PDA

View Full Version : What is the best place to buy movie posters?



Extraordinary
02-01-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm looking for movie posters and I want them to arrive in good condition, but I don't want to pay too much. Any comments?

boogeyman87
02-01-2005, 05:37 PM
http://moviegoods.com/ This is a pretty good site. Seems like a good deal as well and is a very well known and reliable site. :)

Extraordinary
02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
That site looks good. It has most of what I'm looking for. :)

jmb_052
02-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Sometimes you can score great posters at pretty go prices on Ebay, if you arent too particular. Also, i would recomend www.allposters.com .

MyersFan927
02-01-2005, 06:52 PM
That first website seems to be particularly helpful if you're interested in newer posters. They want to charge an arm and a leg, though, for original Halloween one-sheets. Take a look. Same thing goes for www.allposters.com. Who would want an 11x17 reprint? Not to put these places down, but Ebay is the way to go.

jmb_052
02-01-2005, 06:57 PM
allposters has some decent posters. Sure, it has gone down hill since they have mostly 11 x 17 'ers. Like i said, if you arent too picky about having reprints, ebay would be your best bet.

H-Field Hero
02-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Moviegoods.com can be expensive as hell. I accidently found this cool movie poster site by accident. They were auctioning off a rolled Halloween 6 U.S. one sheet on ebay (which hangs nicely on my wall in a frame). I won the auction and discovered their website that way. There were two links that would take you to the site. The one was www.xenosales.com, but that I just tried it and doesn't seem to work anymore. If I can think of the other link i'll post it.

boogeyman87
02-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I wouldnt recamend eBay. I mean if your looking for just certain posters and their not hard to find then go with the other sites or a store that sells posters. Ebay seems good for memorabilia but for everyday shoping? I dont get it. :)

MyersFan927
02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
I wouldnt recamend eBay. I mean if your looking for just certain posters and their not hard to find then go with the other sites or a store that sells posters. Ebay seems good for memorabilia but for everyday shoping? I dont get it. :)

Most people prefer the actual original posters, for instance Halloween fans, and the ones at MovieGoods are wayyyy to high. Even the cheapie reprints are expensive on that website, where you can get them for about half price on Ebay. In fact, Ebay is the only place where you can get original one-sheets for a decent or even excellent price, because "stores" will just jack up the cost. Only on Ebay could I have gotten the H3 poster for less than $20 ;)

boogeyman87
02-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Most people prefer the actual original posters, for instance Halloween fans, and the ones at MovieGoods are wayyyy to high. Even the cheapie reprints are expensive on that website, where you can get them for about half price on Ebay. In fact, Ebay is the only place where you can get original one-sheets for a decent or even excellent price, because "stores" will just jack up the cost. Only on Ebay could I have gotten the H3 poster for less than $20 ;)

Yeah, but who needs the H3 poster??:p cheap shot, just kidding. But seriously , How would someone know if its a reprint or not?

halo thirty one
02-01-2005, 07:32 PM
try this link (http://www.ricksmovie.com/)
rick's movie posters has been around for a while now, they are pretty good. i have never used their website, but i have used their catalogue before and was happy with what i got.

MrTaft
02-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
Yeah, but who needs the H3 poster??:p cheap shot, just kidding. But seriously , How would someone know if its a reprint or not?

Because reprints are all small, not the size of original posters (except for the first H1 reprint), and cheap and junk. And it should say in the item description.

H-Field Hero
02-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
Because reprints are all small, not the size of original posters (except for the first H1 reprint), and cheap and junk. And it should say in the item description. I second that. Originals look awesome, plus they're also collectors items. Reprints aren't worth crap.

Extraordinary
02-01-2005, 08:24 PM
OK, what is the size of an original poster? I have a TCM remake poster, and I tihkn it's an original, but I'm not sure. It's too big to fit in the frame I bought for it, and I forgot what size that was. It was the biggest frame I could find. :(

boogeyman87
02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
Because reprints are all small, not the size of original posters (except for the first H1 reprint), and cheap and junk. And it should say in the item description.

Well if this is a reprint then I dont mind much. Its still a nice looking poster.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/boogeyman87/2005_0201Image0010.jpg

jmb_052
02-02-2005, 02:13 PM
if you didnt pay more than 15-20 bucks for it, its most likely a reprint 87.

Cruel Intentions
02-02-2005, 02:20 PM
I got my Halloween poster at Suncoast Video, they have an okay selection of posters.

wildhorses1975
02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
I usually get my from ebay. I buy from Bruce Hershenson, very reputable dealer, the bids start at .99, and can sometimes get pricey but the items that he puts up for auction are interesting.

Rabbit in Red
02-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I forget the name of it but there is this little indie store just off of Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. Damn, I wish I could remember the name.

JasonVoorhees13
02-21-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't mind reprints if I can get them cheap. I'm not trying to impress anyone and say "I got the original so mine is better!!"

I hate those 11 x 17 posters though.

myers2004
02-23-2005, 10:11 AM
try your local sam goody or even video stores alot of them sell or in the case of sam goody the give them away and the ones i have gotten there are made out of more of a card board or thick industrial style paper. maybe something your looking for and maybe not but i have gotten tons of these from there and love em. especially for free :D

Myers63
02-23-2005, 06:47 PM
In the past, I've bought quite a few HalloweeN posters from

www.pixposters.com

SickNick
03-09-2005, 07:33 PM
i'm looking to get a HALLOWEEN 5 theactrical poster, not video store. i had one i got from my local theater back in 89 but it's shot. any help?

boogeyman87
03-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by SickNick
i'm looking to get a HALLOWEEN 5 theactrical poster, not video store. i had one i got from my local theater back in 89 but it's shot. any help?

As simple as this Halloween 5 poster (http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_product.asp?master%5Fmovie%5Fid=11065&movie%5Fnss=4) or something more antique and expensive?

SickNick
03-09-2005, 07:41 PM
i'm looking for an original 27x41 poster. thanks for the help though.