PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Living Dead 4 and 5

Killer of Evil
01-13-2005, 05:46 PM
What do you think of this movie. It's coming out this year, and I think it looks pretty good.

Chomp_on_this
01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Ehhh...not sure if this is worth my time. I might check out Necropolis, but I sure as hell won't even waste anything on Rave from the Grave. That movie just looks and sounds aweful.

Maxvayne
01-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Chomp_on_this
Ehhh...not sure if this is worth my time. I might check out Necropolis, but I sure as hell won't even waste anything on Rave from the Grave. That movie just looks and sounds aweful.

Where's James Karen and Thom Mathews? This is not a Return Of The Living Dead movie!

I'm starting to think this isn't worth my time ether. The director didn't even know who Tar Man was and forgot to put him in this one, but put him in Rave!

The Third was bad, not horrid, but bad. This and the fifth looks like it can chart in the worst horror movies ever contest.

Only the First two are the only Return of the Living Dead movies.

Spongerboy
01-13-2005, 08:06 PM
got any trailers i can see?

Maxvayne
01-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Spongerboy
got any trailers i can see?

No, but there's two pretty bad posters of these two out there...

T1000416
01-14-2005, 04:04 AM
chceck bloody-disgusting. They have posters and pictures....and what not

ten31
01-14-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne
Where's James Karen and Thom Mathews? This is not a Return Of The Living Dead movie!

I'm starting to think this isn't worth my time ether. The director didn't even know who Tar Man was and forgot to put him in this one, but put him in Rave!

The Third was bad, not horrid, but bad. This and the fifth looks like it can chart in the worst horror movies ever contest.

Only the First two are the only Return of the Living Dead movies.

I liked the third one. Sure it strayed away from the previous two but come on? Mindy Clarke as the sexed up zombie. It can't get better than that.

atomic dog
01-14-2005, 04:54 AM
any dates for this release?

is it DTV?

ten31
01-14-2005, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by atomic dog
any dates for this release?

is it DTV?

Both ROLD 4&5 are going to DTV. There's no release date set yet. All that has been said is that they will be released some time in 2005.

Killer of Evil
01-14-2005, 06:58 AM
No I gotta correct some info.

Necropolis is coming out in 2005.

Rave From The Grave comes out in 2006.

I don't know if its DTV or Theatrical.

Killer of Evil
01-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I don't think it's DTV cause of the big budget.

Jasons son
01-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Shond i see ever on of these i hath see(rotld 3)

ten31
01-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Killer of Evil
I don't think it's DTV cause of the big budget.

From a few people I talked with they said they weren't going to be theatrically released. They could have a limited release lilke LA/NY screenings.

Comrade Sean
01-17-2005, 01:10 AM
It looks like a goat fucking a donkey.....

In other words, SHIT.

I can't believe that the ROTLD series has fallen so far. After two it really tanked, and now they're already working on a FIFTH even when they haven't released a FOURTH? Fucking insane!

Hallowicked
01-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Maxvayne

The question should be, where the hell is the return of Trash... the great Linnea Quigley!

ten31
01-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Comrade Sean
It looks like a goat fucking a donkey.....

In other words, SHIT.

I can't believe that the ROTLD series has fallen so far. After two it really tanked, and now they're already working on a FIFTH even when they haven't released a FOURTH? Fucking insane!

I thought they were shot back to back so it's basically the same budget for the two.

Comrade Sean
01-17-2005, 11:25 AM
That's even worse!

Because you know if four sucks, five will suck just as bad.

Maxvayne
01-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Comrade Sean
That's even worse!

Because you know if four sucks, five will suck just as bad.

No doubt. I already fear that this has happend without anyone seeing the movie yet.

Chomp_on_this
02-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Guess what just went live?

http://www.returnofthelivingdead4and5.com/

zombie commando
02-12-2005, 08:44 AM
Cool, all I ask from these sequels is a fun DTV experience. I'm not looking for them to set the world of fire...I'll leave that to Land of the Dead.

atomic dog
02-12-2005, 04:40 PM
hmm, i question renting these.

Chomp_on_this
02-12-2005, 05:48 PM
I am interested in seeing Necrap...I mean Necropolis...heh. But Rave from the Grave just looks utterly stupid and pointless.

boogeyman87
02-12-2005, 06:01 PM
I want to see these becuase maybe it will contain some of that Return feel and style that I like, and its a chance to see a zombie movie in the movie theater. Not too many of those come out.

Chomp_on_this
02-12-2005, 07:46 PM
If you watch th trailer, there is a punk zombie. Maybe that's the ATTEMPT at achiveing the old ROTLD feel. Sad to say, I think you can pretty much say thats as close to the original as its gonna get...lol. The teens look more moronic, yet beautiful, than ever.

I can't belive the guy from E.T. is in these two flicks.

boogeyman87
02-12-2005, 07:56 PM
I take back everything I ever said about these films. They look like utter pieces of garbage. No way am I seeing these, wow are they bad.

Chomp_on_this
02-12-2005, 07:58 PM
For real? Or are you just fucking with me?

boogeyman87
02-12-2005, 09:26 PM
For real? Or are you just fucking with me?

No I'm serious. It reaks of DTV and just ruins whatever name and postion the previous ROTLD flicks had. I'm dissapointed.

zombie commando
02-14-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
No I'm serious. It reaks of DTV and just ruins whatever name and postion the previous ROTLD flicks had. I'm dissapointed.

Yes....because those were so revered as modern horror classics....

boogeyman87
02-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by zombie commando
Yes....because those were so revered as modern horror classics....

No but they definantely fit in the 90's and the 80's with their campy "send more paramedics" and their zombie fun. Its 2005, and their acting like the series is still relevant and worth it. Why not just start something new...

zombie commando
02-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by boogeyman87
No but they definantely fit in the 90's and the 80's with their campy "send more paramedics" and their zombie fun. Its 2005, and their acting like the series is still relevant and worth it. Why not just start something new...

Are you suggesting that just because it's now 2005 we can't have campy movies? It doesn't fit with the era and culture of our society? I would like to think we aren't stuck up enough to still appreciate cheesy films that have no pretensions about what they are....

boogeyman87
02-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Are you suggesting that just because it's now 2005 we can't have campy movies? It doesn't fit with the era and culture of our society? I would like to think we aren't stuck up enough to still appreciate cheesy films that have no pretensions about what they are....

Well, I can say they dont fit the bill to what I thought was standard stuff. I'm guessing all those good to moderately good horror films in the last while has got me thinking. It feels out of place ZC.

Silverpsycho
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Guess what just went live?

http://www.returnofthelivingdead4and5.com/
Hey thanks for the link Chomp ;)

Sure, these look awful but I'll give them a try anyway. Sometimes I end up loving the really crappy stuff just because they end up making me laugh so hard. These could very well be the next Jack Frost films for me :D

MichaelMyers
05-08-2005, 06:47 AM
'Return of the Living Dead' Sequels Hitting Theaters?!
Get more on Zombie Movies | Posted 05.07.05 @ 12:32 pm ]

I find this news impossible to believe, especially since the official site for both Return of the Living Dead 4: Necropolis (review) and Return of the Living Dead 5: Rave to the Grave (review) report that both films will see a theatrical release on the same day- October 7th, 2005. Both films are owned by MGM, which is in the process of moving over to Sony, so I'm sure these dates will be changing in the near future...

zombie commando
05-08-2005, 10:58 AM
I hope they don't hit the theatres. They were made to be direct to video. I can't imagine spending the moola to see them on the big screen.

Donnie Darko
05-08-2005, 11:04 AM
yeah, that seems kinda ridiculous having two movies from the same franchise hit theatres the same day. especially a franchise who hasnt made a movie in 13 years i believe it is.

they should release them on video to aviod the inevitable "box office flop" that it will probally see. i like all 3 of the existing ROTLD movies, but theyve not exactly taken the world by storm either.

i guess i would go see part 4, if that was good id see part 5. but that is a foolish marketing scheme being released on the same day.

Chuck D
05-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I hope they don't hit the theatres. They were made to be direct to video. I can't imagine spending the moola to see them on the big screen.

Looking at some of the images from the official website; they both look enjoyable enough for me to fork out cash if they hit the theaters over here. I have to say I am looking forward to these...

boogeyman87
07-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Looks like this film is going tol be released after Rave From the Grave's October 7th limited release in New York and Los Angeles; and wide release in Chicago, Seattle, Detroit, Atlanta and Phoenix. Depending on Rave's box office gross from those showings, Necropolis may be released soon after the sequel, apparently. And I'm guessing 4 and 5 will be dropped from the titles seeing as how the 5th is being released first.

Chomp_on_this
09-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Zombie Marathon on Sci-Fi on Oct. 15. Check your local listings,.... they will be playing the two brand new ROTLD films, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: NECROPOLIS and RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: RAVE TO THE GRAVE.

discvader
10-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Just a reminder that the sci-fi channel will be airing the two latest Return of the Living Dead movies this Saturday, Oct. 15th...

Superman
10-15-2005, 12:15 PM
I just saw a commerical for a new Sci-fi original tv movie. Here is the link. Has anyone else heard of this before? They both come on tonight. I might check them out.

http://www.scifi.com/returnofthelivingdead/

The schedule:

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/today.html

Times listed are central time zone

2:00 PM MOVIE DAY OF THE DEAD
4:00 PM MOVIE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 3
6:00 PM SCI FI PICTURES RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: NECROPOLIS
8:00 PM SCI FI PICTURES RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: RAVE TO THE GRAVE
10:00 PM SCI FI PICTURES RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: NECROPOLIS
12:00 AM SCI FI PICTURES RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: RAVE TO THE GRAVE

atomic dog
10-15-2005, 01:14 PM
i've heard of it. i'm not sure though if it has anything to do with the DTV movies that were, or about to be released for the ROTLD series.

Superman
10-15-2005, 01:24 PM
I just saw another commerical for them and they are listed as 4 and 5.

Femanizer
10-15-2005, 02:22 PM
These weren't made for TV, they were made for video but Sci Fi is showing them before they hit video. So any cursing or extreme violence will be edited out.

Superman
10-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I did not see the other thread here:

http://www.ohmb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3340

So this can be closed please. I started to watch #4, but could not get into it. So I did not even bother watching #5. :(

H5rulz
10-15-2005, 10:02 PM
i dont know about you guys, but I really enjoyed these. They were a breath of fresh air and sort of like the older days. Definently better than part III, thats for sure. I wish Mimi would have been shown more in part 4, lol.

horrornut
10-16-2005, 04:04 AM
I can't believe we watched BOTH of those new Zombie movies last night. They had to be the absolute WORSE pieces of s**t that I have seen on TV in years. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH..IMO

Chomp_on_this
10-17-2005, 09:59 AM
The effects were pretty good, but that's all it had going for them. They used the back of the head bite way too much, which got boring fast. The stories were preposturous, the characters were beyond stupid, and the acting was paper thin...especially of the main character pretty boy guy. That guy was about as emotionless as Double M.

They both were aweful.

H5rulz
10-18-2005, 05:20 AM
did anyone record them on dvd and willing to make me a copy? I will pay for them. Also, I made some nice dvd covers for them.

H5rulz
03-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Amazon.com has Necropolis being released on DVD in Mid'April... i dont see anything on Rave to the Grave tho.

Nightmareman88
04-01-2006, 12:59 AM
These two are the biggest disappointments I have ever faced and an complete discrase to the original ROTLD. I highly suggest everyone whom are fans of the original to burn these in hell were they belong.

NightmareMan84
05-20-2006, 06:17 AM
I rented Necropolis and watched it yesterday. I can't believe that the series has come this low. The effects aren't bad, there's some gore, the characters are likeable, even if the acting isn't great, and I thought it got more entertaining as it went along. But the bad script, dialogue, slow first 20-25 minutes, and waste of ideas, like the uber zombies, that are brought up, but little to nothing is done with them are what hurt it. I'll see Rave to the Grave just out of curiosity and because I love the first 2, and like 3, but won't expect much.

Ravenheart
05-20-2006, 06:27 AM
I watched part 4 last weekend.It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as it could have been.I'm still trying to figure out why the zombies were slow and could be killed by a shot to the head.The last time I watched a ROTLD movie,they could move pretty good and could only be killed for lack of a better word by chopping them up.

Nightmareman88
05-20-2006, 06:59 AM
the characters are likeable

Excuse me? They're no were near likeable, infact all of them annoying, they are just a gaggle of stereotypical characters just waiting to get into trouble. They’re all here: the nerd, the slut, the girl the hero likes, the thug, the badass, the black guy, and the dorky little brother who follows them around. And all of them sudden seem to handle weapons like friggin' soldiers??

Ravenheart
05-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Excuse me? They're no were near likeable, infact all of them annoying, they are just a gaggle of stereotypical characters just waiting to get into trouble. They’re all here: the nerd, the slut, the girl the hero likes, the thug, the badass, the black guy, and the dorky little brother who follows them around. And all of them sudden seem to handle weapons like friggin' soldiers??

All those sterotypes in a movie?Wow thats new.What is the entertainment industry coming to????

:rolleyes:

mr32
12-17-2006, 02:27 PM
I have 2 words for those movies Pure Bullshit, and if they are going to let the man that did those film remake the classic ROTLD i have to said i will be a waste of crap and go striaght to dvd.

Khan
07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
They look so bad I will likely skip them.

Shamrock-Robot
07-21-2007, 04:01 AM
I seen these on Sci Fi channel a few months ago and they were horrible.

Rich
07-21-2007, 08:18 PM
I saw Rave from the Grave. It was a crappy movie, but I liked how Tarman returned. The first three are classic.

Shamrock-Robot
07-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Tarman wasnt enough to save it for me.

cinezombi
07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
These films are total garbage. It has the same characters in both with no remembrance of the other film.

Shamrock-Robot
07-28-2007, 08:52 AM
These films should be took off of the planet.

mr_casper_sgv
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
I just realized the other day there was a part 4, and now today I seen there is a part 5, how many more are going to be made?? I also realized they dont put The Night of The Living Dead in the series. I thought all these were sequels since the original 1968 Night of The Living Dead????

discvader
11-09-2007, 06:43 AM
I just realized the other day there was a part 4, and now today I seen there is a part 5, how many more are going to be made?? I also realized they dont put The Night of The Living Dead in the series. I thought all these were sequels since the original 1968 Night of The Living Dead????
They're not a direct sequel. After Night, John Russo and George A. Romero wanted to go in different directions with the series, I believe George's movies are referred to as the "Dead" movies(dawn of the dead, day of the dead...) and John's movies are referred to as the "living dead" movies(return of the living dead...2, 3,...).

Khan
11-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Exactly.

There is also Day Of The Dead 2: Contagium, which is totally unrelated to anything Romero did.

renee30152
11-10-2007, 09:28 AM
It was an okey movie. Not the best by far.

Khan
11-10-2007, 03:08 PM
The guy who wrote the scripts told me (on his MB) that what you see on film was completely changed from what he gave them.

blacksymbiote
07-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Part 4 was decent enough and had a fairly good storyline and characters to it but then part 5 torpedoed it all to hell.

the 'M' clam
08-14-2011, 12:07 AM
I did not know there was a 5th film of Return of the Living Dead. The 4th film was pretty plane as I got fed up watching half way throw but the ending was quite cool.