PDA

View Full Version : Got them all

alex lemasters
01-15-2005, 05:46 AM
I know some of you don't care but after years of look and search i have finally got all the halloween movies on dvd. I am so proud of my self and hope you are to.

Roswell
01-15-2005, 07:51 AM
That's nice you have them all, but honestly why make a thread about it?

larry-new
01-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Why not? Isn't this the place to talk about these sort of things....:)

Roswell
01-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by larry-new
Why not? Isn't this the place to talk about these sort of things....:)

No. It's where you talk about movie related stuff your selling or talk about rare items. Stuff like that. It's nice that he got all the movies, but it didn't need it's own thread on the board. It's taking up space on the board.

Laow-Z
01-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Really just could have put this in the "what's your Halloween collection" thread;)

theoutfieldguy
01-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Noice.

:rolleyes:

Cruel Intentions
01-15-2005, 06:39 PM
lol

Donnie Darko
01-15-2005, 07:10 PM
it took me quite a while to get all those damn dvds...

MyersFan927
01-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Do you have all the different versions or just one of each movie? If it's one of each movie, it shouldn't have taken you years to get them all.

Franchise
01-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Just remember that it took me a while to get all the DVD's myself. Believe it or not, the last one I bought that I did need was H2. Strange but true. And yes, this is where this topic belongs. Don't berate the poor kid for having good tastes in movies and being proud of it. I'd gladly trade 10 Thorn clones for 1 of this kind. At least he's not peppering the board with nonsense. Take that and....well, you know. You just know.

H-Field Hero
01-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Franchise
At least he's not peppering the board with nonsense. Coulda fooled me, heir Michael :).

It took me a little while to find the H2o dvd. It was the last one I bought (not counting H3, because at the time I wasn't interested in it). I purchased it at circuit city on christmas eve 2002. I "officially" completed my halloween dvd collection after deciding to purchase the universal H3 dvd sometime in 2004. I can't even remember when it was anymore.

Just a side note... I remember seeing the H5 dvd (not the tin) selling for $30 at this store which was a branch of FYE. I believe that was the retail price in 2000 when the film first came out. I simply couldn't imagine paying that much for any dvd, much less Halloween 5, despite it's exceptional anamorphic video and 5.1 audio track.

Franchise
01-15-2005, 07:28 PM
As I'm sure you've all noticed from me, I've went on to get a few more DVD's and am still getting a few others. I'm still looking for the Extended DVD sealed with the cel attached, but those are expensive. I guess the one I have without it may have to do.

MyersFan927
01-15-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure the first DVD I bought was Resurrection, and then H3 in October of 2003. Finding H2 and H5 was such a hassle, being that they're the hardest to buy around here for an average price. H6 is probably the most scarce of all, in either good price or bad. H1 THX and H20 copies are in abundance; there must be at least a dozen to twenty copies of each all the time at Best Buy.

Franchise
01-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by MyersFan927
I'm pretty sure the first DVD I bought was Resurrection, and then H3 in October of 2003. Finding H2 and H5 was such a hassle, being that they're the hardest to buy around here for an average price. H6 is probably the most scarce of all, in either good price or bad. H1 THX and H20 copies are in abundance; there must be at least a dozen to twenty copies of each all the time at Best Buy.

Don't you mean the 2 disc 25th of H1?

Dr. Wynn
01-15-2005, 07:41 PM
the last one I got was H3
The rest I thought were easy to find
except the H6 P-Cut

MyersFan927
01-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by H-field Hero
Just a side note... I remember seeing the H5 dvd (not the tin) selling for $30 at this store which was a branch of FYE. I believe that was the retail price in 2000 when the film first came out. I simply couldn't imagine paying that much for any dvd, much less Halloween 5, despite it's exceptional anamorphic video and 5.1 audio track.

I saw H5 in the mall at two stores today for $19.99. Even that is high. Another time I saw it in Walmart for $7.99.

Halloween 5 is very much worth getting, but not for over $15. No DVD, in my opinion, is worth getting for more than that price, with the exception of a 2-disc DVD like the 25th Anniversary of H1.

much less Halloween 5

Shame on you :mad:

MyersFan927
01-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Don't you mean the 2 disc 25th of H1?

No, the one-disc THX DVD. Man, they are so easy to find in my area. You'd need to do a bit of searching for the 25th anniversary DVD, at least for a decent price (Suncoast has it for $29.99!!). Once in a while you can catch one at Best Buy. Mine was put on layaway there.

Franchise
01-15-2005, 07:46 PM
No, the one-disc THX DVD. Man, they are so easy to find in my area. You'd need to do a bit of searching for the 25th anniversary DVD, at least for a decent price (Suncoast has it for $29.99!!). Once in a while you can catch one at Best Buy. Mine was put on layaway there.

I'll be damned. No lenticular cover, I'm guessing though? I always thought that the original Halloween on DVD from 1997 would be pretty hard to find. But, I found that one on e-Bay a few years ago for $5. Call me a guy who wants a movie with no frills. ;)

MyersFan927
01-15-2005, 07:49 PM
As I'm sure you've all noticed from me, I've went on to get a few more DVD's and am still getting a few others. I'm still looking for the Extended DVD sealed with the cel attached, but those are expensive. I guess the one I have without it may have to do.

Yeah, those run high, but they're so awesome. I only have the regular Extended Edition...you have the regular one too? I don't remember seeing it when you posted your Halloween DVD pictures. What else are you looking for?

MyersFan927
01-15-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll be damned. No lenticular cover, I'm guessing though?

No, not lenticular. I've never even seen a hologram cover for the one-disc other than at Blockbuster Video. Does yours have the hologram?

I always thought that the original Halloween on DVD from 1997 would be pretty hard to find. But, I found that one on e-Bay a few years ago for $5. Call me a guy who wants a movie with no frills. ;)

HAHA You're not alone at least. I'd jump on one in a second if one pops up on Ebay.

MichaelMyers
01-15-2005, 08:41 PM
The first one I got was the H20 DVD. Today I saw H2 for $5.99 at Best Buy but I didn't have any money on me. I need H2, H3, and the T-Cut of H6. I'll go back and pick up H2 tomorrow.

Franchise
01-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Yeah, those run high, but they're so awesome. I only have the regular Extended Edition...you have the regular one too? I don't remember seeing it when you posted your Halloween DVD pictures. What else are you looking for?

I still have to get the last 2 versions of H4 and H5 that were second generations. And my Extended Edition is on loan to a friend. Shame on me.

And yes, I have the 1 disc with the hologram and the 2 disc with hologram, which only came that way. I just haven't gotten the 1 disc without the hologram. I see it every year at K-Mart for cheap, but I don't get it. I don't know why.

MrTaft
01-15-2005, 09:42 PM
The first one I bought was the 2000 THX release of H1 at Walmart when I was on holiday in the US that year. I had 'em all on VHS, but couldn't resist. The same went for H3 when it came out on DVD here in Australia. Soon after came H2, and then I got H20 for Christmas. I didn't want to buy the H1 Australian DVD because I already had that US one. Then my collection grew and I decided to take Josh's lead and collect every release I could find. H4, then H5 and H6 came soon after, and finally H8 when it was released.

smokey
01-15-2005, 09:55 PM
The first DVD i got was H20. Then I bought the extended version of Halloween. I got Halloween 4, 5 and Halloween: Resurrection for Christmas a few years back. I found H6 in a Cash Converters - sealed for 3.99 whoot. Then my dad got me H2 and I bought the H25 DVD after. I still need H3 but I ain't worried about it right now. I see it at Blockbuster for 17.99 but I have no money and I just ain't in the mood to shell out cash to buy it haha.

Roswell
01-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Just remember that it took me a while to get all the DVD's myself. Believe it or not, the last one I bought that I did need was H2. Strange but true. And yes, this is where this topic belongs. Don't berate the poor kid for having good tastes in movies and being proud of it. I'd gladly trade 10 Thorn clones for 1 of this kind. At least he's not peppering the board with nonsense. Take that and....well, you know. You just know.

Okay, then I apologize. I just assumed that he didn't need to make a thread about this subject. It seemed pointless at the time, but not now.

As for the subject this has turned into, my first Halloween DVD I bought was the 25th Anniversary DVD with my 2003 Christmas money. I had just gotten a DVD player that summer (Yes, behind on the times, but I just couldn't part with my VCR). I sold most of the tape versions of the films so I could buy the DVD's and have all but the H2 DVD (which is why I'm getting it today) and the H6 P-Cut on DVD, plus the countless Uncut DVD's out there.

MyersFan927
01-16-2005, 01:24 PM
I still have to get the last 2 versions of H4 and H5 that were second generations. And my Extended Edition is on loan to a friend. Shame on me.

And yes, I have the 1 disc with the hologram and the 2 disc with hologram, which only came that way. I just haven't gotten the 1 disc without the hologram. I see it every year at K-Mart for cheap, but I don't get it. I don't know why.

What do you mean by the last two versions of 4 and 5? For H4, there only was the 1999 original release (which you have), the tin (that one too), and the regular 2001 single box edition. Then for H5, there's only the tin and again, a single box one. Am I missing something?

Like I said, I've only seen the hologram one-disc DVD at Blockbuster and no where else. Where did you get yours?

H-Field Hero
01-16-2005, 01:33 PM
What do you mean by the last two versions of 4 and 5? For H4, there only was the 1999 original release (which you have), the tin (that one too), and the regular 2001 single box edition. Then for H5, there's only the tin and again, a single box one. Am I missing something? He may be referring to the tins, although I think he already has those. Either way, there are only 2 releases of H4 on dvd; As you said, the 99' release and the 01' Tin/keep case upgraded version. You're always correct with H5. Just the 2000 keepcase and tin release.

MyersFan927
01-16-2005, 01:45 PM
He may be referring to the tins, although I think he already has those. Either way, there are only 2 releases of H4 on dvd; As you said, the 99' release and the 01' Tin/keep case upgraded version. You're always correct with H5. Just the 2000 keepcase and tin release.

Yeah, he already has those. Two copies of each, one unsealed and one opened.

Silverpsycho
01-16-2005, 01:54 PM
It took me awhile to go grab them all on dvd because I previously only owned HalloweeN 1, 2 and 4 on vhs. Then I went out and just started buying them whenever I saw a good deal or a limited edition on dvd. The last one I bought was HalloweeN III not because I like it least but because it was hard to find for awhile.

What makes me so frustrated is the fact that I recommended watching the series to a friend and he ended up loving the original so much that he went out and bought the full series within a couple weeks! That made me crazy! :D Oh well, at least the people I recommend these films to end up loving them. Recruiting new fans is the best! :)

Donnie Darko
01-16-2005, 02:13 PM
haha, theyll be on the ohmb before ya know it! :)

jmb_052
01-16-2005, 03:10 PM
I still need to get Halloween 5 and 6 theatrical cut on DVD. But right now, im not searching too hard for them...

Franchise
01-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Yes, I'm referring to the later releases of H4 and 5. I should just go get them, but I'm a bit lazy. I got the H1 2 disc at Best Buy a long time ago. Then I bought the 1 disc there as well. I was quite fanatical.

MyersFan927
01-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Yes, I'm referring to the later releases of H4 and 5. I should just go get them, but I'm a bit lazy. I got the H1 2 disc at Best Buy a long time ago. Then I bought the 1 disc there as well. I was quite fanatical.

What the heck are you talking about, Mike? :p You have all the releases of H5 (regular and tin) and all the H4 ones save for the attachment. What other ones are you talking about?

alex lemasters
01-17-2005, 09:09 AM
It took me so long because where i live they don't have any good movies.I look all over the place but could not find them. but once I got h6 produce cut it seem like it gave luck because allthe store i look at stared to get them.

H-Field Hero
01-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Yes, I'm referring to the later releases of H4 and 5. I should just go get them, but I'm a bit lazy. Yeah man get the newer version of H4. The upgraded video quality and anamorphic treatment make it worth it. Plus the featurette is cool.

boogeyman87
01-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Well if the subject has turned to buying the movies and when you did then I had Halloween VHS Blockbuster Edition first and then H20 on VHS. For dvd I got H25 edition first, then Halloween II, 4,5, Resurrection, 6 , H20 and finally III.

ten31
01-17-2005, 10:26 AM
The only one I don't have on DVD is Halloween 6( I own it on vhs as well as the Pro cut). I'm still waiting for Dimension to release a better version. I have three copies of Halloween 4. Two regular and one Tin. Two copies of H5, one tin and one regular. Two copies of Resurrection.

Franchise
01-17-2005, 11:25 AM
What the heck are you talking about, Mike? :p You have all the releases of H5 (regular and tin) and all the H4 ones save for the attachment. What other ones are you talking about?

I need the attachment and the H5 new transfer as well. That and I don't have the regular non-lenticular cover of H1.

MyersFan927
01-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I need the attachment and the H5 new transfer as well. That and I don't have the regular non-lenticular cover of H1.

Is the new transfer you're talking about the attachment? If so, what regular edition do you have on your shelf? I only know of the attachment here and the tin. Sorry for the confusion.

Franchise
01-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Don't ask. I thought there was a new release of it with the H5 tin cover. I'm soooo dumb right now. Too many things in my head.

MyersFan927
01-17-2005, 12:39 PM
That's okay ;) We all get things mixed up from time to time, it happens - at least you only need one less DVD now!

slayerad2000
01-24-2005, 10:29 AM
i too have just completed my halloween collection but i'm still trying hard to find the p-cut of halloween 6 (the only place in the uk is e-bay but they go for stupid prices)

slayerad2000
01-28-2005, 03:52 PM
i now have the p-cut