PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE Halloween Mask!!!!!

larry-new
03-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Guys..feast your eyes upon the holy grail of Halloween masks..and then cry when you look at the freakin' price! ...Larry

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7503310904&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

MyersFan927
03-24-2005, 10:56 AM
haha yes, Nils and I were looking at this this morning. What a beauty, and in rare mint condition. Only a few other people have the mask in such preserved and intact quality. Whoever wins the item will definitely be happy for the rest of their lives.

larry-new
03-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Awesome mask. I don't think I've ever even seen one before. Did you guys think it would go for so much??? The ORIGINAL Leatherface mask used in the movie went for a third less..and this one wasn't even used in the making of the movie........Larry

MyersFan927
03-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by larry-new
Awesome mask. I don't think I've ever even seen one before. Did you guys think it would go for so much??? The ORIGINAL Leatherface mask used in the movie went for a third less..and this one wasn't even used in the making of the movie........Larry

Nils and I think it will end at 12k. To be honest, the 8 so far doesn't surprise me at all. An original screen used mask could even succeed 20 if it were ever on Ebay.

The only reason I can come up with as to why a non-screen used Kirk mask is going for more than a screen used Leatherface mask is because the Kirk is a hugely hhot item and more people like the Halloween series?

ten31
03-24-2005, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't pay 8 grande for Shatner's real head.

Jeanette
03-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by ten31
I wouldn't pay 8 grande for Shatner's real head.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

larry-new
03-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Damn, that is a lot of money. If memory serves, an entire Jason costume including mask, suit and machete from part 7 sold for a little over $20,000. I think you guys are right about there being more Halloween fans than TCM fans but ten grand?
On a side note, I know a collector who has an original 75 Shatner conversion made for H2. I wonder what that would go for on Ebay?..................................Larry

MyersFan927
04-02-2005, 03:14 PM
The auction for the mask either has been terminated or there is some other kind of problem, I don't know what. Just now I clicked on the link for the mask, knowing the auction is expired, to see what the final price was, but it won't let you view it because it is invalid. Any other ended Ebay auction is always viewable for 90 days as long as you have a link or the ID number, but for some reason, they won't let you see this one. Last time I checked, though, the current bid was $9,000 I believe.

Wonder what's going on with the link. The item could have been removed by the seller, who may have had second thoughts.

---

"Invalid Item
This listing (7503310904) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

Items that ended more than 90 days ago are no longer accessible through the eBay system."

larry-new
04-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah...I was curious myself. As far as I know when an item is declared "invalid" like that it usually means the seller's account was suspended. That is why you can't even see the auction at all.................Larry

Chuck D
04-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Anybody save a picture of it? Me wanna see. :)

Philo Bedo
04-02-2005, 04:26 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7504067517&rd=1

boogeyman87
04-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Philo Bedo
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7504067517&rd=1

Wow, I've never seen that mask before. Thanks for posting that.

MrTaft
04-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Sellers can remove the auction number so people don't try and check what something went for, etc, after it's finished, like we're all doing. Although he's restarted it.

Philo Bedo
04-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Ebay ended his auction for the 75 Kirk because he had language in the description stating that a 3% fee would be added if payment was by Paypal. This is against Ebay policy, obviously he didn't know. He apologized to everyone who was watching, espcially the bidders. At first, he thought it was the MASK GODS sending him a sign that he should not part with the piece. However it is relisted back up on ebay with the 3% language removed.