel, Laurie pointing a gun at him, Loomis in the corner with a lighter. Gas Cannisters and an operating bed. That would be great! Also a figure set that hangs from the ceiling (Michael Myers stabbing Laurie in Ressurection?) Who knows I really do like the NECA Loomis and Myers set though. That was excellent!

Perhaps you should drop them an E-Mail.
I guess I will too sometime this week or so - like I said they are big on fan requests so it is very well possible.
I'm not sure about rushing into Resurrection territory yet...:rolleyes:, but I certainly would love to see some more Halloween and Halloween 2 related products.
Then maybe some Halloween 4 stuff - the rest I wouldn't really care for much.
Unless they pulled out some grand stuff.

Iammrtwisted
06-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by KruegerLives
I've always dreamed of a model of the operating room scene in H2. Imagine Michael with a scalpel, Laurie pointing a gun at him, Loomis in the corner with a lighter. Gas Cannisters and an operating bed. That would be great! Also a figure set that hangs from the ceiling (Michael Myers stabbing Laurie in Ressurection?) Who knows I really do like the NECA Loomis and Myers set though. That was excellent!


I would go for that

MrTaft
06-05-2005, 02:27 AM
I have deleted a lot of recent posts that have been way off-topic, as are the last several that remain. Please remember that this thread is about rare "Halloween" items you might own, and if you wish to discuss future Neca items, please make a new thread. Thank you.

Trent
06-06-2005, 10:36 AM
The only rare Halloween item I have is the Producer's Cut of Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers then the other stuff is all official stuff you could buy at a mall or order off the net.

punkrocklove
06-26-2005, 04:26 PM
edit

JP1283
06-27-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure how rare it is, but I have the original "Halloween" paperback novel. I bought it at a used bookstore for 50 cents. It was a freakin' deal. It was awesome. It's the pumpkinhead cover edition...the story is somewhat different from the movie.

Myers63
06-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Here is a rare promo flyer promoting the HalloweeN Atari cartridge by Wizard Video Games. It's a 1-sided flyer printed on gloss stock paper and measures around 9.5x13in.

Certainly this must be a much rarer item than the game/box/instructions themselves--due to the fact that its never offered for sale whereas the game and contents quite often are.

Superman
06-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Cool Josh. :)

stnthmn
06-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Many years ago when I went to Party City they had a brown Michael Myers styrophome wall decoration. It looks similar to the 30 inch brown Michael Myers statue. I picked that up and ever since I have never seen it or heard about it again.

Jackolantern99
06-27-2005, 09:27 PM
I own nothing rare. My room could burst into flames this very instant and I'd be able to replace everything in here...

Iammrtwisted
06-27-2005, 10:14 PM
I have some rare stuff from other movies, but most of my Halloween stuff is easy to find.

MyersFan927
06-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Myers63
Here is a rare promo flyer promoting the HalloweeN Atari cartridge by Wizard Video Games. It's a 1-sided flyer printed on gloss stock paper and measures around 9.5x13in.

Certainly this must be a much rarer item than the game/box/instructions themselves--due to the fact that its never offered for sale whereas the game and contents quite often are.

Josh, that is very sharp. You rock.

horrornut
06-28-2005, 10:40 AM
we have a 35mm screening room in the house and I've been a film collector for years. Every October we have a Halloween dusk to dawn party.
In 35mm theatrical prints I have:
Halloween
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Halloween H20
The H20 print is DTS and we DO run DTS in our screening room.
Kicks "reel" ass.

MichaelMyers101
06-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by horrornut
we have a 35mm screening room in the house and I've been a film collector for years. Every October we have a Halloween dusk to dawn party.
In 35mm theatrical prints I have:
Halloween
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Halloween H20
The H20 print is DTS and we DO run DTS in our screening room.
Kicks "reel" ass.

Where do you get your 35mm prints from?

H-Field Hero
06-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by horrornut
we have a 35mm screening room in the house and I've been a film collector for years. Every October we have a Halloween dusk to dawn party.
In 35mm theatrical prints I have:
Halloween
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Halloween H20
The H20 print is DTS and we DO run DTS in our screening room.
Kicks "reel" ass. *jaw drops*

That is bad ass! What are the condition of your H1, H4, and h5 prints, since those are rather old?

Our board admin has the Halloween 6 print which he purchased from another member. I just mentioned that since I saw it wasn't on your list. I think he currently has it locked in a safety deposit box somewhere which I am plotting to rob.

Are you aspirsing to own the films in 35mm that you don't currently have?

Im a Physco
06-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I dont have anything :( but still a super fan

Im a Physco
06-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Actually i do have the pictures of the myers house :D

horrornut
06-28-2005, 04:04 PM
These 35mm prints are ones that other collectors have had in their possession for years. You can actually find 35mm prints for sale all over the country in estate sales, publications like "The Big Reel", etc. All of my prints are for the most part in nearly mint condition. My Halloween #1 print is one that had been struck in the last 10 years. The others are originals but not abused.
And yes, I'm looking for prints of H2 and H6 plus any 35mm trailers I can find.

horrornut
06-28-2005, 04:11 PM
If anyone has any 35mm Halloween material for sale please PM me.

Iammrtwisted
06-28-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by horrornut
we have a 35mm screening room in the house and I've been a film collector for years. Every October we have a Halloween dusk to dawn party.
In 35mm theatrical prints I have:
Halloween
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Halloween H20
The H20 print is DTS and we DO run DTS in our screening room.
Kicks "reel" ass.


Are you looking to adopt? Just kidding. Very cool!!!

bundy
07-27-2005, 12:14 PM
I have #9 of 750 limited edition Myers/Loomis 15" set. Not rare but one hell of a low number.

MinioN
07-27-2005, 12:38 PM
hmmm...I dont know how rare some of the stuff I have is, but I have the H4 and H5 DVD tins autographed from Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell, the set of the original Halloween novels (tho those aren't that rare), and a converted Shatner mask...

Sunday Girl
07-31-2005, 11:40 PM
The only **slightly** rare thing I have is the producers cut of "Halloween 6".

ShadowX81
08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Well I do own an original h1 poster. But that isnt that rare.

The only real rare items i own are one of a kind because i made them myself.
my myers unmasked figure and my myers house model (still in construction)

Obi-Wan
08-03-2005, 11:04 PM
I have the complete UK presskit for the original Halloween, a couple of 35mm trailers for Halloween II and UK Quad posters from Halloween 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 & 8. I think those are the rarest items I own.

Obi-Wan

Myers Insurance
08-04-2005, 01:35 AM
I have the 10-31-78 Limited Edition Halloween 2-VHS Set. It's number is around 10000 out of 40000, it's like 10490 or something like that... somewhat rare considering from 1998!

Myers Insurance
08-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Oh, I also have a clear case edition of H20. I haven't seen any of them around, but I could be wrong.

loomis6
08-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Halloween related I don't have very many "insanely" rare items, Its not my most treausured but its definately my wierdest... a H4 michael myers bobble head doll (found it on ebay for like twelve bucks 'buy it now.' really dirty, and looks pretty fake, but it was still odd enough for me to be worth buying) My rarest non-Halloween item ever would definately be my awesome McCoy Arabian Horse Toy from Indiana Jones. Valued at around 700 bucks.

MinioN
08-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I also forgot to mention my Donald Pleasance autographed picture. Its the one he sent out during the '80s if you wrote him a letter, and, since he's gone now, I guess it's pretty rare.

MyersFan927
08-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MinioN
I also forgot to mention my Donald Pleasance autographed picture. Its the one he sent out during the '80s if you wrote him a letter, and, since he's gone now, I guess it's pretty rare.

No shit, that's amazing.

H-Field Hero
08-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by MinioN
I also forgot to mention my Donald Pleasance autographed picture. Its the one he sent out during the '80s if you wrote him a letter, and, since he's gone now, I guess it's pretty rare. Yes that is amazing, because most of the DP autographs you see are fakes and it's not impossible to attain a new one. That is a VERY nice piece.

Zach-O-Lantern
08-05-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm guessing the rare items you all want to hear about are those in the horror genre...so I won't bore you with long posts of my Wizard of Oz collection. The only thing of value I have that's Halloween is my Halloween II novel that's in mint condition...amazing what $2 can get you at a bargain bookstore.

Myers Insurance
08-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by MinioN
I also forgot to mention my Donald Pleasance autographed picture. Its the one he sent out during the '80s if you wrote him a letter, and, since he's gone now, I guess it's pretty rare.

Would you mind selling that?

HalloweeN63
08-06-2005, 01:10 AM
What the fuck do you think?

MinioN
08-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Myers Insurance
Would you mind selling that?


LMAO, I dont think theres enough money in the world lol

horrornut
08-06-2005, 05:05 AM
Since my last posting I've picked up some interesting film.
This was a purchase from England. I found reels 1 and 2 (35mm) of Roger Corman's HOUSE OF USHER in gorgeous British IB Technicolor. Boy, this color jumps off the screen at ya. Now, whoever out there has MY reels 3 & 4 of this 4 reel print contact me NOW!!! lol Seriously, anyone who has any 35mm Halloween material for sale please PM me.

OldMyersHouse78
08-06-2005, 10:31 AM
I am just starting my collection. Any pointers as to what I should keep my eye out for in the future? I would like to know so I don't pass it up. All I really have is Myers doll and H3 book. Big whoop that is a lot. Wow step back. lol. I am just kidding and yes I have seen Joshes collection and it kicks ass!!!!!! Hey Josh!! He has everything imaginable. I am rather jealous!! Some of the stuff I would kill to have.:D

And Franchise please don't get all weird on me like you did on DVD's For sell I know that I shouldn't post but I was being honest!!Plus I would love to buy from you when I actually own money of my own. I know what this one is about. Thanks for the pointers whoever gives them. I thought I would ask the pros on this type of stuff!! I think you all have bright minds to collect such neat stuff!!!!!:D

SamhainxDreamz
08-11-2005, 12:09 PM
+Halloween novel, 2 copies: One with the pumpkin-head ghost and the other with the tranditional halloween pumkin with the knife
+Halloween II novel
+Halloween III novel
+Halloween IV novel (orange text on cover)
+Halloween IV Limited Edition signed by Nicholas Grabowsky
+Halloween collector dvd set (in the trick-or-treat box)
+Japanese Halloween movie poster: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Chicken_/JapanPoster.jpg
+Halloween books 1-3 by Kelly O'Rourke
+all the Halloween Fangoria magazines
+Halloween Chaos Comics #1-3
+Halloween air car freshener
+Halloween snow globe
+Halloween limited edition tins for both 4 and 5.
+Halloween 6: Origin of Michael Myers dvd (Producer's Cut)
+Halloween 8: The Homecoming dvd

Everything else I have is your run-of-the-mill dvds, soundtracks, action figures, movie posters.

SamhainxDreamz
08-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by OldMyersHouse78
I am just starting my collection. Any pointers as to what I should keep my eye out for in the future? I would like to know so I don't pass it up. All I really have is Myers doll and H3 book. Big whoop that is a lot. Wow step back. lol. I am just kidding and yes I have seen Joshes collection and it kicks ass!!!!!! Hey Josh!! He has everything imaginable. I am rather jealous!! Some of the stuff I would kill to have.:D

And Franchise please don't get all weird on me like you did on DVD's For sell I know that I shouldn't post but I was being honest!!Plus I would love to buy from you when I actually own money of my own. I know what this one is about. Thanks for the pointers whoever gives them. I thought I would ask the pros on this type of stuff!! I think you all have bright minds to collect such neat stuff!!!!!:D

I think collecting is more enjoyable if you collect the items YOU want, not neccisarily what is envied by people. Sometimes the not-so-rare things are more exciting for me than the ultra-rare ones.

That's just my opinion, though. Do with it what you will. :)

SEXMACHINE
08-11-2005, 01:05 PM
I own a couple of Tracie Lords videos.

myers2004
08-11-2005, 01:54 PM
got extra copies of the tracy lords videos hahahaha j/k

Iammrtwisted
08-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SEXMACHINE
I own a couple of Tracie Lords videos.

Somehow, I am not suprised. Especially given your member name

mikey1974
08-16-2005, 10:55 AM
nothing really TOO rare for me......

1989 Matchbox Talking freddy Krueger doll,still with the box....

WWF Championship belt replica signed by "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Vince McMahon.....got this done after seeing them in the hotel bar after Raw.....

mikey1974
08-16-2005, 03:35 PM
WHOOPS! guess i should've read the whole thread before posting......

a friend of mine took the loomis from the box-set and made me a custom H4 dr loomis figure with black gloves and scarred face....he even gave him a cane,god knows where that piece came from.....like i said,not really rare,but unique to me...

SickNick
08-16-2005, 05:01 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm, I own a lot of stuff. one thing that comes to mind is a SFX crew shirt from Friday the 13th VIII-Jason Takes Manhattan.

Myers63
08-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Here's an item from my collection that I consider to be "insanely" rare.

This is the HalloweeN 666:Origin Of Michael Myers Advance brochure distributed by Dimension films in early 1995.

MyersFan927
08-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Where is it, Josh?

Myers63
08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Where is it, Josh?


Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't post pics here. I had my digital camera on the lowest pixels and size setting and it was still too large. I miss my Photo Editing program!

MyersFan927
08-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Myers63
Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't post pics here. I had my digital camera on the lowest pixels and size setting and it was still too large. I miss my Photo Editing program!

Make sure you saved it in jpeg. I'd have liked to see that poster :( But if you can't put it up, that's fine.

Myers63
08-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Make sure you saved it in jpeg. I'd have liked to see that poster :( But if you can't put it up, that's fine.

I have it saved as jpeg I think the reason why I was having trouble was due to the extreme close-up I had to do to get the small print. I can e-mail you the photos at some point if you'd like? Just let me know in PM and I'll send them right off to you.

Myers63
08-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Here's a pretty cool panel from an early Anchor Bay display from 1997. I like what they did with the pumpkin art :)

Oneilmyers78
08-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Heres some rare items.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-121S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-122S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-123S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-127S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-128S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-129S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-131S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-135S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-136S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-137S.jpg

Myers63
08-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Damn, those are certainly some impressive foriegn HalloweeN artifacts you've got going there, Oneilmyers78! :)

Oneilmyers78
08-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Thanks!

Iammrtwisted
08-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Oneilmyers78
Heres some rare items.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-121S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-122S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-123S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-127S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-128S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-129S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-131S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-135S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-136S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-137S.jpg

Nice stuff. Pretty Impressive.

writer93
08-18-2005, 11:05 PM
cool stuff!

TheShape2005
08-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Oneilmyers78
Heres some rare items.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-121S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-122S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-123S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-127S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-128S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-129S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-131S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-135S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-136S.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b215/Mikeo86/?action=view&current=MVC-137S.jpg

those are awesome pics Mike. :)

Franchise
08-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Myers63
Here's an item from my collection that I consider to be "insanely" rare.

This is the HalloweeN 666:Origin Of Michael Myers Advance brochure distributed by Dimension films in early 1995.

You lucky bastard! You should host your pictures on photobucket. I'm impressed. Keeping with our conversation earlier (in PM's) I've got the Saw screener that came out pretty awesome.

MrTaft
08-19-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Myers63
Here's an item from my collection that I consider to be "insanely" rare.

This is the HalloweeN 666:Origin Of Michael Myers Advance brochure distributed by Dimension films in early 1995.

Yeah, remember that auction, Josh? The bastard wouldn't split any of it up and you had to buy all that other easy-to-find crap you already had. :p

Phil Anderson
08-28-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure this qualifies:

I have the Japanese pressing of the original soundtrack LP (vinyl). It says it's the original soundtrack, but it's not, it's a reasonable recreation by the Bowling Green Jr. Philharmonic Orchestra. This may sound cheap, but it's a nice, impressive looking LP. The cover looks like the original, but the orange has been toned down, giving it a monochromat look, except the Jack-o-Lantern eyes, which are light orange. Below the title in small text it says "Spacesizer 360 system recording" whatever that was. There isa nice big four page insert, with photos and bits of dialog, in English and Japanese. Affixed to the front wrap was a label that I saved. If anyone is still curious, I can type it out.

Any clue what this is worth? Not that I'd sell it.

Oneilmyers78
08-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Anywhere from 5-30. What ever anyone wants to pay. Yes it's a rare item, but there are other foreign lps that are rarer. I'd say it's rarer than any of the U.S. lps.

Phil Anderson
08-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks. Do you know the background of this LP? My guess is that as Carpenter's score wasn't available until about 1980 or so, that this was put together as a substitute, as least as far as Japanese fans were concerned. Bowling Green University is in Ohio though, so I don't know how the name stuck or the story with that. Also, this LP doesn't really sound like an orchestra, even though that's what it says. It sounds more "lite" for that. Like a couple of keyboard players and a percussionist. Though not terrible, like I noted, just not the original.

stnthmn
08-29-2005, 09:02 AM
One of my favorite rare pieces in my collection is my Japanese Halloween 6 VCD. It was one of those things that I managed to get off EBay really cheap. Another favorite is my Halloween 1 Chronioum (SP) cover comic book. I first saw this at Spencer gifts years ago and didn't want to shell out the extra money for it. I picked up the regular version instead. Then for a few years I kicked myself for not getting it until I saw it again on EBay and won the auction. I was lucky because at the last few minutes someone else kept outbidding me and finally I won.

Myers63
08-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil Anderson
I'm pretty sure this qualifies:

I have the Japanese pressing of the original soundtrack LP (vinyl). It says it's the original soundtrack, but it's not, it's a reasonable recreation by the Bowling Green Jr. Philharmonic Orchestra. This may sound cheap, but it's a nice, impressive looking LP. The cover looks like the original, but the orange has been toned down, giving it a monochromat look, except the Jack-o-Lantern eyes, which are light orange. Below the title in small text it says "Spacesizer 360 system recording" whatever that was. There isa nice big four page insert, with photos and bits of dialog, in English and Japanese. Affixed to the front wrap was a label that I saved. If anyone is still curious, I can type it out.

Any clue what this is worth? Not that I'd sell it.

A very nice piece of HalloweeN memorabilia to own! :)

Japan has a trend of creating possibly the most attractive packaging of any country. LPs and CDs that are released from Japan have, in many instances, a much higher resale worth than domesticly released albums/video.

The Japanese H1 LP is worth much more with its original OBI strip attatched..in fact, the OBI strip alone would probably fetch an additional $10-15 alone.

As far as the rarest LPs, foreign or otherwise, I'd say that the French H2 lp and the German-only H5 lp are amongst the rarest of the series, and should command a higher price.

Oneilmyers78
08-30-2005, 01:35 PM
I agree as the h5 lp is the only one I don't have. There was an auction not long ago and I fell asleep! It went for 40-50 dollars. I would think that would be around the the value of this lp.

MyersFan927
08-31-2005, 07:36 AM
The H5 is by far the hardest to find. I haven't seen one in quite some time. $40-50 sounds about right.

littlebuddyK
09-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Definitely my scope 16mm print of the first Halloween. There’s nothing better than that outside on the bigscreen come fall time.

mmyers78
09-07-2005, 10:55 AM
i would say the rarest piece i own but don't know how rare it is is the workprint edition of halloween h20 titled halloween 7 the revenge of laurie strode

writer93
09-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Cool! Wish i had it!

Iammrtwisted
09-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mmyers78
i would say the rarest piece i own but don't know how rare it is is the workprint edition of halloween h20 titled halloween 7 the revenge of laurie strode

That sounds cool. Where did you get it?