PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Cards

boogeyman87
02-11-2005, 10:24 PM
I have some baseball cards, two in fact that I wanted to know if they would be worth something. Maybe someone here could tell me, if not then I guess you can just look at the pictures. :) (Oh, I'm well aware that they can be worth absolutely nothing.)

The first is a signed Lee Lacy card (at that time, apart of the Dodgers) from 1987.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/boogeyman87/2005_0211Image0011.jpg

And a better view-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/boogeyman87/2005_0211Image0009.jpg

The second is a Don Mattingly card-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/boogeyman87/2005_0211Image0017.jpg

Buffy
02-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Check ebay... thats the best place to see what people pay for the stuff... or just go to a card shop. :)

Can't speak for the Lee Lacy card, but I know people who would pay some cash for the Mattingly card! ;)

C_Bone
02-11-2005, 10:59 PM
if i remember correctly from back in the day when i was younger and collected cards, any card thats autographed usually decreases in value (unless it's of an extrememly popular player)

boogeyman87
02-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by C_Bone
if i remember correctly from back in the day when i was younger and collected cards, any card thats autographed usually decreases in value (unless it's of an extrememly popular player)

Really, why would that be? I'd check on eBay but I dont want to sell them really so I dont want to actually put them up for sale.

C_Bone
02-11-2005, 11:04 PM
because as stupid as it sounds it's considered a damaged card

boogeyman87
02-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by C_Bone
because as stupid as it sounds it's considered a damaged card

Wow, that is alittle weird. Like having a damaged photo of Danielle Harris because its autographed. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense. I actually have something else to ask you guys about. Its a pin from Mcdonalds, not sure how old but its about football and maybe a superbowl thing. I have no idea but I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Laow-Z
02-11-2005, 11:20 PM
I always wonder how many baseball cards that would be worth money today i had in my bicycle spokes when i was little:o With my luck I probably had something like a Babe Ruth rookie card or something like that!!

Franchise
02-12-2005, 12:28 AM
I've got that same Donnie Baseball card. Good player. And Bone is right. Signed cards do decrease in value unless it's an extrememly good player. I've got all my old cards somewhere.

myers2004
02-12-2005, 06:56 AM
the don mattingly one is probably down to like 10$ cause if i remember right thats his rookie. i tried to sell a roger clemons and mark mcguire rookies and cant get crap for em. as far as the autographed one like it was said before worth what you think cause for some stupid reason it is considered damaged cause of the auto. to meit makes it better.

Buffy
02-12-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Really, why would that be? I'd check on eBay but I dont want to sell them really so I dont want to actually put them up for sale.

you don't have to put them up for sale on ebay, just check to see what others are selling/asking for. pretty sure other people are selling similar cards.

myers2004
02-12-2005, 07:07 AM
check becket.com i think is the address they have a good site to also see what people are getting or for that matter just go into a book store and pick up a becket price guide. its free for sure that way and lets you look up any others you might want to know

boogeyman87
02-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Buffy
you don't have to put them up for sale on ebay, just check to see what others are selling/asking for. pretty sure other people are selling similar cards.

I just checked and someone is selling the exact card(from 1984) for 2.79. And a different signed Lee Lacy card is going for 6.00. So that sucks, I guess its worth it to just keep them around for memory sakes.

SEXMACHINE
02-13-2005, 03:31 AM
i'd say your cards could be worth quite a bit, but yes eBay is your best bet there.

atomic dog
02-13-2005, 05:43 AM
the best bet would be to find an up to date price guide. also many malls have baseball cards dealers show up. brign your cards in then and see what they say.

i on the other hand used to collect alot of cards. i don't have many anymore but i still do have two that have been with me a long time.

2 1909 philadelphia a's baseball cards. yes you read that right, 1909. i have yet to get these priced. i will post pictures of them soon.

myers2004
02-15-2005, 03:05 PM
the prices of cards has dropped so bad it isnt really worth getting anymore and you cant ever seem to sell anything anymore cause they are in such an abundance. i have tons of football basketball and other ones and want to get rid of them but even when i went as low as 200 for them all the wouldnt sell and thats figuring i have over 100 montana cards and probably 50 to 60 marino and others like that all going to be hall of famers and nothing will go. plus now adays they also have to be graded it seems and im not willing to do that just to sell them.

ten31
02-16-2005, 05:47 AM
That sucks that the price of baseball cards have gone to shite. I have a few the were worth a few dollars back in the early 90's when collecting cards was the rage. I wonder what they would be worth now?

myers2004
02-16-2005, 07:19 AM
but at the same time you have to look at the stock market and all as being alot like cards. some will go back up but for the most part i dont think anything will go really high anymore due to the fact so many are out now and so widely printed. for the most part now i guess the only thing anyone can do is hold on to them and hope they can find someone that really wants em or just keep em for the memories.

King Sly Joker
02-16-2005, 07:46 AM
I do collect cards myself.I have a few prized one.The one that,I like the most is worthless :(.I have an Ozzie Smith rookie card when he was with the padres.But luck would have it after getting it checked by a dealer.The damn thing was off center.But ,I still keep in case,as one of my favs..

atomic dog
02-16-2005, 09:19 AM
i need to grab a price guide for my two.

myers2004
02-19-2005, 08:34 AM
i usually just go into the book stores and places to just look even the grocery stores cause i hate to buy em and not use em more then that one time to look up stuff. some of the card shops will even let you go in and price em there. may sound cheap but why pay for them when you dont have to for the little you use em.

It's Neal
02-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I have two card binders full of cards just collecting dust. Doubt any are of any real value. I should look into that though.

King Sly Joker
02-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by atomic dog
i need to grab a price guide for my two.

They come in handy,when you have a gem..

myers2004
02-25-2005, 09:46 AM
when you find a gem and totally forgot all about having that card. i found an old jerry rice rookie and and some old 85 rookies that i didnt even remember and i think a dorset rookie was in it too. what a nice way to find money you forgot.