PDA

View Full Version : Night Of The Living Dead - Download It Here (legally)

Donnie Darko
04-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Before 1978, any copyrighted work had to have a copyright notice on every distribution, otherwise it wasn't considered copyrighted. George A. Romero mistakenly left out the copyright notice when he distributed his 1968 film NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. The copyright has not recently "lapsed," but was in fact never enforcable, which is why we have dozens of "pirate" distributions of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and innumerable knock-offs.

with that said, anyone who doesnt have the movie and would like to see it, get it here :)
if you watch this, youre then ready for Dawn of the Dead, then Day, then the upcoming Land of the Dead.
(you gotta pay for the rest though, but its worth it)

theres a few different DL sizes.
http://www.archive.org/movies/details-db.php?collection=feature_films&collectionid=night_of_the_living_dead&from=collectionSpotlight

Michaeleon
04-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Neat Dave, have it playing right now. And if I had the energy I would make the effort to find my DVD.

There's the option to download subtitles as well. I'm getting the french subs up just so I can practice my comprehension. 4 years of High school French don't fail me now!

"WARNING - This is a graphic horror film with some gory special effects. "

Well, god bless 'em for warning us. I mean that chocolate syrup is just over the top.

Chomp_on_this
04-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Yea I stumbled across that awhile ago. That's a pretty big file.

Is it ripped from any particular NOTLD DVD? How's the picture quality?

Donnie Darko
04-05-2005, 08:49 PM
im not really sure on the quality, ive not watched it myself but i found that link for a friend. i really have no ideas on what dvd edtion its from. i was curious myself if the 4gb file was an authored dvd, but again, i have no ideas.
i can be useless at times, huh? lol

i figured if one person watched this movie and then watched Land of the Dead later this year, then ive persuaded one person to watch it, thats my part.

Originally posted by Michaeleon
"WARNING - This is a graphic horror film with some gory special effects. "
Well, god bless 'em for warning us. I mean that chocolate syrup is just over the top.
ya never, ever cease to make me crack up!
isnt there a phobia of some kind, people being scared of chocolate syrup?
some people faint when they see too much syrup in one place at one time.... mmm.... i know i could....

MMyers89
04-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko

isnt there a phobia of some kind, people being scared of chocolate syrup?
some people faint when they see too much syrup in one place at one time.... mmm.... i know i could....

There's a phobia for everything. Some people are afraid of phobias, some are a afraid of doorknobs and many other strange things.

Miss Informed
04-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Awesome....Thanks Dave :)

somebigguy
04-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks man, downloading the movie now, never seen it, looking forward to it. Especially the scenes that show up in Halloween.

zombie commando
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Dude just go buy the thing. I've seen it as low as 6 bucks on DVD.

somebigguy
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Dude just go buy the thing. I've seen it as low as 6 bucks on DVD.

I ain't got that kind of money.

zombie commando
04-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by somebigguy
I ain't got that kind of money.
Then get a job you bum. *shakes fist in air.

somebigguy
04-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Its funny, I just watched the version I downloaded last Saturday morning. Then I went to Canadian Tire and there it was on DVD for $5.00!!!

Looks like I saved 5 bucks!!!! Who is the bum now?

bloody_pumpkin
04-23-2005, 06:38 AM
Its funny, I just watched the version I downloaded last Saturday morning. Then I went to Canadian Tire and there it was on DVD for $5.00!!!

Looks like I saved 5 bucks!!!! Who is the bum now?

rocky balboa

zombie commando
04-26-2005, 05:38 AM

Looks like I saved 5 bucks!!!! Who is the bum now? Your mom.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

afraid2fall
04-29-2005, 02:57 PM
That's neat that you can downoad it and watch it on your computer..me and my fiancee have the DVD got it at Walgreens for 9 bucks :D

TheShape2005
05-07-2005, 01:10 AM
I remember back about 8 months ago Night of the Living dead was playing on a movie Channel on Starz! I was watching it and heard that theme in HalloweeN II! and got a blank tape and recorded but then later I recorded over it! I wish I never did that now!!!!

o well got it back now!!!

somebigguy
05-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Don't you love it?

"They're coming to get you Barbara..."

It's cool to finally see where that line actually came from.

TheShape2005
05-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Don't you love it?

"They're coming to get you Barbara..."

It's cool to finally see where that line actually came from.

yeah the background music wasn't going when he said they're coming to get you barbara like it did in HalloweeN II! but yes it was way cool when I saw it that night! I heard that theme start and was like

I will be Damn!!:D

somebigguy
05-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Yep, I gotta see the original thing. I wanna see the music that is playing when Tommy is behind the curtain...

TheShape2005
05-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Yep, I gotta see the original thing. I wanna see the music that is playing when Tommy is behind the curtain...

your talking about The Thing! this movie is in HalloweeN II

somebigguy
05-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TheShape2005
your talking about The Thing! this movie is in HalloweeN II

Thats what I meant, should have capitalized "the thing"....

writer93
09-04-2005, 05:49 AM
can u d load any movie on there for free without registering?

myersRUNNER2
09-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I know this might not be the right thread for this but... Recently i only got to watch part of "Night of the Living Dead" and i had to cut the grass on the part where they started showing where everyone in the area's should go for safty, and it was weird becasue they were naming towns not that far away from me. So i was wondering if anyone could give me the complete list they gave since I didnt get to see all of them. If you can it would greatly appreciated. I know its weird and all but its interesting to see what local towns and countys made it in to this movie. So if you can i would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

writer93
09-25-2005, 04:12 AM
man thats cool that you can just d load it like that, wish a lot of other movies were like that on here!!

no myersRUNNER2, I am of no help, but im sure someone else could be. do you mean give a list of towns and counties that were named in the film, or actually set in it? If you just want the names that they listed, just re watch that part of the film.

myersRUNNER2
09-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I just want the counties and towns listed. I can't watch it again cause I do not own the movie. It was on ENCORE so that is how I seen some of it. Thanks anyway

writer93
09-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Why dont you d load it on here then? There is a link at the beginning of this thread, download it!

myersRUNNER2
09-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by writer93
Why dont you d load it on here then? There is a link at the beginning of this thread, download it!
Ummm... Because I don't have DSL/Cable connection and it takes like 11 hours. Trust me my friend, I tried. And I doubt my parents will allow me to stay online for a whole 11 hours while people are trying to call.

scream_sayonara
09-27-2005, 03:48 PM
which version should i download....im not real computer-smart-----i have DSL, so what would be the best bet?

writer93
09-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Just try either one. They worked good for me, just try, and see which one you think is the best.

myers2004
09-28-2005, 03:09 PM
myersrunner ill try and watch the movie this weekend as i have like 5 copies of it so im sure i can find it. as far as it being to much to pay for by anyone i bought two copies of it this year for 1$ each one at wal-mart and one at a familly dollar store. the one at the familly dollar store had night and also had last house on the left if i remember right. well worth looking into just to add to a collection as im trying to get all the differnet covers i can from it.

Freddy's_Fan
10-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Cool! but i have the George Romero Trilogy on DVD

Myers Insurance
10-22-2005, 12:11 PM
For some reason, all I see is the navigation and that's it.

Nils
10-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Myers Insurance
For some reason, all I see is the navigation and that's it.

Me too. :(

Silverpsycho
10-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Weird, it was always there to use, but it isn't working for me either. That is strange because considering the material isn't copyrighted...it shouldn't have been taken away due to legal issues. Hopefully it's just a glitch or something now.

Dr_Loomis02
07-12-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.cinemassacre.com/2010/07/12/night-of-the-living-dead-cemetry/

James Rolfe visits the old cemetery that features in the 1968 classic NOTLD

Torgo
07-12-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.cinemassacre.com/2010/07/12/night-of-the-living-dead-cemetry/

James Rolfe visits the old cemetery that features in the 1968 classic NOTLD

I saw that, I was surprised it still looked pretty much the same, as I had heard that a lot of it was uprooted by a storm years ago. They mentioned that in the vid.

Ispitonmygrave
09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Personal Spam - But hopefully appreciated by the members:

GrindhouseGarage.com has several public-domain classics for instant viewing. They are embedded links from [legal] uploads on Youtube.

All films are copyright free and are properly utilized.

(If this violates any board TOS, please advise and I'll delete the post)

xSilenT_TigeRx
10-14-2010, 08:48 PM
If you have Netflix, the original "Night of the Living Dead" is on Instant Play. Watched it for the 1st time about a week ago via that.

captainoneliner
11-09-2010, 03:07 PM
You can find this movie in the strangest places, usually for just a couple bucks. It was originally called "Night of the Flesh Eaters" and somewhere in the switch the copyright got f'ed up. It's amazing all of the different ways the peeps who made this movie got screwed over. I'm reading a "behind the scenes" book on Night of the Living Dead.. fun stuff.