PDA

View Full Version : 28 Weeks Later...

boogeyman87
03-10-2005, 06:31 PM
I started this thread close to the end of the UHMB days, just bringing it back into existence because of the update on the flick yesterday.

3/09/05
Original director Danny Boyle (who now serves as executive producer) spoke recently with SciFi Wire about the film. Here's what he said: "It's got a very good idea in it. [The idea] is that ... Britain has been emptied. There's nobody there. It's completely dead. And six months later the Americans arrive to reboot it back up again." He also went on to say how he wont be directing and how the original cast are too busy to return for the sequel.

Source: UHM.com (http://upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/28weeks.php)

What is known about the sequel to 28 Days Later,

- The original cast will not return.
- It's likely that original director Danny Boyle and screenwriter Alex Garland will take producing roles alongside original producer, Andrew Macdonald.
- Rowan Joffe is in talks to write the script.
- Fox Searchlight is developing this.

Its scarce news and facts but discuss the sequel here.

Mr. Bruce
03-10-2005, 07:00 PM
The movie sucked and so is this one.

Kara Strode
03-10-2005, 07:06 PM
wow, glad you know it will already suck

I liked 28 Days Later. Thanks for the info, Chris.

Mr. Bruce
03-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Kara Strode
wow, glad you know it will already suck Yup...:rolleyes:

Kara Strode
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Anyway, on the topic of 28 Days Later..and the sequel...

What do you think, Chris...you excited?

boogeyman87
03-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Anyway, on the topic of 28 Days Later..and the sequel...

What do you think, Chris...you excited?

Well, to me I found 28 Days Later kind of plain and simple. Sort of good but sort of lackluster. I'm interested in the idea for the sequel though, it sounds like there could be promising things from the plot. I should give 28 Days Later a rewatch...

Kara Strode
03-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Well, to me I found 28 Days Later kind of plain and simple. Sort of good but sort of lackluster. I'm interested in the idea for the sequel though, it sounds like there could be promising things from the plot. I should give 28 Days Later a rewatch...

Yea, do that. Some movies do get better on subsequent viewings.

Honestly? 28 Days Later is what awakened my interest in zombie movies.

freethy
03-10-2005, 08:21 PM
I still haven't seen this shit.

Mr. Bruce
03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by freethy
I still haven't seen this shit. I wish I could say the same.

It's Neal
03-10-2005, 09:38 PM
This was a homage to old school zombie movies, with the look and feel. Why mess it up with this?

MichaelMyers
03-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by freethy
I still haven't seen this shit.
Me either, but someone was trying to talk me into seeing it at school yesterday.

Silverpsycho
03-11-2005, 03:59 AM
I am not sure how I feel about the sequal and the fact that the original cast is not returning but I will most likely go see this once it hits theatres since I enjoy the original. If it has zombie-like figures, then it's worth a watch for me.

I kept this in the back of my mind but somewhat lost interest due to lack of updates so thanks for the latest news Chris ;)

boogeyman87
03-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
I am not sure how I feel about the sequal and the fact that the original cast is not returning but I will most likely go see this once it hits theatres since I enjoy the original. If it has zombie-like figures, then it's worth a watch for me.

I kept this in the back of my mind but somewhat lost interest due to lack of updates so thanks for the latest news Chris ;)

No problem Liz, I'm not sure how I feel about the cast not returning. Cillian is a pretty good actor.

C_Bone
03-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Yea, do that. Some movies do get better on subsequent viewings.

Honestly? 28 Days Later is what awakened my interest in zombie movies.

I liked this movie alot, but seriously, screw fast zombies!

Michaeleon
03-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm with Liz, sort of on the fence on how to interpret this. Well, I like the brief synopsis we got anyway. Britain is abandoned, and the Americans come to revive the fallen Island. *cue the monty python music*

Yeah, I'm a little disheartened that we won't be seeing a continuation on the previous characters. Although maybe that would be for the best, a fresh set of characters for the new story.

All in all, I'm excited to see what develops.

Franchise
03-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Sounds a lot to me that they're trying to make their own zombie line like Romero's. Continuation of the storyline except without the same characters. Got the earmarks.

Roswell
03-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Can't wait for this. Should be fun to see this.

zombie commando
04-14-2005, 06:52 AM
Should be pretty badass if they keep the adrenaline pumping scenes up. The first started out great then lagged to the finishing line. Hopefully the second maintains breakneck pace the whole way through.

slasherfan
05-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Sounds like a good idea for the movie. I liked the first, so I'll definately be going to see this one.

Oliver
05-12-2005, 01:07 AM
Weren't there outbreaks in Paris and more importantly, New York reported in the first film?

Anyway, sounds good, but the Rage infected would have all starved to death by now. How mjany Americans are gonna be in England? I don't think they'll be enough to start up a new army of the infected.

As for returning character, I think Frank and Selena went through enough in the first film, a fresh start is for the best.

Oliver
05-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Weren't there outbreaks in Paris and more importantly, New York reported in the first film?

Anyway, sounds good, but the Rage infected would have all starved to death by now. How mjany Americans are gonna be in England? I don't think they'll be enough to start up a new army of the infected.

As for returning character, I think Frank and Selena went through enough in the first film, a fresh start is for the best.

zombie commando
05-12-2005, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Oliver
The whole ending seemed to point to the fact that the virus was contained within the island. They were being fed propaganda to believe that the whole world was infected, probably as a means to divert any thoughts of leaving Britain in search of safer territories.

slasherfan
05-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
The whole ending seemed to point to the fact that the virus was contained within the island. They were being fed propaganda to believe that the whole world was infected, probably as a means to divert any thoughts of leaving Britain in search of safer territories.

That's what I thought too. Besides, there's no way producers of horror films nowaday's are gonna leave a movie without some sequel fodder.

zombie commando
05-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by slasherfan
That's what I thought too. Besides, there's no way producers of horror films nowaday's are gonna leave a movie without some sequel fodder. I thought the original was a pretty open and shut case. It left very little material for the sequel beyond the possibility of showing how different people dealt with the epidemic in Britian, or if the disease spreaded to other continents post credits.

I suppose you are right though. There is always ways to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

slasherfan
05-16-2005, 08:19 PM
I thought the original was a pretty open and shut case. It left very little material for the sequel beyond the possibility of showing how different people dealt with the epidemic in Britian, or if the disease spreaded to other continents post credits.

I suppose you are right though. There is always ways to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Yeah, like the ending of H20. I never thought they'd pull a sequel out of that. Movie makers can pull a sequel out of nothing.

zombie commando
05-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by slasherfan
Yeah, like the ending of H20. I never thought they'd pull a sequel out of that. Movie makers can pull a sequel out of nothing. Yes, and the sequel to H20 blew sloppy sea horse balls. I hope the material for the sequel to this flick is better than that mess.

slasherfan
05-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Yes, and the sequel to H20 blew sloppy sea horse balls. I hope the material for the sequel to this flick is better than that mess.

Agreed. Hopefully the film makers are out to make a decent movie, and not solely to profit off of the original.

Mr.Garrett81
05-23-2005, 07:27 AM
28 days later was an okay movie. Definetly some scary scenes here and there but overall I was a little dissapointed. Im sure 28 weeks later will do well in the box office but suck as far as film and story wise.

zombie commando
05-23-2005, 08:54 AM
I felt like 28 Days Later lacked a bit in the action department. It needed more excitement. If they could pull of the characterization of 28 Days in 28 Weeks and add a dose of more excitement and gore it should be good.

NeewollaH
11-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Wow, I just saw 28 Days later about a month ago, and boy, did I have fun.

I was going to bring up the old 28 thread but look who started that one...let's not bring that up again :rolleyes:

Wow! I loved it! Every second! It wasn't until I have halfway through when I went "wow, this guy definetely has taken some notes off of Danny Boyle." Heh, to my surprise..

What I liked the most about 28 Days Later was how it incorporated the main plot points/social commentaries (minus racism, didn't really see that in there too much) from Romero's dead trilogy and packaged into one 100 minute trauma of a movie. They had the adventurous DOTD feel (with the shopping scene as well). They had the horror of being trapped in a house with "zombies" on the loose. They had the army fucking everything up! I loved it. It was like watching Night, Dawn and Day in an hour and a half. Solid acting, a good soundtrack, and one hell of an ending. I'll give it an A-. Wow, I can't believe I didn't see it earlier.

boogeyman87
07-14-2006, 07:28 AM
The film now has a release date of 5/11/07. Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is directing.

Muse
10-10-2006, 06:07 AM
The film now has a release date of 5/11/07. Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is directing.

I only jus noticed this thread and i know its been on for a while now but im pretty god damn thrilled by this news!!!

I loved the first, shame Cillian wont be returning, but still, should be a good movie. Thanks for the news (and updates) boogeyman87 ;)

HiddenDragon
10-10-2006, 07:46 AM
I heard about this film before over at another site, but I'm glad that it has a release date now and it's actually being worked on.

Phatty Matty
10-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Joblo.com was invited to the set of 28 Weeks Later for a few days. And while there won't be a set visit report for a while, he did give us this little sneak peak. Pretty damn interested now:

28 WEEKS LATER is being directed (as we speak) by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, he of a fine film called INTACTO and an Oscar-nominated short called ESPOSADOS. But don't get too upset, infecto-fans, because you'll be happy to know that the trio behind the original flick (Danny Boyle, Andrew Macdonald & Alex Garland) have their thumbs in the sequel pie, which I feel is always a good sign. During our two days on the set of 28 WEEKS LATER, we got to meet tons of infected freaks, sneak a peek at some gloriously gory footage (like: helicopter blades meet multiples craniums), and watch some of the prologue being shot.

Actors like Robert Carlyle and Catherine McCormack were hard at work, yet the coolest (and most forthcoming) folks were the anonymous types: The stuntpeople, the make-up folks, the costumers and the gore-slingers. Everyone involved on 28WL seems to hold the original flick in very high regard -- and not just because the movie made a good deal of money. Based on the numerous conversations I had with a rather eclectic variety of filmmakers, these people are doing all they can to top 28 DAYS LATER -- although if the flick's "just as good" as the first one, I (and a bunch of other movie nerds) will be very happy indeed.

28 WEEKS LATER synopsis: "Six months after the rage virus has annihilated the British Isles, the US Army declares that the war against infection has been won, and that the reconstruction of the country can begin. In the first wave of returning refugees, a family is reunited -- but one of them unwittingly carries a terrible secret. The virus is not yet dead, and this time, it is more dangerous than ever."

And now to go with this is a little clip from behind the scenes...

http://www.foxatomic.com/#PAGE_101:movie=/cols/cols_1600_1_28wclip.flv&movie_id=1601

atomic dog
11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
i want to see this movie but this shot looks like it was taken right out of the dawn of the dead

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/28weeks.php

click on the last image.

Muse
11-03-2006, 04:22 AM
i want to see this movie but this shot looks like it was taken right out of the dawn of the dead

Yeah, it kinda does doesn't it. That doesn't bother me though, I still cant wait for this movie to be released.

WickedDeath
03-06-2007, 04:07 PM
When I saw this in the theatre I felt like my wallet was raped afterwards, BUT after getting it on DVD (as a gift) I rewatched it a couple of times and started to like it a bit. It had a fresh sense to it and quite a few nods to Romero and His films. As for the sequel, without original cast, it's dead in the water I think.

Phatty Matty
03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Teaser poster:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Phatmaster2k5/28-teaser.jpg

Roswell
03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Cool poster. I can't wait for this movie.

myersfan1348
03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Awesome poster, this movie should rock!

Silverpsycho
03-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Very, very cool poster. It reminds me of a Dawn of the Dead type style so I like it a lot. Can't wait for the infected to come running into theatres again. :D

atomic dog
03-20-2007, 07:09 PM
reminds me of the crazies. the movie from romero.

Silverpsycho
03-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Yes, I totally see that! It's much more like that than a Dawn of the Dead look like I said previously. I really have to get this poster for myself. I've really gotten addicted to just looking at it.

atomic dog
03-23-2007, 02:22 PM
i jusr saw the trailer today before the hills have eyes 2 and the same poster at the movies.

Khan
03-23-2007, 02:32 PM

I always thought that about 28DL and the sequal as well.

It isn't a zombie movie, more of an virus or epidemic film.

Silverpsycho
03-26-2007, 02:56 AM
I always thought that about 28DL and the sequal as well.

It isn't a zombie movie, more of an virus or epidemic film.
Yeah, I always used to give people a dirty look when they referred to this film as a zombie movie. I usually correct people and say that the people aren't dead...they're infected. However, since a majority out there think that it's a zombie movie...I just let it go. I even had a film class where the professor kept on saying "zombie movie...zombie movie...zombie movie!" which annoyed me to no end. Then again, you have to remember the director is also paying tribute to Romero's "Day of the Dead," so even though it isn't a zombie movie, it has many elements to it that make it sure feel like one. Plus it's always under the zombie type genre online for big retail stores so if you can't beat 'em...join 'em I guess. I'm so bored so I just decided to go off on this I guess...lol. I am looking forward to this sequal very much and I'm hopeful that the new characters will be just as likeable and believable like with 28 Days Later. Only one can hope.

Khan
03-26-2007, 04:08 AM
The movie has people attacking other people, which is influenced by zombie movies, but takes more from Romero's The Crazies then anything else.

I have, and will always believe, that there are NO zombies in the movie, just infected living people.

Muse
03-26-2007, 06:37 AM
28 Weeks Later.. small preview (http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=535&item=1)

Just a little bit of what's instore. Don't think any one's posted it yet, and if they have then i'm sorry but I couldn't be bothered to look through the whole 4 pages of the thread :p

And OMG!!! The song they use.. It's about 8 years old, and only a b-side, but OMG it's Muse! Hahaha. I'm loving it :D

myersfan1348
03-26-2007, 10:03 AM
If you ask me this looks awesome! Cant wait to see it.

Roswell
03-26-2007, 10:22 AM
From that preview, it looks like they're upping the action in this one. Not sure how I feel about that. I hope there's not too much action.

boogeyman87
03-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I saw the trailer before The Hills Have Eyes 2 today and I must say I'm definitely looking forward to this. I thought that first one had a certain charm about it that increased after multiple viewings and this one seems to have that same bit of charm. That wink at the end adds some style, as does the Muse song.

Silverpsycho
03-28-2007, 01:00 AM
That little clip sure has me psyched and Muse makes everything better...no matter what it is. :) I really am looking forward to this sequal.

Muse
03-28-2007, 06:26 AM
That little clip sure has me psyched and Muse makes everything better...no matter what it is. :) I really am looking forward to this sequal.

Haha, we think very alike we do :D:D

I really can't wait to see this movie. Even though i'm expecting it to be crap compared to 28 Days.. I will just walk into the cinema expecting nothing as a sequel, and I wil judge it entirely on a single movie basis, and not part of a series of any kind.

JJ07
03-28-2007, 07:29 AM
it was ok but should have been in america

Roswell
03-28-2007, 07:34 AM
it was ok but should have been in america

What should have been in America?

Femanizer
03-28-2007, 10:42 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_atomic/28weekslater/

Full trailer

Roswell
03-28-2007, 11:12 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_atomic/28weekslater/

Full trailer

Thanks Kris.

Khan
03-28-2007, 11:55 AM
It looks pretty good!

Inhumane
03-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Looks pretty decent.

halo thirty one
03-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Didn't they use a digital video camera to shoot 28 Days Later? I liked the way that look added to the overall creepiness of the movie. It looks like they dropped that for the new one, but it still looks good enough to see when it comes out.

Muse
03-29-2007, 06:47 AM
A few scenes look the way that they did in 28 Days but more of it seems to look plain. I gotta say though, I loved the looks of 28 Days. It's one of the reasons why the film stands out to me so much. It's different, and I love it. I wish they'd kept up the technique, and I wish it was used in a few more movies (but not too many, or it'd lose its "genuine" feel).

myersfan1348
03-29-2007, 06:50 AM
I think it looks pretty good but not the best....

Roswell
03-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Didn't they use a digital video camera to shoot 28 Days Later? I liked the way that look added to the overall creepiness of the movie. It looks like they dropped that for the new one, but it still looks good enough to see when it comes out.

Yes, they shot on digital.

I love the look as well. It gave the film a real "you are there" feel.

Muse
04-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Yes, they shot on digital.

I love the look as well. It gave the film a real "you are there" feel.

Definately. I've always felt that 28 Days had the best look of any movie i'd ever seen. It worked so well, and gave it a fantastic look.

What other movies have been filmed in that format??

zombie commando
04-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I'll catch this on video. Nothing about it right now really gets my goat.

wyatt s
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I didn't particularly like 28 days, partly because i saw it at a party with a bunch of screaming thirteen year old girls, but mostly cause i thought it was overlong kind of boring and in some cases a blatant pepsi commercial. but i'll probably give this a try anyway

Roswell
04-19-2007, 12:16 PM
I'll catch this on video.

I might do the same, but only cause there are too many other movies I need to see.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 03:39 AM
I might do the same, but only cause there are too many other movies I need to see.

That and the first one was boring.

WhiteZombie
04-20-2007, 03:59 AM
I liked the first one, And the trailer for this one. I'll problably be seeing it opening night or the night after.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 06:11 AM
I liked the first one, And the trailer for this one. I'll problably be seeing it opening night or the night after.

The first one started out great then petered off to an abyssmal end. The proverbial ball dropped.

Muse
04-20-2007, 06:35 AM
The first one started out great then petered off to an abyssmal end. The proverbial ball dropped.

Wow, your the first person I know to think that.

I think this is a film where charcter development is probably the most important thing throughout the film (a bit like Dawn of the Dead (78)). I personally think the ending is fantastic, other than the last scene (suprise suprise they all live). The alternate ending is much better. A little more drama. Which brings me to another point. The drama of the movie is fantastic toward the end. From the girl losing her father, to Cillian Muprhy (forgot character name now! Damn!) finding out the plans for "the women" and then his turnaround and the way he saves the day and such. The music from that film is fantastic too. Really add's to the atmosphere of the film.

I know everyones entitled to opinion, but generally i'm suprised that you found it boring. Maybe if you'd said you didn't like the plot, then I wouldn't be so shocked, but boring, that suprised me. Oh well. Each to his own.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 06:58 AM
I think it stops being exciting after they left the city. Call it character development if you will, but it's a big homage to Day of the Dead without the good bits.

Then Cillian Murphy all of a sudden becoming Rambo and taking out armed soldiers at the end was ridiculous. Absurd. POOWWEEE!!!

Muse
04-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Ahh, so now i'm getting the point that you don't neccesarily find it boring but you think its a cheap rip off? That makes more sense.

I'll give you the first bit, but as for the second. Most of what he does is just showing stealth. Any person may have that, so it's possible. And most of the time, its Cillian running around setting the infected on the soldiers. He doesn't take no more than 2 out himself.

So, I see your points, but personally, I don't think of them in the same way as you. I love the movie myself.

This sequel however, is looking a little of the lame side of things.

Roswell
04-20-2007, 08:51 AM
That and the first one was boring.

Disagreed. Loved it from start to finish, though I agree with you that it was better when they were in the city.

WhiteZombie
04-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Not a chancee. When they got with the soldiers (which is when I assume is when your saying it got shitty), I thought it stayed just as good.

HannibalBEATNGU
04-22-2007, 07:01 PM
The first one started off great and got even greater with a fantastic pay off during the finale.

WhiteZombie
04-22-2007, 07:02 PM
The first one started off great and got even greater with a fantastic pay off during the finale.

Exacly.

Muse
04-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Well, looks like I won't be seeing this movie for a while due to the f*cking 18 certificate the BBFC has given/is going to give it. I've read somewhere that it will be 18, so that's all my hope down the drain. Damn!

At least this way I get to see others reactions before I see it myself. :D

bucky01403
04-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Well, looks like I won't be seeing this movie for a while due to the f*cking 18 certificate the BBFC has given/is going to give it. I've read somewhere that it will be 18, so that's all my hope down the drain. Damn!

At least this way I get to see others reactions before I see it myself. :D

There are ways around it you know.

Muse
04-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Not in the cinema's around me. I've tried before. They wouldn't even let me into a damn 15 without proof of age, so an 18 has no chance.

And if your thinking fake I.D., then think again. I'm not illegal :p

Muse
04-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Not looking entirely believeable right now, but I thought i'd post anyway, and see what people say about this.

28 Months Later.. (the title get's more rediculous each time (if its true)).

England hasn't even been re-infected with rage yet, but 28 DAYS LATER director and 28 WEEKS LATER exec producer Danny Boyle is already giving consideration to where those speedy homicidal freaks could travel next. Boyle was apparently out promoting his deep space flick SUNSHINE (which we don't get in the US until later in the year), and told an Irish radio station that he'd like to see the toxic killers invade a nearby European country known for its cuisine, bike race, and general Frenchness. The potential title would be the logical progression: 28 MONTHS LATER (I assume because 28 FORTNIGHTS LATER doesn't translate globally).

Of course, Boyle could just be twisting our nips with a gag... besides, any possible sequel is really up to Fox Atomic, based on how well the sequel does as it mangles people around the world starting in May.

Source: http://www.joblo.com/28-months-later (I think i've heard before that this isn't a reliable source anyway, but maybe I misheard).

So, laugh it off, get excited, don't care, or do what you will with this. Right now i'm not bothered about it at all, but I figured i'd post anyway.

Roswell
04-27-2007, 08:05 AM
I say go for it, so long as this new movie is good.

Muse
04-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I say go for it, so long as this new movie is good.

Did you intentionally not include the word "if" in that post? :p

28 Weeks isn't looking all that good. Sure, decent, but not fantastic. So IF it is decent, then sure, go for it, especially with Boyle on board, but if not, then leave it. No point continuing if it's just going to end up repetative and crap like other series'.

bucky01403
04-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Finally watched 28 Days Later today, and its the second best zombie movie only behind Dawn of the Dead. If you want to call it a zombie flick.

zombie commando
05-04-2007, 07:10 AM
I guess I'm going to go see this after all.....for free.

Muse
05-04-2007, 07:28 AM
I guess I'm going to go see this after all.....for free.

I'm so jealous of you right now.

Unfortunately I won't be seeing it at all in cinema's. I'll look forward to some reviews though (hopefully someone will do one, however small it may be).

zombie commando
05-04-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm so jealous of you right now.

Unfortunately I won't be seeing it at all in cinema's. I'll look forward to some reviews though (hopefully someone will do one, however small it may be).

I'll do one, but it probably won't be right after the movie's released. I get to see it a few days later. I have a friend who works at the local cinema who lets me into movies that aren't still riding the popularity wave.

Muse
05-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Ah, so your expecting this to not do so good? I doubt it will be huge, but it'll get a decent amount of people seeing it. But that's over here in the UK, obviously I don't have a clue how popular it will become over in the US, or any other country for that matter.

atomic dog
05-07-2007, 01:30 PM
has anyone read this?

http://www.amazon.com/Days-Later-Aftermath-Steve-Niles/dp/0061236764/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/103-4228386-0754254?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178553313&sr=8-3
it's supposed to be a link between the two movies.

zombie commando
05-08-2007, 04:26 AM
has anyone read this?

http://www.amazon.com/Days-Later-Aftermath-Steve-Niles/dp/0061236764/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/103-4228386-0754254?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178553313&sr=8-3
it's supposed to be a link between the two movies.

I might check that out. I heard that the original idea for this series started out as a comic book pitch.

Muse
05-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I read about that on Wikipedia, but never thought to check it out. I might do eventually though.

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:02 AM
I was never interest in these movies at all, after i view the first one it wasnt what i aspected. I only watch it one time, but i will go back view it again see if i can get anything out of it. I done seen the trailer to this one a lot, but i'm not impress.:mad:

MichaelFan_2k4
05-10-2007, 03:39 AM
I just seen 28 weeks later. I liked it but it wasn't scary, that's what pissed me off lol. Other people in Cinema around me were screaming (chicks lol) but yeah, I didn't find it scary. Was a good flick though, definitely worth the money.

Halloween444
05-10-2007, 08:08 AM
C'ant wait for tonight.

halo thirty one
05-11-2007, 04:18 AM
It got a pretty solid "Fresh" rating at rottentomatoes.com. I suppose that's good news.

Muse
05-11-2007, 05:46 AM
It got a great review in the newspaper the other day, and I'm hearing good things (although it has some negative points) from the BBC critics over here in the UK. They say not much differs from Boyle's movie, and that it's got too much of the same idea's, but other than that, it's getting really good word. Shame I can't see it. I'll be trying nonetheless. Wish me luck! Haha.

atomic dog
05-11-2007, 10:55 AM
just got back from seeing this and i really liked it. there were some slow spots, but the whole idea of killing off the virus and then finding an immunity in certain people was an interesting twist to the whole story. now all of us lost fans know where michael went in his boat, :)

NightmareMan84
05-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Just got back from seeing this and aside from a couple flaws thought it was fucking fantastic. IMO it's one of those rare sequels that's even better than the first. I hope they do at least one more, but do the same thing and wait a while before doing it instead of rushing it.

halo thirty one
05-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Wow, was a pleasant surprise. A horror sequel that's at least as good, or even better, than the original. I'd say that 28 Weeks Later is to 28 Days Later as Aliens is to Alien. Like Randy likes to point out in Scream 2; it's a bigger budget, bigger body count, bigger effects, but none of it takes away from the solid story or acting that is going on. There were many moments of pure suspense that had me on the edge of my seat. The slower moments didn't bother me at all. Sometimes they acted as a sigh of relief and other times they did a good job of simply advancing the story. I don't think it would have been that good of a movie if they just dropped us in the middle of the city surround by the infected without explaining how we got to that point.
I also liked how they handled the portrayal of the military in the movie. It would have been easy to make them look like a bunch of power hungry madmen, foaming at the mouth. Instead they treated them as people who, at many times, were stuck in a no win situation and weren't too confident in the difficult decisions that they had to make. The looks on many of their faces told us everything we needed to know. I felt that Major West in 28 Days Later was more of a cliche than many of the soldiers in this one.
What 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later both manage to do, and this is what is probably the most important part of both movies, is create characters that we really care for and don't want to see die. 28 Weeks Later has a huge heart. Of course it would have to be able to keep running from all the infected and survive.

28 Weeks Later-A

mr32
05-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Just got back from seeing this and aside from a couple flaws thought it was fucking fantastic. IMO it's one of those rare sequels that's even better than the first. I hope they do at least one more, but do the same thing and wait a while before doing it instead of rushing it.

Well the next one is already greenlighted 28 Months Later.

atomic dog
05-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Well the next one is already greenlighted 28 Months Later.

how do you know this?

Muse
05-12-2007, 06:16 AM
how do you know this?

I think they are referring to this that I posted before (or they've heard it some other place).

England hasn't even been re-infected with rage yet, but 28 DAYS LATER director and 28 WEEKS LATER exec producer Danny Boyle is already giving consideration to where those speedy homicidal freaks could travel next. Boyle was apparently out promoting his deep space flick SUNSHINE (which we don't get in the US until later in the year), and told an Irish radio station that he'd like to see the toxic killers invade a nearby European country known for its cuisine, bike race, and general Frenchness. The potential title would be the logical progression: 28 MONTHS LATER (I assume because 28 FORTNIGHTS LATER doesn't translate globally).

Of course, Boyle could just be twisting our nips with a gag... besides, any possible sequel is really up to Fox Atomic, based on how well the sequel does as it mangles people around the world starting in May.

Source - http://www.joblo.com/28-months-later

So, nothing is greenlighted at all. Just something Boyle said, and since it's only text you can't tell if he was kidding about it or not. But, you never know.

atomic dog
05-12-2007, 07:17 AM
hmmm interesting. i wouldn;t mind seeing another sequel but maybe end it in a trilogy and not continue after.

Muse
05-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah, definately. For one thing though, the title was rediculous at 28 Weeks. If they go ahead and make 28 Months, and then they feel we need more, are they really going to consider 28 Years Later? That would have to be some weird sci-fi/horror, futuristic thing, like Jason X only closer to the present time, and we all know where that'd leave it :p

By the sounds of things 28 Weeks is souding pretty good though. I'd say from what I've heard, go ahead and make 28 Months, and if Boyle is back, then even more great news. I'll be listening out for updates over the coming year or so on this one. I'm intrigued as whether Boyle wants to come back or not.

bucky01403
05-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Im going tonight.:)

SLAB
05-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Saw this last night, it was pretty good. A lot more in your face and active than the first one, whereas that one was more of a human drama. You get to see a lot more of the infected, and it's faster paced.

There is a point near the end where it starts to drag because they're taking forever to escape, and they could have done it 3 times by that point. :p

Overall though, it's worth a watch (I did prefer the first), and they do use that one theme carried over from the first film which is just the perfect piece of music for it.

Muse
05-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Overall though, it's worth a watch, and they do use that one theme carried over from the first film which is just the perfect piece of music for it.

Ooh, I'm so glad about that. I loved the music in the first, and was hoping it would be used again. I think I'm going to try and sneak into this one next week, so, hopefully it'll work. I'm really looking forward to seeing it now.

bucky01403
05-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I just got back from it a few minutes ago and man let me say, I was fucking impressed. :bow: Easily better than the first, but what i dont get is the lack of quarantine in hte scene were the father zombie breaks in and infects all the people.

atomic dog
05-12-2007, 06:46 PM
i picked up 28 weeks later the graphic novel today so i will let you all know how it is.

WhiteZombie
05-13-2007, 05:56 PM
I just posted this in the "Last mvoie you saw in theatres" thread. I'll put it here aswell

Just got back from 28 Weeks Later. I have to say that I wasint let down. The story was top notch, and the gore was top notch. The opening scene was absolutly amazing. I am 100% happy they kept the music too.

I liked how this really showed the brutality of the humans. Not only did survivors have to worry about the infected, but the humans aswell, making survival practically impossible. I love these infected creatures aswell. compared to slow moving dull zombies (which i love to death, dont get me wrong), these creatures are fast, vicious, and compleatly insane (example: The kids dad a) gougeing out eyes and b) smashing his face against glass). Not much more to say, Great movie.....Although I was confused with the end. The infection has now spread all the way to Paris, but did the piolet/kids become infected? or were they running as humans still?

I really want the infection to make its way into US and Canada somehow

Ill give it a A-

WhiteZombie
05-13-2007, 07:36 PM
To add on here, One thing that makes these 2 movies truly scary is how realistic it is. Sure little points in each movie arnt, but the general idea is. "RAGE" virus is basically an intense, advanced version of Rabies, which is incredibly possible. These movies show the total devistation an epidemic like this could have on humanity.

Muse
05-14-2007, 06:28 AM
To add on here, One thing that makes these 2 movies truly scary is how realistic it is. Sure little points in each movie arnt, but the general idea is. "RAGE" virus is basically an intense, advanced version of Rabies, which is incredibly possible. These movies show the total devistation an epidemic like this could have on humanity.

I see what your saying, although it is an over dramatisation of what could happen. But I think we should also look for metaphors. Christopher Eccleston's (can't remember the characters name) in 28 Days Later made me think that, it's showing what we are, and what we will become if we keep up like this. The part I'm talking about is when they are saying "when things are normal again" and he goes on to say "before the virus, I've seen people, killing people, and after the virus I've seen people, killing people. I'd say that leave's us pretty normal right now" (I know that's not exactly what he says, but you get the idea).

But the way you put it, as a possibilty as an actual disesase, although possible, very unlikely, whereas if you look at the metaphors, it's quite possible.

samhain51
05-14-2007, 06:43 AM
I never saw this movie ! Can someone tell me a little bit about it! Also if its worth the rent!

halo thirty one
05-14-2007, 07:29 AM
I never saw this movie ! Can someone tell me a little bit about it! Also if its worth the rent!
First, go rent 28 Days Later at the video store. After watching that, go see 28 Weeks Later because it just opened on Friday and should still be playing for a month or so. Both are worth watching.

samhain51
05-14-2007, 07:32 AM
First, go rent 28 Days Later at the video store. After watching that, go see 28 Weeks Later because it just opened on Friday and should still be playing for a month or so. Both are worth watching.

Thank you for the advice !

halo thirty one
05-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Someone brought up a good point over at the IMDB message board:They mentioned that just because Alice had some sort of immunity to the rage virus, she still shouldn't have survived the attack on the home in the country. The infecteds didn't know she had the immunity and would have chewed her up, just like everyone else at the house. That's what ended up happening when she infected Don after he kissed her, after all. After he was completely infected he went crazy and killed her. The only thing I can think of is that maybe, after she was bitten at the cottage, she showed some of the symptoms of being infected and all the other incfecteds left her alone? Then her immunity kicked in and she returned to behaving as a normal person? I don't know if any of those explanations fly or not. Still, her surviving the cottage attack and making it back to her home is a major part of how the virus is reintroduced to society. Despite this plot hole, I still enjoyed this movie a lot.

Shane
05-14-2007, 06:25 PM
I just got back from seeing this.
I was blown away.
I liked it even better than the first and even better than Planet Terror (which had up until now been my favourite Zombie Movie).
This is the best zombie film I've seen. Amazing.

Roswell
05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Saw it a couple of nights ago.

Thought it was great. Loved it. Didn't really care for a lot of the original film (I liked the first half but it lost me when they got to Manchester, ironically), but this made me happy.

This one was pretty much perfect for me. Full of plot holes, but I really didn't give a shit because what held me was the raw, visceral energy that the film had.

Catch this one on the big screen if you haven't done so already.

Well, that does it for me. All these glowing reviews for the film have convinced me to see it this weekend.

I hope you guys are right about this.

Khan
05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
I just posted this in the "Last mvoie you saw in theatres" thread. I'll put it here aswell

Just got back from 28 Weeks Later. I have to say that I wasint let down. The story was top notch, and the gore was top notch. The opening scene was absolutly amazing. I am 100% happy they kept the music too.

I liked how this really showed the brutality of the humans. Not only did survivors have to worry about the infected, but the humans aswell, making survival practically impossible. I love these infected creatures aswell. compared to slow moving dull zombies (which i love to death, dont get me wrong), these creatures are fast, vicious, and compleatly insane (example: The kids dad a) gougeing out eyes and b) smashing his face against glass). Not much more to say, Great movie.....Although I was confused with the end. The infection has now spread all the way to Paris, but did the piolet/kids become infected? or were they running as humans still?

I really want the infection to make its way into US and Canada somehow

Ill give it a A-

A worldwide infection would certianly be interesting.

sarah_1980
05-15-2007, 08:24 PM
A worldwide infection would certianly be interesting.

that should be the next film :nodsmile:

my only problem with the film was why didn't they say what happened to Jim,Selena and Hannah?

Muse
05-16-2007, 06:26 AM
that should be the next film :nodsmile:

Well, I don't know if you saw this but a page or two back in this thread I posted something that Danny Boyle said about 28 Months Later. Now, it wasn't clear on whether he was been serious or joking around, but he did mention that something would be happening in France. And let's face it, that'd be the first place it'd get to since it's the closest place to Britain (except Ireland, but with a choice between Ireland/France, France just seems so much better). And also, London (where the others were set) is closer to France than Ireland, so that works. Anyway, back on topic.

So the infection spreading could be a possibility for the next movie, with Danny Boyle back.

**tries not to get hopes up even though I've not seen 28 Weeks yet**

sarah_1980
05-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Well, I don't know if you saw this but a page or two back in this thread I posted something that Danny Boyle said about 28 Months Later. Now, it wasn't clear on whether he was been serious or joking around, but he did mention that something would be happening in France. And let's face it, that'd be the first place it'd get to since it's the closest place to Britain (except Ireland, but with a choice between Ireland/France, France just seems so much better). And also, London (where the others were set) is closer to France than Ireland, so that works. Anyway, back on topic.

So the infection spreading could be a possibility for the next movie, with Danny Boyle back.

**tries not to get hopes up even though I've not seen 28 Weeks yet**

sweet thanks for the info :krad:

i hope it happens for real

boogeyman87
05-18-2007, 12:20 PM
now all of us lost fans know where michael went in his boat, :)

Dude, I was thinking the same thing! :roflmao:

Muse
05-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, I knew I'd see it somehow, and somehow I did see it :D Woo.

Great movie. Not as good as 28 Days Later, but still a good sequel. Very good follow up to my favourite horror movie, and it's worthy of another sequel if they can do another like that. Now I'll spoiler this next part since it has bits flying around here, there and everywhere.

The "plot hole" of how the infection got back into society. There's no plot hole there, is there? The kids' mom had a 'natural immunity' to the infection, so when she escaped, she got away not infected, and ended up passing it onto the kids father. When he tried to infect her again, it didn't work so he gouged her eyes out. Simple.

And onto the fact of "how was Paris infected". That's simple too. The boy I think it was, had an extreme close up on his eye and it showed he had the signs of the rage virus, however he didn't become infected. He simply inherited the 'natural immunity' from his mother. Now how it spread again, that's a different matter. This kid is 12 years old, and I don't think he'd be kissing any one, like that. But, suppose some of his blood got into someone else, which is completely possible. One person infected, it spreads, and spreads, and before we know it, bye bye France.

I'd make a bigger post but I don't want to spend all my time on here for now making one post on the same topic, when I could possibly find other topics to post in so I'll wrap it up here.

Overall, I'd say this is an excellent movie. Solid A from me, and has a couple of faults, but can be looked over when looked upon as a whole product. I had to not think anything of this before I went into it, and try not compare it to 28 Days otherwise I would've been way dissapointed, but since I was open minded, I loved it. One for the horror fans. Slightly more 'zombie-like' than 28 Days, but still sticks to the same idea of 'it's a virus, not an after-death thing'.

And they kept the music :D Not used as well as it was in the first, except near the start, but still great to hear it again.

And one other thing: a hidden message to the builders of Wembley Stadium....
They managed to get it built in 28 Weeks even though no one was in the country, when it took the builders 7 years to get that thing up in reality. Hehe

Roswell
05-19-2007, 12:56 PM
See, now I know I'm going to like this film. Muse, you like the original as much as I do, so I expect this to be pretty good.

Might be going to see this tonight, so if I do, I'll post my review later.

Muse
05-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, just don't judge it as a sequel. It may have one or two downsides, but overall it's a pretty fantastic movie. If I was to compare this to 28 Days, then my rating would probably be
28 Days - A+
28 Weeks - B
If you get my meaning. As a sequel, it's not fantasic, but as a movie alone, its pretty great. So whether or not your the kind of person that would judge a sequel to the original or not would probably make a difference in how much you like this one.

Roswell
05-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I finally got around to seeing this today and I loved it! Here's my review:

28 Weeks Later-A-

I've heard this comparison before, but it really is true. If 28 Days Later was Alien, then 28 Weeks Later is Aliens. We get more action, more characters, and more violence this time around, and it all makes for a very enjoyable film.

Let me start off by saying that when I saw the preview for this film a few months ago, I wasn't as impressed as I thought it would be. It looked decent, but not something I needed to see right away. My plan was to wait and see what the few people I listen to about movies thought, and if what they said was good, then I'd check it out.

Well, the overall reaction from those people was positive, and with the TV ads showing up and getting me excited for the film, I decided I was going to see it in theatres after all.

So cut to today. I had a free ticket for my local theatre, and since I wasn't doing anything today, I decided to go see the movie. And I'm very happy I did.

The movie starts off great. Like its predecessor, the movie gets started before the title hits the screen. Things start off slow, but once the action starts, it hardly lets up, and I loved it.

Here's what I liked in a nutshell:

*The cinematography. I know a lot of people don't like the shaky cam style, but I do, so cram it. :p But seriously, I dug the cinematography a lot. The scenes at the beginning of the movie, where the infected are chasing the father are fantastic. Love the use of the helicopter.

*The acting. Although we don't get to know the characters as well as the ones in 28 Days Later, they were still likeable, which is important in horror films. I really don't like kid actors in films, but the kid in this film was actually not bad. He held his own against the leads, which, again, is good.

*The music. I'm soooo glad they used the original music, because the score for the original is one of my favorites. I also like that they added equally good new music into the movie, although I kind of missed "East Hastings" by Godspeed You Black Emperor! during the chase scenes. They should have brought that back, but I can understand why they didn't. I need to get the soundtrack if they release one.

*The "gotcha" moments. By this I mean both the scares, the moments where I thought something bad was going to happen but didn't, and the moments of surprise.

*The references. You can't tell me that the scene where the three are going down into the stadium in the dark with the night vision wasn't a reference to Blair Witch or The Descent. Even if it wasn't meant to be, it was still a nice touch.

*The ending. I thought I knew how it was going to end, but I totally didn't expect what happened. The fact that the infection had crossed over into France was so disturbing to me. I left the theatre in chills. For real. I really hope they do a sequel, cause I know I'd be there opening day. The ending definately beats the happy ending of the original. I still like that ending, but this one is just a lot better.

Was there anything I didn't like? Well, not really. Sure, I would have liked to have gotten to know the characters better, and of course I would have loved more of the original score to be used, but really, this is all nitpicking.

So yeah, I really enjoyed this movie. I say bring on 28 Months Later!

Muse
05-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you enjoyed it much more than I. Good that you liked it. I think our views, as two huge 28 Days fan, clearly show that this is a worthy sequel (amongst other people's view too, of course).

The ending definately beats the happy ending of the original. I still like that ending, but this one is just a lot better.

I must say, the alternate ending for 28 Days was a nicer touch, even if it meant (spoiled just in case people haven't seen it and want to)
killing off Cillian.
But I see what you mean, with the ending been better than 28 Days. But as for 'more action' and 'more violence', sure it makes it good, but it's not what 28 Days was all about. It was about character development, and relationships of characters, and the infection was just a disruption, whereas 28 Weeks, the infection is the main focus. I'm not complaining, because now we have a movie from both points of view, which is rare.

But just so I know, what did other people think about the 'infected' been more "zombie-esque" in the sequel? In 28 Days is was about infecting others, in 28 Weeks it was more about killing them and infecting if you lucky. Well, at least thats how I saw it.

cinezombi
07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
They need to bring the infection over here in the next film.

Roswell
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
They need to bring the infection over here in the next film.

They did. It's called Dawn of The Dead '04. :bastard:

Khan
07-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I like that phrase "zombie-esque," as they aren't zombies.

They are living, breathing humans who can starve to death.

WhiteZombie
07-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I like that phrase "zombie-esque," as they aren't zombies.

They are living, breathing humans who can starve to death.

Yeah. There like humans with a serve cace of Rabies. lol

Khan
07-27-2007, 09:30 PM
The last scene of 28 Days Later, where they are weak and starving, proves it.

Shamrock-Robot
07-28-2007, 08:54 AM
28 Days Later is kinda like Romero's The Crazies, These people arent zombies they are just infected.

WhiteZombie
07-28-2007, 09:15 AM
28 Days Later is kinda like Romero's The Crazies, These people arent zombies they are just infected.

Yeah. There damn cool creatures. I love the 2 movies.

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:01 PM
They did. It's called Dawn of The Dead '04. :bastard:

I guess but it still isn't rage.

Khan
07-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Exactly!:bow:

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 03:01 AM
I heard The Crazies is being remade.

Khan
07-29-2007, 06:19 AM
It is.

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Hopefully it turns out good like Night and Dawn did.

Muse
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, here's something for you fans of this:

I've heard from someone that it is now official that Danny Boyle will direct the third installment. However, I cannot find any interviews online or anything which can confirm this. Based on what I've heard before this, it could well be true, but take it with a grain of salt for now, as it could be bullshit. I am still looking out for something which says it's official, but no luck yet.

EDIT: Thought I'd just check wikipedia, and this is what they had:

In March 2007, plans were announced by Danny Boyle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Boyle) to create a "third chapter" of the film franchise, which may be given the title 28 Months Later with a 2009 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009) release date,[33] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_Weeks_Later#_note-30) thus creating a trilogy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilogy). The action will presumably take place in France (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France), picking up where the second film left off (ref: L'écran Fantastique, a French magazine about horror and fantasy films).[34] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_Weeks_Later#_note-31)
In June 2007, it was announced that if DVD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD) sales of the film did well Fox Atomic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Atomic) would consider producing the third film.[35] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_Weeks_Later#_note-32)
In July 2007, while promoting the film Sunshine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_%282007_film%29), Boyle revealed that he has a story formulating for the next film "There is an idea for the next one, something which would move [the story] on. I've got to think about it, whether it's right or not.". Boyle also revealed that he would return as the director (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_director)

Apologies for all the wikipedia links in there, but I couldn't be bothered to take them out, haha.

Roswell
07-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Awesome. Bring it on.

Femanizer
07-30-2007, 12:45 PM
why is this in the zombie forum exactly?

Khan
07-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

There are no zombies in the movie!

Shamrock-Robot
07-30-2007, 12:54 PM
why is this in the zombie forum exactly?

I dont know, I also wonder why Tobe Hoopers Mortuary is in here too, But its cool to hear Boyle is doing another one.

Femanizer
07-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I dont know, I also wonder why Tobe Hoopers Mortuary is in here too, But its cool to hear Boyle is doing another one.

haha OMG Mortuary was horrid. I also am glad to hear there will be another sequel. I loved both of the previous films.

Muse
07-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Awesome. Bring it on.

I bet that you for one, been someone who loved the first as much as me, will be looking forward to this either nearly as much or as even as much as me, won't you, eh? Haha.

Can't wait to see Boyle get back doing this again :D

Shamrock-Robot
07-30-2007, 01:00 PM
It should be great, To think of it Boyle would be a good choice to do The Crazies remake, But since 28 weeks later was similair to The Crazies he probably wouldnt want to do it.

Roswell
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I bet that you for one, been someone who loved the first as much as me, will be looking forward to this either nearly as much or as even as much as me, won't you, eh? Haha.

Can't wait to see Boyle get back doing this again :D

Indeed I will, Musey. Having just seen Sunshine, it has reaffirmed my belief that Danny Boyle will deliver the goods yet again.

I also found out today when the 28 Weeks Later DVD is coming out here in the States and what will be on it, so that has my excitement levels up as well. Hopefully the film comes out before 2009, cause I don't think I can wait that long.

Shamrock-Robot
07-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Indeed I will, Musey. Having just seen Sunshine, it has reaffirmed my belief that Danny Boyle will deliver the goods yet again.

I also found out today when the 28 Weeks Later DVD is coming out here in the States and what will be on it, so that has my excitement levels up as well. Hopefully the film comes out before 2009, cause I don't think I can wait that long.

I didnt know Sunshine was already out.

Muse
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Ah, so you've finally seen Sunshine, eh? I can remember back when I said I'd seen it you were looking forward to it then. Great movie, it really is.

And yeah, I found out when the R2 release of 28 Weeks Later is the other day, which got me looking for updates on a possible sequel, then I came across a rumour here, and there, and eventually, found out that Boyle had been confirmed.

Can't wait for it now. 2009 looks likely, and hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Roswell
07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
I didnt know Sunshine was already out.

I believe it's in limited theatres, which is a shame because it really is a great film. It's also a shame that Fox skipped out on promoting it.

HannibalBEATNGU
07-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Glad to hear Boyle wants to return at the helm.

I like 28 Weeks quite a bit, but 28 Days is definitely superior.

WhiteZombie
07-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear Boyle wants to return at the helm.

I like 28 Weeks quite a bit, but 28 Days is definitely superior.

Yeah its definetly a better movie. Although "Weeks" was an amazing Zombie-esqe/Action/Horror. Im hoping for a 3rd. With a worldwide infection

Shamrock-Robot
07-30-2007, 08:09 PM
I believe it's in limited theatres, which is a shame because it really is a great film. It's also a shame that Fox skipped out on promoting it.

Why did it only get a limited release?

Roswell
07-31-2007, 05:30 AM
Why did it only get a limited release?

Because the distributor (Fox) didn't have enough faith in the movie to do well. I can kind of understand this, though. I mean, even if the movie was heavily promoted and opened in as many theatres as possible, it would have most likely been crushed by the big summer blockbusters. It's sad, really, but I'm glad I got to see it before it leaves theatres.

Shamrock-Robot
07-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Because the distributor (Fox) didn't have enough faith in the movie to do well. I can kind of understand this, though. I mean, even if the movie was heavily promoted and opened in as many theatres as possible, it would have most likely been crushed by the big summer blockbusters. It's sad, really, but I'm glad I got to see it before it leaves theatres.

Yeah the big blockbusters are really hurting the horror genre as far as box office.

Roswell
07-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah the big blockbusters are really hurting the horror genre as far as box office.

Sunshine isn't a horror movie, but that's definately true.

Shamrock-Robot
07-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Sunshine isn't a horror movie, but that's definately true.

I thought it was Horror/Sci-fi, But yea alot of good horror flicks get smashed at the Box Office because of the blockbusters, Hostel II was an excellent film but it just couldnt compeat with the blockbusters.

HannibalBEATNGU
07-31-2007, 01:23 PM

It's in its second week in US release on 461 theatres, I'm seeing it in a little less than 2 hours at the local independant theatre.

Shamrock-Robot
08-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Cool, I wish I could see it.

Miss Informed
10-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Wow, with the release I figured this movie would be back at the top. I got this in the part of the 2 for 25 deal at Best Buy along with WT2. I haven't watched it yet. I assume that the people from the original aren't in it?

renee30152
10-14-2007, 09:42 AM
I am not into zombie movies at all and haven't even seen the first one yet, but I will say this is a good movie. A bit gorey but good storyline. :D Zombies freak me out...

mr_casper_sgv
10-14-2007, 09:49 AM
This movie was alright, I liked the first one better and yea zombies freak me out too, thats why I dont watch the horror flicks like Dawn of the Dead or anything like that anymore, I get weird dreams about them lol, I only like the Action ones like of course 28 days later or Resident Evil.

atomic dog
10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
it's rumored that if the sales do well with this movie that there will be another film called 28 months later based in france or russia.

renee30152
10-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Same here and when you think about how far medicine is going it might just get there one day. I have freaky dreams after watching Resident Evil.
I would rather kill myself then have a zombie get me. What a way to go.

Muse
10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
it's rumored that if the sales do well with this movie that there will be another film called 28 months later based in france or russia.

From what I have read here and there, Danny Boyle has confirmed his interest in returning, and is interested in setting it in France. I also heard that Cilliam Muprhy wouldn't mind returning. Nothing official, but I've just heard/read stuff concerning another movie ;D

Miss Informed
10-15-2007, 10:57 AM
I watched this last night. Best "new" movie I have seen in years. I loved it. Damn, just great!

StephenSobottka
10-17-2007, 06:17 AM
I watched this last night. Best "new" movie I have seen in years. I loved it. Damn, just great!

It's on my "to buy" list, I will have to go out and get it.

BONES
01-04-2008, 11:53 PM
It was good I had a harder time geting into it but I liked it I don't think it's on my buy list though...

FooFighters
01-05-2008, 09:25 AM
It was good I had a harder time geting into it but I liked it I don't think it's on my buy list though...

Really? I though it was 5x times better than Days.

Psych0ticNemes1s
01-05-2008, 09:32 AM
I finally saw this movie just a few minutes ago. I thought it was pretty good. It had a lot of suspenseful scenes.

I thought the immunity gene was an interesting angle.

Compared to the original, I thought this movie was equally as good. I can't wait for the third installment.

A

FooFighters
01-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Hell yeah! And there is a thread for the third installment, titled, 28 Months Later.

BONES
01-05-2008, 10:41 AM
They both left me wanting a bit but the chopper scean was great the best part of weeks to me

FooFighters
01-05-2008, 10:48 AM
They both left me wanting a bit but the chopper scean was great the best part of weeks to me

That the point. They want to leave watchers wanting more movies. I personally can not wait for Months!

-And yeah that chopper scene was awesome!