PDA

View Full Version : Shaun of the dead

Pages : [1] 2

freethy
09-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Anyone see this zombie parody? Simon peg and co really did a great job in this movie. It was funny all the way through and was also a breath of fresh air in a time where good comedy is becoming just as elusive as good horror.

Thought's and shit?

atomic dog
09-22-2004, 08:59 AM
i do want to see this.

Franchise
09-22-2004, 09:00 AM
No, but I did see Shaun of the Dead. It's pretty good. ;) Just busting your balls, freeths.

NeewollaH
09-22-2004, 09:22 AM
It's coming out very soon in the US. I'll be on my way to see this, and buying the soundtrack, which from the looks of it, is 'killer'. ;)

freethy
09-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Fuck, I actualy knew it was shaun, I get mixed up sometimes, I think I must have crossbred Shaun with Dawn.

Correct it so people know what the hell I mean:D

atomic dog
09-22-2004, 09:35 AM
i fixed it for you.

Hall9ween
09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
It was a very good film. It's out on DVD over here - God knows why I haven't bought it yet. Especially as though it has extended episodes of the Trisha talkshow on it!!

bundy
09-22-2004, 10:12 AM
I picked up a copy at Monster Mania. Shit, it's a funny movie.

freethy
09-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by atomic dog
i fixed it for you.

Thanks man:cool:

Maxvayne
09-22-2004, 12:31 PM
It's coming out this weekend over here and me and my friend are big zombie fan's so were gonna check it out. I doubt Ill be dissipointed from what i've heard so far.

MichaelMyers
09-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I want to see it. It looks funny. Maybe better than the Scary Movies.

Soulless
09-22-2004, 03:06 PM
I'll be seeing this. It looks hilarious.

Hall9ween
09-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Maybe better than the Scary Movies.

No way would I compare this to the Scary Movies, this is in a totally different league. I mean, no disrespect, the first Scary Movie was very funny.

However, Shaun of the Dead doesn't have to rely on drugs and lots of sex/penis jokes, unlike the Wayan Bro's. Therefor, I see it as a far superior movie.

Soulless
09-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Hall9ween
However, Shaun of the Dead doesn't have to rely on drugs and lots of sex/penis jokes, unlike the Wayan Bro's. Therefor, I see it as a far superior movie. I agree with that. I can't stand the first Scary Movie though.

MichaelMyers
09-22-2004, 03:29 PM
It will be better than Scary Movie for sure.

boogeyman87
09-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Want to see it , but cant see it . Its rated R. Wont be able to see it for a long time.

Roswell
09-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Want to see it , but cant see it . Its rated R. Wont be able to see it for a long time.

Get someone to see it with you that's 17 or older

boogeyman87
09-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Mark Warner
Get someone to see it with you that's 17 or older

Thats like trying to find a needle in a haystack. :(

notsoboo
09-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Thats like trying to find a needle in a haystack. :(

I'm sure there are plenty more people who are over 17 than under ;)

The movie is fantastic and incredibly funny. I encourage everyone to see it if possible.

boogeyman87
09-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by notsoboo
I'm sure there are plenty more people who are over 17 than under ;)

The movie is fantastic and incredibly funny. I encourage everyone to see it if possible.

Definately . But for me no. All i really have is my dad .But its really hard for me to convince him to take me to the movies. Though he did take me to dawn of the dead and cabin fever. But that doesnt mean he'll do this for me. He might be too hungover.

notsoboo
09-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Definately . But for me no. All i really have is my dad .But its really hard for me to convince him to take me to the movies. Though he did take me to dawn of the dead and cabin fever. But that doesnt mean he'll do this for me. He might be too hungover.

Too hungover, eh? Ask him in advance. Make a father/son plan. I'm sure if he took you to see 2 other zombie movies he won't mind taking you to this one. I'd say this is the less abrasive "in-your-face" zombie flick I've seen in a while, just a very funny, gory time.

boogeyman87
09-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by notsoboo
Too hungover, eh? Ask him in advance. Make a father/son plan. I'm sure if he took you to see 2 other zombie movies he won't mind taking you to this one. I'd say this is the less abrasive "in-your-face" zombie flick I've seen in a while, just a very funny, gory time.

There really isnt a father son bond between us at all. I will ask him the day or two before i want to go but he's let me down tons of times. Plus i dont really want to sit next to a man that yells at me every day. We'll see what happens.

Man In Black
09-23-2004, 07:11 AM
I bought this on DVD a few weeks ago - it's pretty decent, makes a change from the usual crap the UK churn out so that's a good thing. Found it very funny in places, quite dull in others but overall I like it.

Beau
09-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Arr man....this movie is funny as hell :p :p :p
Espacialy the scene were they start killing the zombie's with old music records.

freethy
09-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Beau
Arr man....this movie is funny as hell :p :p :p
Espacialy the scene were they start killing the zombie's with old music records.

lol, I like the parts when they were just oblivious to what was going on around them hahaha! And when they leave the pub and they are singing white lines by grandmaster flash. lmao

atomic dog
09-23-2004, 09:45 AM
hey don't ruin it for the ones who haven't seen it yet. :D

Hall9ween
09-23-2004, 11:14 AM
The bit involving "Don't stop me noooooow, 'cause I'm having a good time, I'm having a good time ..." and zombie bashing was hilarious.

Also, when Shaun kept telling people his plan.

freethy
09-23-2004, 01:13 PM

Also, when Shaun kept telling people his plan.

Hahahaha! That shit was funny too. And Shauns friend was funny too. At the begining when the rest of Shauns friends are talking about their disgust at his loutish behavior.

"Now, can I buy any of you cunts a drink"

Chomp_on_this
09-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Whussup niggas?

Yea this was probably the best spoof ever created. It stands right up there with Young Frankenstein. And like YF it pokes fun at the genre yet it still plays by its rules. Great film!

And it's nice to see all the old skool horror directors (Sam Raimi, Peter Jackson, George Romero) breaking out of the big-time and commenting on this film. Its cool they havent forgot their past.

atomic dog
09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
just a sidenote: that banner looks awesome

Slapshot
09-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Is anyone else looking forward to this movie (Even though it came out today) I want to see it and luckily it's playing in a theater by me, I say that because it is only playing in 602 theaters as of now. I think this movie looks pretty damn funny and it hasn;t gotten any negative reviews from critics yet, anyone else have any thoughts?
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/975182.jpg

Franchise
09-24-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure you missed freethy's thread about this already. heh

halo thirty one
09-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ringu
Is anyone else looking forward to this movie (Even though it came out today) I want to see it and luckily it's playing in a theater by me, I say that because it is only playing in 602 theaters as of now. I think this movie looks pretty damn funny and it hasn;t gotten any negative reviews from critics yet, anyone else have any thoughts?
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/975182.jpg

planning a trip to the carousel center soon ringu? i know i am.
probably saturday or sunday.

freethy
09-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
I'm pretty sure you missed freethy's thread about this already. heh

He did, but he sure made a much better opening post then me. I suck lol

Snoody
09-25-2004, 12:08 PM
I seriously just about crapped my pants when I finally saw a preview for Shaun of the Dead. I have been waiting for SOO LONG FOR THIS MOVIE. I don't even know what to do with myself once it comes out.

Franchise
09-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Snoody
I don't even know what to do with myself once it comes out.

That would be yesterday.

Snoody
09-25-2004, 12:31 PM
I am seeing it at 5:30 tonight at the Harkins Chandler Fashion Center.

It's really sad when I don't even know what week it is.

Franchise
09-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Snoody
I am seeing it at 5:30 tonight at the Harkins Chandler Fashion Center.

It's really sad when I don't even know what week it is.

I saw it months ago thanks to another board member who remains anonymous! Thanks, Chomp! ;)

Chuck D
09-25-2004, 12:35 PM
It may not be as funny to some concerning the TV segments (the shows like "Trisha", "T4" etc... which are on 24/7 in the UK) and some other stuff...

The movie is the perfect spoof... I loved the little nods to horror classics...

Like the zombie conversation;

"Dont call them the Z word... it's ridiculous" :p

Referencing how all the old undead movies never used the word "zombie"...

Snoody
09-25-2004, 12:36 PM
I think I might just see it tomorrow, avoid the Saturday evening crowds.

I am so excited! I can't believe I forgot it was this weekend. But no worries, I am still counting down the days till Saw comes out, and I will NOT forget that one.

zombie commando
09-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Definitely a funny flick, I reviewed it awhile back on the old board. Not the best comedy ever, but still pretty damn funny.

Mojo
09-26-2004, 12:27 PM
I liked this movie a lot. I felt that the horror elements were perfectly balanced with the comedy elements and vice-versa. I saw it with a group of friends and was quite entertained! A fun film!

Tom
09-26-2004, 01:13 PM
I don't think a horror movie has ever made me laugh so much... and I watch The Horror Channel, now that's saying something. This movie was good on so many different levels, everyone who hasn't seen it needs to see it!

Chuck D
09-26-2004, 01:16 PM
...you've got red on you...

freethy
09-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ChuckyDarko
...you've got red on you...

Hahaha!

Chuck D
09-26-2004, 01:30 PM
There are too many good quotes from this movie...

What's the matter, David? Never taken a shortcut? [runs and jumps over fence... the fence collapses] haha

freethy
09-26-2004, 01:35 PM
That part when they went back to the flat after the pub and Shaun was scratching on his record player cracked me up. Hahaha

And -

"OH MY GOD.....She is SO drunk" LMAO!

Chuck D
09-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by freethy
That part when they went back to the flat after the pub and Shaun was scratching on his record player cracked me up. Hahaha

It got funnier when [after they were scratching the shit outta it] that guy took it off the record player and Shaun goes "DONT SCRATCH IT!" hahaha

Thrillogy
09-27-2004, 07:25 AM
this movie was fucking great. I love the record scene. I'll be seeing this for the second time tomorrow after school

Thrillogy
09-27-2004, 07:26 AM

And -

"OH MY GOD.....She is SO drunk" LMAO!

great scene my friend !

slasherx
09-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Man, I want to see this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
09-27-2004, 04:27 PM
This movie is great.
I loved it, going to see it again in a couple days.
Loved all the references to other movies (especially the Romero films, and I thought the ending was very funny and unique.
I hope they make a tone off of this movie and the North American DVD gets the royal treatment.

theoutfieldguy
09-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Damn so many great reviews.I'll be seeing this sumbitch sometime this week.

Scissorhands
09-28-2004, 06:36 AM
Cool movie.. I just saw it last night. Its definitely worth seeing. :)

NeewollaH
09-28-2004, 04:49 PM
I saw it Sunday, loved it! Absolutely loved it!

Damn, I wish I could post here more often. I hate homework/school.

theoutfieldguy
09-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by NeewollaH
I saw it Sunday, loved it! Absolutely loved it!

Damn, I wish I could post here more often. I hate homework/school.

I was wondering wtf happened to you,bro.I needed backup in the Bucky thread the other night.:D

NeewollaH
09-30-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
I was wondering wtf happened to you,bro.I needed backup in the Bucky thread the other night.:D

I get my first weekend off in about two weeks, so mark my words, I'll be back big time for a few days!

Until then...expect a few posts here and there...it's tough, but I'm going to try and stick with it.

Maxvayne
10-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Fuck it. Screw homecoming, me and my buddy are going to see Shun Of the Dead for the first time today. I know I should have seen it a week ago, but I got screwed, and that's another tale.

MichaelMyers
10-02-2004, 08:04 AM
Now I got to see it.

Gerry f'n D
10-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Bought it today on dvd & plan to watch it tonite sometime.I have never seen it before.It seems to have alot of extras also.

cheers

Silverpsycho
10-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Great movie!!! I love all the nods to Romero's films. I won't say any of them or else it'll spoil the surprise ;) But go see it, you'll love it! Also, if you're already a big fan...go and buy the current issue of Fangoria! It features a 3 page article & a cover for Shaun...it's great!
Here's a few links to help you find out more:
<a href="http://www.shaunsquad.com/shaunsquad/index.html?fuseaction=tools.invlink&u=silverpsycho&linkID=1">Official Website</A>
<a href="http://www.shaunsquad.com/shaunsquad/?u=silverpsycho">Click here to become a member of Shaun Squad!</a>
and visit the UK site too, as it has a kick-ass game that's really addictive :)
http://uip.co.uk/romzom/

U should all join the club to earn points to get sweet movie shwag and u can even see clips from the film (in the a/v section)!

Chomp_on_this
10-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Silverpsycho
Great movie!!! I love all the nods to Romero's films. I won't say any of them or else it'll spoil the surprise ;) But go see it, you'll love it! Also, if you're already a big fan...go and buy the current issue of Fangoria! It features a 3 page article & a cover for Shaun...it's great!
Here's a few links to help you find out more:
<a href="http://www.shaunsquad.com/shaunsquad/index.html?fuseaction=tools.invlink&u=silverpsycho&linkID=1">Official Website</A>
<a href="http://www.shaunsquad.com/shaunsquad/?u=silverpsycho">Click here to become a member of Shaun Squad!</a>
and visit the UK site too, as it has a kick-ass game that's really addictive :)
http://uip.co.uk/romzom/

U should all join the club to earn points to get sweet movie shwag and u can even see clips from the film (in the a/v section)!

Ever since DOTD's Zombie Army...it seems every movie is getting its own online fan distribution club. I am still whiped out from wasting many long hours for that Zombie Army, only to recieve a poster that came pretty damaged...meh.

It is a great movie though!

Silverpsycho
10-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
Ever since DOTD's Zombie Army...it seems every movie is getting its own online fan distribution club. I am still whiped out from wasting many long hours for that Zombie Army, only to recieve a poster that came pretty damaged...meh.

It is a great movie though!
LOL, i know! I got so burned out on the zombie army, but I am doing fairly well with the Shaun Squad :D Like my cheap way of distributing links to get my points...LOL! Sorry, I had to! Baby wants a new soundtrack...if I can get that many points...LOL! :D

Silverpsycho
10-03-2004, 01:08 AM
No way would I compare this to the Scary Movies, this is in a totally different league. I mean, no disrespect, the first Scary Movie was very funny.

However, Shaun of the Dead doesn't have to rely on drugs and lots of sex/penis jokes, unlike the Wayan Bro's. Therefor, I see it as a far superior movie.
100% agree on this one Hall9ween. They are funny but don't even touch the quality of Shaun. However the third Scary movie pulled off the comedy quite well w/out any...or very little, dirty trashy stuff.:)

Hall9ween
10-03-2004, 08:49 AM
100% agree on this one Hall9ween. They are funny but don't even touch the quality of Shaun. However the third Scary movie pulled off the comedy quite well w/out any...or very little, dirty trashy stuff.:)

That's true. SM3 was quite good actually. People say it's boring even though it's a quite short movie, and it's no where near Airplane! but it's still good.

Maxvayne
10-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Loved this movie. I'm not gonna go on and on about it though. Ill get it when it comes out on DVD over here.

Gerry f'n D
10-07-2004, 12:08 PM
I guess i must be missing something here about the movie,because i thought it was so so.Yeah there were some funny bits but overall i was pretty disappointed by it.

cheers

LP~MyersFan~25
10-07-2004, 07:39 PM
The beginning of this movie was so so but it all got a lot better after that.

Ravenheart
10-11-2004, 06:02 PM
I went and caught it last week and thought it was great.When I first heard of it I was a little worried but after seeing it,I knew I shouldn't have been.

atomic dog
10-11-2004, 06:03 PM
anyone know the release date for the states?

Chomp_on_this
10-13-2004, 07:51 PM
anyone know the release date for the states?

Nothing as of yet. No specs, no release date, nothing.

BlackRaven
10-13-2004, 11:56 PM
Can you not play Region 2 disks? It is released over here with quite a good selection of extras.

Chomp_on_this
10-14-2004, 07:23 AM
Meh...I'll wait for the Region 1 release. There's a good chance it will be double disc! Just about every new DVD release gets a second disc.

freethy
10-14-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by BlackRaven
Can you not play Region 2 disks? It is released over here with quite a good selection of extras.

They don't operate on PAL. And if I remember correctly, they don't have PAL compatible systems on the market. I could be wrong, but that is what I have been lead to believe.

Hall9ween
10-14-2004, 11:37 AM
I can't believe I haven't bought this film yet, but I might as well waits until it goes cheap, or until it goes on one of HMV's sales now.

I only want to see the ghetto chat queen, Trisha Goddard's extra on the disc -- some full chat show sequences of zombie style chat show. No doubt I will be laughing so hard at them.

MASMYERS
10-14-2004, 04:35 PM
I was all excited to see this movie, and finally did today.
And wow, I gotta say I'm disappointed! It was kinda funny at times but some of it was just really boring.

It just did not click with me. I won't be purchasing the DVD, that's for sure.

Hall9ween
10-15-2004, 06:25 AM
I always thought that this movie would fly way above the American audiences' head, and it seems it did for some and not for others.

I would love to hear some American opinions of such British films as My Name Is Joe (an OK film), or the extraordinary (in my opinion) Secrets & Lies.

I would seriously recommend Secrets & Lies, it certainly is a moving piece of film.

MASMYERS
10-15-2004, 01:18 PM
I always thought that this movie would fly way above the American audiences' head, and it seems it did for some and not for others.

I would love to hear some American opinions of such British films as My Name Is Joe (an OK film), or the extraordinary (in my opinion) Secrets & Lies.

I would seriously recommend Secrets & Lies, it certainly is a moving piece of film. Well that's insulting, especially since I'm one of the few that didn't like it and my post stating this was the one just before you made this post.

Just because people don't like it doesn't mean the movie is "way above" our heads.

Hall9ween
10-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by MASMYERS
Well that's insulting, especially since I'm one of the few that didn't like it and my post stating this was the one just before you made this post.

Just because people don't like it doesn't mean the movie is "way above" our heads.

Take offence to it, it doesn't really bother me; except for the fact that my post wasn't aimed at you, or anybody.

What I meant was that it had a very british culture in it. Did you find the Trisha show excerts to be funny? Did you find the pub setting to be funny? There was alot of little things in the movie that made me laugh my head off, because it had the british undertone to it, and coming from the UK, it made me like the film even more.

That's all that I meant. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was right. Who knows?

Maxvayne
10-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Take offence to it, it doesn't really bother me; except for the fact that my post wasn't aimed at you, or anybody.

What I meant was that it had a very british culture in it. Did you find the Trisha show excerts to be funny? Did you find the pub setting to be funny? There was alot of little things in the movie that made me laugh my head off, because it had the british undertone to it, and coming from the UK, it made me like the film even more.

That's all that I meant. Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was right. Who knows?

I didn't know any of the British refrences , but what got my piece off was all the Horror ones.

Hall9ween
10-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Yea, there were the horror ones too. "We're coming to get you Barbara!" -- wicked homage to Night of the Living Dead.

BlackRaven
10-17-2004, 11:33 PM
No offence was intended by his post about it being over America's head. It is well known in Britain that the Americans have a different view of humour.

According to common knowledge over here (and America may have its own views on this in reverse), American humour is more slapstick, whilst British humour is more about irony. That is not to say that America doesn't have good comedy - Friends being a biggie, and I do think that has irony.

I did find Shaun Of The Dead hit and miss in places (I felt the start was very slow). But if any American DO like it, I would recommend you get hold of the British TV series Spaced. The movie was actually made based on a scene that came out of that series, and to me, SOTD felt like an extended episode.

Jinxed
10-25-2004, 06:15 AM
God damn it how did all you fuckers see this flick??? I traveled miles looking for theatres that was showing this film but no dice. It must be showing in very slim select theatres.

atomic dog
10-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Jinxed
God damn it how did all you fuckers see this flick??? I traveled miles looking for theatres that was showing this film but no dice. It must be showing in very slim select theatres.
i am making an effort to see this this weekend.

Jinxed
10-25-2004, 09:54 PM
i am making an effort to see this this weekend.

So its playing in your neck of the woods huh? Lucky little bitch.
Well if chomp told me right its set for a December release, so yeah.

BlackRaven
10-25-2004, 11:49 PM

On UK cinema!! It is on DVD over in the UK. I am sure it could be ripped by someone and converted to NTSC if you were really struggling.

Oliver
10-26-2004, 03:27 AM
Very good film, its really not so much of a spoofon the zombie genre. The zombies are kept very seriously, and the closing moments ofg the film in the pub get very serious, to some level anyway. Its also very funny, and the first half hour of it I was thinking how the film could have actually survived without the zombies in. Plus the make up was all very good, the zombies looked fantastic.

atomic dog
10-26-2004, 03:33 AM
So its playing in your neck of the woods huh? Lucky little bitch.
Well if chomp told me right its set for a December release, so yeah.
yes i was going to see it last friday but i didn't.

complete
11-07-2004, 12:44 PM
How odd that the US only has it out now... It came out on DVD ages ago. This is a great movie and a great amount of DVD extras. Di (the failed actress) ends up in a tree, so she doesn't die. That's from a storyboard on the extras.

This movie is really funny and the zombies look amazing. My fav zombie film of all time!!!

atomic dog
11-07-2004, 12:48 PM
well it was out here but now i cant find it. i guess i will have to wait for rental to see it.

complete
11-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Trust me, it'll be worth the $30 for the DVD! This film is the best zombie film I've seen. Even Geroge Romero was impressed and has given Simon & Edgar (that his name?) parts as Zombies in Land of the Dead. Hope there's another Shaun film, like he joking mention From Dusk till Shaun. I just love the ending with Mike!!!

BlackRaven
11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
The only thing is on how well the humour translates to American. A lot of it is very British (especially the pub based stuff).

TheThorn666
11-09-2004, 12:53 PM
I got to go see this movie about a day after it ame out and the place was packed and it's a really funny movie who ever hasnt seen it has to go!

Hallowicked
12-15-2004, 01:13 PM
I finally got around to seeing this at the dollar theater and I thought it was... between good and ok. I'm not saying the movie was terrible and I'm not saying it was great. I guess I'm in between. It was funny at times and the acting was good, but I don't see myself adding this to my dvd collection right away.

zombie commando
12-15-2004, 07:56 PM
I can't wait untill this movie becomes available here on DVD.

Chomp_on_this
12-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Next Tuesday bitches. I'll probably get it to myself as a Christmas present.

Merry Christmas Chomp!

atomic dog
12-16-2004, 04:39 AM
any specs on this dvd?

Hallowicked
12-16-2004, 04:52 AM
any specs on this dvd?

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5093&n=1&k=shaun+of+the+dead&burl=r%3D0%26g%3Dinfo%26s%3D1%26k%3Dshaun%2Bof%2Bt he%2Bdead%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

atomic dog
12-16-2004, 04:54 AM
ok. i like that setup.

Hall9ween
12-17-2004, 01:11 AM
The DVD menus and extras look the same, if not that then similar to the Region 2 setup. And Region 2 had a wicked DVD for Shaun of the Dead.

Maxvayne
12-17-2004, 04:10 AM
Can't wait for this one. Sadly ill have to wait till after christmas, but I WILL get this one.

Ravenheart
12-18-2004, 02:12 AM
I've got my copy ordered and can't wait to get it in a few days.

complete
12-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Glad the USA is finally getting it. This movie rules.

NeewollaH
12-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I just found out how little money this made during it's run in the US theaters. ONLY 13 MILLION?! That really isn't right, considering cheap screams like "The Grudge" and "Darkness" are bound to do better ("Grudge" already). I feel like sending Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg an apology letter on behalf of the US.

Maxvayne
12-29-2004, 11:45 PM
I just found out how little money this made during it's run in the US theaters. ONLY 13 MILLION?! That really isn't right, considering cheap screams like "The Grudge" and "Darkness" are bound to do better ("Grudge" already). I feel like sending Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg an apology letter on behalf of the US.

You got to think that the movie wasn't even made in this country, I'm not sure how much it made in the UK. The reason it only made 13 million was because it wasn't well advertised and had a limited release in the theaters. I knew it was coming to the theaters because of word of the mouth on Dead Central forums, If I didn't hear about it there, I would have never have known it came.

Chomp_on_this
12-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Yea man, it was very limited. There were only like 15 theatres playing it in my whole state.

Slapshot
01-02-2005, 09:10 AM
I just saw this movie two nights ago (I know I'm slow) and man is it awesome! This is probably my third favorite movie of all time, it is so damn good and funny, my favorite part is probably the "Kill The Queen" scene where Queen is playing and they are beating up the bar owner. I love that scene, I also like the "We're Coming To Get You Barbara!" part, it's so funny.

Donnie Darko
01-06-2005, 01:32 AM
i loved that line towards the end of the movie that someone on tv said about "rumors that the virus came from rage infested monkeys has been dismissed as bull...."
that got my drink sprayed outta my laughing face!

this movie is fucking solid, it nods back to the classics of the genre and even has some scattered music from older movies. the funniest movie ive seen in awhile!

another of my favorite parts was where they were making the plans before leaving the house, and the plans kept changing (it always ended with Shaun drinking coffee) then it happened nothing like how it was conceived. man that was a funny movie!!

T1000416
01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm sure everybody's noticed this but, as Ed and Shaun are going through the plans, the music in the Background is from Dawn of the Dead. I was suprised I didn't realize that when I saw it in Theatres.

Mojo
01-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by T1000416
I'm sure everybody's noticed this but, as Ed and Shaun are going through the plans, the music in the Background is from Dawn of the Dead. I was suprised I didn't realize that when I saw it in Theatres.

Wow, you recognized musical cues from another zombie movie? Impressive!

Honestly, I would have had no idea.

Slapshot
01-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I just watched this movie again today and it is awesome! It's so funny, I love the lines in this movie like:

Ed: What's the plan then?
Shaun: Right.
[Cuts to thought sequence]
Shaun: We take Pete's car, we drive over to mum's, we go in, take care of Phillip - "I'm so sorry Phillip". - then we grab mum, we go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Ed: Why have we got to go to Liz's?
Shaun: Because we do.
Ed: But she dumped you!
Shaun: I have to know if she's all right!
Ed: Why?
Shaun: Because I love her!
Ed: Alright... gayyy... I'm not staying there, though.
Shaun: Why not?
Ed: If we hole up, I wanna be somewhere familiar, I wanna know where the exits are, and I wanna be allowed to smoke.
Shaun: Okay.
[cuts to thought sequence again]
Shaun: We take Pete's car, go around mum's, go in, deal with Phillip - "Sorry Phillip!" - grab mum, go to Liz's, pick her up, bring her back here, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Ed: Perfect!
Shaun: No, no, no, no, no, wait, we can't bring her back here.
Ed: Why not?
Shaun: Well, it's not really safe, is it?
Ed: Yeah, look at the state of it.
Shaun: Where's safe? where's familiar?
Ed: Where can I smoke?
[Shaun and Ed pause then slowly make a realization]
Shaun: [cuts to thought sequence a third time] Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?
Ed: Yeah, boyyyeee!

[a jukebox begins playing Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" while the zombie Pub owner attacks the group]
Shaun: Who the hell put this on?
Ed: It's on random.
Liz: For fuck's sake!
Shaun: Kill the Queen!
David: What?
Shaun: The music!

T1000416
01-06-2005, 06:19 PM
That entire Queen scene is hilarious.

------------------------------
Shaun: Don't go up there
Ed: Why
Shuan: Cause A, he might be one of them. And B, he might still be annoyed.
Ed: Yeah
Shaun: Peeete
Ed: oY, Prick!
*Pause for a moment*
Shaun/Ed: He's not up there.

Ed: Are there any Zombie out there
Shuan: Hey, don't call them that
Ed: Call them what
Shaun: The...Zed word
Ed: Why not
Shaun: Because it's a ridiculous
Ed: Alright, but are there any out there.
Shaun: I don't see any. Oh, wait, there they are.

I love that Part

I think I just realized somthing else....is Pete's car similiar to the one Flyboy, Roger, and Peter used in the mall.

Silverpsycho
01-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch. I only caught the music immediately since I play out the Dawn '78 soundtracks. Shaun of the Dead had way more tributes than the Dawn remake...so Shaun is great in my book just for that reason alone. Shaun just impressed me on so many levels and I am happy to have it in my collection :D

Slapshot
01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
That entire Queen scene is hilarious.

That's my favorite part of the movie

"Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive and the world I'll turn it inside out - yeah
And floating around in ecstasy
So don't stop me now don't stop me
'Cause I'm having a good time having a good time

I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva
I'm gonna go go go
There's no stopping me

I'm burnin' through the sky yeah
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm trav'ling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you

Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball
Don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now ('Cause I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (Yes I'm havin' a good time)
I don't want to stop at all"

Friggin' Hilarious!

Donnie Darko
01-08-2005, 12:47 AM
i like the way that when everyone was at the Winchester, once there was conflict between the people then shit started going wrong. that ol timeless zombie movie lesson to stick together!

the part where theyre throwing records at the zombies in the back yard was money also "can i throw this one?" haha

NeewollaH
01-08-2005, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Donnie Darko
i like the way that when everyone was at the Winchester, once there was conflict between the people then shit started going wrong. that ol timeless zombie movie lesson to stick together!

Damn right. That just goes to show you about most people out there. They are going to still give a shit about the little things when something chatastrophic happens. This movie works on so many levels, it's crazy.

Donnie Darko
01-08-2005, 01:07 PM
at first i didnt think the movie was gonna be THAT great, just something that was pretty cool. once i started hearing all the good reviews on here then i decided to check it out. ive seen it a good 6 times now.

that one part where the crew is going through the backyards and they see the other crew and its almost a mirror image of the same people, thas so cool! they all say the same things to each other but dont really acknowledge the fact that theyre so similar.
i wish movies like that were made more often.

T1000416
01-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah, that back alley things with Yvonne wass funny.

Slapshot
01-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Did you hear that there will be a SOTD sequel........but only in comic book form.

Silverpsycho
01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Whoa, I havn't heard anything about a sequal in comic book form! Ringu, do you happen to have a link or any info? Thanks

T1000416
01-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Since we brought up Comic-Book, wh not mention the SOTD comic, "There's somthing about Mary".

I hope this comic is good. I wish they would make one for Yvonnes side of the story.

Killer of Evil
01-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Was it any good I haven't seen it yet?

MichaelMyers
01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Killer of Evil
Was it any good I haven't seen it yet?
It was pretty good. Most of it anyway.

Spongerboy
01-13-2005, 01:50 PM
This is a great, quality movie all the way around. Not only is it funny as hell. But the ending in the garage was just... so awesome. Made me feel all warm inside.
Also... they really did a good job making us feel for the characters. I would expect a comedy to be a bunch of be-headed people, but this one was actually pretty heart wrenching.
This was a great movie!

Slapshot
01-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Whoa, I havn't heard anything about a sequal in comic book form! Ringu, do you happen to have a link or any info? Thanks

Sure: Shaun of The Dead 2 Comic (http://bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=3113&Template=newsfull)

"During a short interview CHUD conducted with Simon Pegg (Shaun) and Nick Frost (Ed) the two revealed that a sequel to Rogue's Shaun of the Dead could happen, but only in comic book form- over at either DC or Marvel! Nothing is official yet, more on that as the news rolls in. In 'Shaun' a man decides to turn his moribund life around by winning back his ex-girlfriend, reconciling his relationship with his mother and dealing with an entire community that has returned from the dead to eat the living. "

MMyers89
01-14-2005, 09:37 PM
I just saw this movie and thought it was downright hilarious. I loved the way it was made, all the references to Dawn of the Dead (loved the music) and it even had good gore in it. I will definetely be buying this

atomic dog
01-17-2005, 03:05 PM
i finally got to see this classic today. it really made me laugh but also had our love of gore in it.

NeewollaH
01-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Man, I soooo wanted Harry Potter dude to die in this movie. He reeeeeeeally pissed me off. Don't fuck with Shaun's girl, mate!

"GET FUCKED, FOUR EYES!!!" :D

Mr. Bruce
01-18-2005, 06:05 PM
I saw the movie a while back it was alright. I cant stand the way England people talk though. (NO DISRESPECT TO FELLOW ENGLAND BOARD FANS). But its not that bad I give it a 7 out of 10.

T1000416
01-18-2005, 07:27 PM
"GET FUCKED, FOUR EYES!!!" :D

:D
That's one of the best Lines I've ever heard in a movie

atomic dog
01-19-2005, 05:16 AM
all i can say is: sorry, shaun. huh what? sorry, shaun. aaa man you stink. i'll stop doing that when you stop laughing.

zombie commando
01-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but there's a new Shaun of the Dead comic coming out. Check out CHUD.com for a look at some of the art.

Slapshot
01-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but there's a new Shaun of the Dead comic coming out. Check out CHUD.com for a look at some of the art.

I already talked about that but I didn't know anything about the art. I looks good.

Maxvayne
01-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Shit. Ill have to pick this up.

T1000416
01-20-2005, 05:00 PM
I'd be insane if I didn't.

Slapshot
01-26-2005, 03:13 PM
I have found that I quote this movie all the time, anyone else?

NeewollaH
01-26-2005, 04:20 PM
I used to a little, but Anchorman has taken that spot.

"I am a man! I am an....Anchorman!"

Slapshot
01-26-2005, 04:26 PM
I used to a little, but Anchorman has taken that spot.

"I am a man! I am an....Anchorman!"

I'm actually quoting Dodgeball now.

boogeyman87
01-26-2005, 04:27 PM
I have found that I quote this movie all the time, anyone else?

I say "Oye Prick" alot.:)

Slapshot
01-26-2005, 04:38 PM
I say "Oye Prick" alot.:)

I use the "You got Red on You" one, nobody gets it but their reaction is priceless.

Chomp_on_this
01-26-2005, 06:40 PM
I gotta watch my mouth as of lately...I have been using "Whatsuuuup niggaz?" more than I should. We all know its all in good fun, but others may take it the wrong way.

atomic dog
01-26-2005, 07:03 PM
i say the 'c' word alot now.

Cereal Killer
01-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Just rented it. I think it was just plain old silly... in a good way that is ;)

Cool British flick :)

Blake
02-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
I gotta watch my mouth as of lately...I have been using "Whatsuuuup niggaz?" more than I should. We all know its all in good fun, but others may take it the wrong way.

SO TRUE!!!

Mr. Bruce
02-03-2005, 12:05 PM
This movie is not really too bad. But I don't know if I wanna own it for myslef. I just watch it at my homies house whenever I wanna.

Slapshot
02-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by icparenumber1
This movie is not really too bad. But I don't know if I wanna own it for myslef. I just watch it at my homies house whenever I wanna.

Damn moochers.

Kara Strode
02-15-2005, 02:15 PM
I finally got to see this last night. The place I rent from had two copies and one was stole..oy!

I just rewatched it with the Zombie facts thing on.

Quite a funny little enjoyable movie. I love all the references. Looking forward to owning this one. Perhaps I'll get it from Best Buy since it's being sold with the new Dawn of the Dead this week

Jenn
02-15-2005, 02:38 PM
I also use, "You got red on you." from time to time. :D

I even made a horror fan go, "huh? Where?" one night, LOL!

Roswell
02-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Last week I had a friend have the exact same thing happen to him that happens to Shaun in the movie. That's when I started using that phrase.

Seeing how yesterday was Valentine's Day, a lot of my friends (and most of my school) wore red, so I used it a lot yesterday. Nobody (except my friend who saw the movie with me) got it.

boogeyman87
02-16-2005, 06:29 PM
I came across this Shaun of the Dead shirt (http://www.drafthouse.shoppingcartsplus.com/catalog/item/1011625/1110386.htm) and thought I'd share it with you. Pretty nifty indeed.

Chomp_on_this
02-16-2005, 07:12 PM
I want the "I Got Wood" T-shirt.

TheShape66
03-03-2005, 01:19 PM
I finally got to watch this last night. Great comedy with perfect dose of zombies and gore. Overall, a really good movie. this WILL be added to the collection

Slapshot
03-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Shaun of The Dead won Best British Picture at the Empire awards recently. Just letting people know if you care.

complete
03-18-2005, 03:46 AM
Shaun of The Dead won Best British Picture at the Empire awards recently. Just letting people know if you care.

Ooh, really? That's cool. Go Shaun!

Chomp_on_this
03-18-2005, 07:59 AM
I also heard over at BD that action figures are to be made of the characters.

ten31
03-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by TheShape66
I finally got to watch this last night. Great comedy with perfect dose of zombies and gore. Overall, a really good movie. this WILL be added to the collection

I agree with you 100% shape66.

SEXMACHINE
03-18-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm sorry......No I'm really Sorry.......Great movie man.

It's Neal
03-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Just watched this recently...and i really liked it. Favorite part by far was when they ran down the zombie in the begining but werent sure if he was one..so they slowly reverse and roll their window down and ask if hes alright. I was rolling on the ground at that part.

complete
03-20-2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by NCamp
Just watched this recently...and i really liked it. Favorite part by far was when they ran down the zombie in the begining but werent sure if he was one..so they slowly reverse and roll their window down and ask if hes alright. I was rolling on the ground at that part.

I love that part.

'You alright?'

'ahhhhhhhh.'

'Ah, thank god!'

DarthMyers
03-21-2005, 07:03 AM
I love this flick. Saw it a year ago on a bootleg. I need to breakdown and buy the US release to complete my collection. Great film.

It's Neal
03-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by complete
I love that part.

'You alright?'

'ahhhhhhhh.'

'Ah, thank god!'

Haha, yeah and even if he wasnt one he wasn clearly crumpled up on the ground and torn up.

Slapshot
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
My favorite part is at the end where they are beating the barowner with pool cues while going along to "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen, it is hilarious and the best part IMO.

complete
03-21-2005, 03:42 PM
haha, yeah. And the bit with the mum in the bar. With the bottles, lol. Ed handing Di one.

Mr. Bruce
03-22-2005, 01:17 PM
This movie is pretty funny I will probably pick it up within the next few weeks.

Slapshot
03-22-2005, 02:25 PM
haha, yeah. And the bit with the mum in the bar. With the bottles, lol. Ed handing Di one.

That was good. I also love when they are doing their best Zomb...er...I mean impression of the Undead and Diana says "That's wonderful Barbara" and Barbara replies "I'm sorry dear, I was miles away".

complete
03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Haha, yeah. She wasn't even trying! lol.

And Ed on the phone, with all the undead turning to watch them.

Can't say the Z word, lol.

Slapshot
03-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Haha, yeah. She wasn't even trying! lol.

And Ed on the phone, with all the undead turning to watch them.

Can't say the Z word, lol.

That was funny, I also like when Ed is relaying all the messages to Shaun.

complete
03-23-2005, 04:17 AM
I think my all time fav bit, is the plan!

Getting mum, killing phillip 'Sorry Phil', getting Liz then back home for a cuppa. Or at Liz's for a cuppa. Or, how about this for golden fried slice? The Winchester for a pint & nuts!

Slapshot
03-24-2005, 03:48 PM
I think my all time fav bit, is the plan!

Getting mum, killing phillip 'Sorry Phil', getting Liz then back home for a cuppa. Or at Liz's for a cuppa. Or, how about this for golden fried slice? The Winchester for a pint & nuts!

That part is great, here's the whole convo:

Ed: What's the plan then?
Shaun: Right.
[Cuts to dream sequence]
Shaun: We take Pete's car, we drive over to mum's, we go in, take care of Phillip - "I'm so sorry Phillip". - then we grab mum, we go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Ed: Why have we got to go to Liz's?
Shaun: Because we do.
Ed: But she dumped you!
Shaun: I have to know if she's all right!
Ed: Why?
Shaun: Because I love her!
Ed: All right... gayyy... I'm not staying there, though.
Shaun: Why not?
Ed: If we hole up, I wanna be somewhere familiar, I wanna know where the exits are, and I wanna be allowed to smoke.
Shaun: Okay.
[cuts to dream sequence again]
Shaun: We take Pete's car, go around mum's, go in, deal with Phillip - "Sorry Phillip!" - grab mum, go to Liz's, pick her up, bring her back here, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Ed: Perfect!
Shaun: No, no, no, no, no, wait, we can't bring her back here.
Ed: Why not?
Shaun: Well, it's not really safe, is it?
Ed: Yeah, look at the state of it.
Shaun: Where's safe? where's familiar?
Ed: Where can I smoke?
[Shaun and Ed pause then slowly make a realization]
Shaun: [cuts to dream sequence a third time] Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?
Ed: Yeah, boyyyeee!
[Shaun and Ed clang weapons together]

complete
03-24-2005, 04:04 PM
lmao! I love that whole scene. Classic.

Slapshot
03-24-2005, 04:31 PM
lmao! I love that whole scene. Classic.

My friend and I always quote thism ovie and it's so funny to see people's reations who haven't seen it when we say "You've got red on you" and they look at themselves and become confused. All the time I act like Shaun while my friend acts like Ed, it's so funny and people just look at us like we're crazy (nothing out of the ordinary from how we're normaly looked at).

complete
03-25-2005, 03:59 AM
lol! Has your friend asked you and your friends 'Can I buy any of you cunts a drink?'

atomic dog
03-25-2005, 04:24 AM
lol! Has your friend asked you and your friends 'Can I buy any of you cunts a drink?'
i've used that lineseveral times. of course i get a look from the women.

complete
03-25-2005, 05:38 AM
i've used that lineseveral times. of course i get a look from the women.

lmao! Those poor women:p

I've used it a few times, once to my family (they were NOT happy!) and some times to my friends. Great line. haha.

Slapshot
03-25-2005, 11:43 AM

Many times. Alot of the time we'll start singing "Don't Stop Me Now" (by Queen for thoseo f you who don't know) and will impersonate Shaun and Ed beatin up John (The Bartender), it's so much fun.

complete
03-25-2005, 02:30 PM
lol.
'Player 2 has entered the game'
"Haven't you got work?"
'Player 2 has left the game'.

NeewollaH
03-25-2005, 03:11 PM
"Yeah, but the man on the Tv.."

"FUCK the man!"

lol, I love how they just push that in the movie..amusing.

complete
03-26-2005, 02:54 AM
lol, the news guy. Always listen to the news man.

atomic dog
03-26-2005, 05:48 AM
lol.
'Player 2 has entered the game'
"Haven't you got work?"
'Player 2 has left the game'.
i love that part.

Slapshot
03-26-2005, 05:59 AM
That part is great! I love when they meet the people who are dressed almost identical and they greet each other in the same manner and Ed and the other guy don't even look up.

complete
03-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Haha, yeah that's cool. All the same, except Shaun & his opposite, Yvonne. Man, every scene in SotD is cool!

zombie commando
04-14-2005, 06:46 AM
You are correct Complete. The whole movie is pretty cool. I had almost lost hope for you after spouting off that crap about Evil Dead....

MichaelMyers
05-08-2005, 03:29 PM
'Shaun of the Dead' Sequel int he Works?!
Get more on Zombie Movies | Posted 05.08.05 @ 02:06 pm ]

Wow here's something that hit right under all of our noses- apparently Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg are already working on a sequel (or not a sequel?) to their brilliant Shaun of the Dead which hit theaters last year. But this time the movie will be different- how different? Well all the characters died in the first, explains Wright. Read on for the juicy details on that and a Special Edition DVD release for Shaun...

Sci Fi Wire writes:

"But Romero liked Shaun of the Dead, and he agreed to do their documentary if the guys played zombies in his film. "George wanted to give me a speaking part, but I said, 'No, I want to do a zombie, that's what I came to do,'" Wright said.

Meanwhile, Pegg and Wright are re-teaming with their Shaun cast for another movie. "It's not a sequel," Wright said. "We've pretty much killed off all the characters. It's in the spirit of Shaun, with the same sort of flavor and the same people, but a different genre."

Are British zombies any different from Romero's American zombies? "Well, the British zombies have bad teeth," Pegg said."

zombie commando
05-08-2005, 04:17 PM
It doesn't sound like he's doing a sequel but rather just a different type of comedy paying homage to something else.

Nightmare
06-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Ive never seen it but it looked pretty funny!:D

complete
06-03-2005, 09:37 AM
lol. When he says bad teeth, doesn't he mean real teeth?

And everyone died? Must be 'new' deleted scenes on this SE DVD then. Shaun and Liz were still alive, and so was Lucy (I think that's her name), up in the tree.

lauriestrode
06-18-2005, 10:26 PM
THIS MOVIE ROCKED!

Maxvayne
06-19-2005, 06:57 AM
It doesn't sound like he's doing a sequel but rather just a different type of comedy paying homage to something else.

Cop films.

zombie commando
06-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
Cop films. Well, I'll definitely check that out. Those kids are funny across the pond.

KruegerLives
06-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Well, I'll definitely check that out. Those kids are funny across the pond.
Yes we certainly are. :D

spring heel
06-30-2005, 10:18 PM
I thought it was lame way to long and the jokes were way to drawn out. the scene where they pelted the zombies w/ records and such was like five bleeding minutes long. it would have been less boring for me as a half hour tv show. Ive never been a fan of movies about geeks written for geeks starring geeks. yawn. No universal appeal. The jokes and charactor dynamics were flat, In my books a british accent doesnt add depth to charactors.

Mojo
06-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by spring heel
I thought it was lame way to long and the jokes were way to drawn out. the scene where they pelted the zombies w/ records and such was like five bleeding minutes long. it would have been less boring for me as a half hour tv show. Ive never been a fan of movies about geeks written for geeks starring geeks. yawn. No universal appeal. The jokes and charactor dynamics were flat, In my books a british accent doesnt add depth to charactors.

I take it you're not a fan of the dry, British wit. Fair enough. I don't think it's fair to say these characters lacked depth, however -- if you want to go after a zombie film because its characters are weak, attack Land of the Dead. I felt the characters in this film were fairly complex, especially for a comedy spoof romance.

spring heel
06-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Mojo
I take it you're not a fan of the dry, British wit. Fair enough. I don't think it's fair to say these characters lacked depth, however -- if you want to go after a zombie film because its characters are weak, attack Land of the Dead. I felt the characters in this film were fairly complex, especially for a comedy spoof romance.

No Iím a big fan of well-done British humour. But as far as wit goes Shaun lacked it, there were some clever bits of dialogue, but the concept was bled dry too soon for me. I didnt find the charactors were flat it was the character dynamics they were not original, slacker guys, responsible girlfriend leaving the slacker guy, slacker guy having to choose between responsible girlfriend and his slacker friend. Its been done to death. I felt it was too long. And two guys reacting nonchalantly to the undead was funny for 10 min. I was hoping they would take it in another direction.
I compare movies like this to Christian rock bands you cant fail because there is already a built in audience, but that doesnít mean you need a good product to be successful. The acting was fine the writing and concept is what I didnít like. I would defiantly see other movies by these guys so long as they are not just homage flicks.

Now as far as lotd characters being flat I agree, but there were so many other elements in that movie that made up for it. The setting was outside of being holed up in the mall, farmhouse, warehouse, bunker, Iím a big fan of post apocalyptic movies and I loved the social dynamics that were set up, I thought the message was better executed than any of his other films. And the effects were stellar. The characters came of flat because thatís what Hollywood thinks todayís audience wants. So remakes or continuations of 70s era movies always come off flat for this reason {the star wars effect} 70s movies relied more heavily on dialogue and the actors delivery, something that is sorely lacking in todayís films. I think when people give lotd a few viewings opinions will change.

Iammrtwisted
06-30-2005, 11:37 PM
I have to say that this movie surprised me. It was better than I expected it would be.

Hall9ween
07-01-2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by spring heel
No Iím a big fan of well-done British humour.

Let me guess; Love Actually, Bridget Jones (especially the 2nd one) and Four Weddings and a Funeral spring to mind. All with American input all holding out for the American audience to try and create money. The Thatcher Government was a shit, cutting off British film's money in the 1980s, now it's all about trying to please abroad countries. Most Brtish films have lost their identity. Shaun of the Dead was a breath of fresh air to me. While it obviously did appeal to some American audiences, it still felt really British, and was damn funny too.

spring heel
07-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Let me guess; Love Actually, Bridget Jones (especially the 2nd one) and Four Weddings and a Funeral spring to mind. All with American input all holding out for the American audience to try and create money. The Thatcher Government was a shit, cutting off British film's money in the 1980s, now it's all about trying to please abroad countries. Most Brtish films have lost their identity. Shaun of the Dead was a breath of fresh air to me. While it obviously did appeal to some American audiences, it still felt really British, and was damn funny too.

Holy poo you guys are wacky. I didnt like shaun i found its concept undeserving of a full movie. This is my opinion it does not mean i like crappy chick flicks, or hate all british productions. In fact Im jealous of britins independent scene, somthing like man bites dog would never be made in canada unless it celebrated diversity, or was some sort of high art wankery. At least your contry gives cash to film makers that want to produce an entertaining product. So
i dont hate british flicks, I just found shaun boring. so chill ah-eddy.

freethy
07-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers

Are British zombies any different from Romero's American zombies? "Well, the British zombies have bad teeth," Pegg said."

LMFAO:D

Myers Insurance
08-07-2005, 08:18 PM
I liked Shaun of the Dead. It was funny and had a good plot. It started off slow, but it got better.

666myers666
08-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Funny as fuck!! I had it on dvd last year but i havn't watched it in a while so some parts seemed new to me.

Iammrtwisted
08-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Myers Insurance
I liked Shaun of the Dead. It was funny and had a good plot. It started off slow, but it got better.

I agree.

boogeygirl
08-26-2005, 06:35 AM
In my opinion the movie is abit overrated. Its good,but it aint that good. Towards the end the humor really goes off and it turns into basic zombie shooting which i never really liked much. After they get to the pub the movie turns bad. Before that,its great.

Slapshot
08-26-2005, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by boogeygirl
In my opinion the movie is abit overrated. Its good,but it aint that good. Towards the end the humor really goes off and it turns into basic zombie shooting which i never really liked much. After they get to the pub the movie turns bad. Before that,its great.

My favorite part is in the pub when "Dont Stop Me Now" is playing and they're hitting the Pub Owner, to me its hilarious.

boogeygirl
08-26-2005, 06:51 AM
I thought that that was kind of an tired joke,actually more like a gag...dont know why...Oh and i got it kinda cheap,this and monty pythons the meaning of life SE for only 20 euros(pretty much the same in dollars)

DarknessBDJM
09-06-2005, 04:50 PM
I loved the movie, I liked it that they were actually being smart, and the infighting was FAR from as bad as most zombie movies. It was more 'real'.

King-Havers
10-16-2005, 05:06 PM
I love this movie....

PhantomPhart
12-15-2005, 03:25 AM
My favorite part is in the pub when "Dont Stop Me Now" is playing and they're hitting the Pub Owner, to me its hilarious. Yea and when he says kill the Queen. That was so funny.

I like this film more every time i see it.

complete
12-19-2005, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by boogeygirl

To each their own.

I loved some of the pub bits. Like when they're all holding bottles to each other, lol. And the dart throwing, Ed Vs. Pete and the Queen's song as they beat the landlord.

'He's a twat!'
'YEAH!!!!'

Slapshot
12-24-2005, 07:55 AM
the Queen's song as they beat the landlord.

That's my Favorite part of the movie! "Don't Stop Me Now..."
"We have a situation!"
"I KNOW!"

Ravenheart
12-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by King-Havers
I love this movie....

Ditto.May have to have a holiday viewing this weekend :D

michaelmyersh20
01-12-2006, 01:13 AM
this movie rocks its soooooo funny!

freethy
01-12-2006, 02:19 AM
I watched this again last week. Not as funny as the first time I watched it, but still quite entertaining.

The part when they leave the pub drunk and are singing "White Lines" cracks me up.

And "It's not hip-hop. It's electro you prick"

Slapshot
01-12-2006, 04:29 AM
I watched this again last week. Not as funny as the first time I watched it, but still quite entertaining.

The part when they leave the pub drunk and are singing "White Lines" cracks me up.

And "It's not hip-hop. It's electro you prick"

"Pete? Pete? PETE?"
"Oy Prick!"
"He's not here"
:D

michael =TERROR
03-26-2006, 01:55 PM
It was pretty funny

Muse
10-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh my god.. i was getting worried.. i thought this movie didn't have a thread, but i searched and found it :D:D

Ok, so, not been posted in for 7 months now, but oh well!

Yeah, i love this film and laugh so hard it hurts everytime i watch it! I did a piece of school work comparing this parody to Romero's dead films and it was really interesting to do as i pointed out all the similaritys and there are a hell of a lot to say its a spoof!

Anyway, great movie. Has anyone watched the DVD extra's and the 'Funky Pete' clip? "Edited for public viewing" haha, classic.

I also loved 'The Man Who Would Be Shaun' clip. Classic comedy! Can't wait to see Simon Pegg and Nick Frost star in their next movie together!!!

mr32
12-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah it was a good film, my girlfriend didnt like it. I told her shit its a comdey.

Kubrickbuff
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Ah man! That movie was spectacular. Well directed and a movie that stands on its own, it's not just a zombie spoff.

mr32
12-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Ah man! That movie was spectacular. Well directed and a movie that stands on its own, it's not just a zombie spoff.

exactly

Freddy_666
12-24-2006, 11:36 PM

You has well reason you know, this film is a comedy but that for me enters the section of my favorit because a its film how to sayÖ Really out of the commun run!

myersfan1348
01-17-2007, 07:24 AM
It was pretty funny, made me crack up a few times. I need to watch it again soon.

Pug-a-Licious
01-17-2007, 07:31 AM
After repeat viewings..I STILL love this movie!

freethy
01-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Anyone seen Spaced????

Muse
01-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Anyone seen Spaced????

Damn, no, I wish I had though, i've heard great things about it.

I'm sure that's where the 'dog's can't look up' line came from isn't it? Or was it on the commentary for the series?

Anyway, is it any good? If it is, I might get it on dvd sometime.

freethy
01-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Damn, no, I wish I had though, i've heard great things about it.

I'm sure that's where the 'dog's can't look up' line came from isn't it? Or was it on the commentary for the series?

Anyway, is it any good? If it is, I might get it on dvd sometime.
It sure is damn good. One of my favourite shows. I dunno about the dog thing though...lol

Muse
01-19-2007, 12:05 PM
It sure is damn good. One of my favourite shows. I dunno about the dog thing though...lol

I think it's on a trivia thing somewhere on the SOTD dvd about the dog thing, or maybe even commentary.

Ok, so i need to watch it sometime then. Maybe it'llbe shown on paramount agin sometime soon, it was last year.

Inhumane
01-29-2007, 06:00 PM
"Shaun of the Dead" is one of the best zombie films ever made. Funny, offbeat, endearing, gory; it really has it all.

Khan
03-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I really like the movie.

It is a lot of fun, and has a well developed story and endearing characters.

zombie commando
04-20-2007, 07:00 AM
I really want to bury a hatchet into the thorax of the ass that stole this flick from me. GAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!:han:

mr32
05-09-2007, 08:19 AM
This was a cool ass movie.

Kara Strode
06-30-2007, 08:43 PM
As I was searching for Stroke 9 videos on facebook, I came across this and had to share it...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T0Akrr-A7g

Shamrock-Robot
07-23-2007, 03:20 AM
This is good for a laugh but thats all.

Khan
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
I just wish the DVD relase didn't have such horrible menus.

Shamrock-Robot
07-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I havent had a chance to check out the DVD yet, Ive just seen it on Comedy Central.

Khan
07-25-2007, 05:10 AM
The menus are blurry and hard to navigate.

Plus, you have to watch 10 minutes of previews to get to the main screen.

Shamrock-Robot
07-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I hate DVD's that show lots of previews before the menu pops up.

Khan
07-26-2007, 05:54 AM
In most cases, you can skip them, but not with this DVD.

Shamrock-Robot
07-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah I hate those kinda DVD's.

cinezombi
07-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I think Shaun Of The Dead is a great homage to GAR Films. It fits hand in Hand with the classics

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 02:59 AM
I think Shaun Of The Dead is a great homage to GAR Films. It fits hand in Hand with the classics

I dont really think it fits with Romero's films, But it is a good film.

Muse
07-29-2007, 05:34 AM
The menus are blurry and hard to navigate.

Plus, you have to watch 10 minutes of previews to get to the main screen.

Ah, good ol' R2 release. No previews before, and although the menus aren't perfect, they do sound better than what you've got.

Extras on the dvd are fantastic though. Funky Pete, for one, is classic. And some of the deleted scenes are great too.

I dont really think it fits with Romero's films, But it is a good film.

What do you mean by you 'dont think it fits with Romeros films'? Because it is an homage. Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright have stated that they love Romeros films, and Dawn of the Dead is one of their favourite films.

Even some of their jokes come from those films. Such as them not using the word 'zombie'. That came from them hardly using the word at all in Romero's movies. :nodsmile:

Khan
07-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Ah, good ol' R2 release. No previews before, and although the menus aren't perfect, they do sound better than what you've got.

Extras on the dvd are fantastic though. Funky Pete, for one, is classic. And some of the deleted scenes are great too.

Funky Pete is hilarious!

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 07:18 AM

What do you mean by you 'dont think it fits with Romeros films'? Because it is an homage. Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright have stated that they love Romeros films, and Dawn of the Dead is one of their favourite films.

Even some of their jokes come from those films. Such as them not using the word 'zombie'. That came from them hardly using the word at all in Romero's movies. :nodsmile:

Someone stated above that it fits with Romero's films and in my post I disagreed, Just because someone makes homages in a film to other films doesnt mean their film will fit in the timelines or continuity of the other persons films that they are homaging, Shaun is good for what it is, But it doesnt fit or belong with Romero's films, Only films that Romero makes himself fit with his Zombie Series, Any zombie movie outside of that is in its own timeline.

Muse
07-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Someone stated above that it fits with Romero's films and in my post I disagreed, Just because someone makes homages in a film to other films doesnt mean their film will fit in the timelines or continuity of the other persons films that they are homaging, Shaun is good for what it is, But it doesnt fit or belong with Romero's films, Only films that Romero makes himself fit with his Zombie Series, Any zombie movie outside of that is in its own timeline.

Oh, ok. Sorry, I just didn't quite get what you meant by it didn't fit. And yeah, it's not supposed to though. It is it's own parody of Romero's movies, and was never intended to fit with them. It's just their own comic take on the genre, and nothing to do with any other series.

Funky Pete is hilarious!

It sure is :nodsmile:

Shamrock-Robot
07-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Oh, ok. Sorry, I just didn't quite get what you meant by it didn't fit. And yeah, it's not supposed to though. It is it's own parody of Romero's movies, and was never intended to fit with them. It's just their own comic take on the genre, and nothing to do with any other series.

It sure is :nodsmile:

Oh I see, We just had a misunderstanding.

Muse
07-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Haha, yes, I believe we did. Oh well.

Khan
07-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Can I get...any of you c**ts...a drink?

Muse
07-29-2007, 09:08 AM
You cannot beat this :D:

Shaun: [Pete throws the record out the window] That was the second album I ever bought!
Pete: It's four in the funking morning!
Shaun: It's Saturday!
Pete: No, it's not. It's funking Sunday and I've got to go to funking work in four funking hours because every other funker in my funking department is funking ill! Now can you see why I'm so funking angry?
Ed: Funk yeah!
Shaun: Hey! Pete, look, I'm sorry, we had a couple of drinks, we split up with Liz tonight.
Pete: Just keep it down, yeah?
Ed: Prink.

OR

Shaun: Want anything from the shop?
Ed: Cornetto..

Roswell1969
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
shaun of the dead is a great movie! i swear half way through it i forgot it was a spoof/comedy i was so into it! thats a movie i can watch 100 times and never get sick of it lol!

Pete: And the front door is open....AGAIN!

Vic
09-13-2007, 07:56 PM
i really like it, as well as Hot Fuzz, sure hope they make more great comedies.

the 'M' clam
08-16-2011, 03:48 AM
This is one of the best cool british horror comedy film since Carry on Screaming in my view.

blacksymbiote
09-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I loved this movie. It was Miles ahead of Scary Movie.