PDA

View Full Version : Name you favorite collectible..only one!



larry-new
01-26-2005, 09:37 AM
What do you guys consider your one single favorite piece? You have to narrow it to only one . What one thing would you grab if your house was on fire and you had one arm in a cast? (obviously other than pets, loved ones, etc....)
I'd have to say my one favorite would be my Texas Chainsaw original '74 presskit with pressbook and set of b&w stills. I searched for years and years before finally scoring that set of stills. The lobbies aren't too hard too find but those stills are elusive.................................Larry

Evil Never Dies
01-26-2005, 09:45 AM
If I had to pick one thing.............it would be the Halloween H20 French poster. LOVE THAT POSTER! :D

LoomisFan4Life
01-26-2005, 10:39 AM
I would choose my Michael Myers doll that plays the music when you push his stomach. It's not rare or expensive or anything, but I love it.

Pugsly
01-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Id say my fav is my H2 aussie 1 sht poster.

Jeanette
01-26-2005, 10:50 AM
My Halloween 20th anniversary vhs snow globe set. I love it :D

MyersFan927
01-26-2005, 10:59 AM
My accidentally released television version of H1. Great picture quality and rare as hell :D

Laow-Z
01-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Damn this is tough cause i really don't have 1 peice that i love...my CD's and DVD's are a collection does that count as 1???;) I guess if i had to pick one thing it would probably be my framed print of Jackie Gleason from the movie The Hustler. It is very hard to find since it's not a poster but a print and my girlfriend got it matted and framed for me which wasn't cheap. It's really cool and i love Jackie Gleason.

Cruel Intentions
01-26-2005, 04:34 PM
H1 theatrical poster.

Superman
01-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Probally my Jog Sacul Star Wars figures from C2.

ShadowX81
01-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Well if my house was on fire, id doubt the first thing id go for is my horror colletion. Id prolly first go fro my grandpa's war jacket or my 200 year old army gun. The only thing i think id do is stuff my myers coveralls and mask, set it upon the floor to look like a dummy, and watch it burn like in h2.
But if i had to save something from my horror collection, id prolly save my myers mask. The molding of the mask fits my face perfectly. Its like im wearing a custom fit mask.

theoutfieldguy
01-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Moustaphababish.:D

Silverpsycho
01-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Definitely my Walt Disney autograph is the first thing I would save but in terms of collectibles (concerning HalloweeN), then that Spencer's statue of Michael Myers with the really clean white mask and the clown mask and pumpkin on the base. I don't think it's rare at all but it is one of my most favorite HalloweeN collectibles for some reason. Now if I owned a really cool drawstring/talking Dr. Loomis doll...that would be the # 1 HalloweeN collectible I would save. If only they were made :D

NightMareMan
01-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Myers mask

MrTaft
01-27-2005, 03:13 PM
My prop photo from H20, I guess. I could be wearing my H2 crew jacket at the time, so that's killing two birds with one stone. :p

MyersFan927
01-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by MrTaft
My prop photo from H20, I guess. I could be wearing my H2 crew jacket at the time, so that's killing two birds with one stone. :p

All of that stuff, and you chose some prop photo from H20? That was unexpected :p

MrTaft
01-27-2005, 04:09 PM
But it's an original prop. Worth viele $$$ :p

Although a lot of my posters are in a box, so I could just grab the box. ;)

King Sly Joker
01-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by theoutfieldguy
Moustaphababish.:D

Sweet Jesus,that is a rare piece.One of a kind ,it cant be copied..

theoutfieldguy
01-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by King Sly Joker
Sweet Jesus,that is a rare piece.One of a kind ,it cant be copied..

Alas,it can be.For $50,000 I can get a clone.But I dont wanna take the risks.:D

Kara Strode
01-27-2005, 09:32 PM
nice German there, MrTaft ;)

Mike! No pets! That's your cat, right?

Me? Honestly, probably my teddy bear, Preston.

MischievousSpirit
01-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by King Sly Joker
Sweet Jesus,that is a rare piece.One of a kind ,it cant be copied..

It figures he'd choose pussy, doesn't it? ;)

I would take my USB flash drive with all my original MIDI songs on it. I couldn't bare to lose all those years of hard work!

theoutfieldguy
01-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Kara Strode
Mike! No pets! That's your cat, right?

It is,but I would leave everything else,including my 6' Myers and grab her first.:D


Originally posted by MischievousSpirit
It figures he'd choose pussy, doesn't it? ;)

You know me too well,Joe.:D

halo thirty one
01-27-2005, 10:02 PM
well, this might sound dorky, but some people here know what a big syracuse basketball fan i am. well, i have a stuffed otto the orange mascot thing that is probably over 20 years old. it even survived a house fire. so that's my favorite.

diablosrising
01-27-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
My accidentally released television version of H1. Great picture quality and rare as hell :D Is it rare? That's the copy my old video store had forever! They sold off all of their movies when they closed. I should have bought it.

MrTaft
01-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Kara Strode
nice German there, MrTaft

Danke schön, Frau Strode. ;)

MyersFan927
01-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by diablosrising
Is it rare? That's the copy my old video store had forever! They sold off all of their movies when they closed. I should have bought it.

Yep...I said it's rare as hell. Only about 1,000 copies were made, and the 1990 accidental TV release is even rarer. How do you know your old video store had them?

diablosrising
01-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Yep...I said it's rare as hell. Only about 1,000 copies were made, and the 1990 accidental TV release is even rarer. How do you know your old video store had them?
Because I rented it from there for years. The cover looked different. I don't remember what was on it, but it didn't look like the regular cover. I think the art was smaller and it had some orange border I think. But the point is, I know it was the TV version, because "get your ass away from there" was "get yourself away from there," the scene in the beginning with loomis talking to the other doctors was in there, the "sister" carving was in there, and the post-shower scene was in there. Oh, and the marijuana scene was gone, and the boobies were gone. It def. wasn't from 1990 though. It was there forever.

MyersFan927
01-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by diablosrising
Because I rented it from there for years. The cover looked different. I don't remember what was on it, but it didn't look like the regular cover. I think the art was smaller and it had some orange border I think. But the point is, I know it was the TV version, because "get your ass away from there" was "get yourself away from there," the scene in the beginning with loomis talking to the other doctors was in there, the "sister" carving was in there, and the post-shower scene was in there. Oh, and the marijuana scene was gone, and the boobies were gone. It def. wasn't from 1990 though. It was there forever.

Oh cool :) I asked because I didn't know whether or not you actually rented it - I thought maybe you just saw the cover or something. Never mind. lol

Here is a scan:

diablosrising
01-28-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Oh cool :) I asked because I didn't know whether or not you actually rented it - I thought maybe you just saw the cover or something. Never mind. lol

Here is a scan:
Dude, that's the exact freakin one. You win! And now I have a halloween-based regret! Thanks MyersFan, ya jerk! =)

diablosrising
01-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
[B
Here is a scan: [/B]
man, did i describe that really well from memory!! not that i'm bragging or anythying :D

MyersFan927
01-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by diablosrising
man, did i describe that really well from memory!! not that i'm bragging or anythying :D

LOL :D Great memory after all these years too. If you look closely at the tape, you'll realize that Moustapha's last name is spelled incorrectly...making the release of the TV cut not the only mistake MEDIA made lol

Let's see...they once spelled their own name wrong on the first edition, the 1982 edition has "1981" written on the box, they released at least two editions of TV cuts, and mispelled Akkad's name. Idiots! haha

wildhorses1975
01-29-2005, 04:01 PM
My H1 theatrical poster with the blue ratings box, that I paid good money to have it restored.

smokey
02-01-2005, 11:49 AM
I'd save my Glen doll haha. I love it. I'd also grab my Michael Myers/Dr. Loomis figure set :)

King Sly Joker
02-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I know its meant for Halloween Items.But im rare,so it would be my three Joker snowglobes.They rock and are so detailed..

diablosrising
02-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
LOL :D Great memory after all these years too. If you look closely at the tape, you'll realize that Moustapha's last name is spelled incorrectly...making the release of the TV cut not the only mistake MEDIA made lol

Let's see...they once spelled their own name wrong on the first edition, the 1982 edition has "1981" written on the box, they released at least two editions of TV cuts, and mispelled Akkad's name. Idiots! haha
lol

Blake
02-02-2005, 02:28 PM
I would have to say my favorite collectible is my Evil Dead: Book of the Dead DVD signed by Bruce Campbell and the entire cast, with an illustration by Tom Sullivan.

Silverpsycho
02-02-2005, 05:15 PM
I have just added something I would save...or it would come first out of my horror collectibles now. It would be my Japanese Cult Cinema Dawn of the Dead Stephen figure! When I finally won one of these off Ebay, it instantly became one of my fave toys out of my whole horror collection. Anyone else out there have any others from this set of 4 Dawn figures? I would love to find Blades/Savini referred to as "Motorcycle Rider" in the figure line.

It's Neal
02-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Hmm, dont have too many interesting collectibles. Halloween themed: H6 P-Cut. Non Halloween: Tom Brady rookie card. Itll be worth big bucks someday!

Myers63
02-04-2005, 07:15 PM
This is a tough question as I have many favorites...

Since I can only choose one, I'll have to go with my H4 35mm theatrical print. I've placed it higher than my H1 print because of the sentimental nature of having had it projected at the Pasadena Rialto as a part of the H25 festivities. Good times...the fondest of my Halloween memories :)

Dead Alive
02-09-2005, 09:47 AM
HAS to be my freddy replica glove....looks exactly the same....just as dangerous and heavy too....i cant bring it out tho...im not trusted

Buffy
02-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I would save my autographed pic of Keanu in Speed. But horror stuff wise, it would be my Evil Ash doll. Don't have to many keep sakes yet.

Dead Alive
02-09-2005, 10:32 AM
i ind of like my 18" myers and jason collectibles but the freddy glove tops them all

Jenn
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Personal item: Box of photos/scrapbooks. I'm a sentimental fool!

Halloween item: H2 "Sanguinario" Spanish poster

fright-rags
02-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Damn, tough question... I might have to go with my most expensive Halloween collectible, though, as it really cannot be replaced. It's my Nemesis prototype...if anyone wants to see a pic, go here: http://www.cemeterygateproductions.com/nemesis.htm The one in those pics is the exact same one I have. It's one of the first pulls and was weathered extensively, with great deatail to look like part 2. DVDs and all that can be bought again, but this cannot...

Then again, in a few weeks I'm sure my answer will switch to the Psycho mask I'll be getting from Nightowl Productions (www.nightowlpro.com). That is so dead on to the original, it's not funny!

myers2004
02-19-2005, 08:38 AM
but if i really had to just take one thing it would be the case i have my movies in cause in it hold my meyers masks and all my other halloween stuff except some posters. :p but if just one thing id almost have to decide between my masks or my loomis michael figure set from spencers.

Drielmans
02-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Halloween 5 US poster. Signed by Donald Shanks. Rolled and mint!

Homer
03-07-2005, 09:03 AM
-Vincent

Here's the front of the video.

Homer
03-07-2005, 09:07 AM
-Vincent

Here is the back cover, covering the information on the film.

Notice how it says 1981 at the bottom.

Homer
03-07-2005, 09:08 AM
The back, covering the film's pics.

Homer
03-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Sorry, here's the previous post pic.

Homer
03-07-2005, 09:14 AM
And finally the tape...

Homer
03-07-2005, 09:18 AM
And the last pic...

I circled the 1985, but you may not be able to read it since I enlarged the picture.

MyersFan927
03-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the pictures, Homer. What you have here is an unusual tape. The box, however, does not belong to the tape itself - I'd be shocked if it was. The box is for a 1981 printed tape, which is misprinted, since the tape was actually released in 1982. Needless to say, the tape that actually belongs to that box is indeed for the theatrical version.

I've never known of such a tape (the one you have) and think you may have quite a rare item. Like I told you in the PM, there is a 1985 printed version, but it's also for the theatrical version. Other members can verify that. But yours, however, surprisingly has the television one. To the best of my knowledge, a television edition was not accidentally released until 1989. Either you have an extraordinary misprint, or someone placed a 1985 sticker on a 1989 or 1990 accidental TV release.

What I can do for you is compare your sticker to the 1985 theatrical sticker. If they're completely identical, then it could be that not only the box you have doesn't belong to the tape, but the sticker on the tape doesn't either. Do you know what I mean? So I'll look into this and do the best I can for you, and we'll try to figure out if this is a rarity or just a fluke.

Homer
03-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
Thanks for the pictures, Homer. What you have here is an unusual tape. The box, however, does not belong to the tape itself - I'd be shocked if it was. The box is for a 1981 printed tape, which is misprinted, since the tape was actually released in 1982. Needless to say, the tape that actually belongs to that box is indeed for the theatrical version.

I've never known of such a tape (the one you have) and think you may have quite a rare item. Like I told you in the PM, there is a 1985 printed version, but it's also for the theatrical version. Other members can verify that. But yours, however, surprisingly has the television one. To the best of my knowledge, a television edition was not accidentally released until 1989. Either you have an extraordinary misprint, or someone placed a 1985 sticker on a 1989 or 1990 accidental TV release.

What I can do for you is compare your sticker to the 1985 theatrical sticker. If they're completely identical, then it could be that not only the box you have doesn't belong to the tape, but the sticker on the tape doesn't either. Do you know what I mean? So I'll look into this and do the best I can for you, and we'll try to figure out if this is a rarity or just a fluke.


Well thank you. I wondered if the previous owner had just switched the tapes with another video box, but you never know! Thanks for replying...no one ever replies.

NightmareMaster
03-13-2005, 02:27 PM
This is a tough one, ah what to chose what to chose, on the one hand I have my baseball autographed by almost all the Toronto Blue Jays, not in one day mind you, it took quite along time to get everyone to sign it, and on the other hand I have my Dark Sunglasses which are my trade mark they are what I am best known for.

Heck I say the smart thing, The Baseball, what kind of idiot would I be if I took a Dark Sunglasses over A Baseball which I am sure will have alot of value one day, I got it quite awhile back I dont exactly remember when but it was probably when I was in Middle school, how worth it do you think a baseball like that will be in say oh Ten, Twenty years?

if I had any infamous sex tapes they would escape unharmed too
LoL.

kerrsth
03-19-2005, 11:24 PM
i would have to say my halloween tv cut dvd...not rare...but i couldnt live without it...i love it...it doesnt have any speacial features or anything...but i grew to love the tv cut edition! If not that it would be my 1999 movie maniacs michael myers figure...i love it!

MyersFan75
03-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ShadowX81
Well if my house was on fire, id doubt the first thing id go for is my horror colletion. Id prolly first go fro my grandpa's war jacket or my 200 year old army gun. The only thing i think id do is stuff my myers coveralls and mask, set it upon the floor to look like a dummy, and watch it burn like in h2.
But if i had to save something from my horror collection, id prolly save my myers mask. The molding of the mask fits my face perfectly. Its like im wearing a custom fit mask.

What mask is it?
Don Post?
They are pretty small - I was just wondering if that was the mask you owned.

Roswell
03-27-2005, 01:39 PM
My Blair Witch Project roughcut. I love it!

Myers63
03-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Homer
And finally the tape...

Homer...

In the best case scenario, you have a 1989 TV Version cassette shell with a 1985 sticker--a unique variation in of itself. Whether this sticker placement was factory or done so by a knowledgable fan is anyones guess. One thing to keep in mind is that the 1985 Media wasn't copy protected..thus, the 1989 Media TV version could've been over dubbed onto the existing '85 tape. While watching the tape, does it have the metallic Media logo spot just before the film?(if not..this would certainly point towards a non-factory dubbing).

Now, back to the cassette shell itself. All 1989 cassette shells contained a time and dated machine stamp on the front label space. In addition, Media used Scotch professional grade blanks with their 1985 versions back to 1981...and I noticed that the tape you've pictured does not.
Lastly, Media used their 1981 box design(and date) through 1985. It wasn't until 1987 that they reflected the new re-issue year to coincide with the printed date on the cassette labels themselves.

TheShape2005
04-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I have totaled over thousands & thousands of dollars in just HalloweeN movies and all kinds of other stuff with Michael Myers alone. and it took a while to get all the stuff I got. I have plastic bags in my room and I would grab most of my Halloween stuff and get it out or burn up trying to get it all!

Creepingmouth
05-10-2005, 04:28 PM
My Darth Vader mask

slasherfan
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
If anything I'd have to save my comic book collection. There's valuable stuff in there! If it's gotta be something Halloween related, then it would be my Myers doll that plays the music. Not rare oe worth much, but very cool. And it scares the crap outta some people when they hear the music. LOL

ironman7845
05-11-2005, 11:30 AM
My 20th anniversary collage poster. Everyone knows what that is. Right?

By the way----If my house was on fire, I would take ALL of my Halloween items. I don't care if I would get hurt trying!

myers2004
05-14-2005, 06:17 PM
changed my mind. id just say to hell with it and go up with it if i cant get it all out cause they put me in a nut house for it if i didnt make it out with it all. even as small as my collection is id hate to ever have to start over. i also have the same type of tape as mentioned before and will try and post pics to see if any of you can tell me if it is the same one or different

KruegerLives
06-03-2005, 02:39 PM
My favourite item is:
The Doctor Loomis and Michael Myers action figure set by NECA.
It's not rare or expensive but I love it!

MyersFan75
06-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ironman7845
By the way----If my house was on fire, I would take ALL of my Halloween items. I don't care if I would get hurt trying!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you a true Halloween fan...

;)

ironman7845
06-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan75
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you a true Halloween fan...

;)

That's for sure!

MyersFan75
06-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by ironman7845
That's for sure!

;)

DarknessBDJM
06-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Horror memorabilia?
Probably my Shawn Clark 1975 Michael Myers mask. It really started the whole online MM mask phenomina. That or my custom made Jason Voorhees mask.

yensed
06-03-2005, 11:53 PM
hmm... Halloween related i would have to say my John Carpenter autograph... Non halloween would have to be a trunk of old baseball cards that have been past down to me. They are probably worth alot of money. But i will wait a fiew more years to look into there value...

Sunday Girl
06-11-2005, 07:13 PM
My pre-Mattel American Girl doll Josefina. I know none of you have any idea what im talking about.

Superman
06-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Sunday Girl
My pre-Mattel American Girl doll Josefina. I know none of you have any idea what im talking about. You mean something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=95235&item=5588695654&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

shrike
06-12-2005, 01:06 AM
If I had to pick one thing, it would be the pictures that I took with Aaliyah in early 2001, then went back and had autographed exactly one week before her death.

Yeah, Im sentimental that way.

joviaaldreetje
09-05-2005, 01:11 AM
I'd save my H8 mask signed by Brad Loree just a few days ago....
Met the man at NewStarCon.......wonderful experience...he even thought me the Myers Walk ...lol

TommyDoyle
09-12-2005, 09:27 AM
I would grab my Halloween 4 poster. I love the art work for that poster. Plus it is in mint condition and framed. Can't let that go to waste.

Evil on 2 legs
09-22-2005, 05:37 PM
edited

MinioN
09-22-2005, 06:27 PM
hmmm...toughie...as far as my HalloweeN collection goes, it would prol'ly be a tie between my converted 98 Shatner mask and my H4 and H5 autographed tins...tho these will pro'lly both change once I get my Second Stab mask...

Non-Halloween would be either my autograph book (ive had alot of celebs autograph it including Robert Englund who drew me a picture of Freddy) or my stage used towel that Jerry from the Misfits gave me after wiping his black eyepaint on.

BTW, someone above mentioned the Spencer's Myers doll that plays the them when u squeeze it and it reminded me of a question I had regarding that---my doll is # 2773 of 30,000, Ive noticed alot of the boxes have blood along the top of the box...mine doesn't--whats up with that???

Myers63
09-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by MinioN
BTW, someone above mentioned the Spencer's Myers doll that plays the them when u squeeze it and it reminded me of a question I had regarding that---my doll is # 2773 of 30,000, Ive noticed alot of the boxes have blood along the top of the box...mine doesn't--whats up with that???

Hey MinioN, the lack of "blood" on the top of your box indicates that you have the 1st edition of the Myers R.I.P. series :) The first editions were limited to 30,000 units Worldwide, where as the 2nd Editions were expanded to 100,000 units. The dolls themselves are different as well....the 2nd editions have bloody bullet "wounds" while the 1st editions have clean coveralls.

MinioN
09-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Oh cool, thanx Myers63--thats a question I had been meaning to ask for awhile

EvilChild
10-01-2005, 08:30 PM
I WOULD GRAB MY CD'S AND MY DVD'S AND MY FIGURINES.

FROM EVILCHILD

mmyers78
10-02-2005, 07:43 AM
my favorite would have to be the tv version of h1 i got off amazon

Laow-Z
10-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Would my shotglass collection count as one? If i ever lost that I would never be able to replace at least half of what i got. My framed print of Jackie Gleason from the movie The Hustler is another one of my favorites if i had to choose one single item.

halloweennut82
10-06-2005, 10:46 AM
i have a ton of collectibles but out of all the things i've collected over the years, my favorite would be my framed original halloween 2 one sheet poster from 1981.. it's also autographed by Dick Warlock.